As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Apex Legends]: Saviors is/are here!

14648505152

Posts

  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    Pretty pleased with this 1v3 for the win. Nvidia didn't record my voice, which is probably for the best at the end where I was squealing rather excessively.


    Holy fuck those shots were insane! I’ve been playing control and grabbing every Kraber i can find for practice and i hit maybe 1/10 shots

    ForarschussKaruwen
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Got two legendary Valk skins from the four free packs, pretty chuffed about that.

    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
    Satsumomo
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Got two legendary Valk skins from the four free packs, pretty chuffed about that.

    I had 1+3 packs yesterday yield 5 leg drops, though 1 was craft mats. 2 Valk skins, the time limited gibby skin and a..... mozambique. A reminder that events like this have time limited skins, so check the event page if you want to craft. I took the beach bro Mirage even though I barely play him.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited March 16
    I had 3 wins back to back while using the 30-30 as my main gun. (Wanted to complete the 2.5k damage w/marksman weapons challenge)

    Watch me how I start to miss every single shot with this gun from now on.

    Satsumomo on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I had 3 wins back to back while using the 30-30 as my main gun. (Wanted to complete the 2.5k damage w/marksman weapons challenge)

    Watch me how I start to miss every single shot with this gun from now on.

    While it's name is 30-30, a better name is 50/50 as you're trash with it 50% of the time.

    Satsumomo
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I basically treat the 30-30 as a much chunkier Wingman that can mount a 3x scope, for better or worse

    Every once in a while I have a game where my brain goes "cowboy time" and I run some combo of the 30-30, Wingman, and Peacekeeper - it's self-imposed hardmode, especially in late circles, but damn do I occasionally have times where it pops off

    Satsumomo
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I basically treat the 30-30 as a much chunkier Wingman that can mount a 3x scope, for better or worse

    Every once in a while I have a game where my brain goes "cowboy time" and I run some combo of the 30-30, Wingman, and Peacekeeper - it's self-imposed hardmode, especially in late circles, but damn do I occasionally have times where it pops off

    I have found that the 30-30 and the Prowler make for a very solid combo. You only need heavy ammo, the only overlap in upgrades is the heavy mag, and you have all ranges covered. If you can manage to get a shatter caps hop-up, you can even use the 30-30 as a back-up pseudo-shotgun.

    Peen
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm not good so for me the 30-30 falls into the category of "fun but not good" and sometimes that's good enough.

    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
    Mortal Sky
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm not good so for me the 30-30 falls into the category of "fun but not good" and sometimes that's good enough.

    the big issue I end up having with the 30-30 is against any opponent who's better at the mid/long-range poke game with a faster gun

    I can make that kind of distance work fast with a Hemlok and Triple Take, and that also used to be where I could run a G7 all day, but for a 30-30 I need enough time for the choke to ramp up and if the other player can rock me with a 301 laserburst from 75 yards then I'm at a net loss on the exchange. Plus when I get close they still have a 301

  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    That's one of the things I had to force myself to do, not wait for the 30-30 to load up, you don't lose any accuracy if you fire as quick as possible, it's just a damage boost, and even the non-boosted shots hurt.

  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Pre-registration for Apex: Mobile is available for Android now, and there's a trailer to give you an idea of how it will look:

    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Oh I've tried it. It still needs a lot of polish, and I suck at the controls, but it is definitely really nice to see it running on Unreal Engine.

    It does suck that it has more modes and from what I understand, legends as well (upcoming) than the regular release.

  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    I got a thing!
    wbjn9esz7n7r.png

    XBL: F4ll0ut9114 | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    mRahmaniHalos Nach TariffSatsumomoschussForarUrQuanLord88cB557PeenstopgapArteenLord_Asmodeus
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nice. Did you snag some of the giant bundles from the store today?

    If my math isn't too far off, I'm pretty sure I've got my next set of shards lined up in the packs I bought (the 20 and the 150, don't judge me), but I'm sitting on them for now, possibly to open when the new season lands to snag a bunch of cosmetics for the new Legend (I've seen the spoilers), as I've done a few times now. It always feels a little empty when a new one drops and I've got nothing unlocked for them.

    Also, for those with Twitch Prime (which comes included if you have Amazon Prime), the new Maggie bundle landed the other day.

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 23
    Hey, so the next 2 years of legends and content got leaked today lmao, oof
    Be careful out there if you don't want spoilers, tons of footage from an internal build got leaked earlier, including
    9 new legends, a new BR map, 2 new arena maps, 2 guns, and a bunch of heirlooms and skins.
    Of course a lot of this stuff can change or be shelved, so it might not be exactly 2 years, but still, its a lot.

    Crippl3 on
    cB557
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Nice. Did you snag some of the giant bundles from the store today?

    If my math isn't too far off, I'm pretty sure I've got my next set of shards lined up in the packs I bought (the 20 and the 150, don't judge me), but I'm sitting on them for now, possibly to open when the new season lands to snag a bunch of cosmetics for the new Legend (I've seen the spoilers), as I've done a few times now. It always feels a little empty when a new one drops and I've got nothing unlocked for them.

    Also, for those with Twitch Prime (which comes included if you have Amazon Prime), the new Maggie bundle landed the other day.

    I just grabbed the 20 pack bundle since it was a decent deal and I had some coins. I figured I was pretty close to 500 anyway and I don't buy many packs so I was glad to finally get them!

    Next struggle is what to actually use them on...leaning towards Caustic hammer, or might try saving them for if Fuse gets an heirloom coming up.

    XBL: F4ll0ut9114 | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    For those that care about spoilers, your life is about to become much more difficult.

    Someone has leaked convincing video and other documents for like 9 upcoming Legends, the next map, several new weapons/heirlooms (one we already know about), etc.

    Obviously not all of it will release in its current state (some of it may not release at all, or in such a changed for as to be unrecognizable), but it's a massive dump of info from a source who has leaked previous verified/in game stuff, and apparently even decided to do it while implicating another existing Apex leaker, which has apparently caused him significant anguish and led to him backing away from the game/community (said alleged leaker who tried to false flag him is also allegedly in Russia, so even if EA/Respawn/Kal wanted to do something about it, he's likely well beyond their reach).

    So basically all the drama, news is out there, go digging if it makes you happy to know about potential future stuff, I'm sorry if you hate leakers spoiling upcoming surprises (or what may or may not be upcoming surprises).

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited March 25
    Had a great game tonight playing as Wraith, who I barely ever use (only did so today because of a daily). My second-best performance ever, as it happens:
    tLb97M7.jpg

    The more I play with it, the more I'm convinced that the Prowler/30-30 combo just slaps.

    Terrendos on
    schussPeenCustom SpecialArteen
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Just had a similar game, used Wraith just to clear out a daily and managed to get to 3780 damage (Previous best was 2800) using the 30-30.

    Custom Special
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited March 28
    BTW - tomorrow is the last day of algs league play for both Europe and NA with top 10 going to a LAN from each region.
    Right now the last 5 or so spots are in contention, so it's all about today's results.
    On twitch, click "command center" on the play Apex stream to get a multi stream with up to 4 teams including their comms (also can grab a map stream)
    Teams to watch:
    Europe (starts 12pm est) - Alliance, Scarz, soloqgoats(warning, lots of yelling)
    https://liquipedia.net/apexlegends/Apex_Legends_Global_Series/2022/Split_2/Pro_League/EMEA/Matches
    NA (starts at 8pm est): NRG, C9, SSG, TL, complexity
    https://liquipedia.net/apexlegends/Apex_Legends_Global_Series/2022/Split_2/Pro_League/North_America/Matches

    schuss on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I've watched a bit of it, but there's 2 things dragging it down.

    Because teamfights are too risky, it's basically a 10 minute wait inside the match where people poke and only fight sometimes, then all the action is in Round 4 and later. There people die so fast you miss most of the fights.
    And the time between fights is a bit much. I don't know if it's technical or that they want to give the players a break, but these 10-15min gaps between 15min games really turn it into a background stream for me

    I was wondering if during these league days, they could start match A+D on say the whole and half hour, and start match B+C on quarter to and past, so that you'd always have something ongoing instead. There'd be a tick of overlap (One server would be dropping / looting during the finale of the other side) but that's what replays are for.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Satsumomo
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I've watched a bit of it, but there's 2 things dragging it down.

    Because teamfights are too risky, it's basically a 10 minute wait inside the match where people poke and only fight sometimes, then all the action is in Round 4 and later. There people die so fast you miss most of the fights.
    And the time between fights is a bit much. I don't know if it's technical or that they want to give the players a break, but these 10-15min gaps between 15min games really turn it into a background stream for me

    I was wondering if during these league days, they could start match A+D on say the whole and half hour, and start match B+C on quarter to and past, so that you'd always have something ongoing instead. There'd be a tick of overlap (One server would be dropping / looting during the finale of the other side) but that's what replays are for.

    I usually use watch parties to correct for that; though there won't be any decent ones as all the pros are playing today - normally sweet(NRG) and dropped (SSG) both do solid ones.
    I find the individual POV's/discussions to be about 10x more entertaining than the cast, especially when you find a team that communicates well (also, the midgame banter is often fantastic).
    I've found the command center helps a lot with the boring intro stage, as with the map up you can catch all the early fights as well as hear the teams close to each other strategizing. Also, today lots of teams will be out for blood early as they need as many points as they can get to qualify or prevent relegation.

  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 29

    Next-gen versions are finally here with the new event today
    60 FPS on all systems, with Series X and PS5 also getting 4K resolution and nicer graphics. All platforms also getting 120Hz gameplay and PS5 getting haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, in future updates.
    Also, the event is bringing back Control mode, as well. Finally a collection event that's not a waste of time.

    Crippl3 on
    Local H JayPeencB557
  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    At 1440p I’m not noticing a difference to be honest. Still, nice to see some movement on that front.

  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nobody is sure if it's a bug or not, but when I logged in I was given 20 bonus Battlepass levels, pushing me from "hrm, about a level a day should get me there by the end" to "oh, well, I guess I'll have plenty of time not to worry about dailies or weeklies before this is all over".

    Not a complaint, but if anyone was feeling a bit of a pinch on their BP progression, logging in asap might be in your best interest (I'm guessing that even if it is an error, it's unlikely they'll rescind the levels).

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    SatsumomomRahmaniPeenHalos Nach Tariff
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Woo nice, yeah I just got those 20 levels too.

    Edit: it doesn't seem to work anymore, tried on a different account and on my PSN account and didn't get them.

  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I got like 2 levels :(

  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    I think the levels were tied to playtime during certain hiccups. Unsure though. Glad to see control back, though it kinda sucks getting matched against preds as a gold scrub.

  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of ranks, this season's rank distribution is *WILD*. Like, 4x as many people in Diamond as usual, and perhaps 10x as many people in Masters.

    As someone who has made it to Plat IV every season since S7, I'm almost at Plat III for the first time ever. I'm not sure if I'll make it there in a week, but if there was ever a season to grab a specialty trail, this might be the one.

    Obvious cause seems to be the changes they made for RP based on placement. I suspect that'll see a substantial nerf in the next season.

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've only started ranked this week, but the big difference is that winning 2 teamfights + top 5 finish is now potentially 150pts. I had a ludicrously bad run yesterday (playing while sick + terrible teammates) and still came out ahead after 5x losing the first fight then getting 1 second place in Gold.

    People certainly play placement more, one fight where I had to rat because my teammates died instantly and the other team stood in the building for thr whole time, but late zone 2 there were still 11 teams alive, when I play unranked that is more like 5.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm not feeling other competitive stuff right now so maybe I'll jump back into Apex ranked, see what I can do in the second half of the split. If anyone other console folks play late at night East Coast time (11pm+) and want to grind some hmu.

    twitch.tv/tw1tch0rz
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Speaking of ranks, this season's rank distribution is *WILD*. Like, 4x as many people in Diamond as usual, and perhaps 10x as many people in Masters.

    As someone who has made it to Plat IV every season since S7, I'm almost at Plat III for the first time ever. I'm not sure if I'll make it there in a week, but if there was ever a season to grab a specialty trail, this might be the one.

    Obvious cause seems to be the changes they made for RP based on placement. I suspect that'll see a substantial nerf in the next season.

    If you're referring to that graphic making the rounds - it's very incomplete data-wise.

  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 30
    schuss wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Speaking of ranks, this season's rank distribution is *WILD*. Like, 4x as many people in Diamond as usual, and perhaps 10x as many people in Masters.

    As someone who has made it to Plat IV every season since S7, I'm almost at Plat III for the first time ever. I'm not sure if I'll make it there in a week, but if there was ever a season to grab a specialty trail, this might be the one.

    Obvious cause seems to be the changes they made for RP based on placement. I suspect that'll see a substantial nerf in the next season.

    If you're referring to that graphic making the rounds - it's very incomplete data-wise.

    I'm basing that off of multiple Apex Legends Stat trackers, which seems to be drawing info from millions of users.

    I'm not taking it as gospel, and assume there are some inaccuracies in data collection, but we assume representative distributions using much smaller sample sizes in political threads all the time.

    Whether it's 4.25x or 6.1x or whatever, compared to previous seasons there has been a MASSIVE uptick in Diamonds and Masters.

    When Respawn used to give us the Ranked breakdown (and I have no idea why they stopped a few seasons ago), Diamond was usually the top 5-6%, and Masters was like 0.4-0.5%, with Predators being a tiny fraction of that.

    Based on multiple sites that have been tracking the predator leaderboards and the ranked distribution in general, it's a much more top heavy distribution than any season before, except maybe whatever that early season was where people could easily glitch to a specialty trail, but I wasn't around for that (S2? S3?) and have no idea how it played out in the end.

    I won't be surprised if they don't say it directly, but will be utterly shocked if they don't nerf/tweak back the RP payout with Season 13, and don't be surprised if your lobbies are *chock full* of specialty trails when the next season launches.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I'm Diamond for the first time ever, so I do believe it was probably easier to get there this season.

  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Speaking of ranks, this season's rank distribution is *WILD*. Like, 4x as many people in Diamond as usual, and perhaps 10x as many people in Masters.

    As someone who has made it to Plat IV every season since S7, I'm almost at Plat III for the first time ever. I'm not sure if I'll make it there in a week, but if there was ever a season to grab a specialty trail, this might be the one.

    Obvious cause seems to be the changes they made for RP based on placement. I suspect that'll see a substantial nerf in the next season.

    If you're referring to that graphic making the rounds - it's very incomplete data-wise.

    I'm basing that off of multiple Apex Legends Stat trackers, which seems to be drawing info from millions of users.

    I'm not taking it as gospel, and assume there are some inaccuracies in data collection, but we assume representative distributions using much smaller sample sizes in political threads all the time.

    Whether it's 4.25x or 6.1x or whatever, compared to previous seasons there has been a MASSIVE uptick in Diamonds and Masters.

    When Respawn used to give us the Ranked breakdown (and I have no idea why they stopped a few seasons ago), Diamond was usually the top 5-6%, and Masters was like 0.4-0.5%, with Predators being a tiny fraction of that.

    Based on multiple sites that have been tracking the predator leaderboards and the ranked distribution in general, it's a much more top heavy distribution than any season before, except maybe whatever that early season was where people could easily glitch to a specialty trail, but I wasn't around for that (S2? S3?) and have no idea how it played out in the end.

    I won't be surprised if they don't say it directly, but will be utterly shocked if they don't nerf/tweak back the RP payout with Season 13, and don't be surprised if your lobbies are *chock full* of specialty trails when the next season launches.

    Many of the stat trackers are based on opt-in stuff or usage of specific badge orders. That's super lossy, inconsistent and presents MAJOR audience bias as the higher you are, the more likely you are to care about detailed stats/rank.

  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited April 1
    The amount of smurfing at the low ranks is unreal, it’s fucking ridiculous to be killed by a level 11 w/ 49 kills, teaming up with a level 19 and a level 10 also with double digit kills

    ronzo on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 1
    I ran into the first smurf in ages today. Pathfinder at like account level 24 with a 4k badge showing. Seeing as this is on console I suspect it's more likely to be a smurf than a cheater, but all the same, they clearly weren't new to the game.

    Though they did rush aggressively in a way that got themselves and the rest of us killed. Just another reminder; high damage badges don't mean shit if the person thinks they belong in Masters but plays like they're in pubs.

    Edit: "smurf" could be someone from PC who plays with friends on console, or any number of other things, but your average run of the mill "I just got access to ranked recently" generally doesn't have a 4k showing, in my humble experience.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I got my Plat 4 in the lamest way possible. Dropped late and far, and in the first 150 seconds, 50 players died. Never seen this in ranked. Don't know it was because it was later, maybe there was some massive server issue? We were away from the action. Cue 10 minutes of not seeing anybody until Ring 4, at that point it's 3 2 2 1 and we're the 3. One of the 2's has superior position, a kraber and a longbow, so we have to wait until they get pushed of the ledge. 4 more minutes of waiting.

    They ash port into the building with the solo, kill the solo but lose one. So the "finale" is 3 2 1, the 1 gets sniped by teammate. The other team one runs out and dies instantly, the other decides to wait inside and die to zone behind a glass wall. 2 of my teammates actually try to chase him and die, zo it ends with me standing alone center zone, fighting noone.
    0 kills 1 assist 400 damage 100ish points.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Local H JayRedcoat-13schuss
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    What the heck happened to Arenas? I've been avoiding it the last couple seasons, but I thought I'd give it a try a bit this afternoon. I played like 5 games and in 4 of them everyone but me was a low-level with ungodly aim. Like, I died to a double headshot Sentinel in Round 1, where you can't actually afford a scope for it.

    Granted I haven't been playing at my best the last week or so (maybe it's just getting to that point in the season when all the casuals drop off and it's just the die-hards still playing?) but even so. It's not like I was playing ranked, either, so there's no need for people to smurf on an alt.

  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Arena is often a magnet for 3 kinds of players who can make it unbearable. 1. Cheaters 2. Smurfs 3. People who play a ton of other FPS' but don't care about Battle Royale

    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
Sign In or Register to comment.