As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    I just got the 9th Core book and one thing I'm loving is the art. It's so much more gothic and dirty than the 8th rulebook and codexes.

9th has leaned back hard on the gothic look.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Silence Descends. My Necrons getting finished up....
    jkKRv4Y.jpg
    GTSLJDQ.jpg
    F5Q7JjC.jpg
    1WD27xW.jpg
    7U0gDoj.jpg
    The true test is how many survive shipping?!

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Silence Descends. My Necrons getting finished up....
    jkKRv4Y.jpg
    GTSLJDQ.jpg
    F5Q7JjC.jpg
    1WD27xW.jpg
    7U0gDoj.jpg
    The true test is how many survive shipping?!

Makes me feel bad that I didn't try to change up any of my HQs to look different.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I love the Royal Warden with the bunny ears!

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    rez08nyr6dpm.png
    Get ready for disappointment once more as bandai and GW bring out more primaris models
    This time models from the Imperial Fists and Salamander chapters. Watch as bot programs buy up their allotment within seconds. See the markup by 100X months after

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Per the post they look like they're made to order.

You can pre-order both the Imperial Fists and Salamanders figures from Saturday the 12th of September. They’ll be available to order for one week and delivered into your eager hands next year after being made to order by Bandai. Don’t worry about us selling out – everyone who orders a figure will get one. There’s no way the Imperial Fists would be found derelict in their duty, after all!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Watching this game.

https://youtu.be/xPQRjYbWifM

Mark's army is very Iron Warriors story wise even if it is competitive. A few heavy marine units surrounded by sacrificial cultist you can use as a shield. Just needs a few forge fiends.

Reminds me I want some forgefiends. They are really interesting in 9th since they ignore the movement penalties now and are basically run butcher cannons. 8 str 8 ap -1 D2 shots you can get full rerolls on is real tasty on a rather fast and decently tough unit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Khraul wrote: »
    Per the post they look like they're made to order.

You can pre-order both the Imperial Fists and Salamanders figures from Saturday the 12th of September. They’ll be available to order for one week and delivered into your eager hands next year after being made to order by Bandai. Don’t worry about us selling out – everyone who orders a figure will get one. There’s no way the Imperial Fists would be found derelict in their duty, after all!

This is what they did last time. It's a time limit to order, not a limited inventory.

I have one. It's rad. I'm probably not going to buy another one though.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    First run capped out at 9,000, iirc

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    It's not over 9000!

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Are figures like that normally that limited or was it a test run to gauge interest?

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Are figures like that normally that limited or was it a test run to gauge interest?

It's bandai they do limited runs of gunpla all the time

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I should probably pick up Blackstone Fortress now before it becomes prohibitively expensive.

And just like that I have justified to myself a purchase.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Just had a razor close (by 9th degree edition standards) 1000 point game. Eternal War, Divide & Conquer, final score 64-58. I lost, but it was super close.

I was seeing what Plasmancers could do, so I had 3 Plasmancers, 6 Trashcans (Cryptothralls), 17 immortals in three squads, 6 heavy destroyers, and 6 scarabs.

Opponent was Guard and had 3 Chimeras, 3 a Tank Commander with a demolisher cannon, a Manticore with the CP upgrading the weapon to a flat 3 damage, a company commander, 3 scout walkers (maybe one was armored?), and like 40 guardsmen. The Manticore was absolutely murderous.

The spamming of mortal wounds from the Plasmancer was a lot of fun, even if I rolled slightly below average, but the Manticore butchered anything it fired at for four rounds. Due to terrain, I never got a good look at either the Tank Commander or the Manticore from the surviving Heavy Destroyers.

I MAY have won had I picked one different secondary, however.

Secondaries for me:

Bring it Down: 14
    Thin Their Ranks: 7 (I should've picked Attrition)
    Engage on All Fronts: 7

For him:

Raise the Banners High: 4
    Domination: 6
    Lines of Demarcation: 4

Remaining points were just from Objectives held. He did get first turn. He did a good job of keeping me off objectives / Guardsman with objective secured.

BattleRound / Him / Me
    2 15 5
    3 10 5
    4 5 5
    5 5 5

At the end, he only had a Manticore with no missiles left on it and a Tank Commander left (8/12 wounds). So...close.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    I should probably pick up Blackstone Fortress now before it becomes prohibitively expensive.

And just like that I have justified to myself a purchase.

Blackstone Fortress is a blast. The only downside is that if you get a group of family/friends that really enjoy it you're gonna want to grab a bunch of the expansions.

• Options
    Horus Heresy era dice!
    ej4k12lu3yl1.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/03/the-horus-heresy-praise-the-dice-gods/

sadly I am interested but I feel it's forge world and forge world rates

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I just ordered a set for each legion I run currently. They're worth fancy dice.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'm disappointed they're shitty rounded dice with recessed pips and not the squared, printed dice that GW has been selling recently.

• Options
    .I was going to grab a set for my space Wolves, but $40 for twenty dice? Pass

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Yeah $31 US for 20 dice is a bit high.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    One of the dice is a scatter dice so you only get 19 usable dice for 40k.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Crossposting from the AOS thread - Have any of you guys used any of the tabletop aimed 4x6 foldup game tables? Stuff like the Alpha Game Table?

I'm thinking of building something for my new place, but I'm also thinking of just buying something so I can skip all of the work.

• Options
    Crossposting from the AOS thread - Have any of you guys used any of the tabletop aimed 4x6 foldup game tables? Stuff like the Alpha Game Table?

I'm thinking of building something for my new place, but I'm also thinking of just buying something so I can skip all of the work.

I built a table and 100% regret it. Buying a table would have been significantly cheaper and easier than building a table.

• Options

I have as a few in my club have them and I keep meaning to order one though less priority with the smaller 40k table size now.

They are well worth the price.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

I built a table and 100% regret it. Buying a table would have been significantly cheaper and easier than building a table.

If you think back like... 7 years ago at this point? WTF? I showed off how I built a folding 6x4 table with 2x 2x6 extensions. I had a lot of fun building it, but buying a couple-three cheap folding tables from Walmart would've been a quarter of the price and have a lot more utility. If you've got access to the equipment and love to build things, enjoy the project. If you want a table that's easy to setup, takedown and store that's where something like the Alpha is going to be superior.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I bought a 4'x6' sheet of 2" thick pink insulation board, and had it cut down the middle. I covered the top with a felt sheet to keep them sort of stuck together and bam! A super light, folding table topper battlefield.

I have them in several sizes, 3x3, 4x4, and 4x6 for different games.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Yeah $31 US for 20 dice is a bit high.

It's worth it since I run Imperial Fists as my loyalist legion and can yell, "Get Fisted," when I roll sixes. Totally worth the price of admission on those.

• Options

I have had an Alpha since they were released. Easily one of the best investments I've made.

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    The table I built in 4e is still alive and kicking to this day, has been used in dozens of places over the years, and for dozens of games.

Standard folding table with 3 2x4 MDF panels. Bought some solid velcro squares and aligned the loop (fuzzy) side on the table top, and the hook size on the panels. 4 squares per panel in the corners along the table edge. Easy to break down and relocate as needed, and very solid. The only issue is if you full weight lean on one edge of a single panel, it will flip the panel, but its pretty rare and you only need to do it once accidentally to learn to never do it again :)

I actually took that table out to the airsoft field today and used it for all my gear. It basically lives in my trunk, and any time I need it, its there.

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Knocked out another crusade match with my mixed custodes/space Wolves crusade vs my buddies necrons. The first mission in the list at 50pl. Deployment zones being wide and shallow kinda screwed him as he couldn't screen much and the objectives were simple. Just hold one, hold more, hold an opponents objective.

My mixed Wolves/Custodes - Indomitus capt, 5 wulfen, 3 bladeguard, 3 eradicators, redemptor dread (Skaldheim the Breaker!!!), dawneagle captain, 3x allarus custodes (deepstricking).
    His necrons - Plasmancer plus garbage bots, two blobs of warriors, destroyers, destroyer lord, royal warden, spindly walker thing from indomitus (no idea, reanimator?), 6x scarab bases, triarchy stalker.

Having won our first two matches, and receiving the rewards for those, plus the relics/traits on the HQ's meant that I was far enough on Crusade points that my opponent started with 8 CP to my 6.

Most of my stuff was on my right side of my deployment, with the wulfen and dawneagle on the left ready to mash his Stalker. His deployment was basically full due to the warrior blobs, with his Destroyers/Lord opposite my captain/erads/BG's/dread. I won the roll for turn one, whiffed hard due to poor targeting priorities and some bad rolling. I tried to pot shot some wound off the stalker with Skaldheim and realized after advancing my eradicators to get in range that I should have left them back where they were and shot at his destroyers which were much more of a threat on that side of the board. My wulfen moved up the left flank with the dawneagle capt but whiffed their advance and their rerolled charge. Luckily they were out of LOS. The dawneagle made an easy charge into the Stalker and chipped some wounds... not enough due to his improved shielding strat which prevented 6-5 wounds. His turn one he moved up the destoyers/lord but rolled a 3 to charge and then a 4 on the reroll (this cost him hard). The Lord managed his charge, got stuck in, and murdered some eradicators and my captain (Necrons have a strat to ignore invulns apparently, this hurt). His scarabs tied down my bladeguard on an objective and persisted until dead a few rounds later.

Turn two my wulfen moved into range and got stuck in with the plasmancer/garbagebots/triarch. Between them and the Dawneagle EVERYTHING died. Skaldheim shot the shit out of some warriors. My other flank was a little more dire. The bladeguard were pinned down by the scarabs who had way more wounds than I thought. The remaining eradicator managed to fall back to safety and luckily the Allarus managed their charge after deepstriking and murdered the Destroyer lord.

Turn three was just Skaldheim dumping more rounds into necrons in my opponents deployment zone with impunity. The wulfen and dawneagle mopped up my opponents remaining warriors and warden. The Allarus lost a man but killed the destroyers and the blade guard polished off the scarabs.

Turn four the Allarus finished off the reanimator and that was the game.

Early on it looked like he'd have way more board control than me and would murder me on objectives, but having killed all but his reanimator by the end of turn three I held all but one objective and finished the game well ahead on points.

An interesting point... Crusade agendas are much harder to manage than secondaries. AFAIK at 50PL we pick two agendas each, mine being Cull and Reaper. Reaper was easy to figure out, but Cull being 1xp per 6 models killed meant that while I murdered tons of stuff, three of my units were 1 model killed off of an XP point and a couple of those XP would have meant units moving up to Blooded rank. Bummer, but a win is a win.

Playing an elite army (literally elites for my wolves, plus Custodes) so far in 9th has been so much more fun than playing Daemons or Orks through 8th. Watching my opponent smash into big things with great saves is so much more fun that setting up 90 orks and then picking half of them back up turn one because nothing has a save worth mentioning.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Just finished another razor close game. My last two games have been incredibly close, this time a loss of 79-74. Necrons versus Astra Militarum. He had a ton of indirect fire vehicles (Two Manticore, including one upgraded with a CP to do flat damage, a Basilisk, a Wyvern), and used Guardsmen to surge forward and snag objectives. Twice he had objective secured Guardsmen "MOVE MOVE MOVE" to get onto points and prevent Necron points.

I was very sad.

My list was admittedly a bit experimental and I messed up using Tomb Blades (my first time!), but still. Imperial Guard is tough to crack at times. Highlight for me was a Catacomb Command Barge Quantum shielding the hell out of his Tank Commanders Demolisher Cannon. He rolled 1, 6, 5, 5, and 4 for damage. Barge took one damage.

:).

I'll need to make a better list next time.

• Options
    ok weird the mail was delivered today and my Necromunda Escher stuff came today

Sigh the codexes come out sooner than I thought [i thought Oct not Sept} with the preview this saturday

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    ok weird the mail was delivered today and my Necromunda Escher stuff came today

Sigh the codexes come out sooner than I thought [i thought Oct not Sept} with the preview this saturday
    I am still waiting for the Wyld Runners to come back into stock so I can get them, they sold out near instantly in Aus and I missed my chance.

I did get the last Blackstone Fortress expansion so at least that is something to look forward to painting up.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Goliaths are finally back in stock in Aus. If there's any left by the weekend I might try my luck grabbing one. I just need one Goliath and two boxes of Acolytes and I've got my 2000pt Cult army.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Just got the shipping notification for that limited pair of the SoB and Termi Librarian figures. Nearly five months from order to being shipped. Covid sure is a thing.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    There's a math article up on Goonhammer about Plague Marines with 2W and the numbers are scary. They're basically immune to Bolter fire short of massive volumes.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    There's a math article up on Goonhammer about Plague Marines with 2W and the numbers are scary. They're basically immune to Bolter fire short of massive volumes.

Fitting that Nurgle's chosen come to power amidst a global pandemic.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Just got the shipping notification for that limited pair of the SoB and Termi Librarian figures. Nearly five months from order to being shipped. Covid sure is a thing.

I got mine a while back. The Librarian is a repackaged unreleased Space Marine Adventures model (it has the exact same type of no cutters required sprue that the other Series 2 Terminators had). I haven't built the Sister yet though - I'm torn on whether I should build her as-is or wait until they get their not!lieutenant model and look at its wargear options and run it as one of those.

• Options
    daveNYC wrote: »

I got mine a while back. The Librarian is a repackaged unreleased Space Marine Adventures model (it has the exact same type of no cutters required sprue that the other Series 2 Terminators had). I haven't built the Sister yet though - I'm torn on whether I should build her as-is or wait until they get their not!lieutenant model and look at its wargear options and run it as one of those.

It is? I have not put mine together {I got two of the LT's and the SOB/Librarian a couple of weeks ago} time is meaningless!
    I kind of wanted to give him a helm as it just seems wrong how the model is

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I got the two pack because, why not; but I'm mostly in it for the SoB. I'm a sucker for the nuns with guns models. Except for the hospitaller and canoness, too static for my tastes.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!