As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    :mad:

Blackjack Stunner did not need a nerf. If Rogue needed a balance pass, not sure BJ Stunner is the place to look. And Hanar died (or was silenced) often at 5 health when dropped on turn 2 or coined out on 1.

Boo those changes. Boo.

It absolutely did.

Sap on a stick is already good enough, but adding the cost increase on it was a bit much. This was well deserved.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    a targeted freezing trap was always one of the worst feelings to play against, getting your shit sapped and losing all that tempo sucks major ass

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Also the fact that it is essentially an Assassinate for cards like Alexstrasza is fuckin' crazy.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    My surprise with blackjack stunner isn’t that it’s getting nerfed from (2) extra mana to (1), it’s that it didn’t get nerfed to just be Sap on a stick. It would still likely get played even in that state, as rogues love playable 1 mana cards like that.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Also the fact that it is essentially an Assassinate for cards like Alexstrasza is fuckin' crazy.

Fuck Alexstrasza. It needs some counters.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    its not an assassinate for alex any more because it just makes them cost 10 so... you can play them... again

10 mana minions are still ruined by it and thats uhhh literally just kalec and the occasional random colossus of the moon

Beasteh on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    its not an assassinate for alex any more because it just makes them cost 10 so... you can play them... again

10 mana minions are still ruined by it and thats uhhh literally just kalec and the occasional random colossus of the moon

Yup, thats why I dislike the change. I'd rather they bumped up BJ's cost to 2 and kept the effect.

• Options

Yes, it's not anymore, after the change goes in. We are talking about the card as it exists now and why a nerf doesn't seem unreasonable.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    imo alexstrasza is the classic legendary most deserving a HoF, long before edwin

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Fuck 'em. Send them both to Wild jail.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I played Maev a couple more times and it was kind of mediocre 4ish. still a strong start just ability doesn’t translate well to end game.

Millhouse though, still a dope choice.

fa3xk3w0ofqc.jpeg

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Played Spell Druid tonight, beat Gala Priest (edit: or maybe Highlander? I don't think I actually noticed any duplicate cards before I exploded him with Savage Roar) and Gala Rogue. Lost to Totem Shaman. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

forty on
  • Options
    Shower thought: the priestess of fury nerf is an indirect priest nerf in the DH matchup since now soul mirror won't leave a 6/1 body with end of turn effect that kills the original

• Options
    edited May 2020
    ObiFett wrote: »

Yup, thats why I dislike the change. I'd rather they bumped up BJ's cost to 2 and kept the effect.

hehehehehe

BJ

:winky:

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Shower thought: the priestess of fury nerf is an indirect priest nerf in the DH matchup since now soul mirror won't leave a 6/1 body with end of turn effect that kills the original
    Assuming DHs still play her afterward. She's still good but I don't know if she'll make the cut.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Assuming DHs still play her afterward. She's still good but I don't know if she'll make the cut.

DHs would stop playing her if her mana cost went up, I think. Losing 2 health isn't a death knell for her.

I mean, I thought DHs would still play Antaen after the nerfs and I was wrong there! 1 extra mana matters a lot. That means the difference between playable and too slow.

Similarly I also thought DHs wouldn't play Battlefiend after the nerf but what do I know

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    God the ranked play is all DH rogue and priest. It’s just a slog.

I got another first in battlegrounds. Just went counter meta on this game. Half the lobby was just demons, and so I rolled menagerie and I got zap with my first toki re-roll at 5. And it was just over then. I also bought and held onto the two maex I found just to keep them out of the pool.

dswd87p1ta1d.jpeg

• Options
    She's still miniRag but she gets removed a lot easier after the nerf. I mean she was already getting replaced in some variations of the deck as it was.

• Options
    it's gonna be fucking wild when they give DH new cards and we have to do this again

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    it's gonna be fucking wild when they give DH new cards and we have to do this again

i mean they're gonna be nerfing the core DH set for the entire next two fucking years

including cards that aren't seeing play right now, even

cause i guarantee you once those slower control cards find a proper home, they will be busted

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    slow control will never exist again

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The new control deck is that priest plague that is walking around, especially with the rogue nerf I expect that shit to be all over the place.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah galakrond priest feels a lot like the prior meta's control warrior, in the sense that you get to use a lot of early game stuff to survive until you can drop the hero card and take'em to valuetown

I don't think it's as good but I also don't have all the parts to play the higher-end lists

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Having played both Galakrond Priest and Highlander Priest, I feel like Highlander Priest is probably the better version all-around. Instead of pure attrition, you have actual threats.

I dunno. It seems to do better all-around, I think. Galakrond Priest maybe feels a bit too narrow at times.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Priestess is Fury can stay exactly the stats and cost it has now, the effect just needs to happen at the start of turn, not the end.

It’s going to be easier to kill now, but the reasons it feels like hot bullshit to have played against you will still be there.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Getting so tired of Demon Hunters, and I'm not 100% convinced that the nerfs early next week are going to be enough to bring it in line.

It's really frustrating watching them misplay but still win by a country mile because their card set is so oppressive in most matches, and there's a lot of stuff in there that feels really frustrating to be on the receiving end of.

Like Mana Burn. Great, they've got ahead and now they've stopped me from using all of my mana to do anything about it.

The Questing Adventurer builds are really irritating with that. I can't tell you the number of times where I had exactly what I needed to counter their board state until they played Mana Burn as their last card and I'm just boned.

But I think in a broader sense my issues stem from the fact that so many of their cards seem to be good at both controlling board and dealing face damage. Altruis and Priestess being the key offenders here.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Holy fucking shit I am so tired of getting fucking highrolled in BGs

Like, I triple on 5, I land a Kalecgos, fucking rad here we go, get some decent Dragons get 3 pumps and then get ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SMASHED in the goddamn dick by some lucker motherfucker with the most ridiculous fucking shit I've ever seen. Like full fucking Rivendare build with two Sneeds and a Ghastcoiler and the rest didn't fucking matter I got fucking hosed.

Not to mention a lot of my runs lately have just been like, get absolute fucking crap from the start of the game up to the 7 gold turn, which like, ya can't reroll during those turns! So you just gotta go with whatever they give you! I guess you can reroll on the 7 gold turn, but then you can't up to 3 and you fall the fuck behind. And it's like, okay 5 gold turn and I have a token to sell and LITERALLY my options are Righteous Protector/Micro Machine/Red Whelp. The fuck.

Or I have a run where I'm doing pretty decent, I've been getting good statted minions, and then I run into someone with a Triple Pogo and some shit from Tier 5 and I get fucking whopped. And it's like OKAY I GUESS THAT'S THAT THEN. No fucking way to play around that shit!

The Kalecgos thing actually happened twice today. And I just threw my hands up and went "I'm done! I'm fucking done."

Yeeeeeeeahhhh. Yeah.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Holy fucking shit I am so tired of getting fucking highrolled in BGs

Like, I triple on 5, I land a Kalecgos, fucking rad here we go, get some decent Dragons get 3 pumps and then get ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SMASHED in the goddamn dick by some lucker motherfucker with the most ridiculous fucking shit I've ever seen. Like full fucking Rivendare build with two Sneeds and a Ghastcoiler and the rest didn't fucking matter I got fucking hosed.

Not to mention a lot of my runs lately have just been like, get absolute fucking crap from the start of the game up to the 7 gold turn, which like, ya can't reroll during those turns! So you just gotta go with whatever they give you! I guess you can reroll on the 7 gold turn, but then you can't up to 3 and you fall the fuck behind. And it's like, okay 5 gold turn and I have a token to sell and LITERALLY my options are Righteous Protector/Micro Machine/Red Whelp. The fuck.

Or I have a run where I'm doing pretty decent, I've been getting good statted minions, and then I run into someone with a Triple Pogo and some shit from Tier 5 and I get fucking whopped. And it's like OKAY I GUESS THAT'S THAT THEN. No fucking way to play around that shit!

The Kalecgos thing actually happened twice today. And I just threw my hands up and went "I'm done! I'm fucking done."

Yeeeeeeeahhhh. Yeah.

Yeah. BG is high rollers galore. And it’s the most fun mode on there. Another reason why I’m waiting for arena on IOS. Late 2020.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    slow control will never exist again

Unless it's control priest, because it sure seems like they don't have to do anything except play convincing infiltrator, all their answers, and resurrection effects.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    rghj4t0578dw.png

Made it to Dad Legend for the first time under the new system using morgan_coke's deck.
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/42451104#Comment_42451104

*puts on khaki shorts*
    *grows a mustache*
    Ahhh, Dad Legend.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Isn’t Dad Legend Diamond 5? Shave that teenage stubble and keep climbing.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Take off those khakis and put on your dad jeans, you've still got more climbing to do!!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    It doesn't get more peak Dad than emnmnme having brief seconds of couch time before being reminded of additional shit to accomplish.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Diamond 10 is where you run out of bonus stars if you got diamond 5 last season. So it’s like pseudo dad legend.

• Options
    Yeah, I think the problem is that Diamond 5 is a significantly bigger climb than the old Rank 5, so it being the new dad legend feels like too much. But then that's where the tantalizing guaranteed epic is, just like the golden epic of the old dad legend...

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Well I guess my honeymoon with Outlands and the new ladder is over. Went from Gold 1 to Gold 4 after a series of losses to a bunch of decks I find really unfun. I just don’t really know what to do against res/galakrond priest. They just have answers to everything. Convincing infiltrator is the card I hate more than any other this cycle. Dealing with two is one thing but because I’m regularly seeing 6/7/8 per priest game, it not only feels impossible but a complete slog.

When I lose to other meta decks I feel like there are certain things I can point to that explain a loss. If I had done X instead of Y, I could have won. Oh the rogue drew the hanar dream and there’s nothing I can do about that. Playing against priest, doesn’t feel like anything I do matters, and there is rarely a situation where they have a bad hand.

Curious to see how things shake out with the new changes. But if the result is even more control priests then I guess I’m finished laddering for the month.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    In theory, transforms like Poly/Hex would be a pretty strong counter to Infiltrator/Res priest. Unfortunately Shaman is bad right now and Highlander Mage could tech in a Poly, but it's going to be unreliable since it's a one-of, and AFAIK no other Mage deck is competitive. Also Highlander Mage is a pretty pricey deck.

You could try running cards that gives your opponent shit to dilute the res pool, but that probably makes you worse in all your other matchups.

I'm also worried that Priest gets stronger after the nerfs, but I imagine there will still be some stuff to keep it in check.

That all said, there are a good number of decks right now with good matchups vs. Priest according to the data. What have you been playing?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I had a whole bunch of duplicates of the nerfed cards (9+ on all of the rares and commons) so I made out like a bandit dust wise from the nerfs.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I foresee this change happening.
    Eh, I don't see it. Sludge Slurper was a mistargeted nerf during a massive Galakrond Shaman overcorrection (with good reason, the deck was out of control). This Sigil Runner nerf is part of a much more reasonable and precise nerf package that isn't likely to see the DH class in ruin like what happened with Shaman.

I will be interested to see if the card gets replaced now that the body is shit. I mean it still cycles and plays well with Altruis, but it won't trade or pressure for shit anymore.

I know some people think nerfs like this don't do anything, but anecdotally, just in the last few days I have lost a couple games to DHs with exact or maybe +1 lethal, and if Sigil Runner had been a 1/1 instead of a 2/1 those games probably would have been wins for me.

forty on