As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Look at you, [chat]ter

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I don't even know where I'd go to buy fish

Wait there's a fish wholesaler a block away

Hmm

fun fact: contrary to what you hear on youtube cooking videos, grocery stores carry edible if not very ok meat and fish!

My local grocery store does not carry fish, sadly

What?!

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I have been obsessed with Yeasayer's I Am Chemistry since Abdhyius posted it.

it is so fucking crazy and good and ominous and exhilarating and dreadful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XzqCUbiPc4

NSFW

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    So, I’ve decided what I want to do with my life. I want to become a super lame supervillain.

I’m guessing I should pick a regional animal theme, so I’m guessing I should start hanging out with swamp creatures for inspiration

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

NSFW

Huh

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    So, I’ve decided what I want to do with my life. I want to become a super lame supervillain.

I’m guessing I should pick a regional animal theme, so I’m guessing I should start hanging out with swamp creatures for inspiration

An exciting career awaits you in the insurance industry

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    way to disrespect the x-men superhero "leech"

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Birth me daddy

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    my wireless mouse keeps cutting out every few seconds so i'm returning it but deliveries are taking so long that i'm just not bothered ordering another one

back to disgusting wires i suppose

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

Swamp villains are the good ones, though. The lame ones have a tedious backstory they won’t stop harping on about. Not swamp villains, they’re just born out of a swamp, and want to drag back to their swamp. Respectable, hardworking, workaday villains.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I like wires because then I won't get viruses like I heard someone caught hepatities from bluetooth

PSN: Honkalot
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Kiteman, hell yeah!

Trace on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I like wires because then I won't get viruses like I heard someone caught hepatities from bluetooth

We got an IT update asking us to stick with wired mice and keyboards to reduce the risk of hackers intercepting our signals and installing keyloggers or malware

Or at the very least, if we had already bought wireless peripherals, to not use them outside the house

Which felt like they had missed the point of why so many of us were buying new IT equipment in the first place

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

An exciting career awaits you in the insurance industry

The insurance industry aren't super villains. They're just villains.

And tbh the more I've looked into it they're like half-villains because for real it seems like the entirety of medical billing is fucked up beyond repair in this country. We're legit in burn it all to the ground and start over territory.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

We got an IT update asking us to stick with wired mice and keyboards to reduce the risk of hackers intercepting our signals and installing keyloggers or malware

Or at the very least, if we had already bought wireless peripherals, to not use them outside the house

Which felt like they had missed the point of why so many of us were buying new IT equipment in the first place

apparently my old company isn't letting people who are wfh take calls on floors in their house that have an amazon echo or a google nest

And here I am crying about 2FA to get vpn running.

Tav wrote: »

apparently my old company isn't letting people who are wfh take calls on floors in their house that have an amazon echo or a google nest

We've been asked to turn off any of those devices if we're on calls

We also have to unplug any smart TVs from the internet before using them as extra monitors

Which is fair enough - we're dealing with a lot of sensitive data

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Sarksus wrote: »

NSFW

I've been doing a chemistry exam this morning (addendum: fuck chemistry) and I've been playing this non-stop

covid student life has the advantage that one can blast music while taking an exam

I've been especially enjoying
    It's a gas, a sarin for high tea
    A C4H10FO2P puts you on your knees

because how often are chemical formulas used in lyrics

(that's the formula for Sarin)

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I did make a big ole sunday gravy with ground beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and everything. Plus meatballs. That was the sort of labor intensive thing I'd never normally do I guess. But all the photos of that are bad and I have too much respect for that sauce to shove out some grainy dark spycam footage of it.

gravy and meatballs probably aren't, in this case, as close to kjøttkaker i brun saus as I think it is, but it still made me want to take some time and make it from scratch, soon. Maybe tomorrow.

I haven't spent enough time enjoying cooking.

"sunday gravy" is just what crazy italian americans call a slow cooked meat based red tomato sauce

okay so it's not really a gravy either?

but also yeah I figured from the ingredients list. Brun saus is brown sauce, essentially, browned becamel with beef stock.

329860.jpg
    EDIT: this is not how it is served it's just a slightly overly fancy food photography thing of the process.

also, as far as I understand it, as a category, a gravy is a sauce made from the meat drippings, yes?

Summer makes this for me every now and then and it is ridiculously good.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I've been thinking about the hiphop side of things.
    There is now hiphop aimed at older crowds, even new acts coming up like Griselda, who are pretty much trying to capture the Wu-Tang crowd. Or someone like Royce da 5'9, who has been around forever but has really been gaining popularity in the last few years. Or Run The Jewels, it's no accident that they are associated with Rage against the Machine.
    There's space for it now that that hiphop is so dominant.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    edited May 2020
    syndalis wrote: »
    I did make a big ole sunday gravy with ground beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and everything. Plus meatballs. That was the sort of labor intensive thing I'd never normally do I guess. But all the photos of that are bad and I have too much respect for that sauce to shove out some grainy dark spycam footage of it.

gravy and meatballs probably aren't, in this case, as close to kjøttkaker i brun saus as I think it is, but it still made me want to take some time and make it from scratch, soon. Maybe tomorrow.

I haven't spent enough time enjoying cooking.

"sunday gravy" is just what crazy italian americans call a slow cooked meat based red tomato sauce

okay so it's not really a gravy either?

but also yeah I figured from the ingredients list. Brun saus is brown sauce, essentially, browned becamel with beef stock.

329860.jpg
    EDIT: this is not how it is served it's just a slightly overly fancy food photography thing of the process.

also, as far as I understand it, as a category, a gravy is a sauce made from the meat drippings, yes?

Summer makes this for me every now and then and it is ridiculously good.

does she use egg or not in kjøttkakene?

EDIT: there isn't a wrong answer here, but it is a divide

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited May 2020
    Orphane wrote: »

in case someone else like me liked most of the songs in this, but fucking hate twitter and it's atrocious interface, somebody in there made this

https://youtu.be/CRcqhWQUIag

EDIT: also yes I am also old enough to not need help knowing the old people tracks

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    With the furlough Fridays we are forbidden overtime, but have the ability to flex within self contained two week periods. Like if you bank time this week you need to take it out by end of next week basically. But people still keep slotting things first thing in the morning and then 4-5pm every day. I have like two days banked right now. Sure I could theoretically attend a meeting at 9 and then be off until 4 but I don’t want to do that.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The age old question

Dare i risk a wank, knowing in my dehydrated state the risk of triggering a series of abdominal cramps at a very inopportune moment?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    knitdan wrote: »
    The age old question

Dare i risk a wank, knowing in my dehydrated state the risk of triggering a series of abdominal cramps at a very inopportune moment?

This is the reason sports drinks were invented

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    The age old question

spurts drinks

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    With the furlough Fridays we are forbidden overtime, but have the ability to flex within self contained two week periods. Like if you bank time this week you need to take it out by end of next week basically. But people still keep slotting things first thing in the morning and then 4-5pm every day. I have like two days banked right now. Sure I could theoretically attend a meeting at 9 and then be off until 4 but I don’t want to do that.

Decline meetings

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Meetings are bad

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Decline meetings

These meetings are the type where I kind of can't decline.

I know it's physically possible, but you know the type.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Decline meetings

Subject: [Declined] Meeting about retooling the fs5 line
    Body: YOOOOOOOLOOOOOO

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    The best salmon is pan fried with lemon and dill and sour cream and butter/parsley potatoes

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    The age old question

spurts drinks

death of the [chat] means this will tragically never get the reactions it deserves

VishNub wrote: »
    The best salmon is pan fried with lemon and dill and sour cream and butter/parsley potatoes

I think the best salmon might be ginger miso glaze, but I don't like dill as a seasoning so I am perhaps broken in this regard.

I also don't like fennel or star anise

fite me

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I’ve never made a miso glaze work out well.

Probably because I keep trying to make it up/not follow a recipe, but it always ends up too thin and then the sugar burns and you have to end up babying the thing and it barely tastes of miso anyways

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ah yes, the joys of working with customers that vary greatly in size.

"Here's our shiny new design for showing Foobars!"

Big fish enterprise customer: * has 40,000 Foobars*

Design:

m7xy0jxkgdk2.jpg

• japanjapan Registered User regular

Decline meetings

Subject: [Declined] Meeting about retooling the fs5 line
    Body: YOOOOOOOLOOOOOO

TGIF(urlough)

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I also don't like fennel or star anise

fite me

Hehe neither do I

You now share an Atomika opinion

:rotate:

This discussion has been closed.