As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    HEY GANG

it is TIME for battleground party!!! we need more people

reply here in the thread or message Narwhal or myself thx u~~~

edit: Nvm we got 4 and we had a real good time!!!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    It was fun. Also I tried to queue one more game without you guys on NA and it pushed me into the tutorial. Thankfully you can just leave that.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    It was fun. Also I tried to queue one more game without you guys on NA and it pushed me into the tutorial. Thankfully you can just leave that.

The game is telling you something...

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Thanks to Dibby, Grobian, and Vicari for some group games! We were all on discord and got to chat the whole time and support each other/taunt Dibby so it was great fun! I'd like to make this a weekly event open for anyone so I'll put the word out again next week! 1PM EST on Sundays :)

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    So in an odd-numbered private lobby, I guess someone would just get a bye round every round until someone died?

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    So in an odd-numbered private lobby, I guess someone would just get a bye round every round until someone died?

Potentially? We only had 4 so we queued. Grobian got lots of EXP because he had none to start on the US server.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    narwhal wrote: »

Potentially? We only had 4 so we queued. Grobian got lots of EXP because he had none to start on the US server.

I got 89 rating for a 3rd place and 82 for a 4th, it was ridiculous. Later when I played alone I got some firsts and I got over 180 for one of them.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I played a single game of BGs on my secondary account that I otherwise hadn’t logged into for years. Started at 4K and got first place. I got 255 MMR for that, so that’s likely the cap.

• Options
    I got the 5th digit!

fkk7sx8i8do2.png

I had been on a serious upward swing last week and today I played 2 games and it got me there. The first was a Jandice where i found the first Pogo on 5 gold and the second on 6 gold so it was just easy mode cruising to first place. I only lost one round, against my final opponent. We had to play three times and I won two of them to take it home. The second game was a Maiev where I had a solid midgame and went for a menagerie (even had a brann) but didn't get enough buff minions to get the stats up so I lost to poison murlocs and big dragons/nadina in the top 3.

• Options
    Apparently if you have a Brann, Khadgar, and Golden Khadgar on your board and play a token spawner, you end up with 4 golden token minions. Crazy.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    I played a single game of BGs on my secondary account that I otherwise hadn’t logged into for years. Started at 4K and got first place. I got 255 MMR for that, so that’s likely the cap.

They probably cap it at 255 to leave one extra number. If it goes above 256, the memory will crash from integer overflow.

While I'm sure this isn't true, I only know this factoid because I could never understand why Link could only hold 255 Rupees in the original Legend of Zelda. Cart memory in the 8-bit era was real.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Marty81 wrote: »

They probably cap it at 255 to leave one extra number. If it goes above 256, the memory will crash from integer overflow.

While I'm sure this isn't true, I only know this factoid because I could never understand why Link could only hold 255 Rupees in the original Legend of Zelda. Cart memory in the 8-bit era was real.

That limitation has been responsible for a lot of old programming practices that have stuck around. It’s like you have 64 bits. You can get weird with it, don’t use that old legacy code with odd integer sizes set randomly and you’ll be fine.

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    My Main problem with jandice is (like so often) not her power or that build but how she warps the lobby. Everyone needs to grab all the selfless heroes and push for a couple poison minions. It just gets boring and also very rng dependent (who hits in the right order to get their shields refreshed etc)

coming back to this because i just got in a lobby where murlocs were banned and Jandy was in there

so it's like, cool. guess she's gonna steamroll everyone. and there's no counter with limited poisonous!

so yeah, she warps the lobby HARDDDD. she gotta get changed or pogo needs to go. one or the other.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Minions she swaps just need to lose their buffs; she’d still have a pretty good HP: tokens early on, double good battlecries late. She’d even still be pretty good with pogos since she’d be able to play one every round potentially, just not as oppressively as now

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    This was only my second undefeated run. Absolutely filthy.
    yd0joysehjs9.png

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Minions she swaps just need to lose their buffs; she’d still have a pretty good HP: tokens early on, double good battlecries late. She’d even still be pretty good with pogos since she’d be able to play one every round potentially, just not as oppressively as now

Her hero power would still be /at least/ good; you could reuse big battlecries forever, like Bagurgle or the taunt buffer.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    So, Top 2 vs Jandy. She fucked up and tripled her Pogo so she couldn't keep stacking it so it only capped out at like 90/90 something. But it was still an issue. What to do, what to do....

EieElVNXcAYTJEc.jpg
    EieElVMXkAYOpAq.jpg

You go Triple Brann Menagerie buff the shit out of your board somehow never get any Amalgadons yourself (:rotate:) and randomly buy Pogos for shits and gigs until you realize that you've bought 6 of them over the course of buying/reselling and wow now it's actually huge and worth keeping around and you end up tripling it into a gigantic monstrosity and out-Pogo Jandy.

Oh, and end with two Selfless Heroes. Those were KEY.

ez win

edit: almost forgot!!! Back over 8k, fam. 8-)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    playing demon hunter and just had a fairly rough game vs a highlander priest who generated FIVE fucking renews (two from cobalt spellkin, two from wandmaker, two from the second cobalt spellkin he got from raise dead)

this guy was so far ahead he just slammed down dragonqueen alex on 9, he didn't fucking care, he was at 30 and i was out of gas

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Are you running the soul shard DH? It seems like priest is not a great matchup for that deck.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    thats the only good demon hunter deck so yes i am

even though supposedly they are a poor matchup, i don't struggle with druids at all, probably because i've played druid so much that i can predict their bullshit and know how to mulligan vs it

last game i had a druid emergency deathwing to clear my full soulciologist malicia board then topdeck overflow (!!!) and draw phaoris plus two survival of the fittest which spawned two colossus of the moon (!!!!)

so i gambled on hitting kayn sunfury discounted from my skull of gul'dan and dodging the soul shards which would have lost me the game if drawn in the wrong sequence

luckily i drew him discounted to 1, played him with my remaining 1 mana and had lethal through a bunch of fat taunts

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Sorry, I don't really keep up with VS and meta lists that much. Didn't know how many DH deck types were floating out there.

• Options
    alright, I have finally rolled the credits on Hades, so I can start streaming battlegrounds this week starting tomorrow. I think I'll aim to do it 3-7 EST. Defo would appreciate people popping in to say hi at the very least!

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Sorry, I don't really keep up with VS and meta lists that much. Didn't know how many DH deck types were floating out there.
    Aggro DH is still good and sees play, but doesn't seem to be as good as Soul shard. Soul shard has more matches it wins hard than aggro DH (aggro has a lot of coin flips or slightly unfavored matchups). The main thing aggro has going for it is even matchups against some of Soul shard's worst matches (Druid, Pure Paladin, Big Warrior), so if you were facing a lot of them, you might be better off with aggro.

Its main issue is that Face Hunter is simply the better aggro counter to those decks right now. Still, if you need DH wins, you can get them with aggro DH.

• Options
    I decided to try a soul shard DH because I have most of the cards. One of the major changes I made is running Polkelt. If I can play him on t 4, I get Soulciologist on 5 and Skull on 6, which draws me into double lapidary and a glavebound, each 2 mana. Nice 15 damage t7. Haven't really played much DH since it released but this deck seems fun.

• Options
    Mmmm gettin' better at playin' Biggie Smalls. Got a 3rd place with him today!

Starting to learn though that you should very quickly disregard any notions of "build/comp" and just slam whatever fucking fatties you get, though. I think that was my mistake with that game, I stuck too rigidly to my Lightfang build and should've just abandoned that the moment I started getting big fatties.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Dibby wrote: »
    Mmmm gettin' better at playin' Biggie Smalls. Got a 3rd place with him today!

Starting to learn though that you should very quickly disregard any notions of "build/comp" and just slam whatever fucking fatties you get, though. I think that was my mistake with that game, I stuck too rigidly to my Lightfang build and should've just abandoned that the moment I started getting big fatties.
    Chonky bois to survive and roll for gold grubbers.

zepherin on
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Murlocs and Free Coins are good:

9m6xubrtlliv.jpg

First time that I can remember, I had a perfect run without losing once.

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Going live in a minute! Hope to see some of you there :)

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    No free Classic pack this week. I think it's the heroic Brawliseum. :(

• Options
    never thought i'd see this, but the amazing reno just lost the game for my opponent

ymBfKvO.png

forbidden words nuked all 10 of his mana crystals

• Options
    And it looks like it did it to kill his own minion. Justice!

• Options
    There seems to be some sort of bug in the tavern pass exclusivity for the 3 new heroes. Once in a while, I've spectated non-pass players get offered one of the 3 new heroes. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

• Options
    Hmmm

Ran into someone on ladder playing...... Pirate Mage today.

Yes, you read that right.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Hmmm

Ran into someone on ladder playing...... Pirate Mage today.

Yes, you read that right.

so you're saying I should come back and give the ol' Beast Priest a spin, huh

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Beasteh wrote: »
    never thought i'd see this, but the amazing reno just lost the game for my opponent

ymBfKvO.png

forbidden words nuked all 10 of his mana crystals

Honestly this seems pretty on brand for Reno

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    There seems to be some sort of bug in the tavern pass exclusivity for the 3 new heroes. Once in a while, I've spectated non-pass players get offered one of the 3 new heroes. Anyone know what the deal with that is?

If you mean recently, they’re released now.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »

If you mean recently, they’re released now.
    Nah, it happened here and there over at least the last week or so.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    After they nerf janice they should look at biggie smalls I’m 100% first place with them.

Just disgusting:
    ad930ocianvz.jpeg

And literally again. Since I posted the previous one:
    foh6w46pbx8r.jpeg

zepherin on
  • Options
    Eh, Biggles' overall placement is strictly mediocre. He's feast or famine. He has a pretty high rate of 1st place finishes, but he has a lot of 8th/7th finishes to balance it out. He's one of those heroes with an inverse bell curve that balances out to "not really OP" because often he just doesn't survive to his crazy power spike turns (or whiffs on them), like with Alexstrasza.

• Options
    Eh, Biggles' overall placement is strictly mediocre. He's feast or famine. He has a pretty high rate of 1st place finishes, but he has a lot of 8th/7th finishes to balance it out. He's one of those heroes with an inverse bell curve that balances out to "not really OP" because often he just doesn't survive to his crazy power spike turns (or whiffs on them), like with Alexstrasza.
    I think it’s because of the way people play biggles. It’s a slow roll. The idea is to play like your shooting for 5th or 4th. Just to survive essentially just build a mid game board that holds up. Then it swings hard.