As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    You try to keep your head down and hold fire (in part because you splurged a bit on a new office chair) and then this happens:

Dbzy51b.jpg

There's no hiding from @Iolo, it seems. Most classy of you, my friend, thanks a bunch! I keep hearing this favorably compared to FFTactics, which pushes a lot of the right buttons my brain :+1:

Now if you'll excuse me, there will be consequences for this.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Jeepers, man, this thread. I don't know how much more I can take, you guys have so damn much heart. Child's Play is another fine example, but really, this community is out of control with goodness! Which is SO IRONIC, considering you're all monsters and assholes.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    @Stolls sent me a copy of War of the Chosen for XCOM2, unknowingly (or was it . . ?) furthering my recent streak of playing through DLC/expansion content for games. Thanks!

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Guys! @akajaybay is awesome. Not only is the Rock Paper Scissors tournament lots of fun, but finalists have been given presents!

Thank you for the wallet code - I promise to put it to good use! :)

4axhjfecs48u.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    @Talus9952 just randomly for no reason decided to gift me becasue he is a monster!

m4iph2p.png

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Stolls for Pillars of Eternity 2.
    wvbj8qzly2xg.png

I've been a bit directionless on what to play lately. Will have to check this one out soon.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    @Stolls did a thing.

7w8169lx6llj.png

Again, don't know when I'll be able to get to it, but thank you so much :heartbeat:

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    @an_alt beat the system...

qi6t8bkkpahs.png
    063xd1bdf6ft.png

Stupid exchange rate, but still thanks for money towards the game!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    @Betsuni also did a thing.

7ekw14a5ayen.png

My condolences, I had no idea. Big socially-distanced virtual hug for you. And thank you so much :heartbeat:

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I've used Steam points and made my profile's avatar, avatar border, and background all animated images. I'm just a webring link and animated fire gif away from turning it into a geocities homepage.

DonaldSutherland.jpg

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I asked @Pixelated Pixie about a game as she's the only one who had it. Then I got gifted said game.

I don't know what I expected.

Also, I'd like to rescind my claims that she is innocent. Thanks, monster! :heartbeat:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    @an_alt beat the system...

qi6t8bkkpahs.png
    063xd1bdf6ft.png

Stupid exchange rate, but still thanks for money towards the game!

If I had done that on purpose it would have been hilarious. Sadly I just didn't know the price difference.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Can confirm, @Pixelated Pixie is on a classy rampage. And really, who can argue with this logic?

NpZXaXx.jpg

Thanks so much for State of Decay 2! I really liked the first one; I know zombies have worn out their welcome, but this did so much right (car door kills for god's sake) that I was happy to revisit it for the re-release. SOD2 is definitely high on the to-play list :+1:

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Here I am minding my own business in Dalaran when this happens...
    2NNg3Nq.jpg

Thanks @Iolo! I've been interested in this for awhile hearing everyone talk about it. I might try to start learning the ropes tonight.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    tacticalheadachetacticalheadache Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Man I'm having a lot of fun with BattleTech. Just the right amount of XCOM and Tabletop together for me.

edit: also I would like to thank @akajaybay for the $25 steam gift card! I didn't expect to win anything so that was mighty generous.

tacticalheadache on
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    I logged in this morning to find that shenanigans had occurred overnight. With no provocation, @Spoit has gifted what I've heard is a very good game - Journey. Which certainly fits the mood, currently. I look forward to it - Thank you, @Spoit!
    UZeJNqC.png
    Meanwhile, @Isorn never sleeps, apparently, and has 'fixed' an issue with my wishlist. Thanks for Ara Fell!
    g94p67P.png

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    FkMpQfd.jpg

@Iolo offered me some kind words at a time when I could really use them. Thanks.

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    So earlier today @destroyah87 hit me with Astroneer and just a moment ago @Pixelated Pixie threw a rock-solid Outer Wilds at my face and knocked me unconscious. Thanks, butts. <3

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    who dares awaken me from my years long slumber?
    none other than @Iolo ... Thanks for Slay the Spire!

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    01RYNMg.png
    Green envelope!
    vKSJsbo.png
    8sOCPyk.png

Thank you @Stolls for Crying Suns, which has been getting a lot of good buzz (as well as for the kind words! <3 ) And thank you to @bloodatonement for Pathway, which was also getting some rave reviews the other day. I do love pixely turn-based tactics!

Much appreciated! Happy Summer Dale! :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Isorn struck while I was sleeping.

thanks for Record of Lodoss War-Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth a metroidvania based on an anime I watched WAAAAAAAY back in the olden times.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    I've used Steam points and made my profile's avatar, avatar border, and background all animated images. I'm just a webring link and animated fire gif away from turning it into a geocities homepage.

Needs moar under construction banners.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    @Isy has decided that I shall be building conveyors, such that goods may be transported and I have the resources to build more conveyors. I actually didn't even realize this had gone up for sale on Steam, yet, but I've heard good things from people who also like to serve the conveyor.
    LMBU4r3.png

Thank you, @Isy! I shall pillage for industry in your name!

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Isorn struck while I was playing outside with the kiddos! Will hopefully have time to try this once they are in bed tonight! Thank you!
    gpYGuOu.png

Brigador is in my top 5 mecha games of all times, up there with Armored Core, Front Mission, and Titanfall.

So... what's the fifth?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Omg @Antoshka! WHYYY!? This is overkill! Thank you so much! :heartbeat:

vq8yIbm.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    OK, I just went through and "Awesome"'d all of the posts with "Awesome"'s. Now to actually read them....LOL! Who has time for that?!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

7ekw14a5ayen.png

My condolences, I had no idea. Big socially-distanced virtual hug for you. And thank you so much :heartbeat:

Thanks for the hugs. I didn't tell anyone since I hate bringing others down. This forum helped me cheer up just seeing all the gifting and posts. @Pixelated Pixie story posts also kept me coming back since I wanted to know more.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    @cooljammer00 just gifted me Titanfall 2 and I am so hyped to run through this again! One of the best singleplayer FPS stories out there! Thanks a bunch man!

uE24hw4.png

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    You're not bringing anyone down - sharing a burden is what it's about!

EDIT can't read....

Questor on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

[img]https: //us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/a1/7ekw14a5ayen.png[/img]

Thanks for the hugs. I didn't tell anyone since I hate bringing others down. This forum helped me cheer up just seeing all the gifting and posts. @Pixelated Pixie story posts also kept me coming back since I wanted to know more.

9zb5te0d7o5h.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Thank you for the very generous pair of virtual gift cards, @an_alt . I played the demo of Fell Seal last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm excited to tuck into the real thing! Curse Steam for not allowing us to gift each other directly, what a terrible crime.

Also the rugby is really weird here at the moment. The games play in front of cardboard cutouts of fans. Is this common elsewhere? I think it's creepy AF...
    9p6io618o5bq.jpg

In Steam related news, Motorsport Manager has taken over both my PC and Switch. Don't bother sending help, it's cosy here <3

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

7ekw14a5ayen.png

Thanks for the hugs. I didn't tell anyone since I hate bringing others down. This forum helped me cheer up just seeing all the gifting and posts. Pixelated Pixie story posts also kept me coming back since I wanted to know more.

Well, Pixie's story posts are passing into legend already, aren't they. Also, even if it's just a quick vent, if I've learned anything here it's that people don't mind if you need to talk, whatever is going on, and are just wonderfully supportive. This thread in particular has always been amazing but the whole forum too. And sometimes, in lieu of being able to be there for you physically, they support you as best they can in other ways. There's always a kind word or virtual hug.

On occasion, of course, there's also backlog abuse. Case in point:

0e2it4dgzmh3.png
    oguu136ycdcq.png

Thank you so much @cooljammer00 and @Pixelated Pixie for Titanfall 2 and Star Wars: Squadrons. A, by all accounts, under-appreciated gem from a few years ago, and what looks like one from a few months into the future - I loved me some X-Wing and TIE Fighter back in the day and I'm impressed with what I've seen of Squadrons.

I tried to get a few hours' kip after another bad day (my inability to catnap is proving a problem) and have unfortunately been woken up in the middle of the night to a difficult but, in hindsight, not entirely unexpected situation with mum that I won't go into, but we're now waiting for the district nurse to come out (these people are consistently amazing and deserve to be paid millions, quite frankly). And seeing these on my phone as I wait was a smile when I desperately needed one.

Thank you, guys. Thank you. All of you. You're the best. :heartbeat:

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

Also the rugby is really weird here at the moment. The games play in front of cardboard cutouts of fans. Is this common elsewhere? I think it's creepy AF...

Normally the only rugby we see on the non $35/month channel is the Canadian men's team and nobody wants to see that. Even in person it takes a few drinks to get through a game. Now the sports channel is showing two live games a week on TV and it's the highlight of the weekend to watch almost live sports again. My SO and I are pretending to have a longstanding rivalry in each game to make up for what we've missed since March. That said, as dumb as the Super Rugby name is, it's really entertaining to watch.

The fans are weird. They should really take the approach used by the South Korean footie league.
    health-coronavirus_southkorea-soccer-e1589811763263.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=780

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Can you play Journey with 2 players on PC? I got it for myself but was going to have each of my kids play with me for parts

Didn't notice this answered, but it's pretty much single player, so you would maybe just pass the controller/keyboard around. Any other folks you meet in the game would be totally random drop-ins/drop-outs. When I had played it on the PS3 I thought I only met a couple people, but when the credits rolled it showed that I had encountered like 8 or 10 or something.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I got hit by @TeeMan!

7l1nmjwco3z1.png

Thanks you monster!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    Thank you @Aistan for a bunch of awesome games and thank you @akajaybay for a 25$ gift card, much love to both of you!

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Crossposting from H/a
    I am wrapping up a new pc build for a friend who has 8 and 10 year old boys. They love minecraft, spore, and subnautica, and mom is working on getting the latter two of those right now (they've played them on xbox previously). I was going to try and load up some of the free stuff on steam (or elsewhere!) but I really have no idea what's child appropriate for their age range, and I was hoping some of you gamer parents could weigh in on suggestions? If not free, stuff that's super cheap?

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Poketpixie wrote: »

Needs moar under construction banners.

Not gonna lie, I miss Geocities.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Why do I have 84,000 points?

Apparently you've given GabeN $840 since... well, whatever date they start counting from.

It's for any purchases between the lunar sale and now.

Ah thanks.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Also also: Thanks to everyone else that also responded.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.