Options

Minneapolis is on fire.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Forget the city just have the protesters storm the murderer's house. The cops standing guard outside are going to break and run if a literal ocean of rioters charge them, then there's nothing to protect the bastard.

No

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    nah those cops will murder those folks by the truckload before they break

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    This has to end any shot Klobuchar had at VP yeah?

Biden stumped for the crime bill that helped accelerate us to this point and he's the nominee, so

Who the fuck knows

currently it is my firm belief that he will spring to her defense at some point

That depends on how you interpret "Give me a break jack, I mean get real about what's you know...the thing."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Advocating for vigilantism and lynching in a case about racial violence is a fucking take to be sure

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Madican wrote: »
    Forget the city just have the protesters storm the murderer's house. The cops standing guard outside are going to break and run if a literal ocean of rioters charge them, then there's nothing to protect the bastard.

Please don't post calls for specific action like this on the forums. If anyone was wondering if there's a line as to what you can and cannot talk about in here, this is it.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    EDIT: posted before mod statement

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

That whole goddamn city is going to burn if they let that guy walk

Why stop at Minneapolis

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    It is possible to quietly think to one's self that the French Revolution had a few good ideas without placing our free and public forum in potential legal jeopardy, I reckon

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    This hypothetical example of mob justice and the difference between it and lynching are both off the table on these forums.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Advocating for vigilantism and lynching in a case about racial violence is a fucking take to be sure

https://youtu.be/jso1YRQnpCI

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Of course, people who aren't cops get arrested on the spot with flimsy-ass evidence all the time, then held for weeks or months and finally released when the DA realizes they don't have a case.

But for this guy.. let's make sure everything is 100% airtight before the arrest. 🤔🤔🤔

A.k.a. give us time to come up with the best possible story and make sure the 4 cops have it all memorized. Wouldn't want to catch them unawares, now would we.

• Options
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Of course, people who aren't cops get arrested on the spot with flimsy-ass evidence all the time, then held for weeks or months and finally released when the DA realizes they don't have a case.

But for this guy.. let's make sure everything is 100% airtight before the arrest. 🤔🤔🤔

A.k.a. give us time to come up with the best possible story and make sure the 4 cops have it all memorized. Wouldn't want to catch them unawares, now would we.

Their defense attorneys will be doing that. Trials take months to years before they actually start.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Minnesota is fucking SHITTY to Native Americans.

When I first started at Best Buy I was told to always keep an eye on any Native Americans that come in because they always steal.

Was shitty at the mass hanging and sure seem to be determined to continue to be

Im glad my town spends a lot of time each year going "Boy we sure fucked up huh!!"

Also hey fun thing here

There is footage of the guy who set the autozone fires

There is also footage of him going into the police station!

And boy he sure looks exactly like a known undercover cop!!!

Weird!!!!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Like. The DA has 48 hours to officially charge them with murder after they are officially arrested. At which point their attorneys could request a speedy trial and force the DA to put together an airtight case very quickly.

The criminal justice system favors those with money or political clout(like cops) and takes a long time to actually go through all the motions.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

Their defense attorneys will be doing that. Trials take months to years before they actually start.

Obviously, but if they were arrested quickly and separately they might have made conflicting statements of how they were justified in committing the murder.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The situation is as awful and frustrating as everything is these days, but

The phrase "known undercover cop" is, inherently, very funny

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Minnesota is fucking SHITTY to Native Americans.

When I first started at Best Buy I was told to always keep an eye on any Native Americans that come in because they always steal.

Was shitty at the mass hanging and sure seem to be determined to continue to be

Im glad my town spends a lot of time each year going "Boy we sure fucked up huh!!"

Also hey fun thing here

There is footage of the guy who set the autozone fires

There is also footage of him going into the police station!

And boy he sure looks exactly like a known undercover cop!!!

Weird!!!!

...wait what.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Obviously, but if they were arrested quickly and separately they might have made conflicting statements of how they were justified in committing the murder.

They will absolutely not give statements without their union rep/attorney present

• Options

Wont post the other photos because it gets into doxxing territory with his id and junk

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

‘Cellar door’ but more revolting

• Options

They will absolutely not give statements without their union rep/attorney present

My point is that they're not being treated the way criminals who aren't cops are treated.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I've got $5 on a jank ass leaked "breaking news" story that says "the victim had an illegal substance in his system". Then the DA can be like oh well maybe that actually caused his death how were they to know. Then they'll hem and haw and be done.

Nobody take this bet. I don't want your 5 bucks

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options

Evidently not very good at his job

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I didn't think I was going any further over the line than some people but alright I'll refrain from making anything that could be construed as a call to specific action.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular

My point is that they're not being treated the way criminals who aren't cops are treated.
    While this is true I will point out I wish that not cops were treated like how cops are treated by the criminal justice system.

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    everyone having a camera on their person at all times makes it a lot easier to catch them at this shit and that is massive

but anyone considering going to a protest, also consider leaving your phone at home. right now is also a hella good time to keep a mask on at all times too, since it's not necessarily an automatic beating for the moment

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

Wont post the other photos because it gets into doxxing territory with his id and junk

That’s ... a weird video. Yeah why would someone bust those windows and then leave?

Also, I’m guessing that was from yesterday and it’s moot since that autozone was burned down anyway

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

That’s ... a weird video. Yeah why would someone bust those windows and then leave?

Also, I’m guessing that was from yesterday and it’s moot since that autozone was burned down anyway

Could be they busted the windows, walked away once it was clear they were drawing suspicion, then came back to set the fire later.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I think the term is agent provocateur

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I was just informed that there was a Black Lives Matter protest happening about a block from my apartment. They were creating a human chain across the busiest street in town... specifically the 3 lanes that allowed the affluent State Farm employees to head up to their homes.

According to my friend who let me know, a car decided to drive on the sidewalk to get around the protesters, and in the process almost ran over some people. So you know... that's fun.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    It's a white kid in a black hoodie, gas mask, with an umbrella.

He's almost definitely some jackass teenager that wanted to use the protests to vandalize shit and cause even more damage.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Apparently that specific gas mask retails for $300 which seems like a lot for a looter.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Apparently that specific gas mask retails for $300 which seems like a lot for a looter.

While that guy absolutely looks like a kid or a cop, I feel like positively ID'ing a gas mask based on a brief video is unlikely.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Eh? It's shown pretty clearly around the one minute mark.

Quid on
  • Options
    Bahaha evidently the dude was identified by his Ex wife

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

Bless all ex-wives with a grudge against their shitty narc ex-partners. :biggrin:

• Options
    It has to be incredibly satisfying to not only get back at your shitty ex but also see what a shit show they've become.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

FWIW

In a news conference today, Hennepin County Attorney, Mike Freeman, made a comment about evidence in the George Floyd case that is being misinterpreted. To clarify, County Attorney Freeman was saying that it is critical to review all the evidence because at the time of trial, invariably, all that information will be used.

Evidence not favorable to our case needs to be carefully examined to understand the full picture of what actually happened.

This happens in every case. This statement does not indicate in any way the horror that we all feel when viewing the video. As in any case, it is simply a matter of adequately preparing for trial.

Still was a junky-ass press conference, and if they actually thought the pithy shit they were saying was actually going to help calm people down, lol.

This is worth less then nothing because that is clearly not what he said. This is a blatant and desperate attempt to walk back a very clear statement. I don’t understand why people keep letting this “what I meant to say was the opposite of what I said” bs slide.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular

Do you have a link to that?

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »

Do you have a link to that?

it's just some cropped screenshots of texts right now, so grain of salt

but if it's legit it seems like she'll be willing to go more on the record about it

This discussion has been closed.