As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Apex Legends]: Season 8 Mayhem!

1242526272830»

• PeenPeen tw1tch0rz occasionallyRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it is but it's so good!

I'm looking forward to the "every time someone dies the rounds get shorter" mode because that feels like an extremely chaotic good time.

metaghostKhraulForar
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I think they're all recolours, yeah, but there's some nice looking skins there, and a few are free in the prize track too.

I don't know that two days per mode is gonna be enough time, but then again sometimes the two week takeovers can wear out their welcome, so whatever.

Got a win yesterday where I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been Loba we'd have been screwed, first time for everything I suppose! We got in a protracted, messy fight that left us well out in the ring with limited healing, with another team trying to keep us out of zone, so we had to go the long way round and use the Loba ult to tactically grab enough meds and heat shields to keep everyone just about alive till we could slip back into zone.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it is but it's so good!

I'm looking forward to the "every time someone dies the rounds get shorter" mode because that feels like an extremely chaotic good time.

As someone who traditionally aims to drop on the quieter side, I foresee a lot of "okay, we're down, we're looting, the ring is kind of far but was have time OH FUCK THIRTY PEOPLE JUST DIED GO GO GO!".

Or alternatively, some 4th or 5th rings with fairly quiet/timid lobbies where a bunch of people die and it becomes a cascading clusterfuck as the jumping ring eats a bunch of people, assuming it causes the ring to jump rather than just countdowns to jump or accelerate (I haven't gotten to watch the video yet, so apologies if this is covered in there, just spitballing off the cuff here...)

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It's a shame the second chance game mode was bugged, I was having fun with that one for the brief period it was online:

(My heart was racing after that one, I tell you what!)

I had an absolutely wild game yesterday where we were a squadmate down to begin with, dropped on the opposite side of the map from zone, had to basically sprint between constant firefights respawning one another (thank goodness for the Black Market!) And then in the final ring we wound up trapped in a tiny corner of Salvage, separated from the rest of the circle by a ravine, whilst the other two teams fought. I could get across to the other side with my bracelet but my Crypto team mate was totally stuck, dropped him my triple take so he could at least try and poke until the ring closed on him, it took four attempts for the bracelet to actually work and by that time the last surviving enemy player had healed up and we then got into an extremely clumsy, frantic fight cos I slipped off a roof trying to get an angle and basically fell on her head, managed to win but I'm not sure how!

Also Respawn released a tiny teaser for Season 9, looks like Olympus is being updated (but not destroyed as is the custom for map updates) and there was a blink and you'll miss it shot of what is presumably the new legend, who looks like they have some sort of jetpack/hoverpack situation.

cB557