As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    real talk the arcane cannon is also soul juggler but t2

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    despite all the new brokenness don't forget that spawn itself should also not be a tier 2 minion

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    My problem with macaw is that it is basically rivendare, but at tier 2. It makes already strong minions (mostly spawn, but also like goldrinn, hydra) even stronger while making weak minions (like the wolf or shredder which usually were ok picks if you just needed something with fighting power to tide you over to the endgame) even weaker. And so games become more swingy, either you hit top dollar or you flounder.

It really feels like macaw is as meta defining as mackerel was, but it starts at turn 3. It's hard to imagine a scenario where I buy macaw+spawn on turn 3 and then not hit top4.

Macaw's interaction with Goldrinn bringing it back from the dead is fucking horseshit and needs to go asap.

And in case anyone's unaware with what I'm talking about: Macaw smacks into something and kills itself, triggers Goldrinn, and if the resulting buff gives it enough health past 0, it lives.

It's fucking HORSESHIT. That is GARBAGE. Because at that point it definitely gets enough health to get another smack in.

despite all the new brokenness don't forget that spawn itself should also not be a tier 2 minion

Spawn should be deleted from Battlegrounds, straight up. I still stand by this.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I just lost to nat Pagle into golden ghastcoiler into double pirate ship.

I’m......taking a break from BG.

• Options
    EagNeMPXQAIF3Xp.jpg

macaw is fucking gross

what the fuck were they thinking printing this!!!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well originally it was meant to just be a demon hunter card, but

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    EagZsAsXsAQeh0Y.jpg

Lightfang is still one of my favorite comps to run. I never did find a solid Demon to start scaling (I was actually at really high health for the entire lobby so Battlemaster was a no-go, and it was too late by the time I found one anyway) so I made do with double Murlocs instead. Found two Megasaurs off Triples so I slapped on Divine Shield+Taunt. Later found some Toxfins for Poisonous in an attempt to beat the other player in Top 2, but alas, Fatty Dragons was TOO GOOD. My first dig with Eudora gave me Golden Hangry, which discovered The Beast, and the rest was history from there. Beast got too swole for me to pitch at that point for a better one so I just had to stick with it.

Eudora fun though. I guess the idea is to be slamming HP every turn? Even early on?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Reno into gold arcane cannon is easy top 4. Bonus points for combining with soul juggler.

Will it win? No. But given how degenerate things are, consistency is more important than ever.

• Options
    Also, people are now staying on T2 for a long time to farm the macaws, spawns, cannons, etc.

This is not a healthy meta. Late game heroes are not viable at all because you just die before you get there. Blizz really fucked this up.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Eudora fun though. I guess the idea is to be slamming HP every turn? Even early on?

Yep, Eudora is my new favorite hero and I always want token - sell - HP turn 1, buy HP turn 2, level HP turn 3, level HP turn 4. You'll probably be at 25-30 by then but if you get even decent hits you spin things around and start walloping people. In most games you should get one more dig activation, if it goes super long I've sometimes gotten a third.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    So I know I'm kinda slumming at low rating right now since I didn't play a lot of battlegrounds before the patch, but uh...I think both Hooktusk and Eudora are really, really good. How good?

m86riy558bsa.png

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Also, people are now staying on T2 for a long time to farm the macaws, spawns, cannons, etc.

This is not a healthy meta. Late game heroes are not viable at all because you just die before you get there. Blizz really fucked this up.

My hope is that they come out with a balance/adjustment patch in a... somewhat timely manner. Arcane Cannon and Macaw do not belong on T2. Period the end. Arcane Cannon should be T3 and Macaw should HONESTLY be T5 if not T6, but the reality of the situation is that they'll simply bump Macaw up to T3 and pat themselves on the back and call it a job well done and then go radio silent once more.

Macaw is the strongest unit in the entire game. Arcane is the strongest early game unit. Full stop. They really fucked up. They literally just made those changes to T6 to try and make it more enticing to want T6 units (or, god, even level up to T6) and then they did this.

I still can't believe they completely invalidated Mama Bear, a T6 unit, which they previously had to nerf and then subsequently unnerf. Macaw did that!! Macaw killed poor Mama Bear.

edit: nah fuck it changed my mind delete macaw

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »

My hope is that they come out with a balance/adjustment patch in a... somewhat timely manner. Arcane Cannon and Macaw do not belong on T2. Period the end. Arcane Cannon should be T3 and Macaw should HONESTLY be T5 if not T6, but the reality of the situation is that they'll simply bump Macaw up to T3 and pat themselves on the back and call it a job well done and then go radio silent once more.

Macaw is the strongest unit in the entire game. Arcane is the strongest early game unit. Full stop. They really fucked up. They literally just made those changes to T6 to try and make it more enticing to want T6 units (or, god, even level up to T6) and then they did this.

I still can't believe they completely invalidated Mama Bear, a T6 unit, which they previously had to nerf and then subsequently unnerf. Macaw did that!! Macaw killed poor Mama Bear.

edit: nah fuck it changed my mind delete macaw

Delete macaw please and arcane cannon. We need less RNG, not more. Also ghastcoiler should not spit out pirate ship.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Ghastcoiler has always been stupidly high variance and I've never been a fan of its design. Two Mecharoos from this T6 unit? Gee, thanks, that's an autolose.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    lmao, I threw together a quick galakrond shaman bc it hit two of my dailies and I ran into an honest-to-god fatigue shaman

I thought when they used one-cost spells from cobalt spellkin with fist of ra-den to summon the priest legendary to thicken their deck that was cheeky, and then they kindly reminded me Archivist Elyssiana is still a card that exists

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    FUCK HIGHROLLING HIGHLANDER HUNTERS!

• Options
    lmao, I threw together a quick galakrond shaman bc it hit two of my dailies and I ran into an honest-to-god fatigue shaman

I thought when they used one-cost spells from cobalt spellkin with fist of ra-den to summon the priest legendary to thicken their deck that was cheeky, and then they kindly reminded me Archivist Elyssiana is still a card that exists

i stole a galakrond shaman's fist of raden (well, copied) with Murozond and did u kno: it summons a minion AFTER plague of death goes off, not before? free board clear plus an 8/8 on board is pretty good

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    i did in fact know that because it said after :B

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    It started shortly before the patch, but I cannot win BG any more. I was at about 7k, now I'm down to 6.5k, and I can count on one hand the times I've hit top 3. I just collapse mid-game.

It's unfun to feel like you have no chance at all.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    In what is the most surprising turn of event I made legend today, in STANDARD. Maybe all the good players are playing battlegrounds. I've never made legend with a slow deck before.

I had made diamond 5 last week off highlander hunter and resigned myself to this being the ceiling this month. So the last couple of days I've been playing Reno mage just to have some fun and for some odd reason I kept winning. I made misplays and still won. I had outrageously good RNG off box and alexstraza. So quietly I snuck into diamond one star and last boss was a priest who didn't expect a pyroblast when he was on 9 health!

8iuo7l2clucb.jpg

My reno mage is a bit more spell heavy than typical. I also teched in counterspell and polymorph to deal with the slower meta. Both were very valuable against priests especially. Most losses were to aggressive face hunters or DHs.

### Reno
    # Class: Mage
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 1x (1) Arcane Breath
    # 1x (1) Learn Draconic
    # 1x (2) Ancient Mysteries
    # 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
    # 1x (2) Frostbolt
    # 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
    # 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
    # 1x (3) Counterspell
    # 1x (3) Flame Ward
    # 1x (3) Ice Barrier
    # 1x (3) Overconfident Orc
    # 1x (4) Bone Wraith
    # 1x (4) Fireball
    # 1x (4) Polymorph
    # 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
    # 1x (5) Malygos, Aspect of Magic
    # 1x (5) Rolling Fireball
    # 1x (5) Ruststeed Raider
    # 1x (6) Blizzard
    # 1x (6) Dragoncaster
    # 1x (6) Reno the Relicologist
    # 1x (7) Siamat
    # 1x (8) Deep Freeze
    # 1x (8) Power of Creation
    # 1x (9) Alexstrasza
    # 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
    # 1x (10) Kalecgos
    # 1x (10) Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
    # 1x (10) Pyroblast
    # 1x (10) The Amazing Reno
    #
    AAECAf0EHk1xuwLJA6sExQTtBJYFvwigmwOKngPCoQP8owOSpAO/pAPypQOEpwP0qwP6rAPsrwPwrwPxrwPnsAORsQOMtgPhtgONuwPcvgPmvgPexAMAAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

envoy1 on
  • Options

I've literally never played Fist of Raden in my life OKAY THAT'S A NEW CARD OKAY

(I thought it'd be like Atiesh which summons before?? Okay??????? I'm not good at reading??? OKAY????)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    It started shortly before the patch, but I cannot win BG any more. I was at about 7k, now I'm down to 6.5k, and I can count on one hand the times I've hit top 3. I just collapse mid-game.

It's unfun to feel like you have no chance at all.

BG after patch changed a lot. It used to be that you could expect to get to late game for everything but murlocs, but now you die a lot earlier. I think you gotta play more midgame focused.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Because Hearthstone wording is very consistent.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    "After a spell" might be the only consistent wording in the game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It's probably different in other brackets, but everyone winning in my games at ~8.3k is forcing level 4 early and snowballing from there. I think macaw/spawn is just too contested so you can't gold any of them (unless you're rafaam) which makes your midgame a lot weaker. And I personally do a lot better when focusing on leveling aggressively.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    0t6kbhds4nzq.png

Ended up winning a game with this weird menagerie build. Took an early level to 5, got two lightfangs and went from there, losing a lot till I stabilized. Having a lot of fun with the new patch. It's been fun so far, even if it can be RNG heavy.

• Options
    Illidan is low-key ok now since attacking first matters. He’s not great but performs better than most of the non-broken heroes.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Neat, I just got the Rogue secret-multiplying dude. What's a good deck with him that doesn't have Togwaggle or Van Cleef?

• Options
    Oh shit, be sure to free up space in your quest log tonight. I think we get an extra event quest this Tuesday.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    It's probably different in other brackets, but everyone winning in my games at ~8.3k is forcing level 4 early and snowballing from there. I think macaw/spawn is just too contested so you can't gold any of them (unless you're rafaam) which makes your midgame a lot weaker. And I personally do a lot better when focusing on leveling aggressively.

I'm a little lower than you at ~7.3k, but while it is also true for me that everyone winning the lobby is forcing 4 early and snowballing from there, in my lobbies half the lobby is doing that. Three of them finish 6-8 because they die to midgame builds, and the one guy hits it quick enough to win the endgame. I've been doing better once I stopped being one of those four and starting being the guy who eats those guys before they get big.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    there's GOLD in them hills!!!

qoiljsmye0sr.png

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Hogger with Edwin in battlegrounds is filthy.

Especially when murlocs are banned so nobody is running poison. Maexxna doesn't really count since its T6.

Just yet more brokenness with the new additions.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    If there is ever a perfect time to nerf macaw it's now, because I don't think I can top this game. It was exactly like I said last page: On 5 gold I bought Macaw + Spawn. On 6 gold I bought macaw + Spawn again. I did lose most early rounds because I had so few minions (no token start etc) but then the Eudora hero power gave me golden Goldgrubber. And I discovered Baron with it. And then I tripled the Macaws and discovered Goldrinn. It was so filthy after that, people were emoting me every round.

jpfbj3upou6p.png

Grobian on
  • Options
    @Grobian those are war crimes you just committed

War crimes

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    So, uh, I had a weird dream last night...

Edit: In case anyone wanted to know the card I designed...

ksh9ar53x0ap.png

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    If there is ever a perfect time to nerf macaw it's now, because I don't think I can top this game. It was exactly like I said last page: On 5 gold I bought Macaw + Spawn. On 6 gold I bought macaw + Spawn again. I did lose most early rounds because I had so few minions (no token start etc) but then the Eudora hero power gave me golden Goldgrubber. And I discovered Baron with it. And then I tripled the Macaws and discovered Goldrinn. It was so filthy after that, people were emoting me every round.

jpfbj3upou6p.png

Watched Trump do something similar yesterday.

https://youtu.be/TrRS4gIoyHc
    Jump to 16:00 for the horror

That bird needs a nerf. 😀

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Was just about to post that shit was unreal

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Hogger with Edwin in battlegrounds is filthy.

Especially when murlocs are banned so nobody is running poison. Maexxna doesn't really count since its T6.

Just yet more brokenness with the new additions.

Millhouse + Hogger is also ridiculous. I won easily despite wasting like ten gold over the last two rounds because I play mobile and couldn't go fast enough.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

jpfbj3upou6p.png

Watched Trump do something similar yesterday.

https://youtu.be/TrRS4gIoyHc
    Jump to 16:00 for the horror

That bird needs a nerf. 😀

The most consistent version might be with illidan since he can guarantee two macaw triggers every fight. Yes, I lost to that a couple days ago. Still got second but it was so freaking broken.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    That odds calculator they all use would be a lot more interesting if it gave damage distribution instead of win/loss chance.

Sic transit gloria mundi.