As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] EoS. officially lost.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I think its a combination of a new raid event starting, which will use up most peoples gatherwings for the next few days, and the new Volk fight being added, so all of the bleeding edge people are migrating over there. If they are going to tie the top tier weapons to these fights, I really wish they had given each one more time in the spotlight. Volk and Kai both got much more time, but Ciella barely got a month. It was also really dumb to introduce better fire weapons before releasing the water or light weapons. If they keep up this pace, then they are going to need to make some serious changes to either the AI or the fights themselves (probably both) to allow for people to clear them without needing to co-op.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    15 10summons and no GLief or Axe Man, but got Lea, GAlex Dupe and GRanzal so today was all about trolling me

Also got 2 of the new dragon, GLuca and new Deer Lady and jfc stop giving me the new Lance Man

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Eight 10 summons got me all of the new characters, plus Forte who I missed on the last banner, which has to be some kind of record. No dragon yet, but I am definitely not upset at these pulls. Looking forward to trying out Xuan Zang's hyper beam.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Took a bit over 200 summons, but I ended up with all of the new stuff plus a random Mars, which was a nice surprise.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I spent about 50 single tickets (trying to boost rates) and 6 10 pull tickets and one wyrmite 10 pull. Pulled Leif off a single ticket, got about 400 of the new lance duder. Got everyone but Xuan. Even pulled Mars, who I immediately unbound with stones.

Best “luck” was a 10 pull with 4 dragons (none meta or even really helpful) and V!Hilde, who I didn’t have yet.

Russad on
  • Options
    After way, way too many summons, Lief continues to elude me, although I did get at least one of everything else on the banner. Did get some other good stuff, but mostly dupes:

Jullietta (dupe)
    G.Ranzal (New, but not the wind sword Gala unit I was looking for! Hopefully he gets a good mana spiral soon)
    Garuda #11
    Chthonius #1
    Nyarlathotep #2
    Nimis #4
    Nimis #5 (back to back Nimis)
    Cupid #5 (finally)
    Garuda #12
    Zhu Bajie (finally something on banner)
    Mikoto (dupe)
    Zhu Bajie (dupe)
    Xuan Zang
    Zhu Bajie (dupe)
    G.Elly (dupe)
    Zhu Bajie (dupe)
    Tie Shan Gongzhu #1
    Nidhogg #3
    Yaten (new)
    Tobias (dupe)
    G.Alex (dupe)

I still have about 20k Wyrmite left, so I may do more pulls, but I think I'll wait to see how good Lief is before doing so. It's kind of crazy that I managed to get three off banner Gala units, but not the on banner one. I would also have settled for a Mars :)

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I blew everything that I had earned since fire emblem and only got the dragon from the pool of rate up units. No Leif.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I didn't track everything exactly but I had 66 single tickets, 7 10 folds, and 20k wyrmite.

Now I have 900 wyrmite, glief, xuan x2, new dragon x4, Curran, Chelsea, Lin you, hawk dupe, Rena dupe, and just a billion dragons and 200k eldwater

The shared rate up scared me, because I hit 5 of them prior to glief and was starting to worry all my dragons were going to make me miss lief.

• Options
    I had 12k wyrmite, 30 single pull tickets, and 4 ten pull tickets. Surely a pathetic stash compared to people who have been more seriously playing the game, but still a bit disheartening to not get Leif after hearing about people getting him in far less though. You win some, you lose some. I'm not sure how many rolls are needed to reach the median number to get a desired rate up unit.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    people said "oh, you're doing it wrong, always do 20 singles and then start your ten-pulls because ??? wasting pity somehow."
    so i was like fine, i'll do it, 20 singles without a 5* and then start ten-pulls.

...i got lief with 20 single tickets and a tenfold voucher. i guess that's the right way to do it.

• Options
    Looking back at what I pulled today, I guess I did get a Gala unit. I pulled Sarisse. I guess somehow it flew over my head that she was a gala unit. She's cute. I haven't done much work with bows though. When I last played, bows were pretty much universally 'F' tier, but I guess that changed since I noticed that Hawk is at the top of a lot of tier lists when I remember him being in the running for worst gacha 5* in the game.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I think they changed bows overall at some point? I know people hated the bow force strike. They're definitely better now and the last two bow releases were good and nefaria and Hawks Mana spirals made them top tier. But yeah specially hawk got a 70mc update giving him stun, poison, a bunch of extra damage to stunned/poisoned enemies and just cranked up his damage numbers

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Oh damn, I was just sorting through my inventory trying to optimize some of my teams for some void battles, and there's Grace sitting there. Now that I think about it, someone "exploded" a gold drop into a rainbow this morning but I sped through the animations to get to my next summon since it wasn't Leif and that's all that I cared about at the time.

I haven't done my homework on her, but I've gathered from other people's posts that she's a BIG deal. In light of that I guess I can retract my disappointment about the outcome of today's summoning since I think I pulled ahead.

I still kinda want Leif though. I like him as a character.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Grace is fantastic. I kinda regret not going for her on the last selection pull.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Don't forget to do your Astral Raid and Void Battle treasure trades before the monthly limits reset.

• Options
    I find it kind of silly how some people are so slow to ready up for the event raid at the expert and EX difficulties. I mean, yeah my teams are a lot weaker than most people's (clocking in at ~15-16k), but the recommended might is down at ~9.5k at most. It makes me wonder how many orders of magnitude of overkill that they truly want for the run? Or maybe they're just afk or something?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    At the expert level anyway, people just have it the combat on auto and are expecting the host to just hit “go”

I know when Im farming raids Ill hit search for group then put my phone down to do something else quick or if Im at work. Sometimes I come back to a very patient group still waiting for me to hit ready

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    I'm trying to do this royal regimen thing, and it's telling me to do the High Migardsormr trial. That seemed like an eternity away the last time that I played, but I might be far closer than I believed since I see that they've added new toys since the last time that I played. Before I last quit, I had started building Laevatain for Marth since he stood out as arguably my strongest unit.

I imagine that I should co-op for the fight to lessen the need to prepare all of the specialty wyrmprints to protect my entire team from the high dragon's damage right? I have one MUB copy of the wyrmprint but am nowhere near mubbing copy for three more teammates. I don't have any MUB 5* dragons, but I do have bound copies of Cerberus, Agni, and Sakuya. I see that there are high dragon trial weapons to make the fight easier, but it looks like materials from clearing high dragon trials are used in crafting it, which feels a bit like the chicken before the egg. Should I be saving up fafnir medals to try to treasure trade me a high dragon weapon, work on upgrading Laevatain, or should I work on getting the flame chimeratech sword? On that matter, should I even make a sword or a different weapon instead? My two best flame units are probably Marth and Gala Mym.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I'm trying to do this royal regimen thing, and it's telling me to do the High Migardsormr trial. That seemed like an eternity away the last time that I played, but I might be far closer than I believed since I see that they've added new toys since the last time that I played. Before I last quit, I had started building Laevatain for Marth since he stood out as arguably my strongest unit.

I imagine that I should co-op for the fight to lessen the need to prepare all of the specialty wyrmprints to protect my entire team from the high dragon's damage right? I have one MUB copy of the wyrmprint but am nowhere near mubbing copy for three more teammates. I don't have any MUB 5* dragons, but I do have bound copies of Cerberus, Agni, and Sakuya. I see that there are high dragon trial weapons to make the fight easier, but it looks like materials from clearing high dragon trials are used in crafting it, which feels a bit like the chicken before the egg. Should I be saving up fafnir medals to try to treasure trade me a high dragon weapon, work on upgrading Laevatain, or should I work on getting the flame chimeratech sword? On that matter, should I even make a sword or a different weapon instead? My two best flame units are probably Marth and Gala Mym.

I haven't done more than the standard dragon trials. Ignore the dragon weapons for now, focus on doing the manticores and building Chimeratech weapons instead. Once you get a MUB Chimeratech for Marth, join a pub for HMS and promptly destroy him.

As for the Fafnir medals, honestly? Use them for getting mana spiral materials. Get Marth to level 100 ASAP, he's pretty fucking broken. Gala Mym is a lot of fun, but she's really only great for Manticore (which every unit can do) and Agito.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The weapons you were looking at are the rewards for completing the High Dragons, if you want weapons to use to challenge High Midgardsormr in the first place you need to look for the fire weapons built from Void Zephyr's mats that have the +30% buff against him. Or as Shadowfire suggested, you can grab the Fire Chimeratech weapons that use mats from the Fire Chimera: they are way more powerful baseline than those anti-High Dragon weapons, meaning they work everywhere instead of in just one fight

• Options
    I think chimeratech is stronger than the void weapon even with it's dragon punisher.

And yeah, those are supposed to be coop fights at least until you get a lot stronger with full teams. Martha is great now with the 70mc and is still good at 50.

If it's just standard HMS it should be super easy with a full group and you'll likely run into a strong player trying to play with people who haven't cleared because you get mentor bonus wyrmite for helping people on the first clear

• Options
    Oh damn, I was just sorting through my inventory trying to optimize some of my teams for some void battles, and there's Grace sitting there. Now that I think about it, someone "exploded" a gold drop into a rainbow this morning but I sped through the animations to get to my next summon since it wasn't Leif and that's all that I cared about at the time.

I haven't done my homework on her, but I've gathered from other people's posts that she's a BIG deal. In light of that I guess I can retract my disappointment about the outcome of today's summoning since I think I pulled ahead.

I still kinda want Leif though. I like him as a character.

Grace might as well be a Gala character herself for as game-play destabilizing she can be. For example, I got fed up with the quality of PUGs for E.Ciella and looked up good solo teams for it. I can now fairly reliably clear it on full auto-play with a team of Grace, T. Hope, Sylas, and Lin You. Even off element, Grace increases team survivalbility a crazy amount, and works great alongside offensive units that provide supplemental healing.

• Options
    Pretty cool to see a stack of tomes in the inbox this morning. Bought one more fire tome so everyone can have pom poms. I think that was a worthwhile purchase.

• Options
    Well I cleared HMS. More precisely I was carried. But it checks a box off and lets me continue the royal regimen.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    woo!

i think that was a lot of people's first experience. I did mine with Euden and splattered a lot. you get better at the fight though. it's definitely hardest for melee since you're responsible for baiting the spits and trident and it's easy to get caught by the omnidirectional super trident if you move him too close to the wall. it took me a while before i understood how the wall of tornados ability even worked too (protip one side has a larger extra whirlwind graphic that's the first one that will move).

• Options
    woo!

i think that was a lot of people's first experience. I did mine with Euden and splattered a lot. you get better at the fight though. it's definitely hardest for melee since you're responsible for baiting the spits and trident and it's easy to get caught by the omnidirectional super trident if you move him too close to the wall. it took me a while before i understood how the wall of tornados ability even worked too (protip one side has a larger extra whirlwind graphic that's the first one that will move).

That's what happened to me. He got close to a wall and I wasn't able to get clear before omnidirectional attack went off. The higher level marth just face tanked it and finished the match two seconds later.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    The next banner is uninteresting to me (I already have both characters, and MUB Cupid), so I threw some more resources at the Gala banner. I'm down to 4 single tickets and about 15k wyrmite, but I finally got Leif. Hopefully he turns out to be good :)

In Agito news, I've finally managed to get into Expert Volk raids now that people are less picky with the bleeding edge people busy running Master. I don't have Mars, so my DPS would be sub-meta, so I'm running H. Lowen. So far most of my runs have been pretty easy, which is nice. I should be able to switch to Master once I finish MUB a fire Agito staff.

• Options
    That next banner tells me that Hildegard and Albert are getting mana spirals next. Which is great, I really like them both.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    That next banner tells me that Hildegard and Albert are getting mana spirals next. Which is great, I really like them both.

I would love for that. Light is seriously lacking in healers and I feel like Hildegard kinda dropped off at some point. WTB light version of Lowen plox

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I'm still using Hildegard on my light team, so a mana spiral for her would be great. I'll need to see what Albert's improvements are, but I'm not sure I have room for him on my team. He'd need to replace either Mitsuhide, Peony, or G. Luca.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Radiant xuan was my first actually good 5* light character because I've missed all the limited ones and the permanent pool is outshone by like, fleur and chitose. So I'd definitely be in for some updates. Even if we won't have shadow content for another couple of months after the fire agito

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I do wish they'd hurry up with the Light Chimeratech weapons. Maybe if they're gonna do spirals for those two that's a hint that it's coming next. I feel like overall my Light team is just the absolute weakest I have - they are massively behind in Mercurial Gauntlet from the other colors for example. I painfully did some grinding to get Alfonse an HD1 sword at least, but everyone else is still stuck in 5* crafted core/void garbage. It doesn't help that I am absolute trash at High Jupiter and High Zodiark (especially, that fight still baffles me.. I can at least muddle my way through Jupiter if it's not Expert)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    One more box checked off of the royal regimen. I've created a 22k might team. Although it is one of those absolutely unworkable teams that underscores how might alone is a terrible metric of power. Now it's telling me to run the Agito fights, and I'm just laughing here thinking I should work on not faceplanting in the high dragon fights first.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    standard kai or ciella are easy enough. volk isn't terrible but it has more quick react dodging needs.

Overall the standards are all "dodge reds, purples and cielas giant cannon"

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Got Leif with thirty seconds left in gala. That was a scorched earth march all the way through the compendium events for it, too (my first seven rainbows were all dragons, then the next three were character dupes).

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    I got Leif, the new Dragon, and 5 Dragon Dupes (luckily none for a MUB dragon)

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    has there ever been a worse banner in the history of this game?

ed: the single-element theme is cool but also the top 6 light characters are not on the banner, so you are guaranteed mediocrity at best.
    literally any other element could have pulled this off better.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    I did 20 singles + four 10 pulls until I got a 5* on the Light banner with wyrmite I saved specifically to chase after one more Cupid to MUB him and ended up with the new Wand unit from the current event. The one time I'm looking for a dragon instead of a character and I ended up with a character, and I already had gotten Peony from the FE event so it's not like I had need for a Light Wand anyway.

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    I did 20 singles + four 10 pulls until I got a 5* on the Light banner with wyrmite I saved specifically to chase after one more Cupid to MUB him and ended up with the new Wand unit from the current event. The one time I'm looking for a dragon instead of a character and I ended up with a character, and I already had gotten Peony from the FE event so it's not like I had need for a Light Wand anyway.

She has a different co-ability and pairs alright. I've got my team set up with her, Peony, GEuden, and Hildegard and they work well together. Plus having multiple ranged characters helps her fill her charge gauge since they can stay together.

• Options
    So about these "Hustle Hammers." How liberal should I be when it comes to using them? I believe that facility infrastructure is probably one of the fields where I'm most lagging behind. Both in dojos/statues that I haven't gotten maxed out, and event facilities that I've surely missed. I've got ~450 hammers and I've got a level 9 halidom with a facility level of 780. I'm not quite sure where I fall on the spectrum between "never wait for a facility to build ever again" to "you don't even grasp how big this iceberg is"

Also apparently I have 19 million rupies, and I don't know why. I'm more lacking in items like assorted elemental orbs, dragon scales, and IO medals. I remember a year ago people talked about a way to convert excess rupies into materials by using damascus ingots to max out a weapon and then subsequently dismantling that weapon. I don't know if that's something that I should look into or not. For now I'm just jealously hoarding my Damascus bars and sunlight stones like they're phoenix downs.

I currently have 5 sunlight stones and 10 Damascus ingots. I'm mostly holding onto the stones since I assume that my stuff will probably be power-crept before I end up needing them.

3DS Friend Code: