As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragalia Lost] EoS. officially lost.

• Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Looking at the drop rates, the rest of the gala units aren't in the pool. So nobody try to chase a non-focus gala unit since they're not there. Granted it's madness to chase a non-focus gala unit under normal circumstances, but still.

I just got gAlex in about 20 tickets so shows what you know.

But for real though, it looks like she's the only other gala unit in the pool besides gleo and mars.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, I overlooked her. I glanced through the list and didn't see any of the other gala characters and assumed that the pattern would continue. I'm fairly sure that her inclusion was a mistake.

Congrats on getting her. Unless you already had her, in which case I'm sorry that you got pity broken.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    In 59 pulls I got 8 5-stars with gAlex and Mars as my two non-dupes. Very pleased with the pulls.

General_ArmchairCururu
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ah finally an event to waste my gatherwings on. I hate when I can't auto maps.

Also that gala banner, I got Gleo and Mars, the two I already had, and neither of the summer units -_- I don't like these mixed banners.......

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I got nothing of note on that banner except dupes of a bunch of off banner stuff. Mars continues to elude me, like most dragons.

Seems that SCelery's spiral is pretty good, and SJulietta may not be so amazing.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    The event ends a couple hours before reset this time because of the version update so if you normally wait until the last minute to do all your grinding, maybe don't do that this time.

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, Master Kai has a crapton of HP.

Doomsday Getaway is basically Danganronpa, and I wanted to throw the trailer in the thread because the music slaps.

https://youtu.be/is1dyXT0ZnE

Up Job
    Also Gala Dragalia starts tomorrow. GaLaxi as a fire dagger (poor Ezelith). Summer Sinoa is a wind wand, and Summer Norwin is a wind dagger.

So there's going to be a lot of salt as the wrong rainbow dagger falls for people.

https://youtu.be/tcPjPGK--H8

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I used up about 50 single tickets, 2 10 summon tickets, and about 12k wyrmite on the gala banner. I ended up getting Laxi three times, one Summer Norwin, a dupe Xuan Zang, my first Kamuy, and another Mars. I was hoping to get the new Konohana Sakuya since she seems quite useful on long fights, such as trying to auto-run Agito or Advanced Dragon fights, but I think I'll stop here. I don't think the non-Laxi new units are limited, so I might run into one randomly later.

Cururu on
    Shadowfire
    I got Norwin, Sinoa, and Summer Hakuna Matata, not no Laxi. Boooo.

CururuUp Job
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Well I did 20 singles, 3 10-fold tickets and 2 10-fold wyrmite summons which feels like a lot for 2 5*s but they were GaLaxi and sSinoa with a bonus 4* Odetta I somehow didn't have yet so it feels like a win and I can call it a successful gala while I still have 10k wrymite and 20 single tix

Cururu
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Ugh, the new Astral High Midgar boss is pretty absurd, I can get to like 20% health left before the mechanics start layering on top of each other to the point I make a mistake and die.

I finally managed to do it after several tries, but I had to use Gala Laxi (for the 20% standard atk damage bonus) and Mars as the dragon, so that's not really something that most people are going to have access to. I was having some success with Peony (for starting overshield) and Cupid, but being an off element dragon means pretty much any hit kills you. Mega-man was also promising, due to ranged attacks and really quick turnaround on his special, but his HP is much too low.

Lvl 100 Xania + Cerberus is what I've been using. Cerberus's special takes forever to complete, which is both good (immune the whole time) and bad (doesn't matter if you're immune if you get hit by a purple attack). Once I figured out the best times to use it, the only thing getting in my way is the unwieldy movement of being a dragon, so if I ever fuck up and let Midgar end up in the middle when he does his 8 way attack, I can't maneuver my way to safety. Doubly so at the point in time when I'm dying, since he does that move plus the tornado attack at the same time multiple times in a row, so if he's in a bad position I can only special-immune my way through one of the wall tornadoes and the next round ends up killing me when I have nowhere to go. I did get Gala Laxi but I haven't leveled her up yet, so I guess I should go ahead and do that and see if she helps me win

Also, make sure to have a +Dragon Damage Wyrmprint. I didn't think to do that for my first few attempts.

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    These battles that have one shot kills definitely remind how floaty the controls are in this game. I spent way more time fighting the controls on this one.

Cururu
    The gala remix ate my last 10 single tickets and on the last one it gave me a 3rd dupe Albert to break my rate. Frankly how dare this game

I spent all 40 of my tickets and 3600 wyrmite to try and get Curran. Ended up with a dupe GSarisse'sbrother.
    Frankly how dare this game

I used about 30 tickets and 4 10 pulls worth of wyrmite and got 3 5* dupe characters and a second Agni. I believe I will wait for the anniversary to pull more.

I ended up getting a Curran, my first pop star siren, a 5th Jeanne d'Arc days before I finished getting 50 tokens to unbind her, and two dupe 5* adventurers across my pulls

Cururu
    New banner is an easy skip for me, mostly since I already have every unit on it and six of the dragon (still zero regular Sirens, though).

Shadowfire
    Along with the new event is a half energy, double reward bonus for all of the light element story chapters. The double rewards include Draconic Essences, so now is a great time to farm them if you need to unbind Cupid, Jeanne d'Arc, or Gilgamesh.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    So wow, I totally didn't realize they unlocked the mana circles of a bunch of ppl. I got Hildegarde fully upgraded (yay) but then I ran out of gold paper things for Xander and Lily :( Should be able to get a couple from this event but I don't think it'll be enough :(

P.S. - It is so massively confusing that the EX battle unlocks from the second set of missions rather than the first like it usually does, and then on top of that, it appears BELOW all of them... whyyyyyyy? *sigh* I guess it's only messed up cuz there are still locked missions but I'm not sure why they chose to lock non-Nightmare+ stuff randomly this time..

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Shadowfire
    apparently the new meta so far for this boss is Gleo + dark characters so I feel like it's kind of the last kick i needed to stop caring about the game. I enjoyed battling the boss content. I was working on the HDTs before the population died out and they're all pretty enjoyable fights but I think of all of the Agito, only the first one was a well made fight without cheese (and then marth got spiralled and ruined it for everyone else). HP based attack patterns just don't work when subsections of your elemental characters are broken in half. It's mostly fine if the elements are separated through the boss mechanics mattering or even just straight up giving bosses an off element resistance, but this current system is lame

apparently the new meta so far for this boss is Gleo + dark characters so I feel like it's kind of the last kick i needed to stop caring about the game. I enjoyed battling the boss content. I was working on the HDTs before the population died out and they're all pretty enjoyable fights but I think of all of the Agito, only the first one was a well made fight without cheese (and then marth got spiralled and ruined it for everyone else). HP based attack patterns just don't work when subsections of your elemental characters are broken in half. It's mostly fine if the elements are separated through the boss mechanics mattering or even just straight up giving bosses an off element resistance, but this current system is lame

@initiatefailure I don't know if you checked out the new This Month in Dragalia Lost notice today, but they specifically address the shadow domination of the game. They're going to be doing a lot of buffing of other elements, and it sounds like rebalancing a ton. No nerfs, just sounds like boosting the shit out of other characters. It's made me hopeful that this will turn around.

Cururu
    Bleh, I tried to do some High Dragon co-op today so I wouldn't be scrambling at the end of the week to get it done before the chests reset, and nearly every single fucking lobby was looking to be mentors to new players. That means they'd wait forever for the lobby to fill, then spam emotes at the fourth person if they weren't someone who qualified as a mentee. I guess some people are so hard up for currency they'll spend fucking hours sitting in a lobby, crossing their fingers for someone new to stumble in while waving away everyone else. What a weird and broken situation this game is in.

So 24Sept is the big update. And there's going to be a 12 hour maintenance for it.

Excited to see what's coming!

The weapon and wyrmprint change is a big one. No more storage, only one of each and upgrades now to allow multiple adventurers to use them.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The weapon and wyrmprint change is a big one. No more storage, only one of each and upgrades now to allow multiple adventurers to use them.

That's interesting, but I'm still waiting to see what they'll do about the element disparity. It's not gonna be as easy as just boosting the other elements when the primary problem is Gleo's kit not only making her strong but making every other Shadow adventurer stronger in conjunction.

If it were me I'd remove her from Limited status and make a clone in each element so everyone can gain access easily. Then balance from there.

Anniversary website is live. lots of stuff coming soon, looks like a collab is likely next month.

The weapon and wyrmprint changes are massive.

https://dragalialost.com/sp/en/news/detail/1603

https://dragalialost.com/sp/en/news/detail/1605

So wyrmprints are only getting one ability now and they're equipped on weapons - up to 5.

Shadowfire
    They've removed the screenshots showing it but it looks like they added guns as a weapon type.

Also there are a couple screenshots that make the game look like it's going cel shaded which yes please

Ah yes, we're gonna save zethia with the power of friendship and this gun we found

ShadowfireLucedes
    The subreddit is filled to the brim with some pretty great images people hacked together of Dragalia characters with guns.

Try to finish all the dailies this morning. Update starts at 10 am PT.

Shadowfire
    Maintenance has beGun.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ah yes, we're gonna save zethia with the power of friendship and this gun we found

"Lily-desu borrowed this from Tien!"

*cocks Ten Wolf Gun*

Up Job
    Digest is at 11PM ET, and it looks like DOGGO IS BACK

edited September 2020
    https://youtu.be/UTfvnYn37Ic

Digest is up!
    • Gala Zena, Light Staff, but attack unit? Light Heinwald?
    • Daily ten pulls for a full month. First phase is all Gala characters on the banner.
    • Login bonus: Mini Hildy, a wyrmprint, 5* dragon, some wyrmite, gold toilet paper.
    • Twitter campaign. All players get rewards, three players will be selected to receive all Gala characters and all dragons.
    • New value packs which look like some of the old value packs, but I saw them too quickly to add up.
    • Triple drops for a bunch of rewards, including gold and XP gems.
    • Social rewards reset!
    • New Raid event, shows Zethia traveling a thousand years in the past to the formation of the church of Ilia. Forgotten Truths. Coming 29Sept. Meene and Gala Midgarsormr will appear in the same banner with Gala Zena
    • Graphical changes detailed. Cel shading looks great!
    • Summoning system being updated. Wyrmsigils, basically Sparking. Get enough from summoning, you can choose an adventurer from the banner.
    • Weapon changes, looks amazing. Upgrade weapons, when you get the skill from the weapon you can apply it across all adventurers.
    • Wyrmprints basically become Materia. Wyrmprints will be knocked down to one ability each, but you can equip up to five on an adventurer's weapon.
    • Balance update. 150+ adventurers and dragons boosted.
    • Separate difficulties and rewards for solo and co-op.
    • GUNS Manacasters added. Three styles, long-range, close-range, rapid-fire with a force strike. Everyone's getting 3* Joe.
    • Alberian Battle Royale - 16 player PvP mode. Choose a weapon which determines your adventurer, grab skills on the map. Straight up "16 Eudens drop onto an island" including the shrinking circle.
    • Walkthrough of changes for Version 2, mostly for new players.
    • Preview of chapters 15-18. Notte teased as a playable character?
    • The second half of the video is Okada going deep into the mechanical changes. Weapons, wyrmprints, quests (solo mode for HDT and Agito), and Alberian Battle Royale.

Shadowfire on