As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't let anyone within six feet of you(tube)

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Didn't she quit a few years back?

She could have just gone the Game Grumps route of quietly hiding her racist videos but she didnt so kudos.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Didn't she quit a few years back?

She could have just gone the Game Grumps route of quietly hiding her racist videos but she didnt so kudos.

They didn't make a big announcement about deleting the vids, but they did issue a big public apology that came with a $20K donation to various BLM related charities.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I don't want the YouTube app bothering me, so now the YouTube app is bothering me every other time I open it to turn on notifications. Love it

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I got this as yesterday when opening YouTube, which pisses me off for several reasons. Chiefly, I refused to click the "try it free" button.

It took me way too long to spot the close button.

1bvnwdstpax2.png

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I got this as yesterday when opening YouTube, which pisses me off for several reasons. Chiefly, I refused to click the "try it free" button.

It took me way too long to spot the close button.

1bvnwdstpax2.png

Yea that a shitty one.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Is the close button visible there?

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Is the close button visible there?

yes

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    oh that is a son of a bit of an x

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Sure is great when YouTube randomly turns auto play back on without signing out or clearing cookies. Happened on PC and Roku app so far.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    That dismiss button should be an ADA violation, that's ridiculous.

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I still haven’t found it and I think it may be driving me actually crazy.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    The X is not even visible on one of my older monitors.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »

There is an extremely faint white X near the upper right corner. Height-wise it's pretty much exactly between the YouTubeTV line and the HBOmax line, but much further over to the right.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah I've got two monitors and a TV connected to my PC, and it's baaarely noticeable on two of them, and on the third I never would have seen it if I didn't already know where it was

that shit should be illegal

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »

There is an extremely faint white X near the upper right corner. Height-wise it's pretty much exactly between the YouTubeTV line and the HBOmax line, but much further over to the right.

basically over the n in 'begins'

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    For a moment there I thought I might have been the X in HBO MAX, which would have been next level asshole.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    at this point, I don't think there's any advertising which doesn't produce the opposite of the desired effect in me

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Cranked the midtone levels all the way over to make it easily visible.

cagsqoiztljv.jpg

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    is it weird that i started to click the x as soon as i saw it?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    For a moment there I thought I might have been the X in HBO MAX, which would have been next level asshole.

Don’t give them ideas!

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Cranked the midtone levels all the way over to make it easily visible.

cagsqoiztljv.jpg

Motherfuckers. Not only was it invisible to me, but it wasn't even in a location where you expect a close ad button to be.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Fuck, that's evil.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Adobe did much the same when I unsubscribed to their PDF reader. I ended up paying an extra month because the confirm button was light grey text on white and the rest of the page was ambiguously worded. Sure cured me of the desire to ever pay for an Adobe product again.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Adobe left a bad taste in my mouth when they got their guy to tell me that would be a penalty fee for canceling my plan early. I was less than 1 day away from the next renewal. They waived the fee when I pointed that out but I am pretty sure they have the information right in front of their monitor. It's also really annoying that I have to actually go through customer service to cancel my subscription.

Peas on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Cats playing water-tray Frogger.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doTL-2nAX3c

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    H. Jon Benjamin is a national treasure!

https://youtu.be/YHvCVqnyfwI

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I could listen to John Stewart all day long. He should have a show or something. :biggrin:

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Wow! Yeah, that didn’t end the way I thought it would. WTF is Roseanne on?

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I could listen to John Stewart all day long. He should have a show or something. :biggrin:

I was a big fan of John Stewart and Stephen Colbert, then I swung to criticizing them from a leftist perspective, like these two rich white liberals teasing conservatives probably gave millions of people the idea that the modern GOP during the Bush years were a bunch of lovable idiots, and that probably lead to Trump,

But that's a pretty good video, I think

I bet most of the people I know, at least, are clueless about just how much Black Americans have been excluded from things like the new deal and the post ww2 gi bill, or comparing white poverty to Black poverty

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

*facepalm*

For those who don't want to watch the video, here's it in 3 seconds:
    I'm gonna say something
    No one listens to me
    I'm tired of being monitored
    I believe
    Trump is the first woman President of the United States/

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Even from the most fathomless hadal depths of celebrity hell Roseanne still stabs at me, nothing will stop Roseanne from being in front of my eyes and brains

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

too much of something or not enough of something else

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    See now I want to hear her explain why she thinks that

fuck

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Why do you want that

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
This discussion has been closed.