[WH40K] 9th Edition is here

14950525455

Posts

  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Scanned through the Blast appendix and saw that Heavy Mining Lasers gained Blast.

    georgetakeiohmy.gif

    Khraul
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Flying warriors would be fun if they also do gargoyles as troops an all flying army

  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Perdurabo wrote: »
    With the release of the codex for SM and Necrons at the same time, coinciding with a collectors box, I'd love if they continued that format (each wave is 2 codexes and a collectors box with both forces). Lets them tell a specific story around a battle between two forces, good way to get lots of people interested in new factions etc.

    So I started collecting Word Bearers in preparation for 9th, having not played 40k since 5th. To get a better sense of them I read the First Heretic and it gave me an idea for what my crusade force will be - they have yet to be entrusted with the "gift" from the neverborn, so I don't have access to any Daemon forces at all. So my 50PL is made up of chaos space marines, havocs, raptors, a chaos lord and a chaos sorceror. I have 3 5 man squads of CSM, one geared up for close combat. At some point in our campaign there will be a mission where I'm trying to get access to a forbidden tome, or a gateway or something, that will allow my units to receive the gift, at which point my close combat CSM will mutate into possessed, The raptors into warp talons etc. There's no real mechanism for this in the game, the best I could do is delete the units and then buy new possessed, new raptors. But they won't carry over the experience, and war wounds. What should the cost be for carrying this over? A requisition point? More? I'm definitely not trying to game it (say hello raptors!!), but I want those units to carry over their storied histories over many battles.

    What collectors box are you talking about? I don't think I've seen one yet. Besides the new starters?

    akirasig.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Flying warriors would be fun if they also do gargoyles as troops an all flying army

    Or just make Shrikes troops.

  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Scanned through the Blast appendix and saw that Heavy Mining Lasers gained Blast.

    georgetakeiohmy.gif

    Do you know what's really dumb?

    Fragstorm launchers gained blast.

    Yes, the rubbish guns you always swap for storm bolters on all your vehicles.


    But you know what else has them? Aggressors.

    GnomeTankvalhalla130
  • PerduraboPerdurabo Leeds, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 1
    Perdurabo wrote: »
    With the release of the codex for SM and Necrons at the same time, coinciding with a collectors box, I'd love if they continued that format (each wave is 2 codexes and a collectors box with both forces). Lets them tell a specific story around a battle between two forces, good way to get lots of people interested in new factions etc.

    So I started collecting Word Bearers in preparation for 9th, having not played 40k since 5th. To get a better sense of them I read the First Heretic and it gave me an idea for what my crusade force will be - they have yet to be entrusted with the "gift" from the neverborn, so I don't have access to any Daemon forces at all. So my 50PL is made up of chaos space marines, havocs, raptors, a chaos lord and a chaos sorceror. I have 3 5 man squads of CSM, one geared up for close combat. At some point in our campaign there will be a mission where I'm trying to get access to a forbidden tome, or a gateway or something, that will allow my units to receive the gift, at which point my close combat CSM will mutate into possessed, The raptors into warp talons etc. There's no real mechanism for this in the game, the best I could do is delete the units and then buy new possessed, new raptors. But they won't carry over the experience, and war wounds. What should the cost be for carrying this over? A requisition point? More? I'm definitely not trying to game it (say hello raptors!!), but I want those units to carry over their storied histories over many battles.

    What collectors box are you talking about? I don't think I've seen one yet. Besides the new starters?

    Indomitus, Sisters and the Lumineth boxes were released as "collecters boxes", and I think it would be cool if they released something like Indomitus along side 2 codexes. Dunno, it's something I've always liked about how Total Warhammer does DLC, and something with the quality of Indomitus for two new factions each wave would be great. But I haven't been burned by previous releases I guess.

    Perdurabo on
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Finally caving on this and gonna get some thousand sons. Desperately need a time sink that isn't using my computer, but I can still do at home if things go tits up here and we get locked down. Assembling and painting warhams seems as good as anything. Have read that it's very worth magnetising the rubrics. Worth it for tzaangor or am I just never going to consider using the chainswords and pistols?

    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Perdurabo wrote: »
    Indomitus, Sisters and the Lumineth boxes were released as "collecters boxes", and I think it would be cool if they released something like Indomitus along side 2 codexes. Dunno, it's something I've always liked about how Total Warhammer does DLC, and something with the quality of Indomitus for two new factions each wave would be great. But I haven't been burned by previous releases I guess.

    Is that not functionally similar to the two-faction boxes they're already been doing? (Blood of the Phoenix etc.) Granted those are normally only with one or two actually new sculpts per faction, and my assumption is you're imagining something where every model is new?

    In AoS they have been doing something quite similar, Feast of Bones debuted a brand new faction alongside the old Ogor models, with both of those battletomes being released shortly thereafter, and the same for other paired factions over much of last year, they'd release a two-army set with a new hero sculpt for both side, and then updated battletomes for both of those armies, I could see a similar release style being used for 40k, especially given they just showed that little trailer of new hero sculpts for a number of armies...



    Khraul
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Perdurabo wrote: »
    Indomitus, Sisters and the Lumineth boxes were released as "collecters boxes", and I think it would be cool if they released something like Indomitus along side 2 codexes. Dunno, it's something I've always liked about how Total Warhammer does DLC, and something with the quality of Indomitus for two new factions each wave would be great. But I haven't been burned by previous releases I guess.

    Is that not functionally similar to the two-faction boxes they're already been doing? (Blood of the Phoenix etc.) Granted those are normally only with one or two actually new sculpts per faction, and my assumption is you're imagining something where every model is new?

    In AoS they have been doing something quite similar, Feast of Bones debuted a brand new faction alongside the old Ogor models, with both of those battletomes being released shortly thereafter, and the same for other paired factions over much of last year, they'd release a two-army set with a new hero sculpt for both side, and then updated battletomes for both of those armies, I could see a similar release style being used for 40k, especially given they just showed that little trailer of new hero sculpts for a number of armies...

    I am kind of surprised they have not done a AoS style release for 40k

    Khraul
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    They have? With Admech vs Necrons coming before the new Necron and Knight books, and Tooth and Claw coming before the Genestealer one.
    I think the Marine vs Eldar one is the only odd one out so far.

  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited August 1
    It took Fedex entirely too long, but my Indomitus box got here this morning. I got the pre-order bonuses despite it not showing in my cart.

    e: A RL buddy of mine who also got the box because he plays SM has taken to calling them Intersaulters, which... I mean, clever. I hate it, but also catchy and clever.

    I was not prepared for how small the CA package was going to be. I'm old, I need to bust out my jewelry specs to read these point values. The mission pack book is cute though, I like the ringed binding.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    StragintKhraulGnome-Interruptus
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited August 1
    Norgoth wrote: »
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Scanned through the Blast appendix and saw that Heavy Mining Lasers gained Blast.

    georgetakeiohmy.gif

    Do you know what's really dumb?

    Fragstorm launchers gained blast.

    Yes, the rubbish guns you always swap for storm bolters on all your vehicles.


    But you know what else has them? Aggressors.

    Yes, yes they do. And you know who has two two thumbs and runs at least a couple squads of Aggressors in his lists? This guy.

    They were always good. They're monsters now.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Khraul
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Custodes terminators. Their grenade launchers are blast. And they hurt.

    03x29di.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    I guess I have the build those Aggressors I have lying around now. I also have a box of Centurions that I need to build.

    I should run a big chungus marine list that is a Gravis Captain and nothing but Aggressors, Centurions, and Redemptor Dreadnoughts.

    gRAhjXV.gif
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Add a chaplain and that’s basically the Primaris Dark Angels list I’m looking at.

    I’ve got a more classic list of Firstborn tactical squads and the combined arms of Ravenwing/Deathwing but I’ve got no idea how they’ll work...

    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Also I am seeing a lot of destroyer lords and doomsday arks on ebay either people have a heads up about something or?
    Dunno about the destroyer lords, but don't think Doomsday Arks are going away....but it probably makes more sense to bring heavy destroyers over them at the moment.

    Assuming heavy destroyers remain....

    Damn it, lot up in the air.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Also I am seeing a lot of destroyer lords and doomsday arks on ebay either people have a heads up about something or?
    Dunno about the destroyer lords, but don't think Doomsday Arks are going away....but it probably makes more sense to bring heavy destroyers over them at the moment.

    Assuming heavy destroyers remain....

    Damn it, lot up in the air.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Also I am seeing a lot of destroyer lords and doomsday arks on ebay either people have a heads up about something or?
    Dunno about the destroyer lords, but don't think Doomsday Arks are going away....but it probably makes more sense to bring heavy destroyers over them at the moment.

    Assuming heavy destroyers remain....

    Damn it, lot up in the air.

    It is that pic in what to do with your Necron army out of Indomitus about the destroyer they show at the end I think they replaced the current heavy with it's fragile gun {mine are metal and yikes I have no idea how you would even try to do that with resin}

  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    What’s interesting is that the banner image on that article actually shows a different gun with a narrower profile so I think all kinds of Destroyers are getting replaced, in line with the dual goals of eliminating resin/metal kits and discontinuing the glowy plastic rod aesthetic.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Brainleech
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    So that means floaters gotta be getting updated too right?


  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So I'm trying to decide what color scheme to go for with my Telkhine loyalist Iron Warriors Primaris. I was considering going with misty grey with black and/or orange, and that's still definitely on the table, but I was playing a space game and ran into these color schemes as ship skin schemes, and I really like them, was thinking of using one of these as the basis for my own color scheme (the color choices at least)
    g62IwfF.jpg
    0z7iCnN.jpg

    Lord_Asmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus2.gifz1i30sg.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Dark grey armour, gold shoulder pad trim and eagle, silver pads and helmet, black gun casing and soft armour parts. Should look good and has some iron warrior connection

    Lord_Asmodeus
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    What space game is that?

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    The game is Starsector, but those ships are from a mod faction for the game (and the paint schemes in particular are made by fans of the mod)

    Lord_Asmodeus.gifLord_Asmodeus2.gifz1i30sg.png
    Bizazedo
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    So that means floaters gotta be getting updated too right?

    Fuck this what I get for posting late at night.

    I meant Flayers. Autocorrect got meeeeee.


  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    So that means floaters gotta be getting updated too right?

    Fuck this what I get for posting late at night.

    I meant Flayers. Autocorrect got meeeeee.

    We can hope. Something that actually looks like an insane robot rather than something sculpted by an insane robot would be nice.
    Also weapon options; flayer claws are nice for blenderising hordes of guard but I’d like to see something heavier in line with basic Warriors getting the Gauss Reaper.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Played the first match of the Crusade I'm running with my friend. His Necrons vs my space wolves.

    We played the first patrol mission, sweep and clear.

    He played: Illuminor Szeras, 3x new destroyers, 2x racoons, 20x warriors
    I played: A battle leader, 5-man assault squad, bladeguard vet squad, A redemptor

    I'd gone through a couple of name generators and named my whole force. Skaldheim the Breaker, the Redemptor, put in a ton of work.

    The match was sweep and clear, four objectives we placed pretty symmetrically, two in no mans land, one in each deployement. Mission rules state that an objective is kept until an enemy unit caps it, so you can move off once you've gotten an objective. We both took slay the warlord for our agenda.

    Turn one went to me, Skaldheim held back to take possession of my objective. My Assault squad whiffed their advance and shorted their objective. My BG squad rolled a six and camped their, with the battle leader in tow (this was an error I'd soon realize). Skaldheim shot a bunch of warriors from across the board, through cover.

    My opponents turn 1, most of his warriors got back up. Inherent rerolls of 1, plus the +1 from the named character is absolutely silly. His destroyers moved 8 inches (I didn't know this) and got into easy charge range of my Vets, though it didn't work out. Transhuman Physiology meant that they only killed one vet, the reprisal from the battle leader (with thunder hammer) and the remaining two vets wiped the destroyers in an early win.

    The remaining turns had me pushing deep and landing some really long range charges, trapping my opponent in his deployment zone. His warriors, being in rapid fire range, obliterated my assault squad and wouldn't quite die. Twice he got them above 11 models back from 2 models and 1 model left alive. My battle leader went for the Illuminor, to his defeat. Wiffed all of his thunder hammer swings and got stabbed to death by Szeras' pet racoon bots in return.

    It was not all in vane though, by turn three one remaining Vet became a lone wolf and knocked off half the Illuminors health before being dragged down by warriors and racoonbots.

    This left Skaldheim the BREAKER! Who absolutely wrecked face. Shot racoons off the board turn four and punched five warriors to death. Szeras, realizing he was doomed, shot and charged Skaldheim in a last act of defiance. He chipped off a few wounds and was absolutely smashed by Skaldheims Redemptor fist.

    Turn five the warriors dumped everything they had into Skaldheim, both ranged and melee, leaving him with four wounds.

    Games end I won 70pts to 40. Skaldheim netted 8xp between the agenda, the match point, and being chosen for greatness.

    Given how long I've been collecting space wolves, this is only (I think) my second match actually playing with them. I learned a lot... a big one being that my battle leader is NOT a beatstick and had no business getting stuck in.

    Blade guard vets hit hard and can take a lot of punishment. My next match I'll likely swap them in, in place of the assault squad. I lose objective secured, but if I can keep my opponent hemmed in, then it's not an issue. Skaldheim was an absolute beast. Being able to shoot into combat is amazing.

    All in all a great match.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    LockedOnTargetArdol
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Looks like GW have done the emergency restock in Australia. A bunch of stuff is showing as in stock now.

    For Tyranids and Genestealers, they didn’t restock Goliaths and Haruspex/Exocrine kits. :(

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Built all 60 Indomitus warriors and put my 80 old warriors onto 32mm bases. Lots of Necron warriors that I'll probably never use outside of apocalypse.
    oozbml9ellgy.jpeg
    1r5gxi4i10i2.jpeg

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    KhraulLockedOnTargetForceVoidArdol
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    could I use one of the left over sets of arms from the new necrons to fix a few of the old ones?

    Also in the back of one of the pics there is a tyranid orgy

  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Built all 60 Indomitus warriors and put my 80 old warriors onto 32mm bases. Lots of Necron warriors that I'll probably never use outside of apocalypse.
    oozbml9ellgy.jpeg
    1r5gxi4i10i2.jpeg

    You totally should though. Implacable Necron warriors marching double file towards the enemy Is so iconic.

    KhraulForceVoid
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    THe new paint starters
    219oisg1zd9r.jpg
    Ok but assault pickles I thought were 5 to a squad still a neat way to start though

  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    With GW's "multipart" kits being essentially monopose, it's nice having some different poses for models at least.

    The current price for the 40K and AOS versions of that kit is $35, if they keep that for the new one than it's a pretty decent deal for the models and paints. Their "starter brush" is not something I'd recommend using though.

    gRAhjXV.gif
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    With GW's "multipart" kits being essentially monopose, it's nice having some different poses for models at least.

    This is why I hunted down a couple of sets of Overkill Genestealer Hybrids. The poses in the set can’t be made with the multipart boxes, so it’s nice for variety.

  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So I have been slowly creating a WH40K conspiracy theory in my mind.

    The C'Tan Void Dragon is on Mars, and is what has been slowly influencing the Adeptus Mechanicus to replace their bodies with machines, much like it long ago influenced the Necrontyr to do the same.

    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    italianranma
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So I have been slowly creating a WH40K conspiracy theory in my mind.

    The C'Tan Void Dragon is on Mars, and is what has been slowly influencing the Adeptus Mechanicus to replace their bodies with machines, much like it long ago influenced the Necrontyr to do the same.

    That's been a rumor for sometime
    But I think with the C'Tan broken into shards it makes more sense

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    could I use one of the left over sets of arms from the new necrons to fix a few of the old ones?

    Also in the back of one of the pics there is a tyranid orgy

    The only arms left are the arm holding the gauss flayers, the arm that connects the gun to the other arm joint in the torso were all used up.

    The Tyranids belong to my brother. He is starting to build them up, I think that group was trying to reproduce.

    Also if anyone looks closely in the picture of 80 old warriors you can see my brother's Death Guard/Chaos Space Marines as well.
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Built all 60 Indomitus warriors and put my 80 old warriors onto 32mm bases. Lots of Necron warriors that I'll probably never use outside of apocalypse.
    oozbml9ellgy.jpeg
    1r5gxi4i10i2.jpeg

    You totally should though. Implacable Necron warriors marching double file towards the enemy Is so iconic.

    Yea, it is pretty thematic but my 60 Immortals put in more work.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The weirdest side effect I keep hearing about in 9th is that mutilators have a place in the meta.

    Mutilators.

    So has the world turned on its head.

    I heard Nick Nanavati talking about it with EC mutilators. The Tabletop Titans guys have. It is becoming a thing.

    I mean I get it. Tough deepstriking melee units that don't need support and can guarantee a 6 on at least one die on a charge aren't bad.

    Though I still rather have chaos termis that didn't really go up in place and bring some shooting.

    03x29di.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Honestly with the reroll to ones on reanimation and the cost difference, I’m starting to favour Warriors over Immortals.

    Especially if the tesla guns end up getting nerfed to only work on natural sixes.

  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Honestly with the reroll to ones on reanimation and the cost difference, I’m starting to favour Warriors over Immortals.

    Especially if the tesla guns end up getting nerfed to only work on natural sixes.

    Honestly, with the copies of indomnitus I have (oops all warriors!) it's hard not to have every list I theory craft for them start with 2x10 man flayers and 2 ghost arks.

Sign In or Register to comment.