[Knights Flying Crown] A Randomly-Generated Beamsaber Mission

135

Posts

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 17
    That was certainly a thing bouncing around in my head! I'm going to reach out to a friend, see if we can get a little bit more leverage on this job to grease the wheels for us.



    @Cheeseliker
    [Follow-Up Question on Plying the Soldier: Are the comms tower cameras on a wired closed-circuit (and thus a pain in the butt to remote hack) or hastily erected within a wireless network (that could presumably be hacked externally)?



    Mentalist taps a few keys on her terminal, bringing up a comms app. A few keystrokes later, and she's landing messages in Duri's channel.

    "Salutations, Friend! If you and your cohort are available, I think I might have need of your services."

    [Consort or Sway?]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I guess if we go with Distract, infiltrate, blow up tower, then Kiku could Engineer the explosives in preparation if that's even necessary.
    Otherwise she's happy to accompany someone else on another gather info.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Sounds like a plan, I could either Interface with the camera, or use my mech to Bombard/Maneuver/Scan for distraction.

    If we can do another thing without a lot of risk, I'll try to find out some more information about opposing forces, their vehicles and their capabilities (weapon types, sensors, weight class, stuff like that).

    Geth, roll 1d6 for additional surveillance

    additional surveillance:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (I don't know about the cameras, let's roll to find out! 1-3: closed-circuit. 4-6 wireless network)

    geth roll 1d6 cameras

    cameras:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, the cameras are on a closed circuit. (Consort is asking a friend for help. Sway is lying/manipulating/persuading. Considering this isn't just a gather information roll, the roll is Controlled position, Standard Effect)

    (Another thing to note is this is a Forged in the Dark game, which means you can always Flashback to perform an action of some kind, it just may cost stress depending on how easily/realistic it would've been for your character to perform)

    "Mentalist," Duri says (pronouns, what do they look like?). "You're not still rounding up deserters, are you? What do you want?"


    Tom, you spend time with some binoculars to pick out AWV's, you notice within the city are a couple of Light Apes, meant to take out infantry and just small enough to maneuver inside the town. There's also an Elephant, a large construction-style mech to the North working on building out the wall that splits the devastated north from the south. Also, creeping along in the Northern remains is a Kettle, a medium mech that resembles a long caterpillar with black and white ceramic armor. It has multiple limbs useful for salvaging and searching the remains after a battle.

    Outside the town in the nearby southern barracks, close enough to respond to trouble should the town signal need for it or should they see explosions, are a couple more Apes. You also suspect there would be either a couple mediums or a large AWV somewhere close by, should the need for defense arrive, though perhaps the Church has sent its own mech squads off for an offensive. You do see a large tarp covering a vast open area next to the barracks but you cannot get close.


  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Some more info about how this will work. You decide engagement, I make engagement roll based on factors. The result of the roll decides whether you're in a 'controlled', 'risky' or 'desperate' position when we cut to the mission itself.

    It also sounds like this might be a Linked Mission because straight from the book: "For example; part of the Squad might attack the fortifications as a diversion, while the other part sneaks into theenemy base. How this is handled depends on if the first part needs to succeed for the second part to be attempted. If the first stage of a plan will benefit the latter stage, but is not required, it can be handled with the setup teamwork action or through a Flashback. With a success, the setup will improve the Position or Effect of squadmates. A failed setup might cause trouble for the second part of the plan. If a setup is done before the engagement roll is made, consider giving the Squad +1d or -1d depending on the result of the setup.

    So if we go with your plan, it's definitely a Deception engagement. Whoever is attacking would roll an action roll to see how the diversionary attack does, then we'd roll the deception engagement to see how well the infiltration group starts off. Then we'd go from there, each group dealing with their own situations. You each have throat-mics so you can stay in contact)

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    "Yeah, no. I've got a line on a new job. An entire new squad, even, and I somehow landed in the role of CO. We're just about to get our first operation off the ground, and I'll not mince words: we're going to be hitting the Cult in Hulinton. Our operational plan is nearly set, but we would appreciate some technical support from your outfit.

    All we need is for your radio tech to blast some garbage across the Cult's comms bands, make it difficult for them to coordinate over wireless. The content doesn't matter; your transmitter, your call.

    Tell me whether we can work something out here, Duri."

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Consort (Duri's best friend)

    Consort (Duri's best friend):
    2d6 8 [2d6=4, 4]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (so 4/5 is mixed success. When in a Controlled position, you can take the success with a minor consequence, in this case, they're going to ask you to do something for them during the mission, or you can try again but the situation becomes risky.)

    "Sounds like we might be able to help each other. We don't have much love for the Cult of Earth Found, they're trying to convince everyone this is earth. Now, we don't care about whether this is Earth or not, we just want you fucking factions off our planet, but the more people that think this is earth, the more you fight over it."

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    (What do you think, guys? Take the deal? I'm inclined to say yes.)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeseliker
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited June 17
    "Never got anything done without taking a few risks, and I'd rather risk it with the people who won't be pointing guns at us tomorrow."

    Xagar on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Actually, Nips, hold on. Here's the text on allies: "Once per mission a Pilot can declare that they “have an old friend” who can help. Describe the scenario of when you last saw them, and make an Action Roll appropriate for those circumstances. A 4-6 indicates that you are on good terms with the Ally and they are likely to help you. A 1-3 shows that they don't want to see you, but could be convinced to help. Any roll less than a 6 incurs Consequences as appropriate to the Position, which might be related to your past with the Ally, the Ally's current situation, or something unrelated to the Ally. Add the ally to your Connections sheet with a short description instead of Beliefs."

    So you declare Duri is an old friend. We need you to describe when you last saw them. You rolled the appropriate action roll and a 4-6 means you are on good terms. Since you didn't roll a 6, we still have the consequence, which I think I'm actually going to change. )


    "We can work something out...as long as you make it worth our while." Duri's asking for 1 Material point after the mission.

    Nips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    When last we saw Mentalist and Duri...

    Somewhere in Journey City

    The camera pans down over a packed mixed residential-and-commercial district, neon lights and holograms perking up in the twilight sun. A slight pan and zoom to the left frames a sign hanging above a door, more gaudily lit than anything in its surroundings.

    "The Burden of Proof" frames the image of a liquor bottle of unknown provenance.

    The view swings into and through the open door, revealing a bar more densely-packed with tables and chairs than patrons. Loud punk-metal screams over strategically placed speakers, and the odor of stale spilled beer permeates the room. At the back of the bar, the crack of pool balls rings hard and sharp.

    "You know I'm no good at this game, Duri." Mentalist sighs, leaning on a cue stick nearby.

    "That's right, I do. And why you keep insisting to play me for chits, I'll never understand. But here we are, with me taking your money once again." Duri sinks a critical shot, keeping his score multiplier up.

    "Maybe one day, I'll figure out the angles. You also know math has never been my strong suit." Another crack of the pool balls, and the table bleeps a weak fanfare of completion. Duri stands up, seemingly satisfied.

    Mentalist hands Duri a chit, and wanders over to the bar. With another chit down and a quick signal to the barkeep, two glasses of the house favorite are in her hands as she returns to the table.

    Duri grins. "You may not have a head for numbers, but you never fail to have a good read on a person." Duri takes the glass with the look of a man starved for a drink.

    They clink glasses and drink in tandem.



    (I'm good with giving up a point of Material, if the team is likewise)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Just to provide next steps if we move forward with current thinking.

    I assume Scout/Soldier in Mechs. You 2 would decide which action is appropriate, and then either the leader would roll and the other person could assist by spending 1 stress for 1d/better position/better effect. Or you could do a teamwork roll, where both you roll and take the highest.

    A success would give a +1d to the Stealth engagement roll. I would add bonuses/negatives based on other things, such as aid from The Burden, +1, enemies interfering -1, etc. Then I make the roll, 1-3 you start out desperate, 4/5 risky, 6=controlled, and we cut to the action. )

  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    OCC: Hey Ya'll, I'm around, been sick (not Covid) and the thought to put in for role playing hasn't been there. I'm getting better though, any recommendations for getting my character going into this? Reading this and man I am out of my element, coming from almost exclusively D&D.

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 19
    (So that's kind of the great thing about Beam Saber/Blades In The Dark derivatives: In the pre-mission stuff, there doesn't need to be a strict continuity, so you can jump in wherever and bounce around as needed!

    If you think there's something your character can do to help set us up on this sortie, throw it out there and run with it!

    Glad to hear you're feeling better!)

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    webguy20
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Yeah, don't worry about it. You decide what your character is doing, we can figure out the action roll stuff together. The important thing about this and other games like it, they are Fiction First, so just decide what your character is going to do, we will make the mechanics fit after. So your guy has Study so maybe he studies plans of the town, or newsfeeds about the Cult. I also notice you have a ton of Mech abilities, so maybe you would actually be one of the pilots in the mechs causing the disturbance. Just go with the flow and try anything you think of. If you can't think of anything now, there's always flashbacks.

    I'm just wondering who is going to be in mechs and who is infiltrating. It's really up in the air, Scout has Prowl which would be handy, Envoy has some social action ratings which would be handy. SOldier has Struggle which would be handy in a melee/skirmish. It's really up to you guys, I could see many different options. )

  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Yea I would definitely like to be one of the Mech folks. At least some times.

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Can we pilot and infiltrate at the same time with the Mech remote control units?

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    You could but you remote piloting is not easy, so that would affect your rolls (usually limited effect vs standard if using remote piloting), but that's not a bad idea since you're just planning on using mechs as a distraction.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 19
    (So I have basically nothing in the kind of skills that make for a good B&E infiltrator. I think I'd be better suited for Big Mech Distraction Team, but I'm absolutely not against being on Sneaky Infiltration Team if other peeps want to get that taste and mix it up.)

    I mean, I got all these Stress boxes to spend! May as well get really stressed out doing something I'm actively bad at!)

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Aren't you good at talking? That can be useful if you get caught or have to deal with people, which is why I thought you might consider being B+E. You can go with Discriders idea of using Remote Control Units as well.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    I'll be in my mech, since I have at least 1 in all of the things I'll likely be doing.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    (I'm almost certainly on the B&E team, but aside from Talking Real Good I've got jack-to-squat other skills that might be useful. Just wanted to point it out to the team, in case that swayed anyone's opinion!)

    (Let's be real, I can fumble a chunk of C4 onto a support pillar with the best of 'em.)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    At tier 0 you will all be fumbling along! So Xagar in a mech. Discrider potentially B+E and remote controlling mech. Nips on B+E. webguy, what you think?

    discrider
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Also if nobody feels good about B and E, it could be more smash and grab and get out, less focus on the sneaky parts.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    (Listen, if I've learned anything about games like this, a quiet B&E will devolve into a very loud smash and grab in a matter of seconds into the mission, without fail.

    I have already braced and clenched myself for this inevitability.)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeseliker
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 21
    (Yeah, Kiku's stealth is going to consist of
    - Demand the enemy soldier get out of the way, we're meant to be here
    - Punch opposition in the face

    .. I guess 'aid in stealth rolls' is the first step though)

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    NipsCheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (So it seems like Webguy and Xagar will be in mechs assaulting as a distraction. This can either be done as a Teamwork roll, you both roll the same mech action and highest number rolled is used, or one of you can roll the action while the other Assists. My guess is the action would be Bombard or Battle. Bombard seems a better choice considering you both have dots in it. Teamwork makes sense to me, so webugy you would roll 2d6 and Xagar you would roll 1d6. This roll would be Controlled/Limited as they don't know you're coming but they are higher tier. You also need to let me know are you attacking from the north, east or south? The North is ruined buildings and such with a newly-built wall, the south is more open but is also closer to the barracks that may holds more AWV's. )

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    My plan is to target the construction bot (which I think is on the North) with a Bombard, then move on to other things that would piss people off if they were blown up. I don't want to fire close to the town itself. The best idea is definitely to group up together with our vehicles!

    (Sorry I'm not putting more flavor in these posts, my mental energy is currently taken up temporarily running two campaigns.)

    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited June 22
    (no worries about flavor. There can be more flavor as we get into the engagement itself. That sounds like a fine idea as well, so draw attention to the north while the infiltrators go in through the sewers. Before we do this, you should all declare Load(light, medium, heavy). This determines how much your pilot can carry as well as how out-of-place you might seem. Light you look like a civilian, medium, a soldier, heavy: loaded for war. You don't need to say what your pilot is carrying until you decide in the moment. So you might say, ok i shoot him with my pistol(check off pistol), etc. Things that are in italics don't cost any load. You will all have throat mics so you can communicate as well. )

    E: Also, splitting the party isnt as big a deal in this as it might be in DnD.

    Cheeseliker on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mentalist thinks about her loadout, strapping a vest on. She then eyes a number of insertable armor plates and grabs them by the armful.

    (Going Heavy here!)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    @webguy20 @Xagar
    (To finalize and perhaps get us to rolling some dice, I think a teamwork Bombard sounds perfect for the situation. Webguy, you would roll 2d6 and Xagar you would roll 1d6 and the highest number would be the result. The Positioning/Effect is Controlled/Standard. Controlled because this is basically a surprise attack, and Standard effect because you are just trying to surprise them and being lower tier wouldn't affect that.

    If you want more dice, you can Push Yourself, which costs 2 Stress. You can also take a Collateral Die, which is basically you take a negative/complication that I give you in return for an extra die or better positioning/effect. For this situation, if you each want an extra die, the complication is that you draw the Kettle's attention. Remember the Kettle is a scavenger-type mech currently rummaging through the debris in the North of the town. If you agree, you can both have an extra die for this roll.

    Also, if you want to describe your mechs rolling up through the ravaged north end of town to set up, that would be cool. I will post pics of the Kettle and Elephant when I post a response to your rolls.)

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    No point not going Heavy if I'm not going in town. I'd rather save the extra risk for when we're facing something that can fight back.

    webguy20
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Kiku glances at Mentalist.

    'Ok. Stealth mission it is'
    And packs Heavy.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    NipsXagarCheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Still might be useful if you're forced out of your mech for some reason, and since you won't be dealing with civilians/subterfuge really, Heavy might make sense?

  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Lol.

    Geth Roll 2d6

    2d6 5 [2d6=2, 3]

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Don't want to edit a roll post.

    Still trying to build a solid mental picture of my mech but at least as far as locomotion I see that it hovers, and has tentacles. I imagine that the hovering keeps it off the ground, but it uses the tentacles for actual locomotion. I'll need to read up on the actual mechanics of it more. I picture it crawling yet gliding over the rubble, almost like it is underwater.

    Example:
    l99qb28bt9hi.gif

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    discriderCheeselikerNips
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It flies like Tails does, but with more tails.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    That's awesome. But a rough roll, remember 1-3 is failure. Xagar needs to roll 1d6. I will keep the Collateral die option open though. If you accept that the Kettle takes notice of you, you can each roll an extra die.

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited June 24
    Geth, roll 1d6

    EDIT: I am so good at rolling dice

    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

    Xagar on
    discriderCheeselikerwebguy20Nips
Sign In or Register to comment.