As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] has new and improved friends list in OP, please update your info.

• EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Thx @McFodder we tried logging my wife's character in and she did indeed have the option to ask Octavian to stay. So I left it up to her, and the decision was he stays. She is super happy :) Thanks for the advice.

amethystoakSilverWindKen OMcFodderVyolynceDirk2112GONG-00Dys
  • amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    How did I not realize until now that I could use my finger or a stylus on the Switch screen to draw? That makes bulletin board graffiti so much more convenient...

PirateQueen
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    How did I not realize until now that I could use my finger or a stylus on the Switch screen to draw? That makes bulletin board graffiti so much more convenient...

Hmmm. I'll have to try that.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    amethystoakPirateQueen
  • LindLind Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Redd is here. I think all thats left like the Ancient Statue are fakes but I’ve been wrong before. In short, Lugnet is open for a bit.

Lind on
    amethystoak
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    McFodder wrote: »
    I know on our island we had someone wanting to leave - one of us said sure, go, follow your dream whatever and then the second person also got a prompt and told them to stay. It might have just not saved before closing or something, but might be worth a shot her talking to him as well.

Do you still need the bonsai shelf recipe? And if so, are you near your Switch? I have one I can come drop off.

I do still need it, but won't be home from work for a bit over 4 hours :(

Edit: I think you came to visit me before, any chance you could try mailing it? Lee from Lupaurora is me.

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    I know on our island we had someone wanting to leave - one of us said sure, go, follow your dream whatever and then the second person also got a prompt and told them to stay. It might have just not saved before closing or something, but might be worth a shot her talking to him as well.

Do you still need the bonsai shelf recipe? And if so, are you near your Switch? I have one I can come drop off.

I do still need it, but won't be home from work for a bit over 4 hours :(

Edit: I think you came to visit me before, any chance you could try mailing it? Lee from Lupaurora is me.

I do believe I've been to your island. I don't see you on my list of people I can send mail to, though. Are we Switch friends? I don't see your friend code on the list in the OP.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Probably not, I generally limit my console friends list to people I know in RL - didn't realise that was another thing that needed to be there for the mail system.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Is there still an update planned for August?

It's my last ditch hope of saving my corrupted island.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Yeah, Summer Update 2 is still supposed to be 'Early August'. I thought we would have information on it by now but there's still a couple days for them to announce it by the end of this month like they said they would.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • LindLind Registered User regular
    Looks like Lugnet crashed. Its up and online again.

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    It looks like my island crashed overnight while I was asleep. Sorry to anyone who tried to come over while it was down.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Back when I was pregnant (bear with me, this is going somewhere), I had to be very careful about idly wishing I had [cookies, cereal, yogurt, whatever] because my husband would just leap up and go to the store to get whatever it was. Even if I didn’t want it badly enough for anyone to make a special trip.

Anyway, you guys are all just as awesome. This was a long-winded way of saying thanks to everyone ever. Around here, all you gotta do is be like “I kinda need a [whatever]” and next thing you know it’ll be in your mailbox.

Y’all are the best.

You have [whatever]? I only can get [thingers]

camo_sig.png
    Ken OakjakPirateQueen

Yea I think they ask all their friends before leaving

camo_sig.png
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    @amethystoak I'm so ready for the fashion show today. I even did a little last minute training with a fashion guru.
    c0rszybutbfx.jpg
    j1zvmuggx9y1.jpg

Some pictures from the star party last night. If you are wondering why I sent you a goatee, I sent by mistake but enjoy. :P
    oy1oht1ao00p.jpg
    9l3gkggvl0tx.jpg
    2bvjgay9tw0m.jpg
    6cr2l1wowcxo.jpg
    153tuwikvq7h.jpg
    py2i68wucw65.jpg
    an8qej915z7f.jpg
    t93hfpyk1229.jpg
    oeehoeokujxr.jpg
    0ancgbtgrsdk.jpg
    bgf58oh1nhl9.jpg
    wg0rdsztjzmg.jpg

Ken OPirateQueenamethystoakAnti-SeanVyolynce
    edited July 2020
    We need to nail down a time for the fashion show, I suppose. ^_^ It sounds like we landed on afternoon? My kiddo goes down for a nap at 2:30ish (pacific time) so I wouldn't have interruptions at that time, but if earlier works for everyone, I can make that work. Thoughts?

Also, judging. If anyone isn't planning on participating, would any of you be up for judging? @SilverWind? If not, my plan is to take a group picture for each category and post on the thread, and then people can message me their votes and I can announce winners and mail prizes. (Or I guess just let me know if that sounds more preferable to you than having a judge present.)

amethystoak on
    PirateQueenToxic Toys
    Also, my runway walk is going to be somewhat influenced by my joycon drift. 🙄 So if I keep walking to the left when I should just be standing still, that's why. 😂

PirateQueen
  • ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    I'd be up for doing some judging!

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
    amethystoakPirateQueen
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    2:30 pacific works for me

I assume everyone will take a million photos, but live judging would be more fun probaby. You did make those nice benches for sitting.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    amethystoakPirateQueen
    2:30 works with me.

amethystoak
    Ken OamethystoakAnti-SeanLocal H JayToxic ToysPirateQueen
    Was there someone who needed the bookshelf recipe?

@Vyolynce are you still wanting pics of not getting Pascal? This was the first scallop, he was there for the second.
    z7sq92kru396.jpg

And this is not a fair trade at all. I'm so evicting Norma once I get her pic.
    c0qy8i4xzd8a.jpg
    eck1dveu4y5g.jpg

Also, my runway walk is going to be somewhat influenced by my joycon drift. 🙄 So if I keep walking to the left when I should just be standing still, that's why. 😂

its cool that you aren't ambi-turny

camo_sig.png
    It's really awkward that my villagers keep trying to give me jockey uniforms. :/

Toxic Toys wrote: »
    @Vyolynce are you still wanting pics of not getting Pascal? This was the first scallop, he was there for the second.
    z7sq92kru396.jpg

I've noticed that I never get Pascal if I find a scallop on the east or west side. I only ever see him on the north or south.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    So what is everyone else rockin for nicknames?

Eugene came up with DJ Pun forever ago. It was "meh" but it wasn't horrible so I kind of went with it. It spread to everyone.
    Eventually someone asked if they could call me Racer instead. It wasn't any worse than DJ Pun, so I was all for it. It slowly started taking over DJ Pun name.
    Then best friend forever Ninja Buddy Snake wanted to start calling me Champ. Oh hell yes. The island is mostly Champ now, but there are a few Racer villagers left out there.

Also Puddles keeps suggesting things like "Glitter" as nicknames. I don't think she is very bright. Too much Maglev Mike fanfic.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    Toxic ToysPirateQueen
    edited July 2020
    Someone mentioned a while ago that they got their villagers to start calling them "Mando," and since my actual first name is Amanda, I've decided to steal that. It is THE BEST! XD

amethystoak on
    Ken OToxic ToysPirateQueen
    I do custom nicknames. I have a few who call me My Master and a few who call My Dark Lord.

Here are a few picture for today.
    Tom Nook after you finally pay off your last loan payment.
    43aswdh3krxy.jpg

The team was very excited at the findings on this archaeological dig....
    ma2vbynlg5k1.jpg

Unfortunately the next expedition would be the teams last.
    xa6gya8cpltt.jpg

And the Little Mermaid lied about life under the sea.
    jczidb75k7sl.jpg

amethystoakPirateQueenAnti-Sean
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Ken O wrote: »
    So what is everyone else rockin for nicknames?

Eugene came up with DJ Pun forever ago. It was "meh" but it wasn't horrible so I kind of went with it. It spread to everyone.
    Eventually someone asked if they could call me Racer instead. It wasn't any worse than DJ Pun, so I was all for it. It slowly started taking over DJ Pun name.
    Then best friend forever Ninja Buddy Snake wanted to start calling me Champ. Oh hell yes. The island is mostly Champ now, but there are a few Racer villagers left out there.

Also Puddles keeps suggesting things like "Glitter" as nicknames. I don't think she is very bright. Too much Maglev Mike fanfic.

My villagers call me "hartje", "muffin", "J-Knuffel", and "zoetelief". Though I am sort of trying to make sure my Villagers only use nicknames that kinda match their personality. No Snooty Villager will ever be allowed to call me "J-Knuffel".
    For those who want approximate translations: "little heart", "muffin", "J-Hug", and "sweetie" (lit: "sweetnice").

WotanAnubis on
    Toxic ToysamethystoakPirateQueenKen O
    Sprocket keeps trying to make “touchdown” happen, and it’s just not gonna happen.

Prof. Pie (wat) was everyone’s favorite name for me, although Sherb calls me “spud,” and now best mouse Bella is calling me “shmoopy.”

PirateQueenToxic ToysamethystoakKen O
    Gates are open. ^_^

PirateQueenKen OToxic Toys
    Look Rolf, I don’t need fashion handouts from the likes of you... AS I’M ABOUT TO PROVE

amethystoakToxic Toys
    akjak wrote: »
    Look Rolf, I don’t need fashion handouts from the likes of you... AS I’M ABOUT TO PROVE

How's that red polo working out?

On my way and fabulous.

amethystoakKen OPirateQueen
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    On my way and fabulous.

As always.

Toxic ToysKen OPirateQueen
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Yoipes, today turned out to be a busy day! Sorry about that. :x I totally missed the start time, didn't I?

Glad there was a volunteer judge! I would really love to see photos of everyone's getup, though. :)

I'm afk but have set up town for touch and drop week 5 (take 2): code is 3MWN8

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    PirateQueenamethystoak
    That was a blast, and I'm not just saying that because I WON.

I will happily wear the crown til next time... When I will volunteer to judge, and pass it to the next winner!

Toxic ToysPirateQueenamethystoak
    edited July 2020
    @amethystoak That was a total blast. I would totally do that again. Sorry I bail out on the after party, but duty called.

Edit - I hope someone got pictures.

Toxic Toys on
    PirateQueenamethystoak
    Thank you all for participating! It was so fun because you guys all made the time to come be part of it and because of all the effort you guys put into your outfits. :D And thank you to @ShubNiggurath for judging, and to @Ken O for choosing the big winner!

And of course I got pictures. :D

Cute category:
    8g654ppvqrxg.jpg

Scary category:
    drquqb43cdbr.jpg

Funny category:
    k0grokd2wmjj.jpg

Ugly category (akjak sat this one out ^_^):
    tj5ozxey1p4l.jpg

Creative category:
    fnwejk2smtzr.jpg

Inspired by (real person or fictional character):
    dv312lktnerf.jpg

And a couple bonus Doctor Who pictures:
    sgopr5va9iah.jpg
    @PirateQueen got to meet The Doctor!
    5w5ou9hot55e.jpg
    And The Doctor has some new companions!

PirateQueenShubNiggurathGONG-00Toxic ToysKen OSilverWindDirk2112EvermournCullen
    Anyone have decent nips?

camo_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.