As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium - Game 6: Round 9 - Game Over!

1737475767779»

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Korror wrote: »
    May 2020 - September 2021. This is easily the longest game of TI I've ever seen.

Our TTS group has managed to play 5 game of TI in the meantime and have a 6th currently going. We do 2.5 hour sessions in TTS and it's been a lot of fun.

2.5 hours for a whole game, or 2.5 hour sessions and it takes multiple sessions?

TI3 games used to run 5-8 hours typically when I would get together with friends. We usually had 5 people playing. A second game with 3 players would happen after the first game fairly often and usually run more like 4 hours.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Korror wrote: »
    May 2020 - September 2021. This is easily the longest game of TI I've ever seen.

Our TTS group has managed to play 5 game of TI in the meantime and have a 6th currently going. We do 2.5 hour sessions in TTS and it's been a lot of fun.

2.5 hours for a whole game, or 2.5 hour sessions and it takes multiple sessions?

TI3 games used to run 5-8 hours typically when I would get together with friends. We usually had 5 people playing. A second game with 3 players would happen after the first game fairly often and usually run more like 4 hours.

The latter, multiple sessions of 2.5 hours.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I'm really intrigued that a mechanic of Sidereal Confluence in which everyone produces junk and has to trade it for what they can actually use, came from TI4 first.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yeah, the commodity system is slightly more interactive and interesting than the previous trade agreement system from TI3 (swap trade notes, then get TG based on these each time trade comes up)

It's still a bit rote swapping commodities each trade as soon as possible, but at least you can prevent trading with leaders and such without revoking trade notes

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Against my better judgement. I picked up Prophecy of Kings. I really wish it was modular. That new phases, objectives and the Heroes is all I wanted.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767