Minneapolis is on fire.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    they were shown.... zootopia

as part of racial sensitivity training

yes

Was this like a day with the substitute cop teacher?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I still can't get over how many people that copper has fucking killed man

Like fuck you see less action in the army than this asshole has brought

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    This is... perfect comedy.

If I saw a bit in a show or movie about cops being shown Zootopia as part of their don't be a dickhole training and they just completely didn't get it I would laugh. I would guffaw heartily at such a silly scenario.

But it is real actual life.

How do you even write comedy anymore?

Juggernut on
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Satire has adequately shown itself to do more harm than good

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Zootopia probably helps reinforce some shitty views because it's like...see, these predators are inherently dangerous in the right circumstances!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Satire has adequately shown itself to do more harm than good

To combat this apparent scourge of responsible gun ownership, some fudds have taken to posting pictures of themselves pointing allegedly loaded weapons at their own dicks, with their finger on the trigger. If this doesn’t make sense to you, you’re not alone. The trend is around a year old, and it’s an issue gun groups—especially those on Facebook—have been dealing with for a while.

Pointing a loaded weapon at your dick is a shibboleth for the gun community. It’s a way for a self-perceived elite class of gun poster to separate themselves from the herd of their own community. It separates the edgelords from normal internet users, the fudds from the normies.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    you know what

let em.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    What the fuck is a fudd?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    What the fuck is a fudd?

it's an older/experienced gun enthusiast who is too cool for trigger safety

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I was hoping for a "not much what's a fudd with you" but I'll take the actual answer just as thankfully.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Rare are the times I've been less enticed to click on a headline

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Fudd is fhe beer they have in Shelbyville

sig.gif
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Is it not an Elmer Fudd reference?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I have only encountered the term fudd as a pejorative to be used against hunters and their relatively low key firearms by the tacticool person murdering oriented end of the spectrum

At any rate please detonate your dick and balls with pistol fire in a controlled environment away from bystanders

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Bet they think they’re a bunch of regular Nimrods.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've never found myself less terrified about someone pointing a gun at something.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    That reminds me of the sad story told to me by a receptionist about the time her only brother accidentally shot himself in the head and killed himself while showing off his fancy new revolver to a bunch of friends at a drunken gathering.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I still can't get over how many people that copper has fucking killed man

Like fuck you see less action in the army than this asshole has brought

The Supreme Court has made it nearly impossible to hold police accountable with their creation of the doctrine of qualified immunity (which is why I find the arguments about "legislating from the bench" to be gooseshit - you want to show me that you don't believe in that, then kill qualified immunity.)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    It's always jarring just how bad American cops are. I mean, I'm not going to pretend our cops are perfect, but I've known more than one officer of the law here, and the overwhelming impression I get of our police culture here is that it's been spending decades transforming away from authoritarian practices and more toward community engagement. But I'm also aware that there's probably filtering and bias of privilege caught up in that - but to what extent, I just don't know.

The downside is that the American cultural influence and discourse is fucking pervasive. #ACAB on social media doesn't respect national boundaries, doesn't allow for nuance or enlightened discussions about those things that would be helpful to shine a light on for our situation. It's reductive and divisive, and pushes cultural norms that are not necessarily relevant to our own national circumstances onto our relationship between community and the police into our sphere, probably to the detriment of both parties.

Which is to say, it's a fucking pain in the ass that American cops are so outrageously bad at their jobs they're actually making it harder for police in other countries to actually be good.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ACAB is a thing because people spent literal decades doing the thing in the way that they're "supposed" to

it's the rhetorical equivalent of rioting

you are free to be irritated by it but it's a thing for a reason

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    What the fuck is a fudd?

it's an older/experienced gun enthusiast who is too cool for trigger safety

According to historical gun enthusiast Alex Steacy, a "Fudd" is someone who scorns modern equipment on rifles, and not really the kind of person the article is calling "Fudd". The actual term for these type of gun nuts is "boog boi". You know what, I'll quote the tweet.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Minnesota is fucking SHITTY to Native Americans.

When I first started at Best Buy I was told to always keep an eye on any Native Americans that come in because they always steal.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    This has to end any shot Klobuchar had at VP yeah?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I mean...she seems perfect for the shitfuck that is Biden.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Phasen wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    guys I get that these (and many!) cops are terrible and murderers, but domestic violence, murders, drunk driving, robbery, etc. etc. etc. are still things, and I somehow doubt they'd all go away if we 'got rid of cops'

Don't look up the statistics of those crimes cross-referenced with police officers.

I'm aware of them and sort of addressed it in the parentheses.

rather than abolish enforcement of law, hows about massive police reform and oversight (like actual oversight not self policing)?

Abolishing cops doesn't mean abolishing law, and the fact that police = the law is so ingrained into people's minds is one of the greatest PR coups of all time.

I'm slowly realizing how much of our perception of police derives from shit like Law & Order and CSI and other shows/movies that are about as realistic as an MCU film.

If all cops were like the cops of precinct 99 on Brooklyn 99 the world would be much better. Sadly they are mostly more like the Vulture.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular

Well, good luck with that whole "the entire city is going to fucking burn and you're running out of riot gear" situation.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Biden stumped for the crime bill that helped accelerate us to this point and he's the nominee, so

Who the fuck knows

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

That whole goddamn city is going to burn if they let that guy walk

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Kind of wild to watch what seems like half the population of the city warn them to fuck around and find out.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

Biden stumped for the crime bill that helped accelerate us to this point and he's the nominee, so

Who the fuck knows

Heard a guy at work argue this is why we have to elect democrats and my soul left my body for a momebt

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    If anything it makes her more likely to be the VP because it would be simultaneously funny and enraging like everything else in the news.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

FWIW

In a news conference today, Hennepin County Attorney, Mike Freeman, made a comment about evidence in the George Floyd case that is being misinterpreted. To clarify, County Attorney Freeman was saying that it is critical to review all the evidence because at the time of trial, invariably, all that information will be used.

Evidence not favorable to our case needs to be carefully examined to understand the full picture of what actually happened.

This happens in every case. This statement does not indicate in any way the horror that we all feel when viewing the video. As in any case, it is simply a matter of adequately preparing for trial.

Still was a junky-ass press conference, and if they actually thought the pithy shit they were saying was actually going to help calm people down, lol.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    ACAB is a thing because people spent literal decades doing the thing in the way that they're "supposed" to

it's the rhetorical equivalent of rioting

you are free to be irritated by it but it's a thing for a reason

I wouldn't say irritated, more just lamenting the fact that American cultural dominance results in it (and other discussions of policing) being carried beyond just that sphere into places where it might be counterproductive.

I'm fully putting the blame for that on American policing practices, not the people deservedly shining a light on the reality of what 'policing' is to them.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

That whole goddamn city is going to burn if they let that guy walk

If the city doesn't want to get burned down the city shouldn't commit a crime.

• Options
    If anything it makes her more likely to be the VP because it would be simultaneously funny and enraging like everything else in the news.

Hellworld bby

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Of course, people who aren't cops get arrested on the spot with flimsy-ass evidence all the time, then held for weeks or months and finally released when the DA realizes they don't have a case.

But for this guy.. let's make sure everything is 100% airtight before the arrest. 🤔🤔🤔

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Going out on a limb and guessing the "other evidence" is that the prosecutor is a huge piece of shit.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

Who the fuck knows

currently it is my firm belief that he will spring to her defense at some point

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Forget the city just have the protesters storm the murderer's house. The cops standing guard outside are going to break and run if a literal ocean of rioters charge them, then there's nothing to protect the bastard.

This discussion has been closed.