As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] thread: Don't get excited, Dibby; we're just talking.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    MMMig wrote: »
    So Grubby announced a new HOTS league for NA with Heroes Hearth...

So you beat me but my post was better.

1v1 solo lane hots

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I'm just gonna leave this here:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/TrustworthyCoyDeerFunRun

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    HEY! I'M SORRY I MENTIONED REDDIT!

So, uh...we should be getting a new patch soon right? It's been almost a month now. Any guesses as to what gets changed?

There was a reddit internet post that patch should have been this week and was delayed till next week

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I can't play her well enough to warrant it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cassia got another round of small nerfs since she's still apparently ovetuned.

Probably Mei too? I suck shit with her as well, but her pick and ban rates seem to be far beyond any other tank.

forty on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have only played Cassia in the brawl the first time was ugly as my team was box farming so got a non healing malf and no tank

The 2nd time was this last week and it was smooth. I feel Mei was a mistake

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Not to cause another Reddit/4chan convo, but I got 174 Karma now off of a Legends of Runeterra video and an older Artanis 1v1 clip. So just gotta wait a few day to get past the "days active" limit to post on the voice acting subreddit. Victory!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    Not to cause another Reddit/4chan convo, but I got 174 Karma now off of a Legends of Runeterra video and an older Artanis 1v1 clip. So just gotta wait a few day to get past the "days active" limit to post on the voice acting subreddit. Victory!

Now I want to hear your dulcet tones. You have any more of those definition videos?

On topic, I wonder if they're releasing any other reworks with DVA. I hope that's what next week is.

• Options
    Whelk wrote: »

Now I want to hear your dulcet tones. You have any more of those definition videos?

On topic, I wonder if they're releasing any other reworks with DVA. I hope that's what next week is.

A blue post, on the INTERNET, did say a major D.va rework was in the works.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I meant, other than her, coming out in that update.

Edit: I'm not sure that's what next week is, but I want it to be. I'm tired of watching people bunny hop under forts to their own death for no reason.

Whelk on
  • Options
    Considering there was that Blue post previewing some of the new D.va talents a couple weeks ago, I have to imagine that her rework was in a complete enough state that it's going to be in the next patch. They don't like to talk about specifics like that until things are basically locked down.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Not sure how but we destroyed this brawl with too much meme?

yglmsjk1rji2.jpg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    I wish the Volskaya brawl would be destroyed.

• Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Ban Zul'jin and Azmodan from every ARAM brawl.

Instant 300% improvement to brawl quality.

borb_sig.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I'm not even sure ZJ and Azmodan top the list... KTZ, KT, Hanzo, Thrall, Raynor, Zagara, and on and on are all really strong in ARAM. Sustain healers like Cain and Stukov are very OP, too.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    just ban everyone in aram

ban aram

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I miss the "fun"brawls like the pool hook or the sand fight

• Options
    So I played around a bit with Leonard yesterday.

I really like the AA talents at 13 and 16. So much dmg, so much sustain!!

But those aren't standard, are they?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Mephisto is, almost certainly, the most OP aram Brawl hero. Zagara is a close second.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Mephisto is, almost certainly, the most OP aram Brawl hero. Zagara is a close second.

Why Zagara, there is no value from the nests. The Q?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I miss the "fun"brawls like the pool hook or the sand fight

I kind of want them to bring back that PvE brawl. I forget why, but for some reason I wasn't able to play HOTS back when that was active.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

They aren't unheard of, but traditionally it's Wraith Walk at 13/16.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    By HP's stats, Zul'jin has the highest win rate in Brawl. Of course that's across all games, so it includes fail tier players.

• Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »

Why Zagara, there is no value from the nests. The Q?

Sustain is incredibly valuable in ARAM because the only way to heal or regen mana is through globes/wells. If you're playing heroes that can heal themselves back up quickly then all they have to do is keep trading over and over until you lose because you have no way to get that health back while they do.

The whole ARAM discussion is the same thing that happened to QM, and why I kept arguing that implementing matchmaking rules in QM was a waste of time and resources. Any context creates a meta, whether it's ARAM or QM or any number of types of drafts (4 bans vs 6 bans? one-ban phase then two-ban phase, or two-ban phase then one-ban phase? 1-1-1-1-1 pick vs 2-1-2 pick?) or maps or heroes or length-of-game or level scaling or whatever. This is unavoidable. The question isn't whether a meta will exist, but how you manage it and how you set player expectations. Blizzard keeps doing this thing where they try to make life easy for people but all they end up doing is encouraging ignorance and irresponsibility, and further fragmenting the player base.

Trying to balance modes like QM and ARAM is a fool's errand without some kind of draft. You are tilting at windmills while Ranked mode already sits there like a Sisyphean boulder. Why would you bother trying to do both at once when people who play the former should have almost no expectation of balance in the first place? ARAM should literally be RANDOM - it's in the fucking name. QM shouldn't have matchmaking rules because people shouldn't have to wait 10 minutes to play a game when the whole point of the mode is to literally pick any fucking hero you want and play a game, and the end result will not be comp balanced regardless.

If people want ARAM Brawls to be an actual game mode then realistically it should also have an actual drafting phase rather than outright bans on heroes. But nobody wants to pay that price (i.e., take responsibility for their comps), and as a consequence we get stuff like bans on Hammer (who shouldn't even be banned anymore now that the 20 BFG upgrade has been nerfed) while heroes like Azmodan and Zul'jin and Mephisto are still allowed to exist. They got rid of the 5v5 same hero games for some reason, too, and those were a fun diversion that happened like once every 20 games. What's the point of having a random game mode if you remove the randomness.

I think game designers often fall into this trap where they conflate cognitive/mechanical ease with fun. They are not the same thing. Making something easy or alleviating player burden does not necessarily make something more fun. It might even make things less fun, and can even skew the context so much that it actively creates conflict with the game itself or other players in an unhealthy way.

• Options
    On the other hand, those short weeks where QM forced certain roles in the comps (and increased the times a bit) were glorious and beautiful, imo. I feel like it was significantly more balanced and fun.

Steam profile
  • Options

They aren't unheard of, but traditionally it's Wraith Walk at 13/16.

But wraith walk is meh... with AA you eat tanks alive and stay alive foreeeeever. PLUS, it makes you a really good sieger!

Almost as good as greymane once quest is done... maybe better!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    you fools. you plebs. you charlatans.

leo's W build is where it's fuckin ATTTTTT

walk up slap em with the spooky hand get that massive CDR get that MASSIVE 15% HEALTH BURST DAMAGE AT THE END DO IT AGAIN LITERALLY ONE SECOND LATER

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I do miss the all same heroes games. :(

• Options
    Dibby wrote: »

walk up slap em with the spooky hand get that massive CDR get that MASSIVE 15% HEALTH BURST DAMAGE AT THE END DO IT AGAIN LITERALLY ONE SECOND LATER

AA is the most fun, W is what you should actually do vs big targets, and Ghostwalk is what everyone generally does anyways.

Steam profile
  • Options
    W doesn't help as much vs squishy mobile heroes tho.

With the move speed on w and the aa, you can basically just demolish a backline if you use your q strategically.

And since you do and heal %, you also bully big hp heroes.

Plus you're a siege monster! I just can't see the downside of aa Leonardo.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options

New skin recommendation!

xhmk5jdhfdpm.png

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Dibby wrote: »

AA is the most fun, W is what you should actually do vs big targets, and Ghostwalk is what everyone generally does anyways.

i can't count on my tater tot QM teammates to take advantage of wraith walk build so i just focus on big slappy boom booms

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @MNC Dover
    Dynouh has been playing a TON of gaz today. Cris has been playing some zag as well.

Dynouh's gaz is usually upper 80% wr.

Also, this:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/CovertMoralDonkeyNomNom

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Maybe if I reinstall HotS, I'll give Gaz a go. What's his splitpush build?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Just do the same build. Punch punch punch!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    New amateur tournament starting up, with $3,000 stipends per team: https://heroeshearth.com/b/workhorse/read/everything-you-need-to-know-about-ccl/

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Maybe if I reinstall HotS, I'll give Gaz a go. What's his splitpush build?

c9hb3fj2txtf.png

• Options
    Man, rando QM allies can be really, REALLY bad and toxic.

have had a marathon of them in games so far.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I like the ETC stuff.

Curious to try out burning beetles.

Think they need to nerf mei and cassia a bit still.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan