As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    I think a proper helmet to cover up the silly little lady head and those things would look pretty good. I'm not sure where her legs fit, but eh whatever!
    They thought of that:
    52c0t25a9xpf.jpeg

Also, looks like an additional close combat and shoulder weapon option. Missile launchers though… not particularly Sororities but at least there’s precedent in the Exorcist.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The legs are in the suit legs? Especially if the pilot isn't actually wearing a whole Power Armour suit below the exo armour there should be enough space. The video also shows one model with helmet on and it does look better. Would probably be even more better if the whole hood of the exosuit came down. Sorta like the plasma imceptors.

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Yea it's like a Shirow Masamune style power armor suit, your legs go in the suit's legs (but don't reach all the way down) and your arms are mid-torso and the big suit arms mirror their actions.

Appleseed Landmates are a good example, and Infinity TAGs with their strong anime aesthetic, etc.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Yea it's like a Shirow Masamune style power armor suit, your legs go in the suit's legs (but don't reach all the way down) and your arms are mid-torso and the big suit arms mirror their actions.

Appleseed Landmates are a good example, and Infinity TAGs with their strong anime aesthetic, etc.

This just isn't an aesthetic that works for Sisters, IMO. Like looking at these next to Penitent Engines makes them look even more out of place in the army.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Lanlaorn wrote: »

This just isn't an aesthetic that works for Sisters, IMO. Like looking at these next to Penitent Engines makes them look even more out of place in the army.

I like the models, but I agree with this sentiment

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    But if the legs are in the suit's thighs, then she cant bend her legs and is like... goosestepping around i guess?. I get the Shirow landmate influence, and while those are also kinda stretching plausibility, they have MASSIVE thighs to house the operator's legs. And in the more sensible versions, the knee joints are designed to bend armound the operator's.
    541d2aee7f08437cf85676f89bf9645c.jpg
    274bf7a36f069f1039a66474a021a99f.jpg

The more I look at it, the more I agree about the aesthetics being a bit banal for sisters. Aside from the sword and little bits of filligre, it's really just an exosuit. For a faction that has crucifix/ironmaiden punishment mechs, rocket launcher pipe organs, and a literal angelic saint, it does seem a bit understated. These should've been like animatronic marble statues, or cloaked in giant filigreed nun habits, or something.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Picked up the new DG codex today, looks like demons are entirely out? No sheets for nurglings or plaguebearers and no references to demonic summoning. Seems kinda lame given there are character models with nurglings on them.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
    edited January 2021
    I think the summoning rules are in the daemon codex, they just removed the cruft from the DG codex to stop them from having to update multiple sources (hello pink horrors!)
    Nothing mechanically has changed, you can still ally in daemon detachments (but break your contagions), or summon in nurgle daemons with nurgle characters. But summoning is bad and no one does it.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I think the summoning rules are in the daemon codex, they just removed the cruft from the DG codex to stop them from having to update multiple sources (hello pink horrors!)
    Nothing mechanically has changed, you can still ally in daemon detachments (but break your contagions), or summon in nurgle daemons with nurgle characters. But summoning is bad and no one does it.

Not sure about summoning as that was a specific rule in the codex. Daemonic ritual (summoning) was actually a Death Guard ability like DTTFE or DG. And specifically called out a death guard character. Without that rule they cannot summon anymore. CSM, T-Sons, and Daemons still can as each of their codices do have the rule.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Oh, guess that makes sense. I only got back into things last January and never got to bring my army to the FLGS before the pandemic hit, so the extent of my actual game play experience extends to solo practice, and admittedly summoning never really seemed to lay off for me there.

But as long as they can still summon in some nurglings during narrative games I'm happy.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
    edited January 2021
    The wording for summoning is
    Instead of moving in their Movement phase, any CHAOS CHARACTER can, at the end of their Movement phase, attempt to summon a DAEMON unit with this ability by performing a Daemonic Ritual
    The Daemon units that you summon have Daemonic Ritual ability, but -any- CHAOS CHARACTER keyworded units can attempt to summon them, which includes all the DG characters.

RE: mechasisters: I thought this shoulder dropped edit looked pretty cool. Big gangly knight. be better with an oversized helmet like a vendread.
    1093265_sm-Fixed%20SOB%20walker.jpg

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Glad the chronomancer is finally coming out, slightly bummed it is in a KT box though.

I'm down for that KT box at least. Seems like fun especially since I enjoyed arena.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • MonwynMonwyn Apathy's a tragedy, and boredom is a crime. A little bit of everything, all of the time.Registered User regular
    I think a proper helmet to cover up the silly little lady head and those things would look pretty good. I'm not sure where her legs fit, but eh whatever!

Yeah getting rid of the head would probably help a lot. With it visible the proportions feel deeply ridiculous, especially since it's not clear where the driver's legs are. The thing looks like Bayonetta minus boobs.

uH3IcEi.png
    Is it still possible to buy all the Blackstone Fortress stuff?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

For $$$$ yes

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

I’m showing all of them available on the GW Canada webstore, except the Escalation expansion is only available in French.

Speaking of, I’m considering picking up a copy of Indomitus for ~$240 CAD, but mostly I’m just interested in the Astartes models for Kill Team and the models + rulebook for Crusades. Is it still a decent deal? I’m doubtful I will be able to unload the Necrons for a decent amount, so I might hang onto them as a backup team and still get some use out of them.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The Necrons appear to be everywhere, and not very hard to get at good prices. But what you get in Indomitus is pretty impressive. It can easily make up a small army itself, so keeping it around for a rainy day is probably your best use of them.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2021
    Brainleech wrote: »

For $$$$ yes

You can get the core game, plus Escalation from the US GW store. Those are the two most important boxes IMO. The other expansions are cool but not worth what the secondary market is charging for them.

Vanguard on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

I’m showing all of them available on the GW Canada webstore, except the Escalation expansion is only available in French.

Speaking of, I’m considering picking up a copy of Indomitus for ~$240 CAD, but mostly I’m just interested in the Astartes models for Kill Team and the models + rulebook for Crusades. Is it still a decent deal? I’m doubtful I will be able to unload the Necrons for a decent amount, so I might hang onto them as a backup team and still get some use out of them.

Its hard to tell because a lot of those models are coming to KT but we dont have rules for them yet. You could just get a normal box of assault intercessors.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Taking back the 'Warmaster' name, I see.

H9f4bVe.png

Its hard to tell because a lot of those models are coming to KT but we dont have rules for them yet. You could just get a normal box of assault intercessors.

I am also hoping to build a Blood Ravens army for the local crusade group in my area, which gives me some time before lockdown restrictions are relaxed enough.

But looking at the Indomitus box price compared to buying the squads separately, even ignoring the Necrons its still a decent deal. I might have spent more effort to get things separately, but couldnt find any equivalent units to the Bladeguard, and still would have spent more once I added in a rulebook.

But too late now, because I managed to pick up the last Indomitus box from my local independent gamestore for MRSP. :D

steam_sig.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm happy KT is getting an update, adding things like Assault Intercessors.

I'm less excited that Heavy Intercessors are making their first model appearance in that box.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »

I'm less excited that Heavy Intercessors are making their first model appearance in that box.

The first Killteam starter box was an incredible value. You got two full ten man squads plus a ton of terrain for $130.

The second Killteam starter box cut one of the squads in half (down to 15 models), and gave you less terrain, and was $160.

The new Killteam starter box will give you even fewer models (only 12 models total), plus no actual terrain (just a bunch of green doors and spacecrates), so I am fully expecting a $200 pricetag. I am also expecting the box to sell out instantly because people want Heavy Intercessors that badly.

The first Killteam starter box was an incredible value. You got two full ten man squads plus a ton of terrain for $130.

The second Killteam starter box cut one of the squads in half (down to 15 models), and gave you less terrain, and was $160.

The new Killteam starter box will give you even fewer models (only 12 models total), plus no actual terrain (just a bunch of green doors and spacecrates), so I am fully expecting a $200 pricetag. I am also expecting the box to sell out instantly because people want Heavy Intercessors that badly.

Pariah Nexus isnt a starter box, its an expansion. And judging by the contents it looks like it is meant to be combined with Indomitus or one of the new 9th starter boxes.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2021
    So I bought Blackstone fortress and the Ascension expansion from GW and found a new and unopened escalation for $152 total on ebay from a seller with a lot of positive reviews.

Hopefully this is legit. I know it is $40 over msrp but every other listing was $225+.

Stragint on

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    The only thing I really want from Blackstone Fortress is the Zoat, do historical purposes (it used to be a Tyranid unit).

But I didn’t $100au want it.

-Loki- on
    -Loki- wrote: »
    The only thing I really want from Blackstone Fortress is the Zoat, do historical purposes (it used to be a Tyranid unit).

But I didn’t $100au want it.

I kind of want that one, honestly I'd like all of them for maximum content.
    Vanguard wrote: »

For $$$$ yes

You can get the core game, plus Escalation from the US GW store. Those are the two most important boxes IMO. The other expansions are cool but not worth what the secondary market is charging for them.

So I just reread this and I for some reason thought you meant ascension online. I saw escalation was temp sold out but was told it was no longer being printed. Will it actually be available again and did I just bull an idiot move by buying it for $150 on ebay instead of waiting for it to be up for sale again?

You can get the Zoat on amazon for 51 and escalation seems to be out of stock and yeah in the hands of the third party so I would wait and see

Really I missed out on abominable intellect and no respite for blackstone I know they are in the range of don't bother prices
    So I am waiting for when they come down
    It is kind of annoying gw does one an done or limited printings of certain items

As a side and my own curiosity are the envelope fixed or random I have never opened the ones I have {as we only completed the missions a few times} I see them for sale on ebay every once in while

Not sure if folks have watched it but this weekend has been Uprising:Adelaide because you know Aussie land can do stuff like that.

8 round 3 day tourney. They are on the last round and the current top 2 are both Chaos lists.

Top list is a mix daemon/CSM list. With 20 Emp's Children termis, nurgle, and slaanesh daemons.

The second list, which has multiple perfect games is running 60 possessed marines with his only lost to the list above.

Just kind of fascinating to watch. The Aussie scene has always had a bit of its own meta but the second list was declared dead in 9th and is proving it still does work. I mean its 60 Word bearer possessed with mark of slaanesh backed my the named DP, a lord of possession, an apostle, and a sorc.

Just a nutty list. Total troops are 30xcultist and 10 daemonettes.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    As a side and my own curiosity are the envelope fixed or random I have never opened the ones I have {as we only completed the missions a few times} I see them for sale on ebay every once in while

Fixed - we beat'd the core mission back in 2019 and it was great

What do the other expansions even offer for blackstone besides ascension and escalation? The zoat one and ambull one look like they might be interesting but everything else looks to be not very useful.

Missions, board parts, a different encounter. It's up to you as the Zoat is worth it for being an odd mini and throwback to a different age of GW, As I said I would wait and see as the prices for the ambull and traitor guard are up there at sometime someone will drop it just to get rid of them
    The ambull I have never completed as it curb stomped us twice
    I agree we beat the core mission back then as well it was a blast just other things like the ambull and escalation we have not

So in the continuing conversation about the combat patrol box the dark angel one comes up for order later this week
    i35qxoud7r69.png
    Meh but I don't play dark angels

Also the Psychomancer for necrons
    I really need to buy the necron codex

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    What do the other expansions even offer for blackstone besides ascension and escalation? The zoat one and ambull one look like they might be interesting but everything else looks to be not very useful.
    If you only get one, get Escalation. most bang for your buck.
    after that Ascension has the end of the story. and although it only has 2 minis they are large and impressive.
    Traitor command fits into the base campaign the easiest and bumps up the threat of the base Traitor Guard.

-Expansions- all have their own mini-campaign/tokens etc. and new mechanics.
    Dreaded Ambull - 3 enemy minis
    Traitor Command - 2 enemy minis
    Escalation - 4+1 hero minis / 8 enemy minis
    No Respite - 9 enemy minis
    Deadly Alliance - 1 mini
    Ascension - 2 enemy minis

-Card Decks-
    Abominable Intellect - Harder Encounters (higher enemy counts so might need Servants of the Abyss)
    Advanced Arsenal - More Resource Cards
    Endless Peril - More Exploration Cards

-Other-
    Servants of the Abyss - an extra set of the bad guys from the base game
    Cultists of the Abyss - an extra set of the bad guys from Escalation

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    DA box is fantastic. Not a bad model in the bunch.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

Yeah, I have the KT box, it's great that it's wonderful value.

It's still a kind of underhanded way to sell boxes and one that GW continues to do because they continue to be rewarded for doing it. Want to play Heavy Intercessors for the next six months? Better pony up for that box or participate in the second hand market (which will be absurdly priced). It's slimy and transparent and I'll continue to complain about it while GW does it.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    My friend refers to the Sisters new mech-suit as a "Nundam".

Played 1k new Deathguard via my friend's White Scars. WS Bladeguard fucking EXPLODE Plague Marines with Adaptive Stratagem.

I find it amusing the Chaplain is an Ultramarines chaplain and they juuuust managed to show the blue shoulderpad, not turning the model enough to hide it.

There are very few things my bladeguard have met in my Deathwatch army that they can't explode.

This includes big knights.

u7stthr17eud.png