As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Apex Legends]: Breakout is here! 5 years of ApeLegs!

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Vending Machines in Big Maude now have buyer protection.

I haven't played in 2 or 3 seasons, what the hell does this mean

There's a POI on World's Edge that sells special weapons for crafting mats. The gold ones are worth 100 mats, but it was really stupid that you could buy one, and a teammate of yours could snatch it up immediately from you. I can't believe it took them this long to fix that.

Satsumomo on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I supremely object to the nerfs to Valkyrie, on the grounds that she's my favorite legend and how dare they.

Also the 30-30 getting to use Skullpiercer sounds good.

Edit: Also I barely touched him but those Newcastle buffs seem pretty good??

Peen on
    edited August 2022
    Maggie's ultimate being able to break Gibby's dome is huge. There's a lot of changes that really shake the meta, I'm looking forward to this season.

Satsumomo on
    Yeah I always liked the idea of Maggie as a character, I'll give her a shot.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I love the EVA-8 buffs, it's one of my favorite guns

• mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    RIP valk, the height and movement changes are brutal. Glad i didn’t spend my heirloom shards on her

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I was gonna say, Valk really took a hit there, not undeserved I suppose, but it looks like a lot when they list it all our like that!
    Interesting Maggie buffs though, my issue with the ball was more that it was too unpredictable rather than a problem with its actual utility, but with the stun fixed and the added bonus of popping Gibby bubbles I'm interested in seeing how it looks now.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    one of my friends, who I play casual trios with regularly, is a Maggie main and this buff has already made her entire week

the Valk nerfs seem like they're much-needed at top-level play, but the rotation ability of her ult and the stun of the tactical were both oppressive even in casual matches so all in all, I see it as a net positive. she's still got unparalleled control over short burst mobility in multiple directions (Pathy beats her in a straight line, unless you can sweat out a tap-strafe rotational movement with him)

I'm witholding judgment about the Valk nerfs until I've had a chance to mess around with her today because honestly her short range jump mobility is what I'm here for, her tactical and ult were always secondary concerns for me, but I'm fully ready to jump into being a Maggie main. Here's hoping my Xbox automatically updates the game for once and I don't have to wait through the installation process tonight!

These new ring changes have made King's canyon a 5th party fest that's for sure.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Another season, another round of shenanigans.

Whew, silver solo queue is spicy.

Not gonna lose any sleep getting in the minimum amount of activity this week until I’ve got a friend or two in the party.

I like that they show the previous season rank of teammates. If my random squaddies are bronze IV/bronze IV, yeah, I’m aiming for somewhere quiet unless they’re showing 4 digit kills+.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Hah, this Newcastle buff is great, I just pulled off a full revive directly in front of a strafing octane whilst he tried to get around my shield, hilarious

Apparently the bugs are flying fast and furious. Legends are loading in with the wrong set of abilities (unsure from reports if it's a chosen legend getting different abilities, or the correct abilities applied to a random incorrect legend). Valk that throws mirages, Ash that has Loba's bracelet and voicelines, it's weird. No idea if it's just client side or if other players see it as well, but from reactions in one video, it seems that at least team mates see the incorrect combo as well.

Some are saying it may be tied to having a legend pre-selected that's chosen already and it randoming to another while giving the originals traits, because now that I think about it I'm pretty sure in one video there were effectively two mirages (though as noted, one was ostensibly a Valkyrie).

People are saying they aren't getting apex packs for levelling up with the prestige system. Pretty sure I didn't get one when I hit 2 last night, now that I think about it.

Apparently legend tokens aren't being granted either, which is complicated for folks who want Vantage and don't have enough.

Yeah, major patches always bring bugs, and I'm sure most of these will be fixed asap (though at the same time, some bugs have persisted through multiple seasons if not years, sooo), but I thought it was worth giving a heads up.

I couldn't even get into a game last night (on Xbox), it kept saying that my party wasn't ready when I'd ready up even though I wasn't in a party. I figured it was probably just first day jitters and just played something else but it sucks for people who were really trying to get into it.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    I had a loba that was crypto. It was hilarious. Dude playing it was like "why do I have a drone?"

• BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    I had several ranked games where I had no teammates.

Besides a couple really hard crashes I actually haven't hit any bugs yet, somehow

I've seen the Newcastle revive glitch where you can get knocked into sliding speed by an enemy punch or dropping down a ledge, and also sometimes his shield disappears during his default emote animation

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

9cncoxkl05pr.png
    Uncapped points are fun....

In related news, I bet that you really need to avoid the middle of the map until as late as possible in ranked.

The area around Cascades and around Cage are just a constant fight, and if you arrive early you'll be the one getting pinched. I guess riding the zone is the play.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    That’s a dangerous game with how damaging zone 1 is now, though.

I was excited about vantage but she’s not as useful as I hoped. The big laser prevents you from surprising a team with her ult, so I find myself doing much better with a longbow and almost never using her ult instead. The passive is ok, nothing special, which leaves me feeling like the tac is the only thing I use with any regularity.

Would the passive be good for people who haven't really tried to snipe at all and, as a result, are almost certainly bad at it?

Yeah I think that if you rarely snipe in the game, her passive will help you get a feel for the bullet drop much faster than trying to constantly guess if you’re shooting too high or low. But it won’t help you figure out how far to lead shots horizontally, which limits its effectiveness.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Took a few seasons but I finally picked up No Witnesses off the back of this game
    https://youtu.be/npIkfW0Mupo

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Man gold is a real treshhold into sweat city. Just had a zone 1 end with 19 teams alive.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Pushed from Bronze IV to Silver II in one day today, through a string of luck and a few really choice plays, as well as a win and a lot of top 5 games

I'm not necessarily good yet but I can feel myself getting better

Gold remains a mess. Some days my allies are Bronze IV but showing 1k+ kills, others they're Bronze IV, account level 20, and very painfully new to the game.

The 5 extra RP entry fee is definitely something to overcome, but the uncapped RP gains makes the occasional good game truly great, win or lose.

I'm on the cusp of Gold III, with 5'ish weeks left in the usual quest for Platinum, but the bugs continue. A small patch today, but apparently the legend token rewards and apex packs being missed weren't included. Hardly a huge concern, but with store rotations happening every couple of days, it'd be nice to actually feel like I could grab a recolour here and there without being left too low and no eta on when I might actually get the 9k or so I'm owed at this point.

#FirstWorldProblems

I enjoyed this a lot.

https://youtu.be/P23_zG4VAxA

Oh man, if you like that BeanBag has an entire channel devoted to wacky apex shenanigans. He did one on the loot bins last week:

https://youtu.be/YswNYWJ5pRw

edited August 2022
    Todd and Brad and the gang down under have a pretty specific flavor that I dig but I'll try those guys out, thanks!

Peen on
    Dang, my trusty old ps4 controller was starting to feel its age, so I ordered a new one, but the headphone jack in it mysteriously only plays audio if I'm directly looking at the source, can't hear anything at all from behind my character, footsteps, pings, gunfire, nuthin, so I guess I'm back on the old, janky one for now unless I can find a way to fix that.

Also this season feels way sweatier to me, I've mostly just been hitting daily challenges and bailing recently.

yeah I had a stretch of a few great days where I got from bronze to upper silver and, in spite of feeling more on my A-gamer than ever with regards to aiming and cover usage than ever, I simply have not been able to edge past Silver 2. partly because I tend to get shit luck in solo queue wrt ranked teammates, but also partly because the sweat factor is unrelenting

edited September 2022
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    lol what was that squad doing?

I think they had all taken some zone damage and we’re trying to heal. I would have been screwed if they all pushed me together… had no idea all 3 were right there.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Had a very odd game on Stormpoint

The guy calling the drop, dc’d for whatever reason. The pathfinder dropped on his own almost straight away on Check point (I don’t know if he noticed our leader wasn’t doing anything or he was just keen on getting in to a fight).

I then became flight master over Antenna and dropped at which point I was missing a team mate and the one with me and want doing anything.

Managed to hoof my way to Checkpoint and arrive in time to help the pathfinder in the middle of the fight. We then killed 2 other teams on our way to Cascade Falls when he zip lined away and I got caught by a team of 3.

The pathfinder then apologised for not getting my beacon; I told him not to worry as there was a team on my body and the ring had closed already.

He then went on to win vs the last team (2vs1)

A win’s a win right?

PSN Fleety2009
    edited September 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZouBTQXFDOk

Sometimes you just proceed through an experience in a state of finely, professionally controlled panic.

We ended up in, like, 4th or so. Frankly I thought we were proper screwed before, during, and after that moment.

Forar on
    Well I'll be, a collection event that actually has an interesting sounding LTM (I don't think they've done it before but I might have lost track) and an heirloom for Loba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMjn_GDFrUA

Finally, Loba's heirloom! I'd been saving shards for this, but I daresay I might like the skins enough to just snag the epics with crafting materials and the legendaries with cash. Yes, I'm part of the problem.

"Out of Bounds timer will now start once the player has touched the ground when landing out of bounds."

Nice. With how short it is now, even just seeing it tick for a few seconds unnecessarily can be a little eyebrow raising. 'Game, I'm in a valk ult, I'm definitely not out of bounds in the way you think I am...'

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Well I'll be, a collection event that actually has an interesting sounding LTM (I don't think they've done it before but I might have lost track) and an heirloom for Loba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMjn_GDFrUA

I don't think we've had it in Apex? That's basically CoD gun game right?

Seems like they went too hard on the same idea for the skins. I get it, Predator and whatnot, but maybe only 10% of them look good?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I don't like those skins at all, it's impossible to tell who is who, they all look alike. The characters are supposed to look different so you know who you're fighting.