As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Since I'm talking BT (again), can't help but note that I was recently tempted to stop playing...

ymzPUaj.png

:wink:
    Just make a new account and buy Battletech again.

IoloCorsiniDrovekFencingsaxJazzStollsBetsuniJoe Camacho MKIIElvenshae
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Since I'm talking BT (again), can't help but note that I was recently tempted to stop playing...

ymzPUaj.png

Keep playing. Go for 31337.

Steel AngelIoloMNC DoverStollsEvmaAlsarKoopahTroopahBetsuniStormwatcherElvenshae
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

ymzPUaj.png

Keep playing. Go for 31337.

OK, the last "CH" doesn't quite fit, but what the heck.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    an_altPolaritieStollsBetsuni
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Alright, I'm on it.

Tell my wife and kids I love them.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    MugsleybloodatonementCommander ZoomMNC DoverJazzPolaritieFencingsaxStollsCorsiniKalnaurBetsuniTalus9952ThawmusStormwatcherElvenshae
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    When are Harebrained Schemes going to make another Shadowrun? :(

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Elvenshae
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Alright, I'm on it.

Tell my wife and kids I love them.

They will have to settle for 'hello'.

SpoitStollsBetsuni
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    m229r6v4jhsd.png
    This weapon i got in Panzer Paladin makes me simultaneously giddy and angry.

Giddy because look at it.

Angry because the spell it has is not full heal.

(Panzer Paladin has a mechanic where if you beat the Horseman, a miniboss that appears in every level, you get a random weapon designed by another player. This is on such wepon)

IoloMugsleycB557PolaritieIanatorKarozFencingsaxStollsJaysonFourKoopahTroopahBetsuniJoe Camacho MKIIElvenshae
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    For some reason the moment I read this headline I thought of @Pixelated Pixie ...

McMoogleKoopahTroopahcB557RoyceSraphimStormwatcher
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    For some reason the moment I read this headline I thought of @Pixelated Pixie ...

I doubt that's all that much sketchier than trash can turkey.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    For some reason the moment I read this headline I thought of "Pixelated Pixie" ...

For clarity, Succubus is a followup game to Agony, that pretty disappointing shock-value horror game that came out a while back.

Oh and the article elaborates further on the tweet.
    Everything about Succubus is of course an explosion at the edgelord factory, from the terrible dialogue delivered by chainsmokers, to the way it labels a pregnant woman a "first aid kit" then makes you rip out her fetus for hit points, to the... look, just imagine me gesturing at everything else.

Donnicton on
    MugsleyMNC DovercB557cooljammer00
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Yeah I already played and completed the Succubus demo. I have a review of it on Steam.

I loved it. Can't wait for the full game.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    DirtyboyFencingsax
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    A succubus game where you don’t drain men’s “vital essences”? Disappointed.

Stabbity StyleTeeMan
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Um... well... not in the demo, anyway. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I pulled Fantasy Strike out of my backlog (I have played it and I already know its good.) Its just there's a spike of online players now.

Its a 2D anime fighter for those who hate the oppressiveness of 2D anime fighters (raises hand.) Which is exactly what the devs were going for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS7womgF80g

Note the health bar. Characters can only take an exact rigid number of hits based on how "heavy" they are. Players can't crouch. It is heavily focused on footsies and neutrals over extravagant 50% executables (while keeping the wacky aesthetics of something like Guilty Gear Xrd.)

A fun mechanic: the Yomi counter. You counter throws by holding still and not pressing anything.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    DrovekMNC DoverKoopahTroopahIanatorBetsuniTalus9952cB557Elvenshae
    A succubus game where you don’t drain men’s “vital essences”? That sucks!

IT WAS RIGHT THERE!

SyngyneMaguanoBetsuniFencingsaxMugsleyTalus9952Elvenshae
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hey now, you can totally take half of the HP off some characters in one combo... some of them are that squishy.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Seeing games set in Hell that are just kind of blandly red is disappointing. I'd love to see more people have fun with weird metaphysical spaces, rather than just having it be like a desert canyon but also there are bones on the walls.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    Kalnaurdestroyah87StollsIanatorFencingsaxpainfulPleasance
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Seeing games set in Hell that are just kind of blandly red is disappointing. I'd love to see more people have fun with weird metaphysical spaces, rather than just having it be like a desert canyon but also there are bones on the walls.

Hieronymus Bosch doesn't work cheap.

FencingsaxElvenshae

Look, man, how do you know it's real if it isn't brown and dull?

FencingsaxElvenshaepainfulPleasance
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Wouldn't that be true to hell for you though?

steam_sig.png
    Kalnaurdurandal4532
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I've said it before but I want my hellscapes to look like a Paolo Girardi painting come to life, and so far nobody has been up to that task. The moment that happens I will purchase the $200 more-money-than-brains edition without question.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    What was the 360 game? My brain insists on calling it Baby's First God of War... It kind of went nuts with a mix of HR Geiger (there was a giant penis monster with human hands for a body and mouths everywhere) and Dante Alighieri (with details like it getting colder as you went deeper rather than hotter and a Greek poet explaining the history and occupants).

Hevach on
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure an accurate portrayal of hell would be a crowded DMV.

KalnaurBetsuni
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    What was the 360 game? My brain insists on calling it Baby's First God of War... It kind of went nuts with a mix of HR Geiger (there was a giant penis monster with human hands for a body and mouths everywhere) and Dante Alighieri (with details like it getting colder as you went deeper rather than hotter and a Greek poet explaining the history and occupants).

Dante's Inferno, and it had some great level art. I particularly liked the Greed level since it was all gold and shiny.

Hevachdurandal4532Fencingsax
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Dante's Inferno?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

HevachFencingsax
    That's the one. That's... Actually pretty obvious because I remembered that half the dialog is literally ripped from the Divine Comedy and I fucking mentioned Virgil's shade following you around. So why didn't my brain connect the title?

Kalnaurdurandal4532Elvenshae
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Dante's Inferno, I think.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

Entirely staffed by sloths?

BetsuniKalnaurCommander ZoomTalus9952Stollscj iwakuraElvenshae
    Jazz wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »

Entirely staffed by sloths?

And you're number 6, but they were on 8 when you got there. You got in line but it's the line for odd numbers. But there's only one line.

BetsuniKalnaurFencingsaxStormwatcherElvenshae
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    D:D:D:

Panzer Paladin broke my spirit. I lost all my progress tonight. :(

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    The room is warm and humid. It smells a bit too much like other people's breath. You're sweating just enough to feel sticky. You don't remember how you got there, or how long you've already been there. You have hazy memories of walking up to the desk at the front, being handed a packet of forms to fill out along with a dull pencil, and being told to take a number and sit down.
    The numbers are updating out of order. 6. 114. 15. 63c. Each update is accompanied by a loud chime that steals your focus. Each time you look up, somehow still hopeful, only to be disappointed. It seems like each number is coming slower and slower.
    The middle of the room is filled with rows of metal framed blue plastic chairs. The back on your chair is bent just a bit, and the hard plastic seat has 'ergonomic' indentations. The chair is intensely uncomfortable and you regularly shift your weight from one side of your body to the other, vainly seeking relief. You think spreading your legs out a bit might help, but your neighbors are too close.
    Speaking of, the woman to your left is talking loudly and with animated gestures into the camera of her face time call. She is studiously ignoring her child who is lying on the ground in front of your feet, literally rolling around in boredom.
    You shift the forms around on your thigh and try to conjure up a flat surface to write on. You don't have anything hard and flat, but you manage the best you can with the flimsy cardstock folder the forms came in. The questions are giving you some trouble. You keep having to awkwardly look up answers on your phone.You don't want to upset the careful writing surface you've constructed, so you use your non-dominant hand and you keep the phone carefully balanced on your other thigh. Wait, what's your employer's mailing address again? Someone tries to shuffle past, up to the counter. They squeeze by closely on account of the child, still rolling around on the ground in the middle of the walkway. The edge of their bag catches on the corner of your stack of forms and they are knocked onto the ground as the person moves past. You put your phone back in your pocket and crouch down to collect all the forms. You sit back down and shuffle them back in-order, and arrange them back onto the cardstock. Shit, what was that address again?
    You return to the forms until you get to the next difficult question. What year did you buy your car? You were still living at the apartment before last, but you had already been there for at least a year so that means you mus--DING
    The chime sounds. You look up. 614. It's not your number. Have you seen this number before? Are they repeating? Did you somehow miss your number? Should you go back up and take another? Will getting a new number mean you're waiting even longer?

BetsuniFencingsaxPolaritieJazzStollsTeeManMugsleydestroyah87StormwatcherIoloHevachKhepraElvenshae
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I had to laugh at your post.
    My last time at a DMV was my renewal of my license (like most people). Decided to go in really early since most of my co-workers said this location had a lot of windows. Didn't make an appointment so gambled... Got there and was about 20 in line. The DMV person came out before the doors opened and filtered us into three lines, those with appointments, those getting other services and license renewals. Went in, got my number and paperwork. Then shuffled to a location to wait for my turn to go into the computer room to fill out the paperwork prior to my appointment.

After a few minutes filling out the questionnaire I was ready to join the masses in the main hall. Sat out there and noticed that my number was not up yet. So I sat and read my book. Ten minutes passed and no number. Twenty and I started paying attention to the numbers. After a few numbers passed I realized that my number was already called while I was in the computer room. Went up and asked the number giver who looked at me and realized what happened. He put my number back into the queue and a few minutes later it came up.

So what could have been the fastest DMV visit ever became almost a hour because my number was already called and I didn't know it.

So in hell they would have not put my number back in and I would have had to stand in line again to get a new number. Oh and remember how I said that location had a lot of windows? Yeah there were like 50 of them, only 10 were staffed since it was the day before the 4th of July and lots of them took the day off figuring not many people would come in. So add that into the hell DMV. 100 stations but only three staffed and two out of the three have faulty slow computers.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    MugsleyElvenshae
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So hell is like Beetlejuice then

MNC DoverMugsleyBetsuni
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Completed SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech!

At first I wasn't enthused by the card based combat and endeavored to just do a level a day. But by the end I was pulled back to play it more and more.

It still has it's flaws and it's probably rather basic when it comes to card games compared to others but that's fine, I'm not that great at deck crafting.

Also surprisingly touching in its own way, loved the characters and continue to enjoy all the games the SteamWorld crew has put out.

Thanks again to @Blackhawk1313 for the gift!

emnmnmebloodatonementJazzGear GirlFencingsaxIanatorMadicanemp123TeeManMNC DoverMugsleyEd GrubermanBetsuniKalnaurPoketpixieIoloSteel AngelElvenshaeTalus9952KoopahTroopah
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I finally have something good to say about Mirror. No, the sex minigames are still stupid and done better elsewhere.

There's an infinite mode where you play against a random character you've unlocked, and move onto the next character after that.

40 moves each time, limited money pool to start out and repurchase spent items. Items and skills are what you currently have set. No rerolling, just see how long you last. Pretty fun but also random to see how you can be blessed to have a setup for a bunch of 5 tile matches at the start, or be cursed to face someone using lots of healing or lots of damage over time skills, and not have any items stocked to stop them.

So basically a boss rush mode made fun by more of the stupid story campaign you endure.

BetsuniIoloElvenshaeIanator
  • CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Lurr. How's everyone doin'?

I got a new, pretty sweet microphone. Complete with arm, spit guard & everything. Have a light coming too, that I can hook up behind my monitor to light my face. Going to return to streaming soon, since I have half the week off. Will give me something to do & focus on, as a hobby, when I'm not working. Will probably focus mostly on Dead By Daylight as 1. I still have fun with it and 2. it has a pretty strong community on Twitch.

Hope everyone is well. There's my monthly check-in. :D

76561197967491341.png
    MNC DoverRoyceSraphimJazzJaysonFourMugsleyEd GrubermanCroakerBCdestroyah87KarozStormwatcherBetsuniIoloElvenshaeIanatorTalus9952KoopahTroopah
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Gotta save something for the game's climax

Betsunian_altSteel AngelElvenshaeIanatorCommander Zoom
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Finished Observation. The puzzles were enjoyable but some of the direction in the game was a bit obtuse.

The plot was way too far out in Event Horizon land by the end. I don't know what they were trying to tell me.

The game is (forgivably?) short and would be worth a look if you like space type games. Just know that the story falls off the rails about half way through.

I enjoyed Deliver Us The Moon much more.

6/10

Mugsley on
    KarozBetsuniElvenshaeIanatorTalus9952
This discussion has been closed.