As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragalia Lost] EoS. officially lost.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Heh, I get it. I maxed out two of my mines because I like the way they look at 30.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The mines are lowest priority for me since they use light orbs and I don't have enough for the elemental buildings as is. I still need to finish clearing the very hard story missions to get more of those top tier orbs, I'm at chapter 11 and it's getting to the point where I need to start playing instead of autoing through the missions

• RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    The Shadow Fafnir was the last building I needed to level before the dracolith level cap increase. I was so close...

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I honestly after i bought the testaments with my fafnir medals just used them to buy HZD orbs to buy the shadow fafnir instead of bothering to do that fight more than once

initiatefailure on
    Gala coming tomorrow with Cat Sith. Thank god Shadow is finally getting the buff it needs. :rotate:

at least I guess that even though they're nonsense power creep, they're wildly unnecessary to clear any content

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Did some pulls, mainly with tickets, and got lots of dragons. Got two Cait Siths (I'll use stones to MUB one, and will save the second just in case), two Styxs, Chitonus #2, Leviathan #6, and Shnobi #7. The only adventurers that popped up were dupes of Hienwald and Naveed. I think I'll stop here for now. I need to keep the hoard up for game-play destabilizing units not in Shadow or Flame :rotate:

edited June 2020
    Come on. We all know you mean “inevitable bikini banner”.

Russad on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    Did some pulls, mainly with tickets, and got lots of dragons. Got two Cait Siths (I'll use stones to MUB one, and will save the second just in case), two Styxs, Chitonus #2, Leviathan #6, and Shnobi #7. The only adventurers that popped up were dupes of Hienwald and Naveed. I think I'll stop here for now. I need to keep the hoard up for game-play destabilizing units not in Shadow or Flame :rotate:

Other elements exist? I thought they were only a legend

Cururu
    Got Eugene, and Catherine, and two Cats. Going to keep them separate since I can equip them on two adventurers, the extra 60% is nice but not necessarily better than having two of them.

Cururu
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Russad wrote: »

We never got summer elly right? My money is on her and summer Alex releasing together. It is one of the few things that will make me stop hodling my wyrmite for anniversary, which is presumably my best bet to make up for missing out on gala Alex.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Russad wrote: »

We never got summer elly right? My money is on her and summer Alex releasing together. It is one of the few things that will make me stop hodling my wyrmite for anniversary, which is presumably my best bet to make up for missing out on gala Alex.

5* summer Xander or I riot.

Banana hammock summer Prince or no sale.

edited June 2020
    i ended up with catherine, linea, 2x cait sith, gala sarise, 2nd pazuzu, dupe cas, 7th konohama and 8th shinobi.

the last two gala's have been rough on me. I've done multiple runs up to 8.5% pity then gotten broken on a non rate up dupe.

I understand they get % worse the more characters you already have but also variance has gone from like 20 5*s to 9 this time and a similar amount last time with roughly similar stashes

Catherine seems fun. I've just run her through standard and a) it's weird playing a water char without burn res but b) her s2 is kind of insane and i didn't notice at first but her entire kit is just sending bodyguards to tackle the enemy

initiatefailure on
    Shadowfire
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Don't forget that the Void Battle and Astral Raid shops will reset tomorrow.

Shadowfire
    Water spirals hit this morning. Xander's back, baby!

Kakodaimonos
    There were like no high dragon standard co op rooms open tonight, I just barely got my three chests worth of runs before the reset

I'm enjoying the upgrades to Lily, although they seem a bit counter-intuitive in that she doesn't seem to want skill damage boosts, but rather general strength boosts. This works out well for me since I've never managed to pull a water Siren (I've gotten seven light Sirens though :rotate: ), so instead I have her on MUB Nimis, which pairs well with the water agito weapon crit rate boost. It kind of makes her into a better Pipple, since she doesn't need other units to support her regular attack damage boosts.

Shadowfire
    I'm enjoying the upgrades to Lily, although they seem a bit counter-intuitive in that she doesn't seem to want skill damage boosts, but rather general strength boosts. This works out well for me since I've never managed to pull a water Siren (I've gotten seven light Sirens though :rotate: ), so instead I have her on MUB Nimis, which pairs well with the water agito weapon crit rate boost. It kind of makes her into a better Pipple, since she doesn't need other units to support her regular attack damage boosts.

Her second cast of S2 covers the entire stage. It's pretty hilarious.

I'm enjoying the king's upgrades, but Karina coming out of nowhere to be the broken spiral was super unexpected.

yeah i've been karinaing it up in the new agito. her kit is pretty fun. I like doublebuff synergies generally.

New event banner will also be a rerun Gala banner for Gala Cleo and Mars, which is great for me since I don't have either. I want Mars in particular since I really slept on him the first time around and did not pull much on that gala banner.

Shadowfire
    I wish they'd swapped new adventurer elements so I could use patia in the next agito instead of never needing another shadow adventurer again who does game balance here wtf

ShadowfireGeneral_ArmchairCururu
    Yeah I'm disappointed that Patia is still shadow. They changed Mikoto to light, what's the issue?

General_Armchair
    edited July 2020
    This banner raises a question about how I should spend my wyrmite. Alex is my favorite and I missed out on her Gala. I was hoarding for the anniversary since my understanding was that would be the best shot that I had at getting her Gala alt. But now I might be better served by waiting for GAlex to appear on one of these Gala re-mix banners.

Edit:
    I was also hoping that Summer Patia would be wind so that she and Leif could fit on the same team.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    I'm not even sure I'd use gala Cleo if I got her. I'm stacked for dark element units, and already have two rod units, Cassandra and Veronica, full mana spiraled. I'd still take her for the future, though, since she hasn't gotten her spiral yet and might be even better later. Some of the Gala units could really use the mana spiral boost. I randomly got Gala Ranzal while trying to get Leif during the Leif gala, and I don't think I've even leveled him yet. Mym could use some help as well. Maybe make her work more like Tiki.

I'm not even sure I'd use gala Cleo if I got her. I'm stacked for dark element units, and already have two rod units, Cassandra and Veronica, full mana spiraled. I'd still take her for the future, though, since she hasn't gotten her spiral yet and might be even better later. Some of the Gala units could really use the mana spiral boost. I randomly got Gala Ranzal while trying to get Leif during the Leif gala, and I don't think I've even leveled him yet. Mym could use some help as well. Maybe make her work more like Tiki.

Granzal is terrible. He got done dirty in both his Gala and Summer forms.

But Gleo continues to be more relevant. Every change they make to Shadow, every unit they add and spiral they create, just makes her more powerful. Her stacking strength buff is just insane.

edited July 2020
    this agito is weird in terms of weapons crafting. The water weapon isn't as mind blowingly strong as the last 2 so maybe that's a factor, but...

I'm like 1 run short of being able to make a max unbound weapon and have no idea who i want to make it for. like with shadow i had an obvious goal to make my galex sword because i was doing that fight at "barely strong enough levels" when i started, then with wind i had the goal of making them for my solo team, but for this one I'm clearing with an HDT2 axe easily so the clear character doesn't need it (as a priority at least), and there's not really a solo team that can deal with all the nonsense in this fight, so it's like which of my MC45 generic water content backliner squad should get lucky first?

Maybe it's just a problem of end game content being one character centric. and it probably didn't help that i went started this agito on Gelly and then built spiral Karina. At least if it'd been a different weapon I'd have someone else built up already. Water is such a gatekeeper

initiatefailure on
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    As weird as it feels, I think I'm probably going to pass on this banner in favor of the event-specific banner. I have all the gala-exclusive units, and I've already sunstone-MUBed Mars and Cat Sith, so none of the gala stuff is actually very appealing -- I'd just be rolling for the summer alts.

Billmaan on
    Billmaan wrote: »
    As weird as it feels, I think I'm probably going to pass on this banner in favor of the event-specific banner. I have all the gala-exclusive units, and I've already sunstone-MUBed Mars and Cat Sith, so none of the gala stuff is actually very appealing -- I'd just be rolling for the summer alts.

There probably won't be a regular banner. The last gala included the other units and there was no separate banner.

If we have two summer events like last year, then the second banner will probably be a normal banner. Last year the first summer banner had Julietta, cellery, Ranzal, and Siren, while the second one had Cleo, Verica, Luca, and Popstar Siren.

3DS Friend Code:
  • BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Billmaan wrote: »

There probably won't be a regular banner. The last gala included the other units and there was no separate banner.

The in-game announcement says that summer Patia and Mikoto "will also appear in the next summon showcase"; I guess I'm assuming that they'll be featured units there, but it seems like a pretty safe assumption.

Well I got really lucky. I did 30 rolls (20 single, 1 ten pull) and got Summer Patia and Mars.

Now I need to decide if I should quit while I'm ahead or try to get Gleo.

3DS Friend Code:
    Shadowfire
    I had 55 singles, 2 tenfolds, ~7800 mite and now I have 3 singles and ~4700 mite... But I got another Mars and both the summer units. I should probably let Gleo go while I'm "ahead." I have galex so I'm covered on busted shadow unit already.

Haven't tried patia yet but mikoto is weird. The force strike isn't actually an attack. It just channels light into you and then you get the buff from the tooltip for the sun or moon. But... With both buffs his s1 literally took half the health off the boss in the master defense. His s2 charges so slow that I haven't been able to use it and I'm just gonna try him out with chocolatiers in the morning. I assume it does something to make it worth being usable once after every third s1

Looking at the drop rates, the rest of the gala units aren't in the pool. So nobody try to chase a non-focus gala unit since they're not there. Granted it's madness to chase a non-focus gala unit under normal circumstances, but still.

3DS Friend Code:
    I did a roll-until-5* run and got my 4th Cerberus and a dupe of the wind axe girl on my third 10 pull after priming the pump with 20 singles. Then I went and did the EX defense mode solo, forgetting I could co-op it until after I did it

Poseidon #8 and a dupe og Mikoto. I know when you've beaten me, game.

edited July 2020
    Started with single summon tickets to prime the drop rate. Got Mars 19 tickets in. 20th ticket was Summer Patia (speaking Japanese, for some reason). Another 35 or so single tickets, two 10 pull tickets, and one wyrmite 10 pull (because my last 10 pul lticket didn't have any rainbows, and I refuse to leave boosted rates without a rainbow) got me Poseidon #3, Cerberus #2, Nidhogg #4, Leviathan #7, and a Gala Cleo. I believe I will stop there. No summer Mikoto for me, but the original Mikoto took me forever to get as well, so maybe the guy just doesn't like me

Cururu on
    Started with single summon tickets to prime the drop rate. Got Mars 19 tickets in. 20th ticket was Summer Patia (speaking Japanese, for some reason). Another 35 or so single tickets, two 10 pull tickets, and one wyrmite 10 pull (because my last 10 pul lticket didn't have any rainbows, and I refuse to leave boosted rates without a rainbow) got me Poseidon #3, Cerberus #2, Nidhogg #4, Leviathan #7, and a Gala Cleo. I believe I wil lstop there. No summer Mikoto for me, but the original Mikoto took me forever to get as well, so maybe the guy just doesn't like me

Apparently Summer Patia is speaking Japanese because Covid-19 caused some kind of complication with getting the English voice lines ready in time. I threw sixty more summons at the banner and got an extra Mars. I feel like I probably should keep going since I should probably take advantage of this opportunity to get Gleo. I don't want to burn too much though since my nightmare scenario will be missing out on potentially getting Summer Alex if they add her as part of an extra set of summer units here in a few weeks.

3DS Friend Code:
    Shadowfire
    Did a few more summons, with an axe, bow, and dragon on my last ten pull!

Dupe Ramona, Louise, and Arctos #7. Fuck offfffffff.

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    did 280 rolls cause it's gala and summer characters, got mikoto on 12th single and I should have just called it but figured I wanted Patia.

Ended up with... Andromeda, Jeanne x2, Nylarthothep(4th), Prometheus(MUB), Takemikazuchi(MUB), Gala Mars x2(had MUB already), Azazel x3(already MUB D: ), Gaibhne + Creidhe (woo new and useful). Tobias! and dupes of Gleo, Kirsty, Nadine, Lucretia, Yaten, S!Mikoto x2, Ramona (literal last roll on 10th slot, saw axe, thought I'd made it lol)

Not unhappy since I got Tobias and G+C dragon for Karina but was pretty hefty wyrmite cost.

I have more wyrmite but I went in far too heavy as it is, will save the rest of my wyrmite vault for next time.