[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

19091929395

Posts

  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Question about the Haruspexes attack wording.

    Rapacious Hunger says 'Each time the Haruspex slays an enemy model with its ravenous maw, it can immediately make one extra attack with it's shoveling claws'.

    Just so I got it right, because it's not the first time wording that was obvious to me was wrong, that means if it kills 4 models with Ravenous maw, it gets 4 extra attacks with Shoveling Claws? Or does it only trigger the once per fight phase.

  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Question about the Haruspexes attack wording.

    Rapacious Hunger says 'Each time the Haruspex slays an enemy model with its ravenous maw, it can immediately make one extra attack with it's shoveling claws'.

    Just so I got it right, because it's not the first time wording that was obvious to me was wrong, that means if it kills 4 models with Ravenous maw, it gets 4 extra attacks with Shoveling Claws? Or does it only trigger the once per fight phase.

    The actual order would be.

    Kill with a maw. Attack with claws.

    1 kill then one attack since technically they should sequential. So if you 4 kills you get 4 attacks. Think of how it would roll without quick rolling basically.

    03x29di.png
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    The '-each time it slays an enemy model-' should make it pretty clear. If it was something ambiguous that looked like that it only triggered once then it would be more like 'if it slays an enemy with its maw, it may then make a single attack with...'

  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Yeah it felt like it was clear, but it wouldn’t be the first time I read a rule I thought was clear and was wrong.

    Managed to get a second hand Exocrine and Haruspex, so I look forward to the Haruspex munching through some Wyches.

    Khraul
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Or deffkoptas...

    You can still get Deffkoptas, you just have to buy the ancient metal model from GW (that is so heavy that it will break the tip off of the flightstand it comes with), instead of the much better looking plastic ones from AoBR.

    The reason why we'll never get those old Deffkoptas is because AoBR came out before GW realized that putting individual armies on their own sprues was a good idea, so the Marine models and the Ork models are all intermixed on the same sprues. They did release part of the box a few years back as a starter box for the "Battle for Vedros" line (which was basically a simplified version of 40K that was sold at toy stores and hobby shops), and when stores were closing them out that was a really great way to get a ton of Orks and old Marine models dirt cheap.

    A while back GW did a print on demand run of Dark Vengeance, so I still hold out hope that someday they'll do the same for Assault on Black Reach, but considering how hard they're trying to get us to forget about Firstborn Marines I doubt it'll ever happen.

    gRAhjXV.gif
    Brainleech
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If you can get a multi charge with the haruspex on a blob and something harder it shreds - put all the extra attacks on the harder target and decimate two units either the fight twice Strat.

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The lord of virulence preview makes it look like they haphazardly slapped some rules and a random model together that don't really fit?
    A terminator, with a power fist and a flamer basically.
    That also makes ranged plague weapons better.
    And he's an artillery spotter.

    Like none of his special rules have anything to do with the model.

    italianranma
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    The lord of virulence preview makes it look like they haphazardly slapped some rules and a random model together that don't really fit?
    A terminator, with a power fist and a flamer basically.
    That also makes ranged plague weapons better.
    And he's an artillery spotter.

    Like none of his special rules have anything to do with the model.

    I think is an interesting fit with daemon engines and a plague launcher/spewer heavy list. A tough character who is a decent beat stick. And gives you a lot of bonus buffs for a lot of different weapons. I don't think he is game breaking but with the speed increase of DG termis he is interesting. Especially if they still have stuff turn bolters and such in plague weapons. The bombard is an orbital bombardment but better. Great for dropping a mass of wounds on an infantry castle or in the middle. Not broken though.

    I have to see the rest of the army though to really place him.

    03x29di.png
    Khraul
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I've got a small collection of DG stuff and I'm really interested to see what they do with the army overall in the codex before I decide to expand it.

    The crusade content I've seen so far with other books has my expectations set pretty high, so we'll see how it all looks.

    I already like what I've seen with rules previews

    That said I already have too many armies, sooooo

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I just ordered the marine half of indomitus. I think I have enough Deathwatch shoulders for it.

    If not I will get more.

    I need the bladeguard, bikes, and characters. The assault intercessors are so not interesting to me as Deathwatch.

    03x29di.png
    Khraul
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I just ordered the marine half of indomitus. I think I have enough Deathwatch shoulders for it.

    If not I will get more.

    I need the bladeguard, bikes, and characters. The assault intercessors are so not interesting to me as Deathwatch.

    That is gonna be so tedious to cut away the shoulders so the deathwatch ones fit.

    I did it once and was so annoyed by it.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I just ordered the marine half of indomitus. I think I have enough Deathwatch shoulders for it.

    If not I will get more.

    I need the bladeguard, bikes, and characters. The assault intercessors are so not interesting to me as Deathwatch.

    That is gonna be so tedious to cut away the shoulders so the deathwatch ones fit.

    I did it once and was so annoyed by it.

    If you’re going to do that, get yourself a nice razor saw. Faffing around with clippers or a jewellers saw will work but it will suck.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Khraul
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    My LGS still has a Chaos Decimation Warband in stock from the holidays.

    If I merge them with my chaos daemons that still counts as one army, right?

    I've had them put it on hold for me.... all those new sculpts look so good.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 14
    Oddly enough not all have left pads attached.

    3e499350-primaris-captain-sprue.jpg

    Edit:

    A little trick also, termi sized pads will fit over intercessor pads and look fine.

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    FYI that the Zone Mortalis Necromunda Floor tiles appear to be in stock again

  • pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    My LGS still has a Chaos Decimation Warband in stock from the holidays.

    If I merge them with my chaos daemons that still counts as one army, right?

    I've had them put it on hold for me.... all those new sculpts look so good.

    If you wanna keep the Legion trait + stratagems you gotta split 'em into a separate detachment.

    Also worth noting that Daemon psychic powers are God-specific, so pay attention to what Mark of Chaos you give your CSM units.

    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

    You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
    Khraul
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Some leaks have popped up for the Death Guard book. Massive improvement over the previous codex, but nothing that seems out of line with the current power levels of the books released so far.

    https://imgur.com/a/g0rbLso

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Viking
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I've been looking at trying combined arms lists with Tyranids and Genestealers. Mostly because my Tyranids are very shooty (Dakkafexes, Dakka Tyrant, Zoanthropes, incoming Exocrine), so I've been looking at using a Patrol of Genestealer Cult with some hard hitting assault units - Rock Saw packing Hybrids, Metamorphs, etc.

    It's weird because I always end up setting the Patriarch of the little Patrol as Warlord while the hive Tyrant cries in a corner. Four Armed Emperors Warlord trait is just too handy.

  • PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    My LGS still has a Chaos Decimation Warband in stock from the holidays.

    If I merge them with my chaos daemons that still counts as one army, right?

    I've had them put it on hold for me.... all those new sculpts look so good.

    If you wanna keep the Legion trait + stratagems you gotta split 'em into a separate detachment.

    Also worth noting that Daemon psychic powers are God-specific, so pay attention to what Mark of Chaos you give your CSM units.

    If you summon them in, the demons wouldn't break battle-forged status, correct? I only got back in to the game right before the start of 9th and that was my understanding, but I could absolutely be wrong.

    "If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
    Styrofoam Sammich
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    My LGS still has a Chaos Decimation Warband in stock from the holidays.

    If I merge them with my chaos daemons that still counts as one army, right?

    I've had them put it on hold for me.... all those new sculpts look so good.

    If you wanna keep the Legion trait + stratagems you gotta split 'em into a separate detachment.

    Also worth noting that Daemon psychic powers are God-specific, so pay attention to what Mark of Chaos you give your CSM units.

    If you summon them in, the demons wouldn't break battle-forged status, correct? I only got back in to the game right before the start of 9th and that was my understanding, but I could absolutely be wrong.

    I'm not actually sure how this works. I assume it doesn't break battle-forged, but do they still get their Locus from the Daemons codex? For something like a Keeper of secrets it's fairly important to keep that adv/charge.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited January 16
    re. summoning.

    Advantage
    -Does not break Battle Forged for the rest of your army
    -Flexible (you decide what to summon after rolling and seeing how many points worth of demons you get)

    Disadvantage
    -Not part of the detachment so no loci
    -Can't use Demon strategems (unless you also have a Demons detachment)
    -Have to have the points for the summoned units "in reserve"

    Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    Khraul
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Lol not going to get much sympathy for the disadvantage of having to pay points for your units.

    Nechriah
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 16
    Viking wrote: »
    re. summoning.

    Advantage
    -Does not break Battle Forged for the rest of your army
    -Flexible (you decide what to summon after rolling and seeing how many points worth of demons you get)

    Disadvantage
    -Not part of the detachment so no loci
    -Can't use Demon strategems (unless you also have a Demons detachment)
    -Have to have the points for the summoned units "in reserve"

    Alright, that's easy enough then.

    I think I'm going to run an Emps children detachment and a Slaanesh daemons detachment. I love my keeper of secrets and I'm pretty fond of fiends so far. I've also heard Emps children are pretty good, though I'm not keen on resin Noise Marine upgrades (do they fit on the new truescale models?)

    The Purge and Flawless host are on the menu as well cuz they seem like they have some fun stuff to work with.

    Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited January 16
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Lol not going to get much sympathy for the disadvantage of having to pay points for your units.
    fair that,
    It is more that you are paying points for something you may not get to the table.

    it does drive my win at all costs/squeeze-every-last-point-of-an-army friend bonkers when I have 100 points sitting there unused, and end a game with some still sitting there taunting him.

    Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    Khraul
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Plague marine squads also got a bit of a downgrade when it comes to equipment options. They now have that "when the unit has 10 models" language for a second special weapon and other stuff. Also flail damage doesn't carry over anymore.

    Khraul
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    They do have a strategem to let ANY melee damage carry over though.


    KhraulitalianranmaMazzyx
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 17
    This beast showed up last week (after FINALLY coming in stock and not being sold out immediately in Canada, after like seven months of waiting) and I finally had time to build it tonight.

    So much superglue on my fingers... so much. Resin is just godawful.

    Related... my chinese knockoff Telemon and my Ukranian knockoff Achilles dread showed up this week. The molds look far better than the GW ones on the telemon. The resin seems a bit harder and more brittle but has much cleaner lines. We'll see how it builds and I'll do a comparison next week maybe.

    445xlvz6tkq1.jpg

    Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    LockedOnTargetGnome-InterruptusArdolironsizide
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Plague marine squads also got a bit of a downgrade when it comes to equipment options. They now have that "when the unit has 10 models" language for a second special weapon and other stuff. Also flail damage doesn't carry over anymore.

    I think it just forces some purposeful building

    Small 5 man squads with ranged weapons vs. larger squads with 2x each of two different weapons will probably be the move.

    italianranma
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Plague marine squads also got a bit of a downgrade when it comes to equipment options. They now have that "when the unit has 10 models" language for a second special weapon and other stuff. Also flail damage doesn't carry over anymore.

    I think it just forces some purposeful building

    Small 5 man squads with ranged weapons vs. larger squads with 2x each of two different weapons will probably be the move.

    It's actually a straight upgrade. 10 man squads can take a fuckton of special weapons now, and whilst the flail doesn't carry over, there is a strat that makes all damage on every weapon carry over and with two flails and two of the big cleavers per squad the output is insane in combat.

    Vanguard
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    Painting all these admech troops has me seriously wishing I'd just done pure knights

    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited January 18
    Painting all these admech troops has me seriously wishing I'd just done pure knights

    They're soooo detailed

    edit: Death Guard question:
    1. According to the points document poxwalkers are limited to 20 models/unit.
    2. Leak showed that you can't have more poxwalker units than Core units.
    3. Compat Patrol box comes with 1 Core unit and 30 Poxwalkers.
    4. ...
    5. profit?

    honovere on
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    4. ...

    I can answer this. In your Kill Team campaign design a scenario for your players where they have to fight off the Poxwalker hordes.

    My initial hack at this is 30 Poxwalkers released in waves of 10 each turn: they don’t get an injury roll but still get their 6+++ and use the rest of their data sheet. Additionally there’s a Noxious Blightbringer on the board. The player wins if they prevent any poxwalkers from entering the building they’re protecting over 5 turns. They lose if the poxwalkers enter the building which has two entrances (poxwalkers can’t enter if they’re in engagement range of any other models.

    Players also win if they eliminate all the enemies.

    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It's just kinda silly when the stated goal of these boxes is a legal combat patrol army.

    italianranmaGnome-Interruptus
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Rumour/speculation is that Typhus somehow makes it legal, either by raising the model limit or the unit cap.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Typhus does no such thing

  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's weird. I'm guessing that there was just some space in the box they needed to fill. Still, it's a solid box honestly. Everything in there is good now.

  • PerduraboPerdurabo Leeds, UKRegistered User regular
    Is it a sprue thing?

    I'm starting a crusade campaign this weekend online against my friend's DG army. My word bearers are gonna get trounced I'm sure, but hey ho.

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Looking at the PL document in a combat patrol yoe can field at most Typhus (PL9), Biologus (PL4), 5 Marines (PL6), 20 Poxwalkers (PL6): Total PL:25

    So it's usable as that with 2 Marines and 10 walkers left over.

    The slightly annoying bit about about the new equipment option rules for the Plague Marines is that they come in boxes of 7 but the rules work best at 5 or 10.

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I think I saw that the poxwalker sprues are straight from the old boxset, so they still have components for plague marines on them and stuff, so I'd guess the weird unit size is a sprue issue, yeah.



  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 18
    I think the box has 500 points of playable modes in it. Typhus and 20 walkers are more than half of that, with the remainder going to the Biologus model and some iteration of PMs.

    My gut is that it’s a way to encourage a purchase of the new Poxwalkers box since you would have two full size units with that purchase.

    Vanguard on
Sign In or Register to comment.