As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    A Druid is going to pull off Survival into Carnival Clown and flood the board with 8/8 Taunts and make someone rageconcede and you WILL see it in a Trolden video on like day one or two

The Prophet Dibstradamus hath spoken.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    zepherin
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I feel like we are going to see a flare meta

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I feel like we are going to see a flare meta

There is zero reason to leave it at home during the first few days with this kind of Secret push, yeah.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    i still think it's bullshit that Flare doesn't take priority over Counterspell

literally lost a fucking game because i pulled a Flare off of Zeph and it got Counterspelled, cool!

DNiDlnb.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    THE SPELL CAN'T RESOLVE IF IT GETS COUNTERED DIBBY

YiliasbwanieShadowhope
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Now that everything is out, my overriding though is that the DH cards are miles ahead of everybody else's.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    BeastehDibbyDysShadowhope
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    if you play N’Zoth and you've had one circus amalgam die do you get 6 circus amalgams back?

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    why the fuck do they KEEP GIVING DEMON HUNTER MORE FUCKING DRAW

DNiDlnb.png
    Elvenshae
    I feel like that trampling rhino card is pretty on the nose with the MTG reference

forty
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD GLIDE IS SO OP

The Judge
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    if you play N’Zoth and you've had one circus amalgam die do you get 6 circus amalgams back?
    I think the answer is an almost guaranteed "no."

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    glide is in fact an overpowered card but it's in a class with overpowered cards by the truckload and its specific counter-control advantage is not relevant in the meta

3cl1ps3KafkaAUDibbyronzozepherinBeastehYiliasElvenshae
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I think the answer is an almost guaranteed "no."

I suspect it will work like lightfang where it will only be resurrected once for a minion type that isn’t otherwise in the pool.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    fortyElvenshae
    Yilias wrote: »
    Make sure you finish any quests you want done by Tuesday.
    Blizz wrote:
    Please note that when the Progression revamp goes live, all Quests (with the exception of Starter, Returning Player, and Duels Legendary Quests) will reset, so be sure to complete any old Quest you have in your log by November 11!
    I logged in and nothing looks different. I guess things got delayed?

YiliasKafkaAUBeasteh
    Dibby wrote: »
    Did they just reprint a better version of Mad Scientist?!
    I wouldn't really say it's better since it costs 1 more mana than Scientist.

edited November 2020
    New Battlegrounds Hero
    Silas Darkmoon
    Come One, Come All! [Passive]: Darkmoon Tickets are in the Tavern! Get 3 to Discover a minion from your Tavern Tier.
    Random minions in Bob’s Tavern will have Darkmoon Tickets. Buy three of these minions to Discover a minion from your current Tavern Tier.

So... RNGfest in your RNGfest, yo dawg, etc.

forty on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    New Battlegrounds Hero
    Silas Darkmoon
    Come One, Come All! [Passive]: Darkmoon Tickets are in the Tavern! Get 3 to Discover a minion from your Tavern Tier.
    Random minions in Bob’s Tavern will have Darkmoon Tickets. Buy three of these minions to Discover a minion from your current Tavern Tier.

So... RNGfest in your RNGfest, yo dawg, etc.

Really depends on how many tickets there are. If it's like one per reroll, than that is bad. If half the minions have tickets then you will on average get a free discover every 6 minions you buy. That is still not good enough, I think.

Mad Scientist was a Deathrattle, so not an immediate effect. It was a ridiculous play on curve, a bit worse later on.

But also susceptible to silences, Sap, Freezing Trap etc.

Being a Battlecry, despite being 1 mana more, gives it a huge leg-up.

DNiDlnb.png
    AlphagaiaBeasteh
  • AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular

Mad Scientist was a Deathrattle, so not an immediate effect. It was a ridiculous play on curve, a bit worse later on.

Plus with the Shaman Quest you can double the battlecry.

Wait.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    Elvenshaeforty
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

Plus with the Shaman Quest you can double the battlecry.

Wait.
    That would be amazing if shamans had secrets.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    You are ruining it.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    zepherinElvenshaeforty
    Where is this patch at? I'm really eager to compare the new and old quest systems.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    It's live on PC - just updated and am now drowning in quest/achievement screens galore.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    Dibby
    edited November 2020
    EmpQ1uuXEBAsNDv.jpg
    EmpRB2yW8AIFtu8.jpg

Yeah, I can get down with this.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    ElvenshaezepherinTynnanShadowhope
    Actually doesn't look that bad. The paid track is just cosmetics and experience boosters, and all the tangible rewards are in the free track.

Using these rates:
    100 gold = 2/3 tavern ticket = 1 pack = 104 dust
    1 epic = 100 dust
    1 legendary = 400 dust

Under the old system if you did seven sixty-gold dailies per week for eighteen weeks you made 7560 gold which is roughly 7862 dust. If you only did five per week you made 5400 gold which is roughly 5616 dust.

If you do the full track for the new system you get 7 current expansion packs, 9 old expansion packs, 1 epic, 2 legendaries, 4200 gold, and 2 tavern tickets; which converts to roughly 7244 dust.
    Each level past max is another 150 gold, so you break even with the maximum engagement for the old system after four of those.

Barring ridiculous experience requirements to level the track, this is going to be a lot more stuff for people who don't reliably do dailies (I do like 2 a week), and slightly more stuff for minmaxers.
    (Also ignoring the possibility of future tracks being stingier than this one)

Dibby3cl1ps3Tynnan
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

So, how are we all doing on Achievements? I'm at 8105 right now.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    hmmmm so my patch 19.0 download seems to be bugged

it gets to 1.28gb remaining and just... stops

i've been sat for 4 hours trying to figure out how to fix it

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Actually doesn't look that bad. The paid track is just cosmetics and experience boosters, and all the tangible rewards are in the free track.

Using these rates:
    1 epic = 100 dust
    1 legendary = 400 dust

Under the old system if you did seven sixty-gold dailies per week for eighteen weeks you made 7560 gold which is roughly 7862 dust. If you only did five per week you made 5400 gold which is roughly 5616 dust.

If you do the full track for the new system you get 7 current expansion packs, 9 old expansion packs, 1 epic, 2 legendaries, 4200 gold, and 2 tavern tickets; which converts to roughly 7244 dust.
    Each level past max is another 150 gold, so you break even with the maximum engagement for the old system after four of those.

Barring ridiculous experience requirements to level the track, this is going to be a lot more stuff for people who don't reliably do dailies (I do like 2 a week), and slightly more stuff for minmaxers.

That 4200 gold is about 3-4k less gold than I'd have at the start of every expansion. Thats all I care about. This means I'll get 30-40 less packs at the release of every expansion which translates to less dust and cards to play with when the new cards release.

Despite all the cool bells and whistles of the achievements and battle pass, this new system is worse in the only way I care about.

I've got ~8000 gold saved up now for the new expansion. I'll play through this one, then wait and see what the expansion after this upcoming one feels like with only 4k gold to spend on packs. I suspect I wont like it and it will likely lead me to quit.

forty
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    A 4K gold max? That’s a lot lower than I would have guessed.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page

This isn't as big of an issue as you might think. Yes, on turn 10, the new one would be better. But in the early turns, the difference between a 2 mana 2/2 and a 3 mana 2/2 is significant. I will be interested in the eventual Yilias Wild report to see if that thing replaces Mad Scientist in Secret Mage (or any other Wild decks). I'm a bit skeptical.

• HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I've been trying to kick the Heartstone habit and I was hoping that if the new systems no longer allows me to get 40-50 packs with quest gold at the beginning of each expansion that I'd finally be able to quit.

We'll see how this goes.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    EmpQ1uuXEBAsNDv.jpg
    EmpRB2yW8AIFtu8.jpg

Yeah, I can get down with this.

I only had time to play a couple games and poke around for a minute but the new quest system seems... very good?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Dibby
    edited November 2020
    ObiFett wrote: »

Using these rates:
    1 epic = 100 dust
    1 legendary = 400 dust

That 4200 gold is about 3-4k less gold than I'd have at the start of every expansion. Thats all I care about. This means I'll get 30-40 less packs at the release of every expansion which translates to less dust and cards to play with when the new cards release.

Despite all the cool bells and whistles of the achievements and battle pass, this new system is worse in the only way I care about.

I've got ~8000 gold saved up now for the new expansion. I'll play through this one, then wait and see what the expansion after this upcoming one feels like with only 4k gold to spend on packs. I suspect I wont like it and it will likely lead me to quit.
    Thank you.

And the 7 dailies a week play style actually didn't require much play time if you played to complete quests efficiently. We won't know for sure for a while, but I strongly suspect you won't be completing the full reward track playing 2-3 games a day (typically all that was really required for maximum daily engagement).
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    A significant nerf to players of the "knock out my dailies for maximized gold/time" play pattern is actually exactly what I predicted, so, good job me I guess? Yay. :(

Edit: So I guess this is the end of the lucrative "play a friend" quest as well.

forty on

Do we know if players still get a free login legendary when the expansion releases? Because if that's been removed in lieu of the track legendaries, that skews the math more in favor of the old system.

ObiFett wrote: »

Using these rates:
    1 epic = 100 dust
    1 legendary = 400 dust

Thank you.

And the 7 dailies a week play style actually didn't require much play time if you played to complete quests efficiently. We won't know for sure for a while, but I strongly suspect you won't be completing the full reward track playing 2-3 games a day (typically all that was really required for maximum daily engagement).
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    A significant nerf to players of the "knock out my dailies for maximized gold/time" play pattern is actually exactly what I predicted, so, good job me I guess? Yay. :(

Edit: So I guess this is the end of the lucrative "play a friend" quest as well.

On the flip side. Those of us who would knock out daily’s and then go battlegrounds are rewarded.

Yes, the new system is better for Battlegrounds players, since the format was almost completely devoid of rewards until now. Would have been nice if they could have added a reward scheme for playing BGs without kneecapping casual ladder questers.

I imagine streamers who play dozens of games a day will also benefit under the new system, depending on if there's a diminishing returns curve for the endless gold at the end of the track.

zepherinAlphagaiaShadowhope
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just seems to be a hard cap on the “endless” gold.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    What do achievement points do?

forty
  • shergakshergak Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

They give a little bit of xp

Shadowhope wrote: »
    So, how are we all doing on Achievements? I'm at 8105 right now.

7600ish but there's lots of stuff I've done that I don't have credit for, mostly single player content.
    Do we know if players still get a free login legendary when the expansion releases? Because if that's been removed in lieu of the track legendaries, that skews the math more in favor of the old system.

Level 1 of the reward track is a legendary, which has likely replaced the release day legendary.
    zepherin wrote: »

Nothing, they're achievement points. I think most people find them pointless but some people really enjoy that style of account progression and more power to them.

fortyShadowhope