Options

[chat]camp

1929394959698»

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Also the leading rumor is there is going to be a lower priced next gen Xbox that will be likely 1080p focused but with the same SSD and processor.

So same games and fidelity just not at 4k

There's a tipover point where to get that higher resolution you're actively hurting the image quality. Good PCs can barely push 4K without serious compromises and console hardware is even more limited.

I feel like pushing 4K on consoles has been more of a marketing thing

Well thats what good upscaling is for Sony's stuff in Horizon and Spidey was top class.

Also RDR2 was native 4k on Xbox One X

its not marketing it just requires serious work (and horse power)

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    No Elden Ring?

*continues to not care*

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Also the leading rumor is there is going to be a lower priced next gen Xbox that will be likely 1080p focused but with the same SSD and processor.

So same games and fidelity just not at 4k

There's a tipover point where to get that higher resolution you're actively hurting the image quality. Good PCs can barely push 4K without serious compromises and console hardware is even more limited.

I feel like pushing 4K on consoles has been more of a marketing thing

Eh

Unless you mean just not turning on the Raytracing, this isn't really true anymore. A 2080 is a 60fps 4k card with the settings on very high/ultra, the next gen is supposed to have 2.5x the raytracing power and 50-75% more general compute power so 4k 120+ with raytracing will probably be the norm for the top-end cards next year.

I think my 2060 might be able to push 4k with "console settings" (everything on medium/low)

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    SeXBox

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    CIO said in a meeting that depression isn't a reason to be less efficient; assigned us more projects;trying to get individual accountability

everyone agreed after the call we're doing no work tomorrow except incident response

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    CIO said in a meeting that depression isn't a reason to be less efficient; assigned us more projects;trying to get individual accountability

everyone agreed after the call we're doing no work tomorrow except incident response

CIO more like "See eye to eye on the needs of my workers? Oh, what a folly!"

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    We'll see if that Navi 2 GPU can do what they say it can. On paper its about as good as a 2080 Super.

Which would mean they're competing with an $800 GPU with a $500 Entire Console?

impressive if they could actually pull that off

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I'm taking next week off fack it

override367 on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    We'll see if that Navi 2 GPU can do what they say it can. On paper its about as good as a 2080 Super.

Aren’t the new GPUs coming out later this year or next year that would be next gen equivalents?

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

Aren’t the new GPUs coming out later this year or next year that would be next gen equivalents?

True so by the time it comes out the XBox GPU would probably be last gen level

• Options

No

Xbox GPU is based on the upcoming stuff from AMD

• Options

I'll have to see.

I'm fairly certain it won't be, because AMD isn't magic and needs to make a profit off of their hardware. Unless it's getting subsidized heavily.

By the time Navi 2 comes out, it won't be competing with a 2080 Super. The leaked 3070 specs, on paper, crushes the 2080 Super and if price history is any indication it will be in the $500 price range.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
  • Options

No

Yes, so last gen level.

• Options

No

Which based on the specs in in the range of the 2080 supers.

By the time it comes out Nvidia will have put out their 3000 series cards

• Options
    I'm still a little mad I bought my 2070 like 2 months before the Supers came out

• Options
    I'm still a little mad I bought my 2070 like 2 months before the Supers came out

The performance delta is pretty minimal, from what I remember.

I appreciate AMD putting the heat on the lower-tier GPU's from NVidia, though. I hope they can do better next gen and get the prices to drop like they did with CPU's.

The new AMD Ryzen 3 chips (3100 and 3300X) are super fucking cool, though, and I am far more excited for the prospects of their CPU line than their GPU's at this point.

• Options

I appreciate AMD putting the heat on the lower-tier GPU's from NVidia, though. I hope they can do better next gen and get the prices to drop like they did with CPU's.

The new AMD Ryzen 3 chips (3100 and 3300X) are super fucking cool, though, and I am far more excited for the prospects of their CPU line than their GPU's at this point.

They are scaring Intel a bit on the CPU front and it shows. Like Intel giving up and letting hyperthreading on all the next gen CPUs and not just the i9s

• Options
    Plus with From Software's PC ports finally not being shit with DS3 and Sekiro

And some Playstation games finally making it to PC

No reason to go console

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

No reason to go console

Exclusives but those seem to be coming to PC.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

They are scaring Intel a bit on the CPU front and it shows. Like Intel giving up and letting hyperthreading on all the next gen CPUs and not just the i9s

They also cut the price of all their chips in HALF in response to the Ryzen 3 chips.

Half.

They've been sitting on some serious margins for years.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

No reason to go console

Exclusives but those seem to be coming to PC.

Horizon Zero Dawn baby!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    New monitor is fantastic now that I've gotten used to it. I think there's like a tiny amount of a darker area in the lower left but it's barely noticeable.

2070 Super should arrive next week! Then I'll have to try and see if I can sell my old PC parts somehow.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'm skeptical of the raw horsepower claims of the nextgen console GPUs. Consoles are never equivalent to high end PCs at launch and making a 1Tb SSD + 16gb DDr5 + midtier cpu + custom board is already $300 of components.

The integrated loading pipeline looks legit though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    If a next gen console costs me $500

And a equivalent GPU costs the same let’s say a 3070

There still at least 500 on pc parts needed to go with it

It’s fine if you are already there it’s but it’s not apples to apples with consoles

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    What'd you end up getting Sniper?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    What'd you end up getting Sniper?

For monitor? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WVN6CWT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    AOC 24G2

It's my first IPS monitor. Colors are so vibrant! Also it has sort of g-sync and freesync.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

They also cut the price of all their chips in HALF in response to the Ryzen 3 chips.

Half.

They've been sitting on some serious margins for years.

AMD hit a brick wall with Bulldozer so yeah Intel has been counting their money and not doing anything

NVidia, 2000 series cashgrab aside, has still been pushing hard so unfortunately I don't see AMD catching up the same way like they did on Intel

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    New monitor is fantastic now that I've gotten used to it. I think there's like a tiny amount of a darker area in the lower left but it's barely noticeable.

2070 Super should arrive next week! Then I'll have to try and see if I can sell my old PC parts somehow.

I used Facebook marketplace and was pretty satisfied with the experience

Price low off the bat and don't suffer fools

I made some kid's Fortnite dream come true

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 0.8

@nexuscrawler will create the new thread
    @nexuscrawler is backup

This discussion has been closed.