As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Just announced is Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, a Jet Set Radio spiritual successor, much to probably a lot of peoples delight:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1353230/Bomb_Rush_Cyberfunk/

I've never played any of the Jet Set Radio games, so I'm hoping this lives up to that legacy. They've already got Hideki Nagamura for the music, which is a great start.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Just announced is Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, a Jet Set Radio spiritual successor, much to probably a lot of peoples delight:

https://twi tter.com/ReptileGames/status/1285953766861287424

Fucking... Yo. This is awesome.

TetraNitroCubanejungleroomxIanatorStolls
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    T-Danger wrote: »

I've never played any of the Jet Set Radio games, so I'm hoping this lives up to that legacy. They've already got Hideki Nagamura for the music, which is a great start.

But did they get Deavid Soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XnkLA4pz-c

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
    TetraNitroCubanecj iwakura
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    just want to send a shoutout to @Antoshka for the unexpected gift of Necrobarista
    You sir are a gentleman of exceptional class.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    KalnaurBetsuniElvenshaePixelated PixieJazzMNC DoverStormwatcherMadicanMassenaIanatorStollsEd GrubermanQuestorTalus9952an_altKarozemp123HerothKoopahTroopahCorsiniTeeManRoyceSraphim
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    whoa it's literally just Jet Set Radio

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    jungleroomxSyngyneElvenshaeStollsQuestorStabbity Stylecooljammer00KoopahTroopah
  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm actually very ok with this

steam_sig.png
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    So what're some thoughts on heat management in Battletech? It feels like it's hard to quickly disengage, vent heat for a turn, and get back in the fight, so I've been trying to build for heat efficiency to be able to last through enough turns of continuous alpha striking to get a mech or two down. I was wondering if there were some other approaches that have worked out for people.

I tend to build slightly over heat neutral. I figured if need be, I can turn off 1 weapon for a turn or two while still going almost full alpha.

steam_sig.png
    IoloElvenshae
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Oh whoops, thought I had posted this already but forgot to
    8as0s9ici0k9.jpg

Thanks to @Spoit for some questionable VR content!

MNC DoverJazzElvenshaebloodatonementHerothIanatorMugsleyStollsPixelated PixieBetsuniStormwatcherKalnaurKoopahTroopahSteel AngelTalus9952an_alt
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Humble Daedalic Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/daedalic-2020?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_4

$1:

The Night of the Rabbit
    Fire!
    A Year of Rain

BTA:

Cryofall
    State of Mind
    The Great Perhaps
    AER: Memories of Old

$15:

Iratus: Lord of the Dead
    The Suicide of Rachel Foster
    Iron Danger
    Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

Anybody ever play any of these, are they any good?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    KarozTalus9952
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Honestly I don’t blame him. If he has the money, at his age and his body type he could get very sick from Covid, so probably the better place to be. Like yeah it sucks that inequality is shaping who gets the brunt of the virus, but as an individual I don’t blame him one bit

FremFencingsaxJaysonFourElvenshaeDrovekStabbity StyleThawmuscooljammer00MNC DoverPolaritieKoopahTroopah
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Been playing FF4 for the first time while on vacation. Today's vacation activities ended with my left hand wrapped in an ace bandage. Couple seconds in the Stream Controller config and now my right pad is movement and I can run FF4 mostly one handed. I really under-utilize the custom configuration option.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    MugsleyCorriganXElvenshaeBetsunicooljammer00KalnaurMNC DoverDrovekTalus9952an_alt
  • QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Finally get to the PC after getting home from a LOOONG day at work, having food and spending some time with the wife, and I find a green envelope!

lwrt94kwyirk.jpg

@Antoshka being naughty! Thanks so much for Necrobarista, this was a game I had been keeping an eye on since playing the demo at PAX Aus last year. Of course I hope you realise, this means war... :P

steam_sig.png
    Pixelated PixieElvenshaeMugsleydestroyah87BetsuniStormwatchercB557HerothKalnaurMNC DoverKarozKoopahTroopahCorsiniemp123JazzIanatorMadicanStollsCommander ZoomTalus9952an_altcj iwakuraRoyceSraphim
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Humble Daedalic Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/daedalic-2020?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_4

$1:

The Night of the Rabbit
    Fire!
    A Year of Rain

BTA:

Cryofall
    State of Mind
    The Great Perhaps
    AER: Memories of Old

$15:

Iratus: Lord of the Dead
    The Suicide of Rachel Foster
    Iron Danger
    Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

Anybody ever play any of these, are they any good?

I only played Iratus, at its core it's very much the Darkest Dungeon clone it looks like it is. The big difference however is that the gameplay mode is somewhat more roguelike - you're kind of forced down the story path with a preset number of battles between bosses, no real opportunities to farm or prepare outside of the battles you're provided with. The expectation is that if you are struggling and/or not able to catch up then the game is just going to slam you into a wall, and you'll just have to do better on your next run with any monsters you may have unlocked on previous playthroughs. I found it okay, but I didn't really have that "one more game" feeling that I did with Darkest Dungeon.

Karoz
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Questor wrote: »
    Finally get to the PC after getting home from a LOOONG day at work, having food and spending some time with the wife, and I find a green envelope!

[img]https: //us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/bu/lwrt94kwyirk.jpg[/img]

Antoshka being naughty! Thanks so much for Necrobarista, this was a game I had been keeping an eye on since playing the demo at PAX Aus last year. Of course I hope you realise, this means war... :P

Only a fool engages in a gift war with Antoshka...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    BetsuniStormwatcherJaysonFourKoopahTroopahJazzIanatorStollsCommander ZoomTalus9952an_alt
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Kinda teed that one up for @Questor
    CClu1Qw.png

ElvenshaePixelated PixieDrovekMugsleyBetsunibloodatonementStormwatcherHerothKalnaurMNC DoverKarozKoopahTroopahCorsiniemp123JazzIanatorMadicanStollsCommander ZoomBedlamTalus9952an_alt
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Ode to Nobody:

ElvenshaeKoopahTroopahJazzStollsCommander ZoomBedlamTeeManRoyceSraphim
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Ok, why is Steam scheduling my updates to two weeks away unless I hit the download button? BL3 would've waited until 7th of August to update itself.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Ok, why is Steam scheduling my updates to two weeks away unless I hit the download button? BL3 would've waited until 7th of August to update itself.

They've probably been getting complaints from people who have Steam on their autostart list and got their ultra important Zoom meeting ruined because something decided to update.

KalnaurBetsuniMirkelSteel Angelcooljammer00Fencingsax
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Been playing FF4 for the first time while on vacation. Today's vacation activities ended with my left hand wrapped in an ace bandage. Couple seconds in the Stream Controller config and now my right pad is movement and I can run FF4 mostly one handed. I really under-utilize the custom configuration option.

I think this is the true legacy of the Steam Controller, the feature of being able to change essentially any input on any modern console controller for use with PC games.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

ElvenshaeJaysonFourbloodatonementcooljammer00
    oh

oh no

no no no

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ThawmusAntoshkaElvenshaeKarozZxerolJazzQuestorStollsCommander ZoomMugsleyTeeManpainfulPleasanceStormwatcherFencingsaxKoopahTroopahKetarRoyceSraphim
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    oh

oh no

no no no

All I hear is WOPR asking if you would like to play a game.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    ThawmusElvenshaeJazzStollsCommander ZoomMugsleyan_altFencingsaxKoopahTroopahRoyceSraphim
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    oh

oh no

no no no

Actually, yes, as it turns out.

steam_sig.png
    ThawmusElvenshaeStollsMugsleyJaysonFourBetsuniFencingsaxKoopahTroopah
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I'm still hype about Everwild <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_In3BHb3tdc

Love the art style and hanging out with cool fantasy animals sounds chill as fuck.

Stabbity_Style.png
    ElvenshaeThawmusIanatorBetsuniKoopahTroopah
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »

Bandwidth saving measure they introduced pretty early on in the pandemic. Games you regularly play get updated on a normal schedule but those you've installed but don't play you monster get less priority so there aren't multiple downloads for a game before you even touch it next in 2 months.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    MirkelThawmusElvenshaeMugsleycooljammer00
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Taking about battletech, it's in the $12 tier of the humble paradox bundle that started today

That said, for most paradox games, if recommend waiting until they have a bundle with the dlc

steam_sig.png
    MugsleyElvenshaeBetsuniV1m
    Was this linked already and I missed it?

https://youtu.be/oVkSZXPklQ4

This is hilarious.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    an_alt
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    oh

oh no

no no no

dsBQ

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    KalnaurIanatorPolaritieThawmusemp123MNC DoverStollsMugsleyElvenshaean_altHerothBetsuniStormwatcherFencingsaxKoopahTroopah
  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Taking about battletech, it's in the $12 tier of the humble paradox bundle that started today

That said, for most paradox games, if recommend waiting until they have a bundle with the dlc

If you just want to do the campaign once the DLCs add next to nothing to that. They are mostly for the sandbox career mode.

IoloElvenshae
    Is there a proper term for these games comprised of tiny pixels (i.e. Noita, Carrion, Wizard of Legends, and Dead Cells)?

I feel like I've been seeing a lot of it lately. As opposed to games like Axiom verge which has more traditional pixels.

steam_sig.png
    Thawmus
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Is there a proper term for these games comprised of tiny pixels (i.e. Noita, Carrion, Wizard of Legends, and Dead Cells)?

I feel like I've been seeing a lot of it lately. As opposed to games like Axiom verge which has more traditional pixels.

Higher resolution.

Elvenshaean_altKoopahTroopah
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Questor wrote: »

[img]https: //us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/bu/lwrt94kwyirk.jpg[/img]

Antoshka being naughty! Thanks so much for Necrobarista, this was a game I had been keeping an eye on since playing the demo at PAX Aus last year. Of course I hope you realise, this means war... :P

Only a fool engages in a gift war with Antoshka...

Way back when Antoshka first friended me I decided the best way to respond to such hostility was to gift him the second I hit accept on the friend request.

Would not recommend.

CroakerBCSpoitdestroyah87KarozStollsCommander ZoomMugsleyElvenshaeTalus9952IanatorMalakaiusBetsuniFencingsaxKoopahTroopahRoyceSraphim
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I think he's referring to the pixel art style they use in those games.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

I know, I was being cheeky.

ThawmusElvenshaean_altKoopahTroopah
    Technically, I guess, Dead Cells and Axiom Verge look about the same as far as dot pitch goes.

Thawmus

We don't abide being cheeky around here.

steam_sig.png
    jungleroomxThawmusCommander ZoomElvenshaeBetsuniKoopahTroopah
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

Well I was being obtuse, so there!

Twitch: Thawmus83
    jungleroomxElvenshaeKoopahTroopah

Well I was being obtuse, so there!

xy5086482nj1.png

McMoogleKarozStollsCommander ZoomMugsleyElvenshaeTcheldorJazzIanatorThawmusBetsuniFencingsaxKoopahTroopahRoyceSraphim
This discussion has been closed.