As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    posting to clear bug

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    • You will get cards from the mini-set via Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs.
    • Mini-sets are to keep players engaged throughout the entire expansion cycle and have something new for returning and current players alike.
    • They want to make things feel fresh more often.
    More like they want to make things feel fre$$$h more often.

Is this really any different than buying an Adventure for however much money and having the cards unlock from that?

At least with this, you can gain them naturally through card packs (which you'll get getting as part of the new progression system) and you can just craft them with Dust.

I think this is a much better alternative than having to buy the Adventure. Plus, there's dupe protection enabled, so if you own all the commons/rares/etc from Darkmoon Faire already, every new pack will have the new cards.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Wow, I really thought the mini-expansion would just be given away for free in one big card dump or over a few weeks. Jamming those cards into packs is pretty shitty, so standard operating Blizzard procedure.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Wow, I really thought the mini-expansion would just be given away for free in one big card dump or over a few weeks. Jamming those cards into packs is pretty shitty, so standard operating Blizzard procedure.

When was the last time they gave away the mini-set for free, though. Honest question. They did it like once, I think, right? And then started monetizing it after they realized They Could Do That.

I'm not exactly defending them here or anything but I think some people are blowing it out of proportion; consider that before you either had to drop $20 on the Adventure or, what was it, 2500 gold? Which is a lot of gold. For ~30 cards.

You can get these cards from packs. You can craft them. There's dupe protection. That is leagues better than what we used to have, which was a paywall.

We will also have the new progression system which rewards Gold and Packs. It is not as bad as people are making it out to be, I guarantee you.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    KUbOXM9.png

YOOOOOO THEY FINALLY ADDED THIS IN THO

bless bless bless

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    • You will get cards from the mini-set via Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs.
    • Mini-sets are to keep players engaged throughout the entire expansion cycle and have something new for returning and current players alike.
    • They want to make things feel fresh more often.
    More like they want to make things feel fre$$$h more often.

Is this really any different than buying an Adventure for however much money and having the cards unlock from that?
    Yes, because adventures were always far more cost effective than buying packs. $20 (or 2800 gold) got you every single card in the adventure, which usually included a few epics and 4-5 legendaries. 20-28 packs will get you 1 legendary, on average. And since it will just be dumping cards into the existing set, you won't even have the guaranteed first 10 legendary.

If the mini-sets were just a bunch of commons and rares, I wouldn't have any complaints since you'd likely be able to get them all in a couple dozen packs thanks to dupe protection. But let's be real, that isn't what's going to happen here.

• Options
    edited October 2020

When was the last time they gave away the mini-set for free, though. Honest question. They did it like once, I think, right? And then started monetizing it after they realized They Could Do That.

I'm not exactly defending them here or anything but I think some people are blowing it out of proportion; consider that before you either had to drop $20 on the Adventure or, what was it, 2500 gold? Which is a lot of gold. For ~30 cards.

You can get these cards from packs. You can craft them. There's dupe protection. That is leagues better than what we used to have, which was a paywall.

We will also have the new progression system which rewards Gold and Packs. It is not as bad as people are making it out to be, I guarantee you.
    If you regularly get 5 legendaries in 20-28 packs, you should be forced to surrender your RNG permanently to me.

Blizzard's rube sense is tingling.

Edit: Forgot to point out.
    For ~30 cards.
    This is 100% wrong.

forty on
  • Options

If you regularly get 5 legendaries in 20-28 packs, you should be forced to surrender your RNG permanently to me.

Blizzard's rube sense is tingling.

Edit: Forgot to point out.
    For ~30 cards.
    This is 100% wrong.

Galakrond's Awakening contained 35 cards, no?

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    dibby it's my god-given right to play this game that i hate every decision made by the designers and you have no grounds by which to silence my right to whinge

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Galakrond's Awakening was 35 cards; 15 commons, 12 rares, 4 epics, 4 legendaries.

There's no reason they need to stick to that though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Galakrond's Awakening was 35 cards; 15 commons, 12 rares, 4 epics, 4 legendaries.

There's no reason they need to stick to that though.

Yeah, just that I think they did say mini-sets would be about 30 cards or so each time, is the thing. I think that's what they said, anyway.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I wonder how long I should wait to see if anyone here remembers how many copies of cards you can put in decks.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I wonder how long I should wait to see if anyone here remembers how many copies of cards you can put in decks.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone refer to the normal ~130 card set as a ~260 card set before, so I'm not sure why we should start now with the mini-sets?

Like I get what you're saying; buying the Adventurers gave you full duplicate copies of each card, two of each, all the commons/rares/legendaries. And with this you no longer just receive them, they're simply added into the pool.

It's just different. I'll take this implementation over being paywalled out though. At least with this method, you can just craft the shit you want, if you have Dust for it.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Adventures have never been paywalled, though. I mean no more than card packs are.
    I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone refer to the normal ~130 card set as a ~260 card set before, so I'm not sure why we should start now with the mini-sets?
    I'm not the one conflating language here.

forty on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    637005582858987643.png

Dibby thinks "Damn, only 4 cards in my pack."

forty on
  • Options
    I'm sorry, LoR has completely ruined me on any form of paying for non-cosmetic stuff. After getting an entire set in 4 months of play, I just can't imagine paying for random packs anymore. It's crazy and I still can't believe it sometimes.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Duels is fun! I like constructing new deck ideas and using fresh hero powers. The fact it can also use old cards makes sets worth a bit more for me, as I mainly play constructed, so I gave a use for them besides the occasional brawl. They aren't vital and depend on strategies, so it feels accessible for newer players as well, especially since you don't need duplicates.

All in all, I'm having a good time!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    1ed86d06ca1a289198db38b9ef0ed715.jpg
    Please, sir, I want some luck.

• Options
    1ed86d06ca1a289198db38b9ef0ed715.jpg
    Please, sir, I want some luck.

m0jpvuczqq9m.jpg
    Blizzard says, "Here ya' go! There's plenty of RNG in this set for everyone!"

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ElOWCY4XgAECtoK.jpg

robes of gaudiness ain't the only clown fiesta thing in Duels, honestly

(if you're wondering how that happened: i had the "your first spell cast this turn casts twice" treasure, plus the treasure that evolves a random friendly minion to one higher at the end of turn. so on turn 1 i cast primordial studies, which double-discounted the Archmage from 6 to 4, i coined him out on 2 since coin casts twice, two turns later he turned into Al'akir)

double spell casts is some busted shit though. i had a legitimate burn mage deck where i was just slinging face spells all fucking game, complete with stall (blizzard, frost nova, etc) and even antonidas for a finisher. got to 8 with that.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Isn't there a huge paywall for duels right now? :cool:

• Options
    Isn't there a huge paywall for duels right now? :cool:

There is.

Or.

You can get lucky like I did and win a giveaway from a various number of streamers etc.

It feels pretty sparse. I think I'm gonna wait til they add in, like, more stuff. Beyond just single HP/Treasure. Feels like there's a lotta potential but boy it feels very limited right now.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    You can get lucky like I did
    No, that's not possible.

• Options
    You can get lucky like I did
    No, that's not possible.

Of course, that's cause I have it all! ALL THE LUCK IS MINE

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Hit legend for the first time since the new ranking system, 2nd time overall, mainly on the back of soulshard demon hunter and quest druid, Last three matches were Priest-Priest-Aggro DH, and I only felt confident in that last match. The two priests were definitely "how far can I reach if I play/draw Kayn" through taunt walls.

Basically, respect my 2-3 attack minion board if you have less than 20 health, otherwise 3x twin slice, kayn, etc will make you sad.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I am the no fun allowed kind of player so all of my Duel decks include sludge belcher loatheb and ooze

• Options
    Damn, gonna miss Kosak. He brought such an incredible energy to the HS team.

But good luck to him on his next adventure!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Something I noticed about Duels, which seems overlooked, but I find to be a very smart design gameplay wise:

Even if you lose you get to upgrade your deck and gain more life. Takes the sting out of loss a bit, knowing your deck will be stronger next game.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I think if they didn’t do that it would be completely borked.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Sometimes even when you get the nuts you still can’t get first.

vzaiqv8nqlc8.jpeg

• Options
    No poison on the Amalgam? Not the true nuts.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I’m pretty sure the guy who voiced Turalyon in Duels is the same dude doing Reno and it’s really hard to not hear that.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    No poison on the Amalgam? Not the true nuts.
    I was replacing another poison murloc but the other team had too much divine shield

zepherin on
  • Options
    I just went 10-0 with this deck, placing me deep into Dad Legend. Did not expect that Silas actually is such a game changer, especially in a mirror or against Warrior. Gimme that Rattlegore!

### Turn the Pages
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) First Day of School
    # 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
    # 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
    # 2x (1) Pen Flinger
    # 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
    # 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
    # 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
    # 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
    # 1x (2) Novice Engineer
    # 1x (3) Lord Barov
    # 2x (3) Salhet's Pride
    # 1x (4) High Abbess Alura
    # 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
    # 2x (5) Libram of Justice
    # 2x (6) Devout Pupil
    # 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
    # 1x (7) Silas Darkmoon
    # 2x (9) Libram of Hope
    #
    AAECAZ8FBpwC/LgDhMEDk9ADw9EDyOEDDPsBlaYDyrgD/bgD6rkD67kD7LkDysEDlc0Dns0Dn80DwNEDAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

See my profile here!
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I got a new highscore in the current rating system, I'm still climbing steadily.

wgj7no893npi.jpg

This was a p fun game, because I got a golden Majordomo p early and just scaled off that. Later I won by making solid plays. I placed the Maexxna in front because my final opponent (faced him 3 times in top4) had a huge Goldgrubber as his only taunt and so I also had to ditch Domo. Then I bought the protector to counter his lineup of 3 poison minions at the front.

• Options
    EliTEo7WMAEL7fN.jpg

Crossing one off the bucket list: Golden Shifter Zerus!!!

And no I did NOT get 8th, thank you very much.

I got third. THANK YOU. OKAY.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    High rolling elementals is still disgusting. I just hit a kaelthas who was in first for 39 on the 10 gold turn.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Elementals seem way too strong.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    Elementals seem way too strong.
    Elementals are definitely tier 1. But when the lobby has 6 teams running elementals it’s hard to get the nuts. Where as a quiet murloc build can get you top 4 pretty reliably, to get snuffed out by the highlander elemental player who was the strongest.