[FFBE War of the Visions] Tactics + Gacha = Profit?

13»

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Has anyone gotten Miranda? Was wondering how she plays.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
  • MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    I have her but haven't used her. Too many units that I am already trying to make useful.

edited May 24
    I have her but haven't used her. Too many units that I am already trying to make useful.

Yeah, as much as I'd like to get new units, I thinking of spending to get those special upgrade chests that have a rainbow shard and stone, to get a couple units another awakening.

Edit: Oof, didn't realize it was paid Visiore, not gonna do that!

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited May 24
    I've put way more Visiore than I want to into getting her, with no luck. I don't even want to use her (the Rainbow fragment bottleneck is real), I just want her so I can check out her character model and animations in the formation screen.

Edit: Apparently her auto AI is super broken. She straight up will NOT cast buffs on auto.

Delzhand on
    Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    chrono_travellerKalnaur
    Sounds like the opposite of Helena Leonis. Mine only casts buffs and never tries combat magic.

Kalnaur
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Yeah the "AI" in this game is straight out of a RvB bit.

steam_sig.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    You know what, I think I'm done with this game. I love the aesthetic and the appeal to FFT fans, but the game just... isn't very good.

I like FFT for the gameplay and the slow burn AFK action here just doesn't work for me.

Someone on reddit posted a thread about how getting a new unit doesn't feel good because of all the bottlenecks, and I think that's exactly it. You can't afford to build a varied and diverse team, and even if you're a whale it's gonna take ages of auto-farming.

Like, even if I get Miranda now, she's gonna be stuck at level 50 or 60 forever while I get 2 shards a day from her character quest? That sucks.

Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
    Maijinamuro
    The slow burn is definitely jarring. I hope that they'll make rainbow shards/orbs more frequent in the somewhat near future, because the bottle neck there seems really too tight. Like right now, I have 3 characters (Ramza, Gaffgarion, and Yerma) that are all just waiting for the rainbows to awaken further, and it is kinda frustrating.

For games like this, it is a rather fine line to walk between (for me at least) the feeling of accomplishment of working awhile to build up a character vs. the gratification that a maxed out character gives.

It was nice change of pace that I actually had to work on getting all the missions for that hard difficulty level to get that shard (couldn't just afk through it!)

I'm still playing, but I am finding myself drawn to other games more and more.

KalnaurMaijinamuro
    Yeah, same feeling. I pulled an Ayaka today and all I could think is "Great another unit I won't be able to level."

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited May 27
    WoTV is perfect whale bait. Units take forever to level...unless you spend. New, enticing, more powerful units come out faster than you can level them...unless you spend. Even auto-farming can be sped up...if you spend. Not to mention banners that can only be pulled on with paid currency.

It's currently a pretty predatory formula that either pushes you to spend, play casually, or quit. Add to that a big focus in PvP and you've got one big perfect storm aimed at people with addictive personalities.

Maybe it'll get better in the future? I know in FFBE it got easier to level/enhance/whatever your units, but I also don't remember it ever being as ridiculous as WoTV is.

Cruor on