As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guild Wars

• Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    squirly, I would like to help of you need any.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Drool wrote: »
    Oh man that's pretty cool. Was Rook all like, "Monkeeeee get back here you tit *sigh"? Cause that's mostly what I remember about running missions with them.

One thing I don't like about EotN is the gay little rabbit guys. I know it's a rule written somewhere that every RPG ever has a diminutive cute magic using race, but I always respected GW for it's lack of a gnomes, tarutarus or other cute races.
    No, there was very little sighing or condescension on rook's part. It was actually kind of disappointing/disorienting :O

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Shit, I might even pick up Eye of the North.

I re-started on Prophecies to play through the campaign, since I never finished it the first time through due to real life issues.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've recently re-engaged in playing a bit of prophecies, and I'm enjoying it.

I'll no doubt purchase eye of the north once I finish it as well

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I haven't even done the first mission yet... I've just been doing the odd quests to pick up some new skills since I'm deviating from my usual "healing faggot" role.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I started an Ele and I'm in Pre. I'm gonna try to get to 8 or 9 before leaving. I also started a one man guild called Super Happy Fun Guild of Death.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If any of you guys don't feel like they have enough people in your guild, you could join our alliance (our meaning my brother, his girlfriend, me, and our IRL friends). The server's America, and our guild's name is "Nobody Doesn't Like Ownage" (NDLO).

We're very laid-back, and we just play for fun.

If you want to contact me in-game, just talk to "Trillian Rubicant".

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Dingggg level 6. I am all decked out in the pre collector's gear.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    warcrack_headwarcrack_head Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    This may require another thread altogether...but what say you guys of a topic "WOW vs. Guild Wars" ?

Obviously there are major differences, but each facet of the game could have good arguments for or against it....(i.e. Cost, PvP differences, Guilds, etc.)

Maybe better to start this in a new thread? I'd be happy to delete this and start one if you guys think thats best/...

warcrack_head on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    This may require another thread altogether...but what say you guys of a topic "WOW vs. Guild Wars" ?

Obviously there are major differences, but each facet of the game could have good arguments for or against it....(i.e. Cost, PvP differences, Guilds, etc.)

Maybe better to start this in a new thread? I'd be happy to delete this and start one if you guys think thats best/...

It's going to become a shitfest SO fast... nobody on Earth is mature enough for this.
    fuck WoW

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    No. We are not starting that fucking shitfest.

Also, dunno if I put this in earlier, but one of my characters (if you have one, you have all of them since it's accountbased) is Save Ginny Weasley. So yeah. Add and if you whisper tell me you're from PA so I don't think you're some random creeper.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Any X game vs Y game threads are bound to be terrible. There is nothing to be gained from it. Nothing.

It's even worse when either X or Y is WoW. Seriously, bad idea.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Any X game vs Y game threads are bound to be terrible. There is nothing to be gained from it. Nothing.

It's even worse when either X or Y is WoW. Seriously, bad idea.

It would be a thousand times more horrible than the rampant fanboyism of NMA, none would survive, all that is good on this board would be turned into a trillion pieces of ash, scattered on the winds of broken dreams through the valleys of lost hope. There would also be furries; big, gay, yiffy, furries.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    StealthcStealthc Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Just a bit over a week until new things to do. I ended up getting my Guardian of Tyria by hero henching everything...

I'm going to be the polymock king of bitches!

In the meantime if anyone wants any help whisper me on Stealth Crusader, currently chilling in Xen of the Pacific after my awesome life in KCHS

Stealthc on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Interesting thing from those videos: You won't need to own NF to unlock and use the 10 heroes they'll give you in EotN.

Interesting.

Now I finally have no regrets about not purchasing NF after I friggin despised the preview weekends.

Man, after loving me some Guild Wars for at least a year I got burned out and haven't played for months, maybe I need some new people to play with.

Are a bunch of folks here going to be buying GW:EN?

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Interesting thing from those videos: You won't need to own NF to unlock and use the 10 heroes they'll give you in EotN.

Interesting.

Now I finally have no regrets about not purchasing NF after I friggin despised the preview weekends.

Man, after loving me some Guild Wars for at least a year I got burned out and haven't played for months, maybe I need some new people to play with.

Hell yeah! The second that thing comes out I'll be all over it :D
    I already sunk 800 hours in GW, let's hit the bottom of the barrel.

Djiem on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I haven't played Nightfall in SOOOOOO long.....I"m still a level 12

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    You made it to 12? My dervish is still at 6.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Djiem wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »

Interesting.

Hell yeah! The second that thing comes out I'll be all over it :D
    I already sunk 800 hours in GW, let's hit the bottom of the barrel.

I don't even want to think about the amount of time I spent on GW over the course of a year and a half *shudder*

Hehe... bottom of the barrel. So true.

GW:EN it is.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    DeadshotDeadshot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Deadshot on
    o ok
  • Options
    GibberxGibberx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, I'm looking for a decent guild. I like to play random nights when I find the time. I was in KCHS for a little bit, but nobody was around, so I tried the guild my little brother was in. Turns out that my brother is a retard, and he joined that guild because they offered him free gold. It quickly went to shit. :(

So is anybody here in a guild that is reasonably active? I don't need any kind of hardcore playing, just people to talk to and run the occasional mission with would be cool. Mature people are a must (no age limit, just don't act retarded). Ventrilo is a plus. :)

P.S. my in-game name is Haggard Bale

Gibberx on
    Its+Tryke.png
    PSN: ItsTryke
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Gibberx wrote: »
    So, I'm looking for a decent guild. I like to play random nights when I find the time. I was in KCHS for a little bit, but nobody was around, so I tried the guild my little brother was in. Turns out that my brother is a retard, and he joined that guild because they offered him free gold. It quickly went to shit. :(

So is anybody here in a guild that is reasonably active? I don't need any kind of hardcore playing, just people to talk to and run the occasional mission with would be cool. Mature people are a must (no age limit, just don't act retarded). Ventrilo is a plus. :)

I'm in a guild of 7-8 people who know each other in real life, and about only three of us are still moderately active. Not a very tempting guild to join, but hey, anyone who's not a dickhead is invited. Also, if you guys here form a guild together, I'm up for an alliance with it.

Djiem on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I should probably add that the Eye of the North Sneak Peak weekend is open.

gwen-concept_page.jpg

Details

* Pre-order now via the Guild Wars In-Game Store, the PlayNC store, or one of our many retail partners.
    * Early access begins on August 24, 2007 at 12:01 AM Pacific time (-7 GMT). To travel to the Far Shiverpeaks and access the Sneak Peek content, speak with one of the following NPCs:
    o Len Caldoron in Lion's Arch
    o Minister of Maintenance Raiugyon in Kaineng Center
    o Bendah in Kamadan
    * Early access ends on August 26, 2007 at 11:59 PM Pacific time. All progress, items, skills, and Heroes you have unlocked and obtained during the Sneak Peek Weekend will be accessible again when the game goes live on August 31.

manualbuttononblack.jpg
    mapposterbuttononblack.jpg

Sadly, it's also bioshock release weekend :(

Rook on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll buy it when it hits stores.

Until then, i have monk to get through the ring of fire. An assassin to finish the last 3 missions in cantha, a paragon to get off istan, and a dervish to finish the last 3 missions of nightfall.

I'm very busy.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Djiem wrote: »
    Gibberx wrote: »

I'm in a guild of 7-8 people who know each other in real life, and about only three of us are still moderately active. Not a very tempting guild to join, but hey, anyone who's not a dickhead is invited. Also, if you guys here form a guild together, I'm up for an alliance with it.

I'm also in a guild with a single friend whom i hang out with in real life.

We are in a very small alliance.

You could all friend me.

Four Story Tantrum

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Anyone trying out the free preview event that is going on right now?

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkfishDarkfish Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yes. M Bison is a bitch as a ranger.

Darkfish on
    hyrulesig1ui.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm buying it in like 2 seconds!

Come on, GW, loooooad!

Djiem on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If I do get the expansion I fear the amount of patching that will have to be done. A fresh GW install sucks balls.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yes, it took a lot of time to download, but man, it was worth it!
    This expansion rocks :D
    Kiiiiilrooooyyyy Stoneskiiiiiiiiiiin!!!

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I've only managed to play a bit of it, sadly due to it being Bioshokc release weekend over here. But yeah, it's definitely pretty funky. Bonus points for having The Brain from Pinky aand the Brain in it.

Rook on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    "I command in Captain Langmar's absence.
    My name is Gwen."

gwen_gw085_edit.jpg
    :^::^::^:
    Rook wrote: »
    I've only managed to play a bit of it, sadly due to it being Bioshokc release weekend over here. But yeah, it's definitely pretty funky. Bonus points for having The Brain from Pinky aand the Brain in it.

I knew I recognized that voice from somewhere!

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Boobs, I mean, u, sorry hot chick by window. You start in Kryta to get to the preview event, right?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Boobs, I mean, u, sorry hot chick by window. You start in Kryta to get to the preview event, right?

I think you can get the quests in any of the 3 main cities, but the access point is in N. Kryta, yeah.

It seems to require level 20, which makes perfect sense but I hadn't read that anywhere.

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Okay, so. I remember a bit back, somebody quickly listed off the expansions, what they included, and ranked them in order of importance. I have the original game and I'm thinking about reinstalling, so I'd like to know what expansion packs I should grab ASAP and what I should wait on.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    TxdoHawk wrote: »
    Okay, so. I remember a bit back, somebody quickly listed off the expansions, what they included, and ranked them in order of importance. I have the original game and I'm thinking about reinstalling, so I'd like to know what expansion packs I should grab ASAP and what I should wait on.

Nightfall is the place to start with expansions: Many heroes, armors, a good 1-20 campaign, 2 classes, lots of good skills including some newer PVE-only skills. Very solid, rewarding PVE experience. Oh, and with Prophecies+NF, you get Olias, a nice Necro hero.

Then, probably, GWEN as of Aug 31: new PVE skills, new level 20 campaign, armors, 10 heroes that don't require NF.

Then Factions: PVE and PVP skills, including some new PVE-only skills, a decent 1-20 SP campaign, armor, 1 meh assassin hero if you also have NF. Factions also has easy access to max armors in Kaineng City and lots of great XP quests for leveling your char and heroes.

(Actually, they've made some changes to assassin skills so maybe the sin hero isn't so bad anymore.)

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• Options
    edited August 2007
    Honestly, I'd just wait on Eye of the North rather than comitting to a full campaign at the moment. But yeah, Nightfall is better than factions (and the original).

Rook on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Honestly, I'd just wait on Eye of the North rather than comitting to a full campaign at the moment. But yeah, Nightfall is better than factions (and the original).

Doesn't it require a level 20 character though?

Edit: EOTN, that is.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    TxdoHawk wrote: »

Doesn't it require a level 20 character though?

Edit: EOTN, that is.

Yes.

gwen_gw087_20access.jpg

HarshLanguage on
    > turn on light

• Options
    edited August 2007
    That's what I figured. Oh, awesome, my old characters are still around.

IGN: Miss Ogynistic, although I need to go create a new player and hit the tutorial missions to remember how to play. :P

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png