As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Almost (?) a year after I ordered it, IT HAS ARRIVED!

ES

CA

FLOW

NE

*horns*

*more horns*

*even more horns*

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    The Escaflowne is nice but it still feels years behind what Bandai puts out at an equivalent price point

I’m hoping the Patlabor kits out next year will be better, but a lot of it is that those parts just don’t like to fit together sometimes on the Esca which is just mind blowing to me for a model kit that came out just this year

That or I’ve been spoiled by Bandai kits compared to the rest fo the market

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    My first kit in ages!!! It looks so beautiful and I can't wait to build it.
    CupNoodle_Kit.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    The Escaflowne is nice but it still feels years behind what Bandai puts out at an equivalent price point

I’m hoping the Patlabor kits out next year will be better, but a lot of it is that those parts just don’t like to fit together sometimes on the Esca which is just mind blowing to me for a model kit that came out just this year

That or I’ve been spoiled by Bandai kits compared to the rest fo the market

Agreed. Several parts of my Escaflowne kit did not want to fit together right. I had to shave parts down, use thin cement, and a lot of patience. It ended up working out, but Bandai kits have spoiled me.

But you better believe I'm buying the Scherazade kit they teased like 6 months ago.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Elaro wrote: »
    Almost (?) a year after I ordered it, IT HAS ARRIVED!

ES

CA

FLOW

NE

*horns*

*more horns*

*even more horns*

My favorite version is the Black Escaflowne theme from the film (where the mecha are biopunk instead of steampunk).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtNAgfEG1Vo

I mean, all the Escaflowne soundtracks are fantastic, but that's my favorite of the handful of songs that have the title chanting.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I vastly prefer biopunk to steampunk gimme the movie version

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I liked the tv show more, but the movie is a very different story from the series that could've been really interesting with a longer run time to better flesh things out. It also has some amazing music to add to the Escaflowne collection. Other favorites from the film score:

Horse Ride (I love the fanfare/moody fade out/triumphant return sequence starting at 45 seconds and running to the end)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYi_hwUqnrI

Into Gaea (especially the transition from soothing heavenly choir to conflict & danger starting at 1:20 onward)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2nriKVqaGk

and Who Will Save and Final Vision, which you kind of need to listen to back-to-back (like Led Zeppelin's Heartbreaker and Living Loving Maid):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieqxh1p9hjs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4HmH4Vko5o

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    My first kit in ages!!! It looks so beautiful and I can't wait to build it.
    CupNoodle_Kit.jpg
    Twinsies!
    8HFY0Bwl.jpg

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Hmm, my P-Bandai order appears to have missed the left turn into Michigan.

It went through Ohio and wound up in the middle of Pennsylvania.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Well fed ex didn't lose my package this time but it has sat at their distro center for 3 days now. Being loaded on and off a truck repeatedly.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I've updated my orders not to include my PO Box. You'd think Bandai would like, not allow you to just put in a PO Box as your address if their shipping methods don't allow for PO Box delivery.

• Options
    You, ignorant and foolish: Model kits are just a fun diversion, they don't teach you anything and will probably rot your brain.

Me, a wise initiate into life's true nature:
    KZVA6c4l.jpg
    rHFxZTgl.jpg

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Oh sure, but whenever I wake up and the ceiling is spinning, and call Cup Noodle to tell them about my big ideas, they're all "sir you just had way too much to drink and your ideas are terrible" and you don't see me telling folk about it.

IronKnuckle's Ghost on
  • Options
    Well, do your ideas lead to beautiful and appetizing final results?

• Options
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So now the mobile suits have their own mobile suits?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    FedEx says they delivered my Ball yesterday. They did in no way deliver my Ball to my home yesterday.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    FedEx says they delivered my Ball yesterday. They did in no way deliver my Ball to my home yesterday.

They dumped mine at a random house like 3 miles from mine!

Luckily the person that lived there was cool and got ahold of me so I could pick it up.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I built a thing

qbmma2zy00m4.jpg

It is a marking plus ver. kit so there are some waterslides but Koto doesn't give you a guide just some pictures to copy from so I am going to be lazy. Plus I already got enough waterslides in my backlog.

22k41gn984eb.jpg

But since I am lazy I started on TR-1 [Haze'n-thley] instead.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm waiting on my Saix, but I believe my supplier is waiting until the other thing I ordered comes in, in order to combine shipping, Which is fine, My backlog is big enough as is. I gotta keep my eye out for a reissue of the Irvine though - all that extra chrome armor. :D

Also, this is a thing that exists:

2uajs058vewp.png

I'm not a keychain guy. But MAN, I am tempted, and I wouldn't be upset if it showed up for Christmas. I don't participate in Secret Santa stuff usually, so it's unlikely...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options

see also neo zeong

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Most mobile armor that weren't built by Zeon are crewed by a seperate mobile suit honestly, even from AU shows.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options

see also neo zeong

And Narrative Gundam A-Packs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

see also neo zeong

And Narrative Gundam A-Packs.

And Full Armor Gundam Thunderbolt. And Full Armor Zeta Zeta. And...

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    No pictures yet but I just painted the shoulder armor pieces from the Koto Expansion Armor Type-B set. Grey primer followed by two layers of pearl metallic and a gloss clear coat.

This is super shiny silvery armor and I love it. Now I just need literally everything else for this planned build.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I hope you folks don't mind me just posting a link to the Instagram post I made about my latest finished ikit:

• Options
    instagram posts embed pretty nicely on here

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    BIG

GUN

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    That big gun is the Hyper Mega Launcher, which is an incredible name TBH...

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That's gorgeous and gives me my much-beloved Macross vibes, what is it?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    it's a color variant of the zeta gundam I believe

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I can't recall what (or rather, for whom) the color scheme is, but it looks like a standard issue Zeta Gundam parts-wise.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Zeta Gundam 3A.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    basically, amuro ray's custom zeta gundam

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    basically, amuro ray's custom zeta gundam

Correct. Zeta Unit III.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Whelp. I'm officially out of external excuses.

RexSyeuh.jpg?1

They say not to use rechargables. I wonder why...

Edit: OH DAMN I JUST REALIZED WHY THIS KIT IS SO EXPENSIVE!!!!

IT COMES WITH A PARTS SEPARATOR!!!!!!! *AIRHORN NOISES*

E5F7wIqh.jpg

Athenor on
  • Options
    Looks like everything is working properly!

MW6DFn8h.jpg

Though I am a bit sad. It doesn't do any cool pulsing effects, like waves of energy pulsing around it or not. It does seem to pulse brighter and darker over time, and maybe it's just more subtle than I am noticing. But I do like that the head has both a regular LED and a UV LED, so that it can illuminate the eyes separately from the psycho frame.

Lx9jAf4h.jpg

• Options
    NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    Can't wait to see the finished product. If you feel like posting it, that is.

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
This discussion has been closed.