As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    PC gaming is great....when everything works.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Space game was fun, yes. Has it really been that long?

O captain my captain, it has been a while, captain

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Calescent wrote: »
    Four Kings One War is free to keep until May 19 at 12am Pacific time (so really May 18 at 11:59pm, I think).

w0xtigecdsgs.jpg

I'm not falling for that one again...

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    So Pixie was just picking the targets then?
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    tkfLnMr.png
    • Be civil.
    • This thread is for Steam-related discussion. Try to look for other, more appropriate threads before discussing games or other topics in here. Let's not drain other threads of precious content!
    • If you feel someone's acting inappropriately, then quietly report the responsible parties to forum mods.
    • Don't post links to active kickstarters without prior mod permission. Forum-wide rule.
    • Linking your Steam profile in your sig will help community members find you, see what kinds of games you like, invite you to MP games, etc.
    • Do not beg for games.
    • Pixies are not to be trusted.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

This is true. I miss the days of buying a game, coming home, and immediately putting the cart/disc in the slot and playing right away.I still feel like we've gone backwards in some ways.

Although this doesn't even happen with consoles anymore either, so I guess I might as well have the option of browsing PA or looking up mods while the game downloads/installs.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    So Pixie was just picking the targets then?
    tkfLnMr.png
    • Be civil.
    • This thread is for Steam-related discussion. Try to look for other, more appropriate threads before discussing games or other topics in here. Let's not drain other threads of precious content!
    • If you feel someone's acting inappropriately, then quietly report the responsible parties to forum mods.
    • Don't post links to active kickstarters without prior mod permission. Forum-wide rule.
    • Linking your Steam profile in your sig will help community members find you, see what kinds of games you like, invite you to MP games, etc.
    • Do not beg for games.
    • Pixies are not to be trusted.

Pixies are absolutely trustworthy.

Trust me.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Playing windowed with 2 monitors feels like having 2 computers sometimes.

Game on main monitor, Browser (Twitch, guides, forums, etc.), Steam chat, and other utilities on the second.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Can someone explain the best way to start conan exiles? Should I jump into a server or go single player first? I've gone into a couple servers and I am so confused.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Pixies are absolutely trustworthy.
    Trust me.
    Isorn wrote: »
    Also more people should join this group and the chat.
    Join us. We have cookies.
    AE0F35A692531419F4ED4026B69BC60B7BC9569F

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Can someone explain the best way to start conan exiles? Should I jump into a server or go single player first? I've gone into a couple servers and I am so confused.

Spend 3 hrs making characters and playing with dong sliders. Then go to Pixie's server.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

This is true. I miss the days of buying a game, coming home, and immediately putting the cart/disc in the slot and playing right away.I still feel like we've gone backwards in some ways.

Although this doesn't even happen with consoles anymore either, so I guess I might as well have the option of browsing PA or looking up mods while the game downloads/installs.

I've just been having technical issues lately and getting fussy. PC gaming is still great, and a majority of the time everything just works (and I don't know a ton, but I know enough to make ini tweaks or mod things, like replacing the overly loud modern Sega splash screen with the classic Genesis era Sega splash screen)

Even if I was willing to upgrade my rig, just can't bring myself to upgrade any time soon when I know the new consoles are coming and PC tech is always outclassed by consoles for a little bit, at least at first.

Right now, I don't need all the bells and whistles of pc gaming, but at bare minimum I need my PC to stop hard locking while playing Yakuza 0. It's not a graphical powerhouse, and it's killing the pacing of the story when I have to reset my PC constantly.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    So Pixie was just picking the targets then? Dover fools us all again

The only safe way is to never speak

That's what I do. Never speak and don't let anyone know my Steam name. Worked so far.

Joking aside, this is a pretty great community of folks that it's fun to be connected to. Even if you don't want to play MP or coop, even if you don't want to gift or be gifted, even if Steam chat is not your thing or you don't want to be a character in an LP or thread game of some sort, I would encourage folks who post on the PA forums even intermitently and play Steam games to have some other PA friends.

I mean, encourage might be too strong. Do what you want, engage how you will, and you are still welcome. How about I encourage you to consider it? :)

Anyway, I love this community a lot. Folks are welcome to send me a friend invitation via Steam (link to my profile in my sig) or PM me a link to their Steam profile and I can friend you (and add you to the Penny Arcade and G&T Adventure Team groups if you want.) Advantage of the second option is that I know who you are on PA if your Steam handle is different from your PA moniker.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options

Single player has one significant drawback: time stops when you're not playing. So stuff you're crafting that takes a very long time to complete (and times get longer and longer with more advanced stuff) is never going to finish. You can get around this if you want by editing your server settings to make crafting things basically instant if you want, though.

The game is definitely built around playing on public servers with other people. Or at least, a private server with other people. That's the "intended" experience. I'm a hermit, so I play on my own private server (with my kids). A lot of the game is wasted on me as a result.

If you don't mind people... go find a server.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    There are games I stopped playing like 20 years ago because I couldn’t figure out how to get past something and refused to look up hints. I’m real stubborn.

One of these days I’ll beat Tex Murphy: Overseer.

And the later Tex games even have their hint systems built in!

I know! And I refused to use that too!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    There are games I stopped playing like 20 years ago because I couldn’t figure out how to get past something and refused to look up hints. I’m real stubborn.

Everybody is free to choose to play how they wish.

For everybody else, there is Universal Hint System.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So guys, is there a discussion thread anywhere on the PA forums to discuss level creation using the source toolkit? With the release of the Half-life Alyx tools, I think a lot of people would be interested (including myself) but know nothing about how to get started. Like, im even unclear on how to download the tools. it says to right click on HL:A, DLC and select it from that list but its not showing up in my list.

Anyway, does some kind person who knows how this works want to setup a thread with some nice tutorial info?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

Everybody is free to choose to play how they wish.

For everybody else, there is Universal Hint System.

UHS often manages to make me feel dumber as I click through the hints still not understanding what the heck I'm supposed to do.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Weird, mine looks different.
    tkfLnMr.png
    This is a big, busy thread. There are some guidelines to keep things nice and orderly:
    • Be civil.
    • Do not beg for games.
    • Pixies are to be trusted above all others.

On survival games (Ark, Conan, etc) - Sadly, every time I've played on a pub server, I've gotten raided, ganked, camped, and generally had a bad time filtering out comments from immature idiots. As always, your mileage may vary, but for me - private servers are the way to go. Snag some friends, find a community, but in my opinion avoid pub servers at all costs.

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    Oh, you're right! I must have made a mistake while quoting it. My bad. It looks like pixies are trustworthy beings after all.
    Blink twice if she is standing behind you.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Tales of Zestiria is on sale over at GMG for only eleven bucks.

I got Tales fever and the only prescription is more Tales.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    tkfLnMr.png
    This is a big, busy thread. There are some guidelines to keep things nice and orderly:
    • Be civil.
    • Do not beg for games.
    • Pixies are to be trusted above all others.

On survival games (Ark, Conan, etc) - Sadly, every time I've played on a pub server, I've gotten raided, ganked, camped, and generally had a bad time filtering out comments from immature idiots. As always, your mileage may vary, but for me - private servers are the way to go. Snag some friends, find a community, but in my opinion avoid pub servers at all costs.

Stick to PVE servers so some jackass can build a high fence around your base with no gate.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Weekend bump/reminder for this. Signups are going well, room for plenty more. Taking signups till Monday afternoon.
    ByxUn3i.jpg
    I'm soliciting competitors for the 2nd semi-annual Rock Paper Scissors Death Match Tournament.
    I'll take requests to join the bracket until let's say Monday 5/18 5pm pacific time. Send me a PM to join don't just post it here in the thread because I may not catch it.
    Then depending on how many takers there are I'll generate a tournament bracket.

The rules are pretty simple, when your match comes up, I'll send you a pm asking if you'd like to throw rock paper or scissors, and then we'll see who wins along with the best images I can steal off of google image search and low grade photoshop skills. Understandably folks won't be online all the time. We'll give let's say 24 hours or so for a response between throws. We'll cross that bridge when it comes to it. If you're in here semi-frequently, it shouldn't be a problem. The top 4 contenders will get some prizes. The main thing being bragging rights, but I can usually throw in a little something extra.[/quote]

• Options
    CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Calescent wrote: »
    Four Kings One War is free to keep until May 19 at 12am Pacific time (so really May 18 at 11:59pm, I think).

w0xtigecdsgs.jpg

I'm not falling for that one again...

I'm feeling dense; what are you avoiding falling for? Have you decided to stop collecting free games that you never plan to play?

Steam: Calidaria
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Got Symphonia free with Zestiria, it seems.

Shame it wasn't a separate code, would have liked to have given it away since I already beat Symphonia back in the day.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    So guys, is there a discussion thread anywhere on the PA forums to discuss level creation using the source toolkit? With the release of the Half-life Alyx tools, I think a lot of people would be interested (including myself) but know nothing about how to get started. Like, im even unclear on how to download the tools. it says to right click on HL:A, DLC and select it from that list but its not showing up in my list.

Anyway, does some kind person who knows how this works want to setup a thread with some nice tutorial info?

Infinite train track, you never leave the train, can add new cars, or armor up old ones.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Shame it wasn't a separate code, would have liked to have given it away since I already beat Symphonia back in the day.

All you need is Vespiria to complete your collection.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

All you need is Vespiria to complete your collection.
    Of the PC ports anyway.

Still need:

-Destiny
    -Vespiria
    -Eternia
    -Legendia
    -Innocence
    -Hearts R
    -Graces
    -Xillia 1 & 2

Ordered a copy of Phantasia (PSX version) that should arrive next week. Never played any of the 2D Tales before but I loved Star Ocean 2 so pretty curious to see how I feel about that one.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Car Mechanic Simulator '18 is actually kind of chill.

The techno/club soundtrack...not so much.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    there I was in chat, minding my own business, when I was SUDDENLY MONSTERED BY A MONSTEROUS CONSPIRACY!
    jyZQS5A.jpg
    thanks @Pixelated Pixie (and @CorriganX ) for the help with my poor decision making skills <3<3<3

• Options
    Yeah, but notice how trustworthy the pixie is? It even says so right there.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie is a bad seed, confirmed! Very untrustworthly and not at all innocent!
    pf3oam7k6qmb.jpg
    Thank you very much for the Bad Seed dlc for Dead Cells, one of the best games ever! <3<3

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Infinite train track, you never leave the train, can add new cars, or armor up old ones.

uh... what?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    s5caf2vxr0a1.png

I asked for cupcakes.

This is not edible.

But thanks @Zavian anyway! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Joking aside, this is a pretty great community of folks that it's fun to be connected to. Even if you don't want to play MP or coop, even if you don't want to gift or be gifted, even if Steam chat is not your thing or you don't want to be a character in an LP or thread game of some sort, I would encourage folks who post on the PA forums even intermitently and play Steam games to have some other PA friends.

I mean, encourage might be too strong. Do what you want, engage how you will, and you are still welcome. How about I encourage you to consider it? :)

As a quieter person online, I can say this is 100% true. Don't need to be a regular participant or a social butterfly. It's just a welcoming, semi-wholesome group of people who can't be trusted. 11/10, would gift again.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Yep, I pop in randomly and chat with good people. I try to remember to pop in more often, but it seems that I tend to show up when people post here to come join chat.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    I'm sorta tempted to get RDR2 on PC since I thought it played like garbage with a controller and think maybe it'll be better on PC. But I still dunno if I'd be able to run it that well. GPU is hands down enough, but my CPU is starting to show its age a bit. it's an i5-4690K which I think is above the minimum but I want to be sure because even on sale it's a little pricey.

Yeah I got it on the ps4, but it didnt really click with me. I got that PS4 with my phone deal and I didnt really gel with console gaming, Might also get it for the pc.

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Ok tested the new beast with Doom on max in 4k. I have no words. The fans did not even flinch..

This is DOOM 2016? Because from what I hear, that game can basically run shockingly well on a toaster.

It was, but I doubt it can run on a toaster in 4k. But yeah I was surprised at the lack of fan spinup.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options

b1iezdo3uk8p.png

Out of curiosity... is Steam chat doing this for anyone else?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    b1iezdo3uk8p.png

Yes, all the time

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    b1iezdo3uk8p.png

Yes folks, it's true, I'm still playing slay the spire

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
This discussion has been closed.