Options

[Total War: Warhammer] Skulls for the Skull Throne! (Game 3 out now!)

LarsLars Registered User regular
edited April 2023 in Social Entropy++
Yes, they should have just called it Total Warhammer, but apparently brands are important or whatever.

Edit:

Here's a fan-made video of some battle footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zsEzg5qJO8

Here's an official trailer for one of the dlcs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHh1TxryWlw

Here's an official trailer for a recent DLC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQM-h3M4BZc

Total Warhammer is a strategy game available on Steam, but it doesn't play like Warcraft. Instead it is separated into two distinct parts: the Campaign map and the Battle maps. On the Campaign map you focus on building up your tech trees, managing your resources and public order, and building up your armies. When two opposing armies encounter one another on the campaign map, you enter into Battle mode where you...battle. It's also entirely possible to play only one side of the game if you wish, as playing the Campaign lets you auto-resolve the battles without fighting them, or you can just jump straight into battles and not play the campaign.

You also have the option of doing multiplayer campaigns (co-operative or competitive) of two players, or jump straight into multiplayer battles with up to 8 players.

The two three games and their dlc should also be thought of as lego sets, where each thing you own just adds to your collection. Or to put it another way, you can just consider the first game to be DLC that adds to the sandbox of toys in the second game. Any dlc for the first game gets added to the second game, and this will continue whenever the third game comes out. Going with the lego mentality, you also only need to buy what you're personally interested in playing with. Even if you don't buy it, you can still encounter it if the AI or other players use it against you.

Total War: Warhammer
The first game features the Old World campaign, and includes the following races by default:
  • The Empire: Sort of the Holy Roman Empire. With guns and wizards.
  • The Greenskins: Orcs & Goblins
  • Dwarfs
  • Vampire Counts
  • Bretonnia (Free DLC): France + King Arthur Mythos with a cavalry focus

Owning this game grants you the Mortal Empires campaign map in Total Warhammer 2, which is the entire Old World map combined with a truncated version of the Total Warhammer 2 map (Eye of the Vortex). All races that you own from either game are playable on the Mortal Empires campaign map, and any race you own is playable in multiplayer.

The DLC for this game includes:
  • Blood for the Blood God: Adds blood and some messier finishing attack animations to the battle, and special events to the campaign map. Owning this means you do not need to purchase the Total Warhammer 2 version.
  • Chaos Warriors: A new playable race featuring 3 legendary lords.
  • Call of the Beastmen: A new playable race featuring 3 legendary lords, and also a short mini-campaign that is only available in Total Warhammer 1. The mini-campaign cannot be played in multiplayer.
  • Realm of the Wood Elves: Adds a new playable race featuring 2 legendary lords, and also a short mini-campaign that is only available in Total Warhammer 1. This mini-campaign can be played in multiplayer, but only cooperatively I think.
  • Norsca: Adds a new playable race featuring 2 legendary lords, and is probably the most fleshed-out dlc race for the first game.
  • The Grim & the Grave: Adds new units and lords to the Empire and the Vampire Counts.
  • The King & the Warlord: Adds new units and lords to the Dwarfs and the Greenskins.

Total War: Warhammer II
The second game features the Eye of the Vortex campaign, which has story cutscenes for all races that can play on it. Additionally, as stated, if you own the first game you also have the Mortal Empires campaign which is less story focused but has everything available to play on it. This game includes the following races by default:
  • High Elves
  • Dark Elves
  • Skaven
  • Lizardmen

• Blood for the Blood God II: Same as the one for the first game. Owning the one for the first game means you don't need to own this one. I don't think that works in reverse though, but not sure.
  • Rise of the Tomb Kings: Adds a new race featuring 4 legendary lords.
  • Curse of the Vampire Coast: Adds a new race featuring 4 legendary lords.
  • The Queen & the Crone: Adds new units and lords to the High Elves and Dark Elves.
  • The Prophet & the Warlock: Adds new units and lords to the Lizardmen and Skaven.
  • The Hunter & the Beast: Adds new units and lords to the Empire and the Lizardmen, and allows the Empire to be played on the Eye of the Vortex map.
  • The Shadow & the Blade: Adds new units and lords to the Dark Elves and the Skaven.
  • The Warden & the Paunch: Adds new units and lords to the High Elves and the Greenskins, and allows the Greenskins to be played on the Eye of the Vortex map.
  • The Twisted & the Twilight: Adds new units and lords to the Skaven and the Wood Elves, and allows the Wood Elves to be played on the Eye of the Vortex map.
  • The Silence & the Fury: Adds new units and lords to the Lizardmen and Beastmen, and allows the Beastmen to be played on the Eye of the Vortex map.

Total War: Warhammer III
The third game features a new campaign map for the war against Bela'kor, which will serve as the story campaign. Like Total Warhammer 2, it also has a massive combined map, this time called Immortal Empires. Additionally, you need to own all three games on the same platform (ie. Steam or Epic) in order to have access to this combined map (edit: Now patched so all owners of Game 3 get the combined map by default, you can still only use the races and lords you own).

This game includes the following races by default:
  • Kislev
  • Khorne
  • Nurgle
  • Slaanesh
  • Tzeentch
  • Grand Cathay
  • Daemons of Chaos (Chaos Undivided)
  • Ogre Kingdoms (Preorder Bonus)

• Blood for the Blood God III: Same as the one for the first two games. Owning the one for the first or second game means you don't need to own this one. I don't think that works in reverse though, but not sure.
  • Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs: Adds a new race featuring 3 legendary lords and a legendary hero.
  • Champions of Chaos: Adds 4 new lords and a bunch of units to the Warriors of Chaos

There is also a bunch of free DLC to be downloaded for each game, usually adding a new playable lord to an existing faction. Lords typically come with their own starting position on the campaign map and their own army bonuses and possibly special mechanics.

The second game has also been overhauling the races from the first game with new features and adjustments, in addition to offering many quality of life improvements. Generally it's better to play on the second or third game than the first. The only things the first game offers that are not in the sequels are the two mini-campaigns that came with the Beastmen and Wood Elves DLCs, and maybe if you preferred the smaller Old World campaign map compared to the larger Mortal Empires map (though then you'd be going without the quality of life improvements and race overhauls).

The Eye of the Vortex map and it's related cutscenes/quests are exclusive to the second game and did not carry over to the third.

The third game allows you to buy the DLC of the previous games without owning the previous games, so for example you could get the Tomb Kings without having the rest of Total Warhammer 2.

Here are some Youtube channels about the game:
  • Zerkovich - Has a lot of tutorial videos and overviews of the game, just check out his playlists.
  • ItalianSpartacus - Has a lot of campaign and lore videos.
  • Turin - Has a lot of multiplayer videos (including tournaments) which he casts, as well as campaign videos.
  • GameThumb - Creates cinematic in-game battles. My favorite is THIS (though they are using some texture mods for some units in that video).

This game is an absolute monster with all the content available, and it's going to continue to grow, as more DLC is expected in the future. It is the absolute king of "just 5 more turns, wait why is the sun coming up?" Hundreds of mods are also available and easily added with the Steam Workshop and you can just check which ones you want when you boot the game (though for multiplayer, all players must be running the same mods to play with each other).

Lars on

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Opera Ghost is best unit

• Options
    I forgot to add, MandaloreGaming did this massive 80 minute review a few weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA_iXKhoujA

(Some of the few problems he brought up in the video actually got fixed in the recent patch)

Also I forgot that Total Warhammer 2 added Laboratory mode which lets you fiddle with all kinds of levers to potentially break your computer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w

NEVER ENOUGH DOOMWHEELS!!!

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    It might be worth mentioning that you don't have to have any of the TW:W stuff installed to have access to it in TW:WII. It just needs to be purchased and in your library.

General advice for anyone overwhelmed by the amount of optional DLC would be to start with the second game and play it a bit to see if you like it. If you do, buy the first game and treat it like a fantastic DLC for the second. Then pick up other things as you want to play them - they automatically get added to the game as they are released, so you're not missing out on fighting against them.

The only DLC that is really "vital" is The Prophet & The Warlock, as Skaven don't feel right without their Ratling Guns and Warplock Jezzails.

Race Packs consensus is that Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, and Norsca are all great, Wood Elves are a bit funky in campaign, and Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen are rough-to-bad.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Yeah, if starting new I'd buy Total Warhammer 2 and then buy Total Warhammer 1 and consider it an "expansion" to 2 since it'll add 5 races and the Mortal Empires campaign. With that, you'll have a total of 9 playable races and both campaign maps to fiddle with.

Then you can get any DLCs that will add stuff to the races you want to play (as mentioned, Prophet & the Warlock feels sort of vital for playing Skaven).

Or buy one of the six DLC races if you want to play them.

There's no need to buy something if you don't want to actually play it yourself. And a single campaign can last you quite a while, so you can always play with what you have and wait for the next Steam Sale to buy new stuff. The Summer Sale isn't far off, after all.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    wood elves have a fantastic army list and they're tough to beat, fun-wise, if you want a bunch of shooty boys or tree giants but yeah, their campaign is really weird and it wouldn't surprise me if they got a re-work at some point

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost This is also my fault Registered User regular
    One day I'll get to The Paunch and whoever the non-Imrik HE guy is. Not today. But someday.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I recently purchased Norsca (pre-sale, because of course I didn’t know it was coming) and that’s my current jam. The campaign is an absolute mess, and I’m constantly losing thousands of gold every turn, but thankfully I’m also gaining tens of thousands of gold regularly from sacking major cities

My only issue right now is razing cities to pledge to my dark gods doesn’t render them uninhabitable, so a bunch of lame tiny factions (and also the high elves who sailed across the sea just to fuck around and see what happens) take the cities in my wake and so it feels like I’m constantly beset on all sides with no buffer

As long as I can hold Couronne, I think I’ll be okay, but the Empire is right there and they keep sending Volkmar doomstacks at me the moment I separate my armies

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Yeah, that Norsca situation came about due to changes in what is habitable. Used to be the only race that could inhabit any settlement was Wood Elves, except they established shitty outposts instead of real settlements. But with Game 2 they changed it so any race can settle anywhere, but with some penalties. Which makes things more interesting for a lot of races, except the AI doesn't really care about the penalties so they'll just settle where ever. Which then makes things very hard for the Chaos races (and vastly diminishes the big strength of the Wood Elves) since even if you destroy all the nearby factions, others will come running to take that free land. Pretty much all those factions need reworks as a result.

With Nakai they tried to make it so he leaves behind a mediocre garrison instead of razing, but that also is not a super great solution?

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Since I knew the Black Orc Big Boss was about to be added, I started Elf Batman's campaign after the DLC launched instead of going for Grom.

I also decided to try and go for the Very Hard campaign achievement at the same time. Unfortunately I expanded too quickly and now have crazy public order and rebellion problems. I've wiped out the local Greenskin presence though.

Unfortunately Aranessa just keeps sailing around and fucking my shit up. I eventually managed to buy peace with her...so she came ashore and started raiding and spreading vampiric corruption instead. Asshole. Just like...go. Go literally anywhere else, Aranessa.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    Yeah, that Norsca situation came about due to changes in what is habitable. Used to be the only race that could inhabit any settlement was Wood Elves, except they established shitty outposts instead of real settlements. But with Game 2 they changed it so any race can settle anywhere, but with some penalties. Which makes things more interesting for a lot of races, except the AI doesn't really care about the penalties so they'll just settle where ever. Which then makes things very hard for the Chaos races (and vastly diminishes the big strength of the Wood Elves) since even if you destroy all the nearby factions, others will come running to take that free land. Pretty much all those factions need reworks as a result.

With Nakai they tried to make it so he leaves behind a mediocre garrison instead of razing, but that also is not a super great solution?

This explains so much, and it makes me wonder if it's worth pushing forward knowing that (and also ending a turn and seeing the legion of yet more high elves sailing across the sea towards my territory...)

It's funny you mention it, Nakai's campaign is also something I just picked up, because I love kroxigors and Nakai himself is cool as hell, but by GOD that campaign is a miserable slog. You and your vassal are not nearly powerful enough to justify all their limitations. Like it would be one thing if your vassal just created armies by itself and did all the normal AI things, but it doesn't! And the garrison it leaves behind is set, cannot be upgraded, and isn't powerful enough to defeat full stacks even in the early game! I honestly don't know what they were thinking

I really wish they'd rework DLC factions, since Nakai has so much potential to be a campaign I really like, but I imagine those are much lower on the list in priority than new DLC or the entire third game

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    This game has eaten me alive during quarantine. Last night I got my first Short victory with Imrik, who is a BLAST to play on Mortal Empires. You are extremely, painfully poor and start surrounded by nightmares, but you can also get an absolutely absurd stack going with only upkeep cost. My final army for Imrik was him, fire mage, handmaiden, noble, six of the named dragons, a bolt thrower, and then heaps of Sisters of Avelorn--and I don't think a single army could actually challenge me at that point, it was mostly just dealing with being stretched too thin.

If you're thinking of picking up the game, the DLC prices might put you off as it did for me, but I think the value proposition of the base game is pretty staggering. It can be a bit sticky if there's one faction in particular you're really looking for, but I could easily see getting thousands of hours out of just TWW2 and its free DLC. The one major disclaimer I'd give is that if you are looking for Blood for the Blood God, you will probably be pretty disappointed. The Chaos faction is a pretty minor piece of DLC from the first game, and it is thiiiiin.

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Norsca and Wood Elves are the best DLCs, for my money. Wood Elves are probably my favourite army, and their campaign can be really fun once you get around the fact that you're not really supposed to take a lot of territory.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I've started a Repanse game. Have never played Bretonians before and wow, that's a lot of quests. And every character has their own quest! Quest quest quest quest.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost This is also my fault Registered User regular
    I wish I was better with using cav, cause thematically Bretonnians are great.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Norsca and Wood Elves are the best DLCs, for my money. Wood Elves are probably my favourite army, and their campaign can be really fun once you get around the fact that you're not really supposed to take a lot of territory.

you're generally better making friends as wood elves and kicking dirt on mean people who don't wanna share that sweet nectar

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    also, ME Grom start is fucking ROUGH

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Iblis wrote: »

This explains so much, and it makes me wonder if it's worth pushing forward knowing that (and also ending a turn and seeing the legion of yet more high elves sailing across the sea towards my territory...)

It's funny you mention it, Nakai's campaign is also something I just picked up, because I love kroxigors and Nakai himself is cool as hell, but by GOD that campaign is a miserable slog. You and your vassal are not nearly powerful enough to justify all their limitations. Like it would be one thing if your vassal just created armies by itself and did all the normal AI things, but it doesn't! And the garrison it leaves behind is set, cannot be upgraded, and isn't powerful enough to defeat full stacks even in the early game! I honestly don't know what they were thinking

I really wish they'd rework DLC factions, since Nakai has so much potential to be a campaign I really like, but I imagine those are much lower on the list in priority than new DLC or the entire third game

For Norsca, what I found to work when I tried them again (before eventually giving up due to the shitty turn timers before they worked on those) was allying with Clan Moulder. They helped stem the ability for enemies to retake land by gulping it up themselves.

But particularly right now they’re gonna be super tough because after the buffing the empire received the various order factions tend to form a crazy alliance.

Nakai I think just needs a few tweaks to be really good, so I have hopes for him. Same for Eltharion in this DLC. The one I really hope they revisit is Malus, since I just resent that they try and keep you from going daemon-mode as much as possible.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    I wish I was better with using cav, cause thematically Bretonnians are great.

Do you use the 'J' hotkey to help with cycle charging? Normally it will make a selected unit about-face, but if a cavalry unit is in combat and you hit it they'll retreat a bit first, so you can charge them back in.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

you're generally better making friends as wood elves and kicking dirt on mean people who don't wanna share that sweet nectar

yeah, you can barely support two armies before you're able to force confederation with the other wood elf factions

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Js a bit tempermental.

• Options
    Everchosen Tournament going on the official Total War Twitch account right now and tomorrow.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Finally managed to make inroads to an Imrik campaign.

Once you get rid of Eshin you've got loads of rooms to expand.

I've used influence to get pally with Dwarves and keep the Greenskins off my back whilst I conquer the lizardmen and Tomb Kings.

He's so powerful once you unlock some of his unique skills.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

I've used influence to get pally with Dwarves and keep the Greenskins off my back whilst I conquer the lizardmen and Tomb Kings.

I haven't run the numbers but Imrik has to be on the shortlist for strongest lords once he's recruited all of the dragons. Huge melee and attack defense, regeneration, powerful skills and activated items, a goddamn dragon... at a certain point in the campaign he seemed to just stop taking damage from basically anything but the legendary dragons.

Speaking of the campaign, it was quite fun but lacked staying power for me personally. I've never felt so encouraged to focus on one epic doomstack, and while carting Imriks dragon carnival around to destroy everything in its path was fun for a while I didn't feel like there was an obvious next goal after securing the southeast and catching them all™.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    SharpyVII wrote: »

Be wary of what happens when Clan Mors and Grimgor run out of targets! I spent a not-inconsiderable amount of luchre on making them hate each other, but they both got really scary by the time I had the southeast locked down

THESPOOKY on
  • Options
    queek will absolutely fuck your shit up if you're not ready for him

• Options
    The Sale ends tomorrow if anyone was planning on picking anything up.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I got this and Blood Bowl II just now. Even though I've barely played Three Kingdoms. I got the Prophet and Warlock and Vampire Coast DLCs because why not?

Do people normally play on the default difficulty?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I've been meaning to start playing Blood Bowl 2 again. There was talk of starting up a small tournie over in the G&T thread but it sort of petered out AFAICT.

As for Total War, the additions to the Greenskins will hopefully make them feel a lot better to play. I sort of wish they'd made the Troll Hag a Lord just for funsies.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I got this and Blood Bowl II just now. Even though I've barely played Three Kingdoms. I got the Prophet and Warlock and Vampire Coast DLCs because why not?

Do people normally play on the default difficulty?

I usually play Normal/Normal just because it's more fun to me playing less optimal fluffy stuff than like 'doomstack or bust'

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Bought the game in November. Have fallen in love with.
    7 hours til the sale ends.
    Vampire Coast - Fun!? Worth buying?
    DLC I currently own:
    Tomb Kings, Norsca, Ikit, Alarielle, Grom, & Chaos.

Fav races: Vamp Counts, Dwarves, Norsca then still figuring out the rest.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Vamp Coast is zombie pirates. Absolutely a blast, one of my favorite races.

• Options
    If you're into the new Orks, it's definitely worth picking up some TWW1 DLC. Bonerattlaz have a super fun Terror Waagh, and Crooked Moon is a great companion to Grimgor in co-op.

• Options
    Unlucky wrote: »
    DLC I currently own:

If Vampire Counts and Dwarfs are your favourites, then yeah I'd say you'll enjoy Vampire Coast. They're an interesting blend of the two - slow and range heavy like the latter, but utilising chaff and monsters like the former.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Having an absolute banger of a Malekith ME campaign right now. At about turn 60 I've been able to confederate Har Ganeth, who has done REALLY well, so I've almost got every starting dark elf province under my control. Still pulling 8k a turn after the confederation, with 3.5 armies total, which is really nice. Once I rebuild all these settlements and wipe out the weird pockets of remaining delfs, it might be time for the GREAT ELF WAR on Ulthuan.

THESPOOKY on
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Imrik campaign is gathering pace.

Krok gar almost wipes out.

Will turn on Khalida once that's done.

Ulthuan is a mess. Caledor and Tyrion are wiped out already.

Gonna make my way across the continent and start a righteous war to retake my Elven homeland.

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    DLC I currently own:

If Vampire Counts and Dwarfs are your favourites, then yeah I'd say you'll enjoy Vampire Coast. They're an interesting blend of the two - slow and range heavy like the latter, but utilising chaff and monsters like the former.
    Cheers for the feedback folks. Bought the DLC. I kinda was convincing myself of it anyway, but your point here kinda stuck. I'll get around to playing this weekend and see how it all shakes out, looking forward to play.

A year or so ago I swore I'd never participate in these kinds of DLC practices, but here I am shoveling as much as I can get into my gob. It's very cost effective time wise, especially with COVID and tbh aside from that, it's just an awesome world I've always been a fan of since I played tabletop.

Fantastic
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    DLC I currently own:

Cheers for the feedback folks. Bought the DLC. I kinda was convincing myself of it anyway, but your point here kinda stuck. I'll get around to playing this weekend and see how it all shakes out, looking forward to play.

A year or so ago I swore I'd never participate in these kinds of DLC practices, but here I am shoveling as much as I can get into my gob. It's very cost effective time wise, especially with COVID and tbh aside from that, it's just an awesome world I've always been a fan of since I played tabletop.

OPERA GHOST

DO IT

• Options
    A year or so ago I swore I'd never participate in these kinds of DLC practices, but here I am shoveling as much as I can get into my gob.

I make an exception for this game, myself. I figure that they're adapting a property that fleshed itself out over the course of 27 years - to get even just the good stuff in would take far more than is possible with regular game releases.

On that note, I'm glad they realised what they had on their hands and shifted gears pretty quickly. For those that weren't aware, there was a data mine of some of the DLC schedule way back near the first game's release:

-DLC01 (Chaos Warriors)
    -DLC03 (Beastmen)
    -DLC05 (Wood Elves)
    -DLC08 (Tomb Kings)
    -EXP01 (High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen)
    -DLC10 (Skaven)
    -DLC13 (Chaos Dwarfs)
    -DLC15 (Ogre Kingdoms)
    -EXP02 (Chaos Khorne, Chaos Nurgle, Chaos Tzeentch, Chaos Slaanesh)

(Not part of the datamine, but: DLC02 was Blood for the Blood God, DLC04 The Grim and the Grave, and DLC06 - which released before DLC05 - was The King and the Warlord. After that, Norsca ended up being DLC07 - the first internal change from the original plan.)

At the same time, what would become the Mortal Empires map was also found (in a very rough state - mostly just the existing Old World plus coastlines and current map edges). So the final game would have looked like ME, with bits added onto the Old World as the DLCs released. We'd likely have had only a couple lords for each faction all sharing their capitols. Thankfully, they got far more ambitious.

• Options
    oh man, chaos dwarfs and ogre kingdoms

that uh

that could be fraught

• Options
    They'll almost certainly be in 3.

The real question is if Demons of Chaos will be one army or four. Personally, I hope they are split up because Nurgle has way too much stuff to be forced to share a roster with the other three.

Also what other factions we may get. Kislev and the Undead Legion (Nagash) both seem likely, and maybe some form of Dogs of War / Southern Realms.