As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] has new and improved friends list in OP, please update your info.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Oh are we doing this now? It's on!!

"You know they say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Toxic and you can see that statement is NOT TRUE! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another wrestler you got a fifty/fifty chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak, and I'm not normal! So you got a 25 percent at best at beat me! And then you add Freya to the mix? You-the chances of winning drasticy go down. See, the 3-Way on Thursday, you got a 33 and a third chance of winning. But I! I got a 66 and two thirds chance of winning, cuz Freya KNOOOWS she can't beat me, and she's not even gonna try. So, Toxic, you take your thirty three and a third chance minus my twenty five percent chance (if we was to go one on one) and you got an eight and a third chance of winning Thursday. But then you take my 75 perchance-chance of winnin' (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 and two thirds…percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning Thursday! Señor Toxic? The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you Thursday!"

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    4yc4qd5tt0vp.jpg

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Does anyone have some yellow roses that I can have, either picked or seed bags? I desperately want to craft a garden wagon, but turns out I only have red and black roses!

would also kill for a bookshelf diy, I dont have any lazy residents to get it from.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Sent 3 picked yellow roses and some seeds @Iruka. :)

No spare recipe for a bookshelf at the moment, though. I'll keep an eye out for you. Edited to add: let me know if you want me to craft some for you. They're 5 books and 10 wood apiece.

amethystoak on
  • Options
    PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    Balloon JUST dropped bookshelf DIY
    What are the odds?
    Sending ; )

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    @Ken O

Brother, you may think you're good at math. But there is one number that you have to remember. 4. As in the four sides of the ring. And which one of those four side I'm going to toss your ass out of. You say you're a genetic freak, and when Toxic steps into the ring you will know your just a man. You can not stand next to the most dynamic wrestler in all the A.C.W and not be humbled in my presence. All the math you think you know doesn't mean squat when I take you to school on Thursday. When that bell ring you'll learn the hard way that class is in session and Toxic is the teacher.

:D

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Sent 3 picked yellow roses and some seeds @Iruka. :)

No spare recipe for a bookshelf at the moment, though. I'll keep an eye out for you. Edited to add: let me know if you want me to craft some for you. They're 5 books and 10 wood apiece.
    Balloon JUST dropped bookshelf DIY
    What are the odds?
    Sending ; )

You folk are amazing!! Thanks so much, this library park is gonna be sweet.

• Options
    You're making a library? : 0
    Sounds awesome
    Pls post pics or invite us to tour once you're done

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »
    Does anyone have some yellow roses that I can have, either picked or seed bags? I desperately want to craft a garden wagon, but turns out I only have red and black roses!

would also kill for a bookshelf diy, I dont have any lazy residents to get it from.

I think I have both of these things

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Rainy day on Orwellia.

Sahara is here
    With western Vista and lobby flooring, natural wooden decks
    Turnips are going for 372
    Cheerio

B40MB

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Tonight is the last night to catch fireflies. :(

• Options
    You're making a library? : 0
    Sounds awesome
    Pls post pics or invite us to tour once you're done

Will do! I gotta wait on some catalog orders of books but I started it:
    434xx0nqwlum.jpg

I think I'm going to put down some custom paths for this area. I haven't done any custom/downloaded paths yet, but I want it to feel very garden-y.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Tonight is the last night to catch fireflies. :(

I was tempted to get 3 to see if the model lights up that Flick make s

• Options
    So many new bugs this morning!!

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »

My fruit orchard tree density is causing issues with spotting the ones that like to hang out on them.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »

So. Many. Cicadas. It must drive Blathers nuts hearing them all just outside.

• Options
    Sporty Pig Kevin is in boxes if anyone is in need of a porcine jock.
    I'm also tempted to post a link to the real wrestling promo I ripped off earlier in the thread just so prove I didn't have a stroke while posting.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Oh no more loud bugs! I was so glad when the cricket went away

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Back when I was a little kid, I had no idea what cicadas were and AC was where I learned that all the sounds I was hearing in the summer (also, in anime summer scenes) weren't just crickets and frogs. We never learned about them in school, and I was so scared of bugs in real life I don't think I'd ever seen one or looked at one up close. My mom/dad are also not huge fan of bugs, and pre-wikipedia, the little factoids were more than I ever really learned about bugs. No one bought books about bugs for 11yr old girls in 2001, haha.

What Im saying is, I'm so excited for these obnoxious cicadas, really nostalgic for me. Im still mostly scared to touch bugs in real life, but I do credit animal crossing as planting the initial seed of "oh maybe these things are cool!".

Iruka on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah as a kid I always found the dry cicada skins sitting around my yard, because they would bury themselves in the dirt during the winter and then molt when they came up for the summer. I remember thinking they looked creepy but I agree, the sound of cicadas is oddly nostalgic, especially because they aren't around where I live now.

• Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Many thanks to all the visitors who wished my adorable boy Weber a happy birthday yesterday! I’m still picking up presents scattered around the island by some intrepid phantom gifted. Thank you for those as well!

Waterers were super rad and got me one step closer down the blue rose path, which is great!

Signs are pointing to a large spike in turnip prices for me tomorrow morning; I’ll share here if it’s a good one.

Saharah is visiting Lemuria today, selling dojo wall and pyramid tile flooring (I haven’t checked rugs yet, as my pockets are too full); Talky Camel Jail has been established on the SW beach.

DooDoo code (because I am a Very Mature Adult): 0KQ8X

• Options
    well TIL you can run by pushing B!

sigh

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

sigh

You can also speed up the villager dialogue by holding B... Don't hit me

• Options
    Honestly running really scares off bugs too easy so I try to be careful haha.

You can also tap A a few times to speed up crafting. I thought I had to furiously tap it, but just three taps seems to get it up to full speed.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Poops, a day late.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

sigh

It's fine, all the AC veterans have a deathly fear of running because it used to ruin your grass and permanently destroy your flowers.

If you see a player who only ever runs on the beach, you know they bear the scars of City Folk.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I use R or L to speed up dialog. Just holding it down all day long

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Anyone have any decent turnip prices today?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    You got mail @iruka ; )

@Ken O that was from a real promo? : 0

You reminded me of https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-oJTZ1b5Q
    :)

• Options
    I don't think I could up with something so crazy off the top of my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDuNZyYAIQ&t=39s

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    I love bringing new bugs to Blathers at the beginning of the month. I make him tell me about them. Every. Time.

It's raining on my island this morning, though. So I'm probably not catching all the new ones that I could be. More fun for later, I suppose. :)

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    While I wait for the main event, I'll be running around my island training by catching bugs and fish. This machine never stops.

Redd is in town with I think two real paintings, both which I have already. There is some free bug off stuff in the plaza with others things and feel free to take a present or two from the farm area behind the museum. I might be AFK depending on my work load today.

Gates are open.

• Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    Thanks @Toxic Toys I didn't have the common painting.

• Options
    You got mail @iruka ; )

You guys are too kind!

• Options
    It's about 45 mins before the big match but I'm throwing the code out early. I may be AFK for a bit until 3, still wrapping some work stuff up.

Tell the Dodos MSX78

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options

sigh

You can also speed up the villager dialogue by holding B... Don't hit me

Thankfully I already figured that out as well as speeding up crafting! Sheesh

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Today from the Battle at Firehammer you can see the it wasn't a battle at all but a slaughter. Toxic, the most dynamic wrestler in all of the A.C.N.H.W.F. easily bested everyone who dared step in to the squared ring. I didn't fair as well in the 2 on 1 matches, but no one could touch me one on one, and that real wrestling for ya.

5shyhc6i3xoh.jpg
    4cicb8y1i2ds.jpg
    ff41zc7q2yeg.jpg
    ue3vawoiypwh.jpg
    iy674kdfpr6t.jpg
    1lkzz4wgdihz.jpg
    qa8aigonxf4n.jpg
    bbukf5udb7qc.jpg
    rvwdp3qamib9.jpg
    0u6ayy0goeuw.jpg
    uc9qc8p9mt5a.jpg
    ccy3mgtotkcn.jpg
    trfnz0e3uad9.jpg
    muhalc2q8n05.jpg

OK, that was a lot of fun and have to do it again soon :D

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Anyone have decent turnip prices today?

I went ALL IN this week, completely forgetting that I'm out of town for the rest of the week starting tomorrow after work.

I've got 122, so I can get pretty much exactly my money back, but I figured I should ask.

• Options
    Toxic that mid-air shot is amazing timing.

My nip prices are trash till Friday.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    I will find out today if I spike tomorrow or keep decreasing.

This discussion has been closed.