As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    [
    Phyphor wrote: »
    ALmBLfSA46sAsKhAwA=.png

Step 1. Play Luna
    Step 2. Behold, the tools of creation x20
    Step 3. Yoggggggggggg

I like that there's not even a real attempt at a reliable wincon here.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    [
    Phyphor wrote: »
    ALmBLfSA46sAsKhAwA=.png

Step 1. Play Luna
    Step 2. Behold, the tools of creation x20
    Step 3. Yoggggggggggg

I like that there's not even a real attempt at a reliable wincon here.

RNGesus take the wheel!!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yogg and Puzzle Box win the game 100% of the time.* :cool:

*Not necessarily for the player who plays them.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Those DH decks Yilias posted have been showing up on ladder, and they are nasty.

I’m 5-1 with one of them at 4500 or so NA Legend. It seems pretty effective.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i got into top 1000 legend today with guardian druid

this deck has the most disgusting highrolls i have ever seen

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Who needs to include a wincon when you can generate a wincon

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I need to find a better way to automate my data entry.

Last season they only played ~300 games a week so at 10s per game it took a little under an hour to input everything.
    Doing ~850 games a week at that same rate takes almost two and a half hours.

I don't think Web Scraper is capable of discerning a specific decklist instead of just classes though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Are people getting extended lag in Hearthstone these days after some time of playing? It's happened a couple times this week to me.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Oh, we had a new VS today. They usually wait 2 weeks after a new patch but I guess not this time. https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-170/

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Just ran from Diamond 10 to Diamond 5 (yay dad legend!) with the soul shard demon deck. It's not great against Priest or Warrior, seems pretty good against everything else. Loading up on Silence effects helps a ton with Druid. It's really more of a weapon/face deck that uses everything else to control the board/keep your life total up. At least that's how I played it.

Regarding the VS data reaper report, it feels like there's some kind of good Quest Shaman deck hiding somewhere, but it's probably just a little too slow for how fast the meta is right now. At least that's my experience from messing around with it.

Absolutely LOVE the Discover change. Long overdue.

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    the amount of times i've seen Renew into Renew into Renew etc etc etc

TOO DAMN HIGH

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I just got brightwing -> brightwing for the first time a few days ago so I'm glad I was able to check that off the list

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i got into top 1000 legend today with guardian druid

this deck has the most disgusting highrolls i have ever seen
    And I guess the most disgusting lowrolls ever too. Meanwhile, since I've apparently got top 100 legend MMR or something, I took it for a spin tonight and got 0-3'd.

Game 1 was ultratoxic potion mage with turn 1 orb who gets the infinite freeze combo before I can kill them while I get trash draws.
    Game 2 was play first perfect curve nut draw tempo rogue who blew me out by turn 6 or so (and also got a Mirror Image up the turn before I played Kael).
    Game 3 was enrage warrior with the nuttiest draws imaginable, giving them 2 10/2 divine shields on turn 5 or 6. Meanwhile I have the worst draws imaginable. No Overgrowth, no Overflow, no Guardians, no Kael. My final turn (turn 8 I think) was an empty board, Innervate, Lightning Bloom, and both Survivals in hand.

3 awesome autolosses. Spectacular.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Just had a turn 7 victory against a Demon Hunter somehow. They were ignoring the +spell damage mobs I threw on the table and I got luck with being able to freeze him, apparently all his cards were based on giving his hero damage.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Well of 75 top 4 finishes in Battlegrounds so far, 16 of them have been first place finishes. I wish I knew how many matches I've played total, but I feel like my "win" rate (going by top 4) is really good. Like 3/4 matches good, maybe even better.

I'm thinking pirates and demons are the most fun decks to play with. Murlocs are easy to capitalize on but they're not really fun. Even when I'm using them, poison is just way too strong in this mode. Pirates there's some execution required, especially with minion order, and it's fun to move things around just to see how much an impact it might have. As for demons they allow for a couple of different methods (super buffing the weaver or relying on the soul guy to be a canon). I generally hate relying on "if x minion dies, do y" strategies, because it means filling the board with cards that might not summon their full impact of additional summons.

Beasts are the worst, easily.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i've been forcing a lot of ragequits with illucia today

you get a general feel for when a combo deck has assembled its stuff and is just about to go off and you pull the rug out from under their feet

problem is most of them concede the moment you play her and you don't get to waste all their cards

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I haven't seen Glide played at all. Is there an unspoken Gentlemen's Agreement to not use it?

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I haven't seen Glide played at all. Is there an unspoken Gentlemen's Agreement to not use it?

No, it's just a terrible card.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• Options

Which is definitely a good thing, because on paper it sounded scary as fuck.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Earlier a mage tempoed out Mozaki on t5 against me, a Paladin. I had three things on the board and I still couldn’t kill it, so the game just kind of ended then and there. I think he played apprentice and evocation the next turn? I don’t remember because it didn’t really matter.

I don’t have a lot of personal issues with a card like Mozaki, but maybe it shouldn’t have 8 health.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Keep in mind that people in this thread were concerned about revealed cards like Stelina and Magehunter, so the community's ability to assess cards has room for improvement.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

Is anyone even playing DH these days? I only play wild, where odd DH is the only flavor I run into, and rarely at that.

• Options
    I also think it's hilarious that DHs were trying out the new cards for a bit before realizing most of them kinda weren't great and simply lapsed back into the old list with a few minor changes (like Polkelt)

Almost like I was right about my fear that the new set wouldn't change anything for them

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    I also think it's hilarious that DHs were trying out the new cards for a bit before realizing most of them kinda weren't great and simply lapsed back into the old list with a few minor changes (like Polkelt)

Almost like I was right about my fear that the new set wouldn't change anything for them

I’ve gone from 5.5k to 3.8k Legend with a Soulshard Demon Hunter that Yilias posted. It’s almost 50% new cards. It feels really, really strong to me, either T1 or high T2 in Standard. It also doesn’t seem to be showing up on HS Replay.

1x (1) Consume Magic
    2x (1) Spirit Jailer
    2x (1) Twin Slice
    2x (2) Blade Dance
    2x (2) Chaos Strike
    2x (2) Soul Shear
    2x (2) Spectral Sight
    2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
    1x (3) Eye Beam
    2x (3) Magehunter
    2x (3) Shardshatter Mystic
    1x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
    1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
    1x (4) Magtheridon
    2x (4) Marrowslicer
    2x (5) Soulshard Lapidary
    2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
    1x (7) Soulciologist Malicia

Code: AAECAZvoAwaloQPHxgPaxgPUyAO1yQPP0gMMh7oD17sD4LwD2cYD1cgD/MgD0c0D3s4DzNIDzdID1NID99UDAA==

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »

The Soulshard DH lists are very legit.

In Battlegrounds news, just got to pick Captain Eudora, then a quick 165/160 Goldgrubber menagerie list later I got first place! Who knew?

• Options
    With that Q&A posted recently implying there might be some sort of shake-up with Classic cards, I think I'm going to start hoarding my Classic packs from Brawl/Spectate quests. Now that I finally got Edwin from a pack, I don't feel like I'm missing any majorly critical Classic cards for the current meta. I've still got gaps in Legendaries/Epics, like only one Brawl, Ruin, Far Sight, but for me those aren't deal breakers for running viable decks with those classes (for now).

• Options
    Was just playing against a Paladin, and it came to me that the class would work a lot better if they ditched the Secrets and replaced them with Sidequests. I mean, Paladins are all about Quests, not secrets, right?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    nah a holy order being secretive is pretty thematically apropos

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    one of the most iconic paladin orders in wow is the Scarlet Crusade which of course is secretly a zealotous murderous organization that, unbeknownst to them, is manipulated by demons

that said i think GET DOWN! is the most iconic paladin secret, and is a perfect representation of how secrets can be used to represent quick, heroic acts

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    there should be a paladin legendary named Mr. President that synergizes with Noble Sacrifice

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    i did always think it a bit odd that it was mage/hunter/paladin as the secret classes and not like, rogue

but then rogue did get secrets! temporary ones that rotate out, but hey. and even though the first batch didn't see play, the 2nd batch sure as hell did. the first batch was very oddly designed though, like.... control secrets?? in a tempo-based class????

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    what do you mean, how could the class with cards such as anub'arak and valeera the hollow not be a control class

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    In Alpha, Rogues had secrets instead of Paladins.

From an interview with Ben Brode right after GvG came out:
    This always bothered me a lot so I’m actually quite happy to finally get to ask this: Why do Paladins have Secrets while Rogues do not? I mean aren’t Rogues those badasses lurking in the shadows, backstabbing people and stuff like that? I’m pretty sure they have a lot of secret techniques to offer!

The funny thing is, they actually did have secrets once upon a time, they were a secret class. We actually felt like Paladins could use them to their better advantage, Rogue has a ton a sneaky things they were doing already with Backstab, Stealth and Combo which gave them a lot of class identity. Also we were struggling with what the Paladin class identity was at the time, it just was something we didn’t really have a great picture of. It was fun to play, but it didn’t really has something that was their own thing and so we changed Secrets to be a Paladin mechanic instead of a Rogue mechanic. That gave both Rogue a clearer picture in things that it wanted to do and it gave Paladin a little bit more clear picture of what it could do. And i think that actually worked out pretty well for us.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I’ve been Glided once, late game as Priest where I had a solid hand to close out the game against my DH opponent. Basically ended up reshuffling all my defenses.

Still managed a win, but it was really close and relied on a key top deck of a Plague of Death.

I’ve also gotten into the Platinum ranks for the first time ever, thanks to the Malkorok DH lists that @Yilias posted. I picked the middle one.

• Options
    Also we were struggling with what the Paladin class identity was at the time

and also at all times since

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Paladins fight with murlocs right? That's their thing.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Paladins fight with murlocs right? That's their thing.

As in WoW, so in HS.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    ah yes, paladin secrets, so class defining, so prominent in the meta

such wonderful secrets like eye for an eye and other crap i can't even remember

even when we had good paladin secrets it took other synergy cards to get people to want to run them (mysterious challenger etc)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Every class should have secrets anyway, it's like having an MTG color without instants.

• Options
    Every class should have secrets anyway, it's like having an MTG color without instants.

I think it's more comparable to an MTG color not having counters and/or draw

blue was a mistake

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg