As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] has new and improved friends list in OP, please update your info.

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Thank you so much @PirateQueen that was way more than I needed. But now I can fall asleep in front of the TV in style and not worry about my island. I already have a couple of ideas for Harvey's tomorrow.
    ccawosfucj0p.jpg
    wmmuspnjfptr.jpg
    ou68wlpkrc47.jpg

My trophy room is now complete as well as my bug off room, I think, thanks to @ShubNiggurath If anyone notices I'm missing something from the fish or bug off rooms let me know. I probably have it in storage but didn't realize it belongs to the set.
    k0vbjpntxuo1.jpg
    1wba47a2m44p.jpg
    5e3jin0b0zfh.jpg
    And some other pics from today.
    8xwwdhqsz8tp.jpg
    qoz6ozvup1o7.jpg

@GONG-00 I have 1 rusted part left over that I'll send give to you when you're open.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    PirateQueenSilverWindamethystoakGONG-00
  • PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    You have new amazing board art @Ken O ? : 0
    Pics please : ))

Ken O
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Thanks, @SilverWind My game started getting very laggy so I got in and out as quick as I could in case I crashed your island.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

SilverWind
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    You have new amazing board art @Ken O ? : 0
    Pics please : ))

Nope! You just have to come visit

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    PirateQueen
  • amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    @GONG-00 I don't have a ton but I can get you a few. I'll be back on to play shortly and can drop some off if you're open.

Ken OPirateQueenGONG-00
    @GONG-00 let me know when you're open. :D

GONG-00
    Very gladly @Ken O : D
    Just say when
    Would love to get a drink in your pub again soon
    : )

Umm...
    Just had another Nookazon Santa who delivered me awesome outfits for free. Tried to pay them, they refused.
    What? How? What?

Between you all on this forum and these traders, I'm beginning to think the Internet is actually a really nice place...

CullenamethystoakKen OToxic Toys
  • EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    @PirateQueen won't say no to a few if you have any gold nuggets left. Just woke up and read your post. That's really cool of you. No worries if they are all gone.

PirateQueen
    Anyone have a black minifridge? I think if I get that I'm calling everything but the concert venue done-ish.

The game room in my pub came from directly from my house. So now I have like 2 rooms in the house that I need to figure out what to do with. One is a bug rewards dumping ground at the moment and the other is.....different. I'm still going to need to come up with actual ideas for them.

Comics, Games, Booze
    amethystoak
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Apparently all it took to fix the HHA so that they would finally give me the gold trophy was to hang one more villager photo in my house's den.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

akjakKen OPirateQueen
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Gates open for the generous deliveries from folks <3

Edit:
    Construction has begun.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    amethystoakKen OPirateQueenToxic Toys
    GONG-00 wrote: »

On my way. ^_^

You can edit the board messages you leave in other towns. So if you are writing or drawing and someone is about to enter or leave, you can post what you've done, and pick it up after they have come/left. I am not a smart man and just figured that out now.

Comics, Games, Booze
    amethystoakPirateQueen
    Ken O wrote: »
    Anyone have a black minifridge? I think if I get that I'm calling everything but the concert venue done-ish.

The game room in my pub came from directly from my house. So now I have like 2 rooms in the house that I need to figure out what to do with. One is a bug rewards dumping ground at the moment and the other is.....different. I'm still going to need to come up with actual ideas for them.

It's in your mailbox. ^_^

Ken O
    Ken O wrote: »

It's in your mailbox. ^_^

How did you get so awesome? Radioactive spider? Lightning bolt? Cosmic rays?

Comics, Games, Booze
    PirateQueen
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Edit:
    Construction has begun.

There are some disturbing things happening behind your house. :lol:
    z3blgs6e2e1p.jpg

Toxic ToysGONG-00McFodder
    He must regain his energy for the next egg day.

amethystoakToxic Toys
    My working hypothesis is that @amethystoak is from Krypton and is IRL Supergirl : )

Package sent @Evermourn ; )

Ken OEvermourn
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Thanks to the friends of Isla Cero, we have our protector:
    jky214ushf6e.jpg

723i46etm3xg.jpg
    First Deployment:
    y0z6qr9r3ubi.jpg

Edit:
    Today's threat has been defeated, but the island's new gnome crisis management team is alert for new dangers.
    0598sjgivj6t.jpg

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    amethystoakPirateQueenKen OToxic ToysakjakAnti-SeanEvermournVyolynceMcFodder
    Are you guys interested in having a discord server for our group as a place to chat about off topic stuff?

PirateQueenKen OCullen
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Eh, why wait. Picture time.

Of course you got to do it.
    13uwdw37sugs.jpg
    This was a little harder to take.
    ecvyo1lvb8zz.jpg

The power that we dream of now is a mere plaything in the future.
    gxyf8cuxg8x1.jpg

Just leaving this one here.
    od56caa5zhyh.jpg

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    GONG-00amethystoakPirateQueenEvermourn
    Are you guys interested in having a discord server for our group as a place to chat about off topic stuff?

Great idea! : )

amethystoakEvermourn
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I'd join it

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    amethystoakPirateQueen
    Would someone else like to do the honors? Someone better acquainted with discord than I am? XD

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Pretty easy to make.
    https://discord.gg/4gwS29

I think that invite link lasts for like a day, but then you can just do it again.

amethystoak
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Hey folks, I have a couple of questions that I've been having trouble finding answers for through Google. My wife is interested in playing AC and I wanted to see what the best way to set it up is since I know Islands are tied to the hardware. She does not have an account on my Switch and I do not have the online subscription and I'm also not interested in playing AC. Would it be better to just have her play on my account and get the online for that, or can she have her own account? It's looking like to get her online with her own account we would need the family plan since mine is the main account. Is that true? Other than playing Mario Kart or Mario Party together this would be her first game just for her on the Switch. Thanks for any help.

steam_sig.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    If you're not worried about also playing a bunch then you can just do it all under your usual profile. When you make a player it can be customized and named to what she wants vs anything tied to your specific Switch profile.
    I also picked it up mainly for my wife but also end up driving much of the time since she's not super comfortable with the controller and also its been fun in general. But she also plays on her own. We just use the same villager so far, but I think I can add one for myself at some point if I feel the need.

JMan711
    @SilverWind Are you really already done gathering next weeks T&D stuff? I just went to go order things and the lists are blank. That was fast! XD

Boomer wearing a hat on top of his other hat is never not going to be adorable. Easily my favorite villager ever. What hats should I give to him?
    w7u3ugwklkcy.jpg

Local H JayKen OPirateQueenToxic Toys
    I see the costume contest winner is still showing off his style.

Comics, Games, Booze
    amethystoakPirateQueen
  • CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Wow bug hunting is hard this month. Haven't seen a single cirada shell, giraffe stag or horned hercules. Managed to get the golden stag and horned elephant last night - I've been using this technique to try catch the coconut tree bugs:
    1. Go to an island and dig up all 4 coconut trees
    2. Return home and go to another island, plant the 4 trees to bring the total to 8. Usually go for 4 on each side depending on the layout.
    3. Destroy everything else that can spawn bugs. Smash the rocks, cut down the other trees and dig up the stumps, trample all the flowers
    4. Run like a madman between the east and west beaches to scare the ground bugs away, then sneak quietly up each beach. Might need to catch bugs you can't scare away. Don't forget to check for wharf roaches and hermit crabs.
    5. Repeat for hours and hours :)

After 7pm is best so you don't get butterflies (which spawn even if you trample the flowers). Some islands only spawn certain bug types so you might have to repeat step 2. It looks like each island has a max of 4-5 active bugs so you just need to make sure you are scaring away/catching the ones you don't want to force spawning new bugs. I've also noticed bugs always spawn off screen so you need to keep moving back and forth. I've had good success with this method up until this month. You can do it for just about any bug type - just destroy the things that spawn other bugs to maximise your chances. I've had islands covered in tree stumps when I was trying to catch the rosalia batesi beetle, or devoid of all plant life when trying to get scorpions and tarantulas.

I've also felt that bugs are more rare in the month they come out, but that's something only data mining the spawn rates could prove. It took ages to get a rainbow stag last month and I caught 7 last night. It's probably anecdotal.

PirateQueen
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    I caught a cicada shell recently. I think maybe they only started spawning when the hibiscus bushes started to bloom?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    I got one earlier in the month by pure chance. I had opened my inventory and when the camera did that zoom effect, I noticed that it on the tree. I'm not sure I would have seen it otherwise.

Comics, Games, Booze
    Congrats on your successful bug hunt : )

Need flag ideas - help pls?

A three headed monkey won't fit
    I'd use your pirate booty art @Ken O , but feel it's too provocative for a state symbol ; )

• Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    My cousin has a fake Mona Lisa and a fake Warrior Statue. Paradise is open for a few hours if anyone wants either.

NNID = Zepp914
    PirateQueen
  • CullenCullen Registered User regular
    What about the Curse of Monkey Island desktop icon:

lqecuqpl383b.png

Ken OPirateQueenakajaybayGONG-00akjak
    Congrats on your successful bug hunt : )

Need flag ideas - help pls?

A three headed monkey won't fit
    I'd use your pirate booty art @Ken O , but feel it's too provocative for a state symbol ; )

That was the kind of laugh I needed on a Monday morning. You're the only one that saw that sign, I took it down after you picked up the DIYs.

Comics, Games, Booze
    PirateQueen
  • Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Here is my creator ID
    MA-7604-8898-3236

Freya wanted my freshly dug grave design. If anyone finds or is talented enough to make a better one, let me know!

My wife said it looks too much like Mr Hanky :(

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
    amethystoakPirateQueen
    Grabbed the fake Mona Lisa - thanks @Dirk2112 for that and the grave design : )
    Shovel-wielding Warrior statue still remains

That is... PERFECT @Cullen
    Why didn't I think of that?
    Flag problem solved

Too bad I'm the only one who saw that outstanding piece of art @Ken O - ACNH art historians will have to be left to wonder & hope a copy still remains somewhere in our screenshots...

Cullen
    edited July 2020
    Before I went to bed last night, I picked out a cute outfit to wear today. Logged in this morning to find a pretty heavy thunderstorm happening and its probably going to be raining all day. Guess I'll change again. :lol:

Edit: Gullivarrr is here! I'm not even mad about changing anymore.

amethystoak on
    Dirk2112PirateQueenKen O
This discussion has been closed.