As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Shadowlands: It's out!

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    I never played WoD and Legion so I'm going back and doing my artifact quests for my two main characters: paladin and priest

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Well, a thing that is happening is that Method is exploding since Methodjosh is (finally) getting an assault charge since he was just busted having sexual pics of a minor (very much illegal on the UK) and the co-owner of Method, Sascha is facing allegations of streamers that were working with Method that he was using his position to try to press them into having sex with him. So everybody is breaking any association with Method.

Megathreads are up on /r/wow and a collection of statements of people saying that they won't work with Method anymore is on /r/LivestreamFail

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    Oh wow lots more people have left since I last looked. It will be interesting to see what the other, higher profile raiders do after this. It's definitely crumbling around Sco with so many streamers and sponsors gone now.

• Options
    Good, fuck Sco. He and "Darrie", Method's ex-CM (she just quit tonight after it came up that she helped on the cover up) should be brought to the authorities for questioning.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Yeah its funny, I technically have a lot I could be doing (mount and transmog hunting) but after leveling like 5 characters to 120, I feel like theres nothing to do but kick rocks.

My crisis of main continues. I still enjoy my warlock, but what I'm discovering is that I can't go for very long without wanting to heal. I'm a healer at heart. And even though warlock was really tickling an itch that I didn't know I had, I've already started feeling the call of healing again.

So after investing all that effort into gearing my warlock to 460ish, farming some Expedient 3's for her, raising her neck and cloak up, now I'm finding myself wanting to do the same for my paladin. And it's just plain demoralizing to have to do this same grind all over again.

Maybe one day I'll settle on a character that I'm content with no matter what. That's the dream. But for now I continue to be finicky as hell.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    The best thing you can learn to do is love the journey.

ONLY do things that are fun on the character to get to those goals. Even if it is a little slower. That is what keeps me interested in the game.

Like I was trying to pug a raid to get the OP Ra Den weapon on my shaman. It was slow, no where near Ra Den, and only normal anyway. I just said this isn't worth me being bored so I just made myself quit. Don't regret it at all.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    A thing that came up on those megathreads is that Bay aka FinalBossTV also got an accusation against him...that was published because he cynically tried to get his victim to not say anything with a "not-apology" because he saw where the wind was blowing.

People like Preach and Taliesin & Evitel already cut ties with him.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    A thing that came up on those megathreads is that Bay aka FinalBossTV also got an accusation against him...that was published because he cynically tried to get his victim to not say anything with a "not-apology" because he saw where the wind was blowing.

That's different than Fatboss right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

That's different than Fatboss right?

Yes.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    FinalBoss does a lot of alpha/beta class overviews for expansions. Real shame people can’t help but be monsters.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

Of course we should support the victims first and foremost, but I can't help really feeling for Preach on this one. You could see how cut up he was on the stream where he announced severing all ties with Method, but to then have Bay be outed as well? That's someone he's done a lot of stuff with in the past.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Bay’s class videos for legion beta were some of my favorite wow content. Ugh.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I never really liked Bay, but it's because I thought he ran a crap podcast and was a bad interviewer. Didn't think it went beyond that.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The Flametalon is now mine.

I have killed Alysrazor on the order of 500 times, at the very least (probably many more), over the last 7 years.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I never really liked Bay, but it's because I thought he ran a crap podcast and was a bad interviewer. Didn't think it went beyond that.

I didn't liked that he got alpha invites just for reading tooltips for half an hour without knowing what he's talking about. But dude seemed harmless, so this came way out of left field.

There's a new accusation against a streamer, TMSean. Dunno who that is though.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Pandaren got some new options:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGG_V2uAIl4

An important point to mention is that now eye color, beard, eyebrows and moustache are completely separate, I think that gets lost on WoWHead previews. And those new male Pandaren hairstyles are very, very cool. Also the video acts like the earring options on females are new, which they aren't.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

I didn't liked that he got alpha invites just for reading tooltips for half an hour without knowing what he's talking about. But dude seemed harmless, so this came way out of left field.

There's a new accusation against a streamer, TMSean. Dunno who that is though.

I dunno if he was around beforehand, but TMSean came to my attention in the BoD world first race for being a colossal douchebag raid/guild lead, full on raging at his raiders when things went wrong and being an awful person everywhere else. They straight up ditched him after cleaning the gbank I believe soon after.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It always drives me up the wall when two unrelated customization options are linked up. I don't plan on making a pandaren but decoupling all that stuff is only a positive.

It's funny to me what a clean slam-dunk "we're adding more cosmetics to every race" is. Maybe we all got burned out on "new race!" due to allied races, but this honestly feels like the most hyped everyone's been for that kind of expansion feature for a while.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    It always drives me up the wall when two unrelated customization options are linked up. I don't plan on making a pandaren but decoupling all that stuff is only a positive.

It's funny to me what a clean slam-dunk "we're adding more cosmetics to every race" is. Maybe we all got burned out on "new race!" due to allied races, but this honestly feels like the most hyped everyone's been for that kind of expansion feature for a while.

Allied races came with a rep grind, unlike every single other race and class added to the game. Turns out that people hated that, who knew?

Also the decoupling is for all races, but is good to mention it since that you don't get that from just watching pictures of datamined options on WoWHead.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Allied Races were also using recycled models (mostly), which reduces the enthusiasm a little bit.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I race changed my paladin to Zandalari over the weekend. He was previously a Tauren, and I got tired of how bad Taurens look in a lot of armor. Especially helms. But everything in general doesn't look great on them. Armor gets stretched and skewed, and it doesn't play well with their hunched necks and such. Zandalari have a much more well proportioned frame and wear almost all armor very well.

It super bothers me that they don't wear shoes, but I can get ever that. Side note, it still bothers me that Sigma or whatever his name is from Overwatch also doesn't wear shoes. That character design really triggers me for some reason.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Side note, it still bothers me that Sigma or whatever his name is from Overwatch also doesn't wear shoes. That character design really triggers me for some reason.

Fuck that's all I'm going to notice about him now, thanks jerk.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I race changed my paladin to Zandalari over the weekend. He was previously a Tauren, and I got tired of how bad Taurens look in a lot of armor. Especially helms. But everything in general doesn't look great on them. Armor gets stretched and skewed, and it doesn't play well with their hunched necks and such. Zandalari have a much more well proportioned frame and wear almost all armor very well.

It super bothers me that they don't wear shoes, but I can get ever that. Side note, it still bothers me that Sigma or whatever his name is from Overwatch also doesn't wear shoes. That character design really triggers me for some reason.

There are a couple plate boot appearances that cover their feet.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    It's true. Tauren look like absolute shit from an armor standpoint.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

acjp1k54y2la.jpg

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    forty wrote: »

They need more bare-chested barbarian looking shit. It's not just the Tauren players who'd benefit, people who want to play an Orc Grunt like Grom are also negatively impacted by this.

To quote a Dave Kellett bit about an older southern woman's reaction to Lord of the Rings...
    Those hobbits ain't got no shoes on! Forget about the ring of power, they're gonna get ring worm!

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    The trick with races like Tauren and Worgen is to just give up on helms and be pleasantly surprised if a helm works.

Besides that, they look great, I liked my Tauren Shaman.

Also, you can now hide every piece except pants, so you get all your bare chested characters if you want to.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The trick with races like Tauren and Worgen is to play a druid so your armor doesn't matter.

• Options
    WilliamWay wrote: »
    Will there be new allied races in Shadowlands?

No.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    WilliamWay wrote: »
    Will there be new allied races in Shadowlands?

No.

That we know of. Vulpera and Mechagnomes weren't announced until shortly before 8.2 patch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There will not be allied races at Shadowlands launch, confirmed. They may always add some during the expansion.

• Options
    The general official stance on Allied Races at this point is "They'll be added in the future when we think it makes sense" and you can read that how you will

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-mount-imperial-quilen

Yep, that's the Mist of Pandaria: Collector's Edition mount. That's why there has been a lot of threads on the forums and Reddit filled with pure nerdrage from people that spent 500-700$ for old CE codes.

Is hilarious.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The general official stance on Allied Races at this point is "They'll be added in the future when we think it makes sense" and you can read that how you will

*Cents

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-mount-imperial-quilen

Yep, that's the Mist of Pandaria: Collector's Edition mount. That's why there has been a lot of threads on the forums and Reddit filled with pure nerdrage from people that spent 500-700$ for old CE codes.

Is hilarious.

Man, I had that CE and I fully support them making the mount available for people again.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    if you think a company won't make a digital good available again at a later date, well, that's on you

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Anyone raging about that probably should have raged at their past selves for shelling over $500 for a video game mount.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I always got the CE's for the art book and the soundtrack, since it was cheaper than buying them separately. If it were just for the in-game stuff I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Where I'm stupid regarding WoW CE's, is that I genuinely regret not getting the one for Legion even though I wasn't playing anymore, because it feels like it would've been a more appropriate end point for a collection than WoD.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    edit; Wrong thread. What's with all them shadows?

reVerse on
  • Options
    I've reached a point where I'm tired of owning things. Physical things. They just take up space.

I used to get every Blizzard CE religiously. The WoW ones. StarCraft. Warcraft. Diablo. I've stopped all of that. I also don't buy CEs for other games I love and cherish, even if they have super badass collectibles in them. I just don't have room in my apartment for more stuff. So I've gone entirely digital for as much media as I can. Don't regret it.

This discussion has been closed.