As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    One free loot box a day is a pretty huge increase in the rate of getting event drops, I'm not surprised they changed it though I obviously wish they hadn't. The free 25 credits per game actually add up quite a lot though.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Well that's a fuckin pain in the ass

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    What about the 3 arcade loot boxes? I never play enough arcade these days. I imagine they're base boxes too?

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    nah arcade boxes are event boxes

• Options

Whut.

Mystery heroes, you say.

Only need Pharah, you mention. This is true, but how on earth did you know? o.O

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Mystery Heroes is what I play 99% of the time. I like that no one expects even the tiniest bit from me and sometimes I get to pop off on heroes I'm bad at. You just have to be able to accept bullshit RNG.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

Whut.

Mystery heroes, you say.

Only need Pharah, you mention. This is true, but how on earth did you know? o.O

yah when it's event time where you need 9 wins to earn a skin, i just play arcade till i get 9 wins. two birds with one exTREMELY messy stone

• Options
    If you want to get your wins ASAP, play Hog in deathmatch, it's in arcade today. It was already easy before but he's super broken there now.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    A hog's ability to insta-delete a Reaper at the moment should perhaps be addressed lol.

I'm getting teams where half of us are switching to counter one tank on the enemy team - I'm on Reaper, other DPS is Mei, a support's on Ana, both tanks are on Sig and D.Va and a well-supported Hog just destroys.

Ech. Bit much.

Chance on
  • Options
    Oooh an enemy brig teabagged me on third round of Busan. So I swapped to a character that hard countered both her DPS it was delicious.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    this is definitely my bias talking but i personally don't have any issue with anyone insta-deleting Reaper. fuck him and fuck my teammates who refuse to look at him while he wipes our whole team!

unrelated, last night I had probably the single most frustrating game ever that still turned into a win. it was blizzard world and the enemy team had a hanzo that kept taking annoying flank angles and a sombra that was constantly, constantly in our backlines. our team was not playing as a group, natch, and i felt like i was hacked half the time and getting headshot the other half. luckily the rest of their team pretty much just fell over, but goddamn is a good sombra annoying!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Had a game yesterday, attacking Route 66, that was a clusterfuck 98% of the match. Rotating leavers in the other DPS slot and most egregiously our second healer slot.

It was 5v6 all game, OT on points 1 and 2, and when we hit OT on the final leg, as I died, the DPS dropped again. Just as we'd finally gotten a second healer who decided to actually play. As I respawn, we get a 2nd DPS who goes Sombra.

I burn all my blinks to get back to the cart, veer off from my team to kill the Winston, leap out on point and at that moment the swirling clusterfuck that was my team all match (including a stalwart Mercy and Orisa who just wouldn't stop trying) snapped into place like a Tetris. I blitzed all 4 squishies in rapid succession (potg woo), and when the Reaper came out to death blossom us on point, the entire team turned to look at him, burned their defensive abilities and we shot him in the head.

It was so good.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Watching some OW streams and GM support players must be happy to be out of Brig prison.

I've gone from seeing her every game to like every now and then.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    How about an alt fire for Winston that focuses his lightning bolts so he can actually do some damage 1 on 1?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    How about an alt fire for Winston that focuses his lightning bolts so he can actually do some damage 1 on 1?

They should go through the entire cast and standardize.

Everybody gets an LMB, RMB, Shift, E, Quick Melee, and Ultimate. Nothing more, nothing less. No characters like Bastion, Pharah, Winston, Tracer, and Reaper who have empty buttons. No characters like Mercy and Torb with buttons literally nobody else has or uses. Man, the original cast is such a mess of inconsistent design, which used to include Dva too before her dumb missles.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Last 2 games of the night, steamroll loss 1st one. Tired and cranky. 2nd is attack on Eichenwald and we're making too-slow progress. Their Genji's a carry and my brother is playing Echo into their vicious Sombra, which is frustrating me to no end and in addition to low heals, which is why I figure we're losing on the bridge. It's down to like 60 seconds.

Finally I decide to give in to the lunacy and swap to Bastion. I say nothing, but my logic is sound - Bastion is well countered by both Sombra and Genji, and I guess that's what we're doing now ha ha ha

And then it worked and we just hammered our way across the bridge. They held us for like a fight and a half in the castle, but...

Yeah. My petty throw pick won. Fuk.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Pharah and Tracer use both mouse buttons, don't tell me you mash your keyboard to blink and fly

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I use space to fly because my fingers get confused when trying to coordinate flying and shooting on the same hand

but yeah I put blink on RMB like a week after I got the game and never looked back

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Winston is terrifying 1v1 against most squishies. I wouldn't be opposed to spicing up his moveset a little bit but it would have to come with a tradeoff.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    The ability for Winston to increase singular damage output would make him even more monstrously effective against the targets he already has a positive matchup against and make those heroes less viable, which I mean

I guess there isn't any reason for backline heroes to exist if you run Doomfist-Winston if their TTK was so laughably short

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    A nearly guaranteed 60 damage per second is respectable.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Winston is balanced right now, he doesn't need an alt fire. When people learn how to actually leap/punch/primary with bubble walk he's gonna kill or make any non-tank or Reaper dead or easy pickings for his team.

I actually played Orissa the other day, and wow did they make Halt suck ass, it doesn't capture anything and the enemy players momentum breaks any grab attempt. At this point instead of making it pull people together I'd rather it be changed to be the reverse, a triggered concussive boop like Pharah that you can fire to push people out of immortality field or something. Call it Dab!

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I use space to fly because my fingers get confused when trying to coordinate flying and shooting on the same hand

but yeah I put blink on RMB like a week after I got the game and never looked back

Agreed, space bar/jump button for a jetpack ability has been the standard in not just FPS games, but pretty much all games, going back decades. If nothing else, it's what I've been trained for by dozens of other games. But it's also how Echo and Mercy work too.

As for Tracer, I have it on RMB too. I think that may even be by default, but binding one ability to multiple keys isn't multiple abilities, and is even more of an unusual special case. It's effectively is just changing "she doesn't have an RMB ability" to "she doesn't have a Shift ability." Same with Bastion's Repair his E. I never use E for repair. He effectively has no E ability for me like Tracer has no Shift.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Y'know, the more I play this patch the more I like it. It plays more like Year 1 OW.

I think Hog needs to be addressed, but maybe in a different direction. If he's to keep this damage on his M1, maybe push him further towards DPS by reducing his survivability a little. Zarya's got 400HP and no armor either, right? Her primary thing is DPS too.

Difference being, her hitbox isn't a colossal orb so...

Drop his health to 500, reduce his size by 15%, reduce the heal of breather by 50 (heals 250 - still 50%). If he's going to be a Slow Reaper I guess that's okay, but Reaper doesn't have 600 HP or 1200 effective during huff.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    New Experiment patch up, Moira rework again:
    Hello again, everyone!

We’re back with another Experimental mode focused on Moira (Patch Notes 57). We received a lot of feedback during our previous Moira tests, so we’ve been iterating on some new potential changes for Moira. Much like our previous test on July 23, 2020, these changes are not guaranteed to reach the live version of the game.

What are we trying to address?

In our previous Moira experiment, we talked a little about our goals for Moira’s gameplay 2:

We want Moira to be fun to play.
    We want Moira to have the opportunity make big game-impacting plays.
    We want Moira’s gameplay to feel skillful and dynamic.

As a hero, Moira is an incredibly reliable pick due to her high healing and damage output. This leads to Moira being perceived as easy to learn and consistent across all skill levels. The team has been testing some updates to her kit to address the goals above.

What are we testing?

This Experimental mode is an iteration on our previous test, with Biotic Grasp, Damage Orb, and Fade undergoing some changes.

Biotic Grasp’s attach angle will still be reduced by 37%, requiring her Secondary Fire ability to require more accuracy.
    Rather than being based on proximity, Damage Orb will now deal damage by attaching to enemies. This is accompanied by changes that will require the ability to require more accuracy than the current iteration as well.
    Fade will phase out nearby allies as it did in the previous test, but will no longer permit Moira or allies to escape Zarya’s Graviton Surge or Sigma’s Gravitic Flux (this will also apply to Reaper’s Wraith Form). We’ve also removed the previously tested cleansing effects. Given the power of Fade, we’ve also increased the cooldown slightly.

We hope you check out the new Experimental mode and provide us with your feedback! Science will reveal the truth – And all great science requires data! As always, this is an Experiment, so the changes in this test may not reach the live game.

Thank you!

MOIRA

Biotic Grasp

Attach angle reduced by 37%

Biotic Orb

Damage Orb

Now sticks to enemies when impacting them, instead of piercing through them
    Only deals damage if stuck to a target
    Deals a constant 60 DPS to all enemies
    Will remain on a stuck player for 3 seconds or until 120 damage is dealt to that player, whichever happens first
    The Orb is destroyed if it hits an enemy barrier
    Reduced max number of bounces to 1
    Increased projectile speed from 20 to 25

Fade

Now phases out all allies within 6 meters (and self) for 1 second after exiting Fade
    No longer frees Moira or allies from Zarya’s Graviton Surge or Sigma’s Gravitic Flux
    Cooldown increased from 6s to 8s

REAPER

Wraith Form

No longer frees Reaper from Zarya’s Graviton Surge or Sigma’s Gravitic Flux

Would have liked to see other changes added to this too, like fixing Ashe some more and removing cancel on Naruto's deflect

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Biotic Grasp
    Attach angle reduced by 37%

Biotic Orb
    Damage Orb

Now sticks to enemies when impacting them, instead of piercing through them
    Only deals damage if stuck to a target
    Deals a constant 60 DPS to all enemies
    Will remain on a stuck player for 3 seconds or until 120 damage is dealt to that player, whichever happens first
    The Orb is destroyed if it hits an enemy barrier
    Reduced max number of bounces to 1
    Increased projectile speed from 20 to 25

Fade
    Now phases out all allies within 6 meters (and self) for 1 second after exiting Fade
    No longer frees Moira or allies from Zarya’s Graviton Surge or Sigma’s Gravitic Flux
    Cooldown increased from 6s to 8s

...I need to see this stick effect in action.

Chance on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Also between Echo and now Moira, Tracer's sticky bomb is getting less Ulty by the secondy!

Wait that gave me an idea:

Roadhog
    Whole Hog
    • When activated, Roadhog jams his gun into a mass of black tar. It immediately begins the Whole Hog effect. Hog then flings the newly constructed sticky scrap gun straight forward - a projectile with identical speed and size properties to his hook.
    • The first enemy impacted by the sticky scrap gun loses all movement control and is flung about as if it were a basketball that the gun was stuck to.
    • Neither Hog nor the target have any control over where the shots go.

Dev notes:
    Hog was feeling too skillful and required a pretty high technical ceiling to get the most out of. This reduces the effectiveness of Whole Hog at higher skill levels, while still making it hilarious in all SR brackets.

Chance on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Destroying the orb if it hits a barrier just plain murders it, and reducing max bounces to one is... oof.

I don't really get the stick either. It's already sounding like if you have three people grouped up and stick one, it's going to do 360 damage in total if you hit anybody. And if like, you have the whole team grouped up and stick something like a Reaper who then ghost walks, it could potentially do nearly 1,000 damage.

Kind of seems like that makes barriers even more important while ostensibly trying to make them less.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Destroying the orb if it hits a barrier just plain murders it, and reducing max bounces to one is... oof.

I don't really get the stick either. It's already sounding like if you have three people grouped up and stick one, it's going to do 360 damage in total if you hit anybody. And if like, you have the whole team grouped up and stick something like a Reaper who then ghost walks, it could potentially do nearly 1,000 damage.

Kind of seems like that makes barriers even more important while ostensibly trying to make them less.

Well... Echo's bombs are affected by shields, so's Junk's trap and Tracer's sticky. This is consistent with sticky things.

Also are we sure it deals more than its previous max 200 damage I thought? I got the impression if you hit someone with it, that person begins taking 60DPS but it also says "deals a consistent 60DPS to all enemies."

Idk what the math looks like on this one.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Chance wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Well... Echo's bombs are affected by shields, so's Junk's trap and Tracer's sticky. This is consistent with sticky things.

Also are we sure it deals more than its previous max 200 damage I thought? I got the impression if you hit someone with it, that person begins taking 60DPS but it also says "deals a consistent 60DPS to all enemies."

Idk what the math looks like on this one.

No, there's no damage cap on it. It's also super fucky looking. When you hit an enemy with it, it instantly blips to above their heads where it stays and deals 60 DPS a second to everything around them.

You can see it here at 1:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5zUNj3LkMo

Also, other sticky things stick to or blow up when they hit shields. Not blip out of existence.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The duration logic on the orb is super confusing. If you get stuck you want to take damage faster and not use Fortify/etc because if you do that then it'll be active longer. Makes no sense, just have it last 2 seconds.

Zek on
  • Options
    Damn, I'm sad to see them remove the cleanse from Moira's fade, I thought that was a really cool ability. So now that literally all it does is fade out your team for a second, it seems...mostly pointless? Like the use cases for that being a big, impactful team ability feel super limited at this point.

• Options
    Nu Moira is fine from what I've seen, she still needs her ult charge time increased massively but the orb is fine, I would just like a more apparent indicator that I have the orb on me, just a red tinge doesn't do much. Perhaps reduce the area damage to others nearby the marked enemy because it creates too much burst damage and it's like pulse bomb where you get punished for your fucking idiot teammate getting too close to you. Compared to the previous one, this is fine, it forces you on a heal or DPS path, and the only thing hurting the experiment is the insane low ult charge times across the board.

• Options
    Damn, I'm sad to see them remove the cleanse from Moira's fade, I thought that was a really cool ability. So now that literally all it does is fade out your team for a second, it seems...mostly pointless? Like the use cases for that being a big, impactful team ability feel super limited at this point.

It's still a full extra second of invulnerability for Moira, which to me firmly belongs in the "is this seriously necessary?" category. She's already hugely prevalent at the lower ranks because of how much sustain she provides and how slippery she is. This would just make that even stronger.

I feel like the core problem with Moira is that her skill floor is just way too high, or she's too easy to get big consistent/constant value from, however you want to put that. The orb change to make it more feast or famine is kind of the direction that they probably need to take her, but almost anything they do short of a full overhaul is going to mean taking a huge chunk out of her default value and brutalize her base kit.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    It might be a big nerf to her 1v1 though.

If Moira has to stick the orb to deal more than what 35 damage per second to the flanker coming for her, and...

Well I'd have to test I guess.

• Options
    When did "X diff" become the default way to talk shit about people? Is it just because you can be super lazy? Despite a 3-2 night, all tank as I'm trying to get that back up to Plat too, but profoundly frustrating all around. My favorite was probably the feeding Reinhardt who decided to start screaming about not getting bubbled, after getting a bubble, and using it to ult, and then charge into the enemy spawn. But sure, I'm magnanimous and bubbled him again to cleanse the anti-heal he walked into... and then he got slept literally the moment the bubble went down. Whose fault was that? Must be Zarya's!

But I think the most obnoxious thing was the what sounded like a 10 year old trying to lecture people on The Meta in a constant stream of consciousness. "If we want to win, we need to go meta." "Lucio isn't meta right now, you should switch to Baptiste who's in the meta." "Ignore the Hamster. He's weak in this meta." You sure, kid? You sure the fact that he's completely uncontested isn't a problem? You sure that him ulting every fight isn't a sign that maybe that's something we need to address? Oh, but now you're complaining about me switching to Winston to deal with the Widow our Tracer and Torbjorn are clearly uninterested in doing anything about.

And then there was the game on Eichenwald where we were getting stomped on defense to start, but someone on the other team DCed/left after they captured the first two points, and they managed to push it in by stacking a bunch of ults, and by dint of multiple of our team using the leaver as an excuse to start fucking around. And then three of them left. So it was a hopeless 6v2 for the other team. But wait, it gets worse. They kept stalling it as Hog/Mei, and four people on my team decided to fuck around instead of clearing the point. So they stalled it enough so that because of being stomped the first round, we had to go on attack and do that whole bullshit again. I even tried to leave the point after capping it just to end the round sooner, but the jackasses on our team wouldn't get off the point or help kill the enemy team. It took close to ten minutes to get out of that stupid fucking match after it dropped to 6v2.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    that x diff thing is the most passive aggressive stuff i've seen in the game yet. too afraid to call out someone so they'll just say, "oh the other tank was better". also "wheres the X at" has become super common in the last day or so.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I stuck to DPS last night and ended up 7 and 3. Had a Clear Doom Smurf - who had, immediately prior, absolutely beaten the shit out of me in a Deathmatch - on the enemy team who tore us to shreds in round 1 and switching to Sombra didn't get us the point back.

Round 2 one of the supports wise up and swap off Zen to Brig, we take it. Round 3 he switches to McCree so I go back to Tracer.

Point goes to 99/99, he's obliterating half my team every fight I don't pick him first. We're on the indoor Nepal map where the Hams and frogs love to boop, and he and the other DPS see me coming at them on the high ground opposite the point. They both come to deal with me by the Mega where roadhog's love to hook dudes off the point.

Our duel lasts a long time. Just long enough for my team to take the point and OT to tick away as he killed me.

Good game ^.^

Chance on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    that x diff thing is the most passive aggressive stuff i've seen in the game yet. too afraid to call out someone so they'll just say, "oh the other tank was better". also "wheres the X at" has become super common in the last day or so.

the most powerful mercy energy u can channel is "dps diff" at the end of the game

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Nothing makes you feel quite as old as having to google trash talk terms. But at least now i know.

Doubt I'll be able to get the Orissa Ice Cream skin due to weekend obligations, which bums me out as of the 3 its the one i'd likely use. But given that I don't much care for her new Halt I suppose I should start learning Zarya more anyways.

steam_sig.png