Don't let anyone within six feet of you(tube)

2456735

Posts

  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... That's not a Bike lock...


    THIS. IS A BIKE LOCK.


    I'm unsure how you'd actually use this thing. It looks too big to fit through a bike wheel and most bike racks I encounter only hold the bikes in place by the front wheel.

    Switch: SW-6132-4331-5349 || Steam
    Athenor
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... That's not a Bike lock...


    THIS. IS A BIKE LOCK.


    I'm unsure how you'd actually use this thing. It looks too big to fit through a bike wheel and most bike racks I encounter only hold the bikes in place by the front wheel.

    Frontwheel locking racks are kinda out of date and most new bicycle parking spaces have a design so that you can lock directly onto the frame. That lock is meant for those.

    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... That's not a Bike lock...


    THIS. IS A BIKE LOCK.


    I'm unsure how you'd actually use this thing. It looks too big to fit through a bike wheel and most bike racks I encounter only hold the bikes in place by the front wheel.

    never ever secure your bike by the front wheel.

    It is almost always super easy to remove the front wheel and if someone gets away with a bike frame and a back wheel they'll be more than happy to shell out for the cheap front wheel replacement.

    ALWAYS secure your bike with a D lock that threads through the FRAME of the bike. If you can get it though the frame and the back wheel then all the better. Back wheels are much more valuable than front wheels.

    Fiendishrabbitchrishallett83TheStigFencingsaxPaperLuigi44DouglasDangerBrainleechMidniteDuke 2.0
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

    Tonkka
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... That's not a Bike lock...


    THIS. IS A BIKE LOCK.


    I'm unsure how you'd actually use this thing. It looks too big to fit through a bike wheel and most bike racks I encounter only hold the bikes in place by the front wheel.

    never ever secure your bike by the front wheel.

    It is almost always super easy to remove the front wheel and if someone gets away with a bike frame and a back wheel they'll be more than happy to shell out for the cheap front wheel replacement.

    ALWAYS secure your bike with a D lock that threads through the FRAME of the bike. If you can get it though the frame and the back wheel then all the better. Back wheels are much more valuable than front wheels.

    There is also a chain version of that Kryptonite Fuhgeddaboudit lock, if you use the D-lock to a pole around the frame, and put the chain through both wheels, the frame, and around the post, any bike thief is going to walk straight past your bike because it's just too much fucking hassle.

    #pipeTheStigShortyDuke 2.0
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Yeah, actual big hardened steel chains made for locking bikes, and not home depot chains are great because they are hard to hold in place when attacking with an angle grinder. They're better than U locks but heavier and expensive, and a hassle to carry.

    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
    RIP Sam Lloyd

    tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
    cB557Quantum TigerSnicketysnickJohnny ChopsockyXehalusmiscellaneousinsanityMidniteGoose!Lord_Asmodeus
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »


    A new, official performance of The Real Folk Blues with a whole bunch of folks contributing to it, and all proceeds from purchase of the song are going to the CDC Foundation and Doctors Without Borders.

    Goddamn chills, wow.

    Yoko Kanno just looks like she's such a badass.

    Also for the nerds out there who spent a lot of time listening to Yoko Kanno soundtracks back in the day...

    Remember how a lot of the female vocals in her soundtracks are credited to "Gabriela Robin?"

    That's Yoko Kanno singing!


    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    TankHammerJayKaosPeas
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2
    DarkPrimus wrote: »


    A new, official performance of The Real Folk Blues with a whole bunch of folks contributing to it, and all proceeds from purchase of the song are going to the CDC Foundation and Doctors Without Borders.

    I popped when Substantial showed up, part of some real good tracks with Nujabes



    Crippl3 on
    PeasXehalus
  • GlalGlal Registered User regular

    DouglasDangerHeadCreeps
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited May 2

    PaperLuigi44 on
    - Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
    PwnanObrienPeasRMS OceanicHeadCreepsTonkka
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Yeah, actual big hardened steel chains made for locking bikes, and not home depot chains are great because they are hard to hold in place when attacking with an angle grinder. They're better than U locks but heavier and expensive, and a hassle to carry.

    I will just hang the u lock from the handle bars when i go out riding

  • ElaroElaro Mister No Fun AllowedRegistered User regular
    edited May 2
    This should not work as well as it does:

    (Spoilers for End of Evangelion)

    Elaro on
    My ongoing quest to ask Larlar if he's a good source of Malarlarkey: FOILED AT THE FINAL HOUR
    FiendishrabbitThatDudeOverThereAzraithMei HikariWhiteZinfandelTonkkaKruiteDelzhandCristovalOlivaw
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What you want to do is fill the frame of your bicycle with tannerite then when someone tries to steal your bicycle you draw your sidearm and shoot the bicycle

    Quantum TigerCrippl3WeX Majors
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Catching up on old vids and
    1e4v41c5b4ri.png
    Just let me die

    t1iylq0d7o1p.png
    BahamutZEROPwnanObrienMagellMidniteOlivaw
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular
    Eyy, it's the Falun Gong peeps.

    DarkPrimus
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

    25Mj5br.png
    cB557DiarmuidfacetiousDuke 2.0Elbasunu
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Actually watching that video, believing that the number of reported confirmed cases of covid in India and Brazil has literally any relationship to the number of actual cases is hilariously wrong. I know he knows that Modi and Bolsonaro are even worse than Trump, come on. Although the rest of the video is good, the constant refrain that everyone is just too fucking stupid is frustrating.

    t1iylq0d7o1p.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

    RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    DHSCrippl3Ms DapperMagellStiltsBlankZoe
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

    ThatDudeOverThereGlal
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Catching up on old vids and
    1e4v41c5b4ri.png
    Just let me die

    I know someone who keeps posting stories from Epoch Times. The combo of his growing-farther-right conservatism and his absolute, deep-seated hatred of the Chinese Government makes him just the perfect mark, and I don’t have the emotional or mental energy to push back. I hate all of it.

  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

    25Mj5br.png
    XehalusCrippl3GlalfacetiousWhittledownAzraithStiltsNebulousQ
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I kind of can't get over how much the Japanese X-Men intro slaps

    5FEdw1A.png
    GlalDarkPrimusWhiteZinfandelLord_AsmodeusOlivaw
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited May 2
    Mio Honda - Step/Junbi Ok Live 4:21

    Peas on
    5myiokloks5d.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Catching up on old vids and
    1e4v41c5b4ri.png
    Just let me die

    I know someone who keeps posting stories from Epoch Times. The combo of his growing-farther-right conservatism and his absolute, deep-seated hatred of the Chinese Government makes him just the perfect mark, and I don’t have the emotional or mental energy to push back. I hate all of it.

    If I had a genie with reality altering powers my first wish would be for all false claims to be debunkable with about 1/100th the effort it took to make said false claim.

    Also knowingly making a false claim would cause intense pain in your groin.

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    GvzbgulKnight_FencingsaxN1tSt4lkerMidniteGlalDee Kaechrishallett83Lord_AsmodeusOlivaw
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Catching up on old vids and
    1e4v41c5b4ri.png
    Just let me die

    I know someone who keeps posting stories from Epoch Times. The combo of his growing-farther-right conservatism and his absolute, deep-seated hatred of the Chinese Government makes him just the perfect mark, and I don’t have the emotional or mental energy to push back. I hate all of it.

    If I had a genie with reality altering powers my first wish would be for all false claims to be debunkable with about 1/100th the effort it took to make said false claim.

    Also knowingly making a false claim would cause intense pain in your groin.

    ... what would be the barrier of entry for "false claim"? Because sometimes, I'll admit, I was not "just about to call" someone about that thing they wanted me to do when they ask me about it.

    steam_sig.png
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Catching up on old vids and
    1e4v41c5b4ri.png
    Just let me die

    I know someone who keeps posting stories from Epoch Times. The combo of his growing-farther-right conservatism and his absolute, deep-seated hatred of the Chinese Government makes him just the perfect mark, and I don’t have the emotional or mental energy to push back. I hate all of it.

    If I had a genie with reality altering powers my first wish would be for all false claims to be debunkable with about 1/100th the effort it took to make said false claim.

    Also knowingly making a false claim would cause intense pain in your groin.

    ... what would be the barrier of entry for "false claim"? Because sometimes, I'll admit, I was not "just about to call" someone about that thing they wanted me to do when they ask me about it.

    THE EIGHTH CIRCLE OF HELL IS FOR LIARS, CUR

    VQqUwhO.png
    HobnailFencingsaxN1tSt4lkerKharnor
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    a friend of mine is creating a web series inspired by Twin Peaks and Space Ghost Coast To Coast, it's called Obsidian National Forest

    it's really cute and there's a lesbian bird couple

    BahamutZEROPaperLuigi44Quantum TigerFencingsaxMNC DoverStiltsGlalBlankZoeDiplominatorDelzhandLord_AsmodeusNetscapeOlivawHappy Little Machine
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    I think what sucks the most about the epoch times is that it discredits by association a lot of very real and serious allegations against the Chinese government, i.e. the fact that they harvest organs of political dissidents

    #pipeHeadCreepsN1tSt4lkerMidniteDuke 2.0chrishallett83Lord_AsmodeusNetscapeOlivaw
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    More talking birb. Boop boop.

    AzraithAJRGlalWiseManTobesLord_AsmodeusNetscapeOlivaw
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps Easy Breezy Registered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Catching up on old vids and
    1e4v41c5b4ri.png
    Just let me die

    I know someone who keeps posting stories from Epoch Times. The combo of his growing-farther-right conservatism and his absolute, deep-seated hatred of the Chinese Government makes him just the perfect mark, and I don’t have the emotional or mental energy to push back. I hate all of it.

    I had an Epoch Times shoved into my mailbox a couple of weeks ago. I had never heard of it before and, even though the alarm bells were immediately set off, hoo boy was I in for a treat!

    WTaCClT.png?1
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: SkinnerSweet
    Crippl3Lord_Asmodeus
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I think what sucks the most about the epoch times is that it discredits by association a lot of very real and serious allegations against the Chinese government, i.e. the fact that they harvest organs of political dissidents

    Even without that stuff if you try and tell the average unit about detainee organ harvesting you will sound like a total fucking maniac

    FencingsaxShortyMagellOlivaw
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    The thing about Falun Gong is that they can be a batshit crazy cult with dangerous views and also be suffering atrocities committed on them by the government.

    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    cB557FencingsaxCentipede DamascusKanaGvzbgulN1tSt4lkerSorceShorty#pipeMidniteMagellJayKaosDuke 2.0HobnailLabelWeedLordVegetaMNC DoverNeveronAngelHedgiechrishallett83Lord_AsmodeusNetscapeOlivawshrykeSpoitMortal Sky
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

    Little bit of background from the comments:

    Tony Allen passed away a few days ago. He was a friend and frequent collaborator with Damon Albarn (the guy who does the music for the Gorillaz project).

    According to a comment that Gorillaz liked (paraphrased):

    2D is heartbroken.
    Noodle recognizes that Tony has reached the beyond and enlightenment
    Russel is super respectful/admiring Tony's drums
    And Murdoc is raising a glass to Tony.

    Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
Sign In or Register to comment.