As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Oh my god, got my new computer up and running, shadow of tomb raider demo ran at all ultra settings and smooth as butter. So happy.

What spec was your new machine again?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Oh my god, got my new computer up and running, shadow of tomb raider demo ran at all ultra settings and smooth as butter. So happy.

"Running"

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

"Running"

Sorry. Already out-of-date.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'll wait for the remaster.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    From memory, the current version of HDMI is 4k@60hz, 1080@144hz

But if your cable of your monitor are older, you get downgraded to the "weakest link"

I had to use a DVI cable to get 1080p 144hz on my new monitor.

• Options
    CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    Snake Pass is free to keep on Humble for the next 2 days and 22 hours.

1ne0hi8oj4a1.jpg

Steam: Calidaria
  • Options
    Calescent wrote: »
    Snake Pass is free to keep on Humble for the next 2 days and 22 hours.

1ne0hi8oj4a1.jpg

@Elvenshae , @discrider , @xiears

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    New Humble Bundle up: Humble Codemasters Bundle 2020!

$1:

- GRID Autosport
    - Toybox Turbos
    - Overlord II
    - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Beat the Average:

- F1 2018
    - F1 2018 Headline Pack DLC
    - DiRT Rally
    - DiRT 4
    - DiRt 4 DLC - Team Booster Pack
    - DiRT 4 DLC - Hyundai R5 Rally Car

$15 or higher:

- F1 2019
    - DiRT Rally 2019

About the only thing I have any experience with on this bundle is Overlord II, and that's a pretty good little game for just a buck.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
  • Options

It never was.

If you already own it you can redownload it from https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect , but if you don't the simplest way is still just to get it on Origin and get the DLC bundle from there. ME2 having already been on Steam since release ironically complicates matters now.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Mass Effect is a "classic" game?

*looks over at shelf displaying boxes of Wing Commander 1-3, Privateer, et al*
    *turns to dust and blows away*

• Options
    edited June 2020
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    New Humble Bundle up: Humble Codemasters Bundle 2020!

$1:

- GRID Autosport
    - Toybox Turbos
    - Overlord II
    - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Beat the Average:

- F1 2018
    - F1 2018 Headline Pack DLC
    - DiRT Rally
    - DiRT 4
    - DiRt 4 DLC - Team Booster Pack
    - DiRT 4 DLC - Hyundai R5 Rally Car

$15 or higher:

- F1 2019
    - DiRT Rally 2019

About the only thing I have any experience with on this bundle is Overlord II, and that's a pretty good little game for just a buck.

Ones I've played:

$1:
    GRID Autosport - it's fine, just more GRID (from before the reboot, anyway)
    Toybox Turbos - Micro Machines without the license. Lots of fun and way better than the awful Micro Machines World Series.
    BTA:
    F1 2018 - Awesome.
    Dirt Rally - Awesome.
    $15:
    F1 2019 - Even more awesome.

The F1 games have been consistently, objectively great since the 2016 edition and have only improved each year (2020 is due out next month, incidentally, which is probably why this bundle is hitting now). 2018 is great for getting your feet wet at the incredibly low BTA price (£3.40 at present) and includes the DLC (two extra classic cars); if you're a Humble Choice subscriber, F1 2019 was already in that a few months back. (Edit: As was Dirt Rally 2.0, IIRC.)

Dirt Rally is probably the best rallying series out these days, although I've only played the first one.

The BTA, currently sitting very low, is probably the sweet spot; but $15/£12 for F1 2019 and Dirt Rally 2.0 is still very good.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    clas·sic
    /ˈklasik/

noun
    a work of art of recognized and established value.

Yes. Yes it is. By one definition of classic. :wink:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    probably the final reminder.

PAGT group. 24 hours to go. Open until noon PST tomorrow. 3 copies
    signature.png

Here are a couple Steam reviews to whet your appetite. (89% positive reviews)
    If this was released in 1998 it would have been a classic. We'd be talking about it like we talk about Chrono Trigger and FFIV. This game is amazing and has so many weakness of old turn based RPGs fixed up in clever systems. The style system encourages ramp up, while the refresh system forced variety. The ability system gives an easy opportunity to try new builds.

It isn't perfect. There's a lot of little UX problems like knowing what buffs and debuffs you or your enemies currently have, but the UX is still wildly better than the old RPGs i used to play :p
    This is one of the best old school RPG's I have played in a long time, it reminded me of chrono trigger but a bit smoother graphics i just hope that the awesome team at Zeboyd Games keep making gems like this one, I am about to go and download their new game Cthulhu Saves Christmas and hopefully have just as good an experience playing it too.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Mass Effect is as old now as Pac-Man was when the first Doom came out.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Mass Effect is as old now as Pac-Man was when the first Doom came out.

Doom turned 25 back in 2018.

• Options
    I'll wait for the remaster.

I'll take the remaster on PC and Xbox, and any version of the trilogy on Switch, please.

• Options
    People in the Switch thread are asking about CrossCode, which hits consoles next month. You know, if anyone wanted to drop in and wax lyrical about how awesome it is (despite my deep respect for it, I haven't played enough of it and I'm not the right person to do that).

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Picked up Outward to try and fill my need for RPGs that let you wander around and poke around at things. This is definitely some Eurojank survival RPG stuff.

First I missed out on some items by going to sleep on a bedroll in the starter area at the advice of an NPC. That ends your time in the starter area.

So I restarted, did stuff around the starting city, went outside the city games for the first time, saw one of the white flightless birds I saw in pens in the city, and promptly got nearly killed by the flightless bird when it charged me.

Afterwards, I bumped into two bandits. I killed one and was "killed" by the other. In this case, I was rescued by a wandering huntress and came to back at home.

This is going to be an odd and interesting experience.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Picked up Outward to try and fill my need for RPGs that let you wander around and poke around at things. This is definitely some Eurojank survival RPG stuff.

First I missed out on some items by going to sleep on a bedroll in the starter area at the advice of an NPC. That ends your time in the starter area.

So I restarted, did stuff around the starting city, went outside the city games for the first time, saw one of the white flightless birds I saw in pens in the city, and promptly got nearly killed by the flightless bird when it charged me.

Afterwards, I bumped into two bandits. I killed one and was "killed" by the other. In this case, I was rescued by a wandering huntress and came to back at home.

This is going to be an odd and interesting experience.

Outward was pretty fun and I really enjoyed my time with it... for a janky but interesting approach to open-world gaming. I'll go back to it at some point...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    People in the Switch thread are asking about CrossCode, which hits consoles next month. You know, if anyone wanted to drop in and wax lyrical about how awesome it is (despite my deep respect for it, I haven't played enough of it and I'm not the right person to do that).

I just started in earnest, currently about 13 hours in. Its so good. Like, soooooooooooo good. Very much like the old Ys games pre-3D, and very akin to my memory of Secret of Mana, which might be wrong because its been ~20 years.

So good.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    The itch.io Racial Justice bundle is knocking at the door of its $5,000,000 target with still four and a half days to go.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    clas·sic
    /ˈklasik/

noun

'Classic rock' is anything over twenty years. So 'classic video games' must obviously be something you remember playing that one time back when.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    'Classic rock' is anything over twenty years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjiyq25crAQ

• Options
    McMoogle wrote: »

I just started in earnest, currently about 13 hours in. Its so good. Like, soooooooooooo good. Very much like the old Ys games pre-3D, and very akin to my memory of Secret of Mana, which might be wrong because its been ~20 years.

So good.

I can try to drop in and discuss. I think I'm about half way through the story. I keep getting distracted by treasure hunting (not a bad thing).

Also I can't find a solid guide for the Circuits (basically the abilities/talents).

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    The itch.io Racial Justice bundle is knocking at the door of its $5,000,000 target with still four and a half days to go.

People and companies are still asking for their games/books/other stuff to be added. Checking now, they've added another 43 games since last night. I checked out the thread on their forums where people are asking for their stuff to be added and found one item of particular interest:

https://itch.io/post/1524854
    I would like to submit Pyre:

https://supergiant-games.itch.io/pyre

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Some fresh reviews seems to approve of Disintegration's multiplayer FPS/RTS heresy.

I will thoroughly play it before I explain it in a post. Beware, as expected, it is multiplayer focused.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options

It never was.

If you already own it you can redownload it from https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect , but if you don't the simplest way is still just to get it on Origin and get the DLC bundle from there. ME2 having already been on Steam since release ironically complicates matters now.

That's my point. They added 3 and the DLC for 3 but two is still in that weird split store limbo

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    clas·sic
    /ˈklasik/

noun

'Classic rock' is anything over twenty years. So 'classic video games' must obviously be something you remember playing that one time back when.

Hard disagree. When I listen to the classic rock station I definitely don't hear any music from 2000.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

It never was.

That's my point. They added 3 and the DLC for 3 but two is still in that weird split store limbo

Pretty sure the only way they could potentially fix that now is by replacing the Steam version of ME2 altogether with the Origin version linked through Steam.

They'd have to make a new DLC bundle build for native Steam - and at that point the Steam version of the game would need an update to support both solutions too, without them clashing. Which seems like kind of a crazy can of worms.

Or you can just plug your Steam CD key into Origin (I assume that still works) and you're set to just pick up the DLC and rock out. Honestly it's much, much simpler that way, the only caveat is needing Origin (which you need anyway for ME3 regardless of whether you buy it on Steam or Origin).

• Options
    Caedwyr wrote: »

People and companies are still asking for their games/books/other stuff to be added. Checking now, they've added another 43 games since last night. I checked out the thread on their forums where people are asking for their stuff to be added and found one item of particular interest:

No seriously. Drop everything and buy this bundle even if there's only a hint of getting Pyre. That game alone is worth its full price.

• Options

No seriously. Drop everything and buy this bundle even if there's only a hint of getting Pyre. That game alone is worth its full price.

Done. I decided it was a $20 bundle.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    jclast wrote: »
    clas·sic
    /ˈklasik/

noun

Hard disagree. When I listen to the classic rock station I definitely don't hear any music from 2000.

The programming on Classic Rock stations has barely changed in 20 years. As a genre, it was solidified in the 90s to give boomers something to listen to other than grunge. Loosely encompassing the era between Elvis and Nirvana.

In terms of video games, HL2 is a classic (and has been considered a classic pretty much since it came out) and it's only 3 years older than ME1. HL2:E2 and Portal came out the month before ME1.

But lets face it, when people say "classics" usually they just mean "good stuff from when I was in high school"

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

Done. I decided it was a $20 bundle.

I went away for lunch and when I came back they have now broken the $5,000,000 mark, there are now 1,639 items in the bundle, and Pyre is now part of the bundle.

• Options
    clas·sic
    /ˈklasik/

noun

The programming on Classic Rock stations has barely changed in 20 years. As a genre, it was solidified in the 90s to give boomers something to listen to other than grunge. Loosely encompassing the era between Elvis and Nirvana.

In terms of video games, HL2 is a classic (and has been considered a classic pretty much since it came out) and it's only 3 years older than ME1. HL2:E2 and Portal came out the month before ME1.

But lets face it, when people say "classics" usually they just me "good stuff from when I was in high school"

Sooo.... Ultima IV & V and The Bard's Tale trilogy.

Checks out.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with Wraith Stealth Cooler, Gigabyte B450 Aorus M Motherboard, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6GB graphics card, 16GB Team T-Force Delta RGB 3200MHz memory, 256GB ADATA XPG SX8100 SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda hard drive, Cooler Master Silencio S400 Mid Tower Tempered Glass Case

Also got this monitor
    ASUS TUF VG27AQ 27inch, 1440p

• Options
    clas·sic
    /ˈklasik/

noun

But lets face it, when people say "classics" usually they just me "good stuff from when I was in high school"

Sooo.... Ultima IV & V and The Bard's Tale trilogy.

Checks out.

King's Quest and Duke Nukem I + II

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Please allow me to direct your attention to Stray, an upcoming third-person adventure game where you are a stray cat. With a backpack.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.