As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]camp

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I haven't bought a sports game since MLB the Show on my PS3.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    All the smart delivery stuff is nice

• Options
    oh shit

Vampire 2

• Options
    DANCING VAMPIRES!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Decided to take a long lunch break and go engage in retail therapy

Bought amaretto, coffee liqueur, bread, crumpets, mushrooms, smoked tofu, fresh basil, potato waffles, wine, chick peas, crisps and sriracha

All set up for a long weekend of booze and pesto with carbs

It's fine we'll all be back in beer gardens on Monday. Everything is fine.

Any garden can be a beer garden if you have beer

(I don't have beer)

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Man, imagine if all this power wasn't put into realism, but instead into some fun cartoony stuff. :)

Edit: I wrote this before whatever this anime-esque stuff came on.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I was all into this then it went into super anime and totally lost me

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Told my son his waffles were ready and this is what showed up a moment later:

9hhr05zp3bdy.jpg

Your son is v handsome

I want to pet him

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Next gen xbox port of Yakuza NICE

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm watching that Xbox stream and taking nothing away from the games themselves the titles just happens to be what a TV writer would name fictive games.

Scorn
    The Ascent
    The Medium
    Chorvs

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    I can't get over how nice I think the industrial design of the actual console is. It's so nice.

• Options
    Yakuza:Like a Dragon will be on PC.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Goddamn Yakuza: Like A Dragon looks insane. Like I really want to play it.

Also, like 9-10 of these games all featured guns. I know FPS's show off new consoles, but what a stereotype!

Edit: Ummm... any actual gameplay?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Man thats was a bad move Ubisoft I didnt expect much but that was even worse.

• Options

Why are we disappointed? I can't have audio so I can only see these white dudes spit game but not hear the game.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Aren’t all Xbox Series X games going to be on PC?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Is it just me or does the new generation of consoles seem to be weirdly... unhype?

Like, okay. The PS5 and Xbox X are coming. Cool.

It just seems like the smallest jump of any console generation yet.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Burnage wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the new generation of consoles seem to be weirdly... unhype?

Technically isn’t it a huge jump compared to PS3 to PS4, 360 to One, in terms or console power?

Zavian on
  • Options

After the PS3/Xbox 360 generation lasted nearly a decade, both companies decided to move to an iterative console model, instead of a revolutionary one. This makes sense given the costs involved in chasing the dragon these days. But the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X both kind of deflated these.

• Options
    Pretty sure somebody's eating on this conference call

• Options
    The "Optimixed for Series X" logo makes it seem like this is the Xbox 9.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

is it rude to start muting people randomly until you can figure out who it is?

• Options

I'm wildly excited about the PS5 personally.

Imagine a PS Store that loads on the first try!! Imagine a menu system that doesn't lag!!!!!

• Options
    Oh God. Troy Baker and Nolan North as the selling points for Dirt 5. >.<

• Options
    Honk wrote: »

Imagine a PS Store that loads on the first try!! Imagine a menu system that doesn't lag!!!!!

I just want Dad of War 2 and Spidey 2 dammit

• Options

Why are we disappointed? I can't have audio so I can only see these white dudes spit game but not hear the game.

It was a bunch of quick shots form in game cutscenes, there was zero real game play not even anything that could be mistaken as much.

Like its not the way you put a cap on a showing.

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

I have no clue at all.

If so that is great and saves me from buying one and I can just play on my PC. Which I prefer as well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

I just want Dad of War 2 and Spidey 2 dammit

Joking aside I am very excited mostly because they keep turning out stellar exclusives. And the XBOX games I can just play on PC now!

I like a console and this is the first time I've preordered and am very psyched about it.

• Options
    Looking back on this generation, I really regret not having a PS4. The exclusives were just on fire. I still want to play Horizon: Zero Dawn...

I'm turning off this presentation. We're past the 30 minute mark and now just reviewing games already revealed.

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

It's one of those "dial a number to get put into a group" old-school calls

I'm just going to power through and hope these wet mouth sounds don't awaken anything in me

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

It's one of those "dial a number to get put into a group" old-school calls

I'm just going to power through and hope these wet mouth sounds don't awaken anything in me

:winky: ?

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »

After the PS3/Xbox 360 generation lasted nearly a decade, both companies decided to move to an iterative console model, instead of a revolutionary one. This makes sense given the costs involved in chasing the dragon these days. But the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X both kind of deflated these.

Its not even about chasing the dragon

there is zero reason to make bespoke console designs when PC hardware will outclass it.

Also its not a small jump just graphics are at a point of diminishing returns.

The SSD and CPU's in these are going to be large factors.

The Jaguar SOC's in the current consoles were out of date when the consoles launched the entire generation was severely limited by them.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

They're at near parity with your average gaming PC at this point. They basically are just a PC now. And PCs are boring. Hence...

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I still don’t quite get Microsoft’s strategy here. Like, why would I buy an Xbox Series X premium priced console when I can be better off just getting a PC? Sony is also releasing their games on PC but not at launch, they’ve been giving a year or so before releasing on PC and some haven’t even been announced as coming to PC (Spidey). Now, if you could install Windows on the Series X and use it as a PC then I’m in

• Options

I have no clue at all.

If so that is great and saves me from buying one and I can just play on my PC. Which I prefer as well.

All Microsoft games will also be on PC but yeah most will be on PC.

The key with the consoles is fidelity, if you have a 4k tv at home these consoles are going to spit out visuals at a price a comparatively capable GPU alone would cost probably much less the rest of the PC.

If you are gaming on a 1080p monitor probably would cost much less.

• Options
    I still don’t quite get Microsoft’s strategy here. Like, why would I buy an Xbox Series X premium priced console when I can be better off just getting a PC? Sony is also releasing their games on PC but not at launch, they’ve been giving a year or so before releasing on PC and some haven’t even been announced as coming to PC (Spidey). Now, if you could install Windows on the Series X and use it as a PC then I’m in

Microsoft gets your money either via windows or the console. My bet they are all on the Microsoft store exclusively so they get their cut that way. Most folks who buy consoles don't want the effort to buy a PC.

This way they can get a lot of money off both of the sources.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Also the leading rumor is there is going to be a lower priced next gen Xbox that will be likely 1080p focused but with the same SSD and processor.

So same games and fidelity just not at 4k

• Options
    Also can we all agree on calling it the Xbox SeX

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Also the leading rumor is there is going to be a lower priced next gen Xbox that will be likely 1080p focused but with the same SSD and processor.

So same games and fidelity just not at 4k

There's a tipover point where to get that higher resolution you're actively hurting the image quality. Good PCs can barely push 4K without serious compromises and console hardware is even more limited.

I feel like pushing 4K on consoles has been more of a marketing thing

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Microsoft gets your money either via windows or the console. My bet they are all on the Microsoft store exclusively so they get their cut that way. Most folks who buy consoles don't want the effort to buy a PC.

This way they can get a lot of money off both of the sources.

Microsoft tried only putting their games on their own store and it must not have worked well, because they started releasing games on Steam.

This discussion has been closed.