[Knights Flying Crown] A Randomly-Generated Beamsaber Mission

124

Posts

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Awesome. Load for mechs works similar as Load for Pilots, though Pilots can change up their load easily between missions where if you declare your mech has something, it costs something to change between missions. So I just need you both to check off what you are using to Bombard. Probably a rack of missiles, a heavy cannon or a directed energy weapon. I will post the set-up of you entering the North of town, you two can tell me how your mech fires upon the Elephant. Don't talk about how much damage it takes, I'll handle that. Oh, also, I forgot. When you are in your vehicle and want to Push Yourself to get extra die/positioning/effect, you 'spend' a quirk, not stress, and describe how the quirk is helping you. Mechanically, if you spend all your quirks, you suffer a Breakdown. We can talk about that if/when it occurs. Once we finish up this initial salvo, I'll set up the engagement roll and roll it, and describe the infiltrator's starting position.)

    Also, webguy, don't forget to update your character sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k_TfzLwwyreZdPk5YlgfPrGvzDgCy2h2Xg_yRfbw3d4/edit?usp=sharing . You should check your vehicle's load, write down the quirks, write down your pilot's belief's, vehicle description, etc. )

    Tom, you roll your Custom Glaive through the run-down and rocky streets of the North end of Hulinton, going around obstacles such as toppled buildings, bombed cars and craters. Rhon, you hover and pull your way through streets, staying low to avoid detection, maneuvering around still-standing buildings and large piles of rubble. You see no civilians, it seems most have made their way into the protected southern end of town, though there remain bodies here or there that have yet to be recovered.

    You both avoid the section of town the Kettle is currently scavenging.
    Kettle:
    EPJaZGxUcAIyn43.png:large


    And find a spot where you can site the Elephant, currently lifting armor plates to attach to the defensive wall, from a fair distance.
    9hep55peamlj.png






    webguy20Xagar
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    A long, rectangular split forms on the smooth back of the Crayfish, and part of its dull crystalline armor raises out vertically, exposing a black cylinder below. It telescopes out to form a barrel almost as long as the vehicle itself, changing angle to gently rest atop a ruined wall.

    The camera shifts to Tom's point of view, his HUD dominated by a wireframe of his target. He places his hands on two joysticks on the outer edges of the cockpit, and slowly tilts them, starting intently at a smaller display labeled "ARMS." A pair of green lights appear, almost at the same time, and he shifts in his seat, leaning back slightly. His hands leave the joysticks, the left one flipping a switch labeled "SAFETY," and the other to a column of now-lit buttons. A green "LOCKED" message appears above his target, and he says "Holdout, in position."

    Nipswebguy20Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (I'm going to begin setting up the infiltration team with the engagement roll. We would call it Deception, as you're using the fake attack to sneak in, in my opinion
    Plain luck: +1d
    Is the mission bold? Splitting up to fire upon what is essentially an active military base meanwhile half your crew attempts to sneak in through sewers? Yes. +1d
    Is the mission especially complex? No
    Does the mission exploit the target's vulnerabilities? Yes, the sewers. +1d
    Is the missions Tactic(stealth) ineffective against the target? No.
    Does the squad receive external support for the mission? Yes, from the Burden. +1d
    Is anyone interfering with the mission? Yes. -1d
    Target higher tier: Yes. -1d.
    +1D for successful distraction.

    3d6! Pretty good! Either of the infiltrators can roll)





  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 26
    Geth roll 3d6 for out of the bedpan and into the fire

    Geth has been hating on me for a while now honestly, so that's the roll I expected

    out of the bedpan and into the fire:
    3d6 6 [3d6=2, 1, 3]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    webguy20Cheeseliker
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    (...not enough facepalms in the world...)
    (Well, that's one way to get us into Desperate position for those sweet, sweet XPs right from the start...)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    webguy20Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (wow. That is...rough. FUN STUFF!)

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (just a note, if I move forward too fast and you wanted to post a set-up or something before it happens, you can still do so, I will attempt to leave things vague to allow for that, or if you really feel you want to do something that would change what I posted, just ask! Nothing is set in stone but I do want to try to move forward so if I feel I waited long enough, aka a couple days, I may just move things forward. By the way, since the engagement involves everyone, the distraction and infiltration team, I am going to say the Desperate position is going to apply to both groups, same with if it had been a good roll, it would've applied. Oh, Thomas, you have a /fine/ heavy cannon so I will even say you get /Great/ effect on the elephant, which adds another tick on it's clock. Clock's determine how difficult obstacles are, successes against them create ticks, when a clock is filled, you've overcome the obstacle.)

    Tom and Rhon, you set up, site in on the elephant lifting heavy plates of armor to attach to the wall, and fire. You watch as your (bullets/missiles/energy beams) slam down onto the Elephant, making it rock and stumble, armor plate falling out of it's grasping crane. Immediately, an alarm begins blaring from the towers on the wall, as well as a flashing red and blue lights. What you didn't notice, is the elephant is so large, it can hold smaller AWV's within it. Two apes activate and leap off onto the ground and head your way immediately through the ruins. You also hear loud smashing and crashing noises to your west, from the direction the Kettle had been, it is certainly bearing down on you, as are the two apes and the elephant itself has picked up a large chunk of rubble, as if to throw it at you.

    You have certainly created a distraction.

    Clocks:
    Elephant [X][X][X][ ][ ][ ]
    Apes+ Kettle[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]


    You are in a desperate position, what do you do?



    Rick and 33, you are passing through the streets in Southern Hulinton. You get suspicious looks, especially from military types as you go, your 'Heavy' load showing you are ready for war. If you spared any time in one place, it's likely you'd be at the least questioned. You pass a cafe where an old man hands a cup of coffee to an armed monk, who thanks him. You make your way to a sewer grate in an alley and wait for the signal. (feel free to have a chat before the action)


    You hear the explosions to the North and the sirens begin going off and figure it's time, you pull the grate and drop into the sewers and make your way toward the target. Unfortunately, the tunnel you need to head down is blocked by a recently-installed gate, with a numpad lock. It seems Meril did not know the full extent of the security down here. You also hear some sloshing and voices just down the corridor and around a corner, from the sounds, it's a patrol of at least 2 soldiers. You hear "Why'd we pull the shit gig this week?" and "Maybe if you hadn't fucked up on kitchen duty..." They will be able to see you in a few moments.

    You are in a desperate position, what do you do?


  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (? Sorry, where is this end of the sewer? I thought it'd be outside the base)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Part of Beamsaber(and FOTD) games, is jumping right into the action, that's what the engagement roll is for. You had the distraction, you had the means to get into Hulinton, you'd done enough pre-engagement work, as professionals, to reasonably get to the sewers. The engagement roll just determines what's your position as we jump into the action. We are jumping into the action as you get to the sewers underneath the Comms tower. Unfortunately the engagement roll puts you into desperate which means theres a locked gate and a patrol about to come around the corner. You could retreat from where you came from, you could attempt to hide, you could try to crack the gate and slip through before the patrol gets here.

    You can also describe making your way through town and getting to this point if you wish, and maybe I jumped too far forward, but i figure the interesting part is what happens in these sewers. )

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (sorry, misread the gate as being at the sewer entrance rather than down in the sewer.)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (ok: we back up to a T junction, throw a distraction down one path, and ambush the patrol from the other path.
    Then we can liberate an access card off the patrol, or otherwise keep the grate open.
    Downside, the soldiers might report in)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ( @Nips although it looks like your character is not built for fighting..)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (well maybe he's the distraction and you're the ambush?)

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (Hmmmm. Sounds like a very good use of talky skills to be honest.
    As a replacement for explody skills)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    (...Looks upthread....Yuuuuuup!)
    (I'll whole-heartedly throw an Assist to you for this plan though, if you've got any skill at all at attempting it!)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ( @Nips the plan is that you could use Sway/Consort to attract the guards past the gate, whilst I then flank them, demolish them, and then keep the gate open. Or retrieve the access pass from their corpses. One or the other)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (So this could be handled a couple different ways. 1 pilot rolls a "set up" action roll to give improved positioning/effect/+1d and then the other rolls the action. So Nips rolls Sway/consort/command and then discrider rolls something. Or you both do a teamwork roll with 1 leader, and both rolling the same action, maybe Prowess to ambush together? Or, as nips says, they can spend 1 stress to give discrider +1d/positioning/effect on their Ambush roll with some action. )

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (well, I'd be attempting to Fight after the Mentalist gets them within melee range at the intersection)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    (Alright, I'm going to go with the "Talk Their Vision Cones Away From 33" plan as a setup action (couldn't find it in the free rules?) using Sway, then 33 can Struggle them to death [or whatever ;)])

    As the guards get near their position, Mentalist walks out from around the corner with a bearing and manner similar to the guards. "Fuck, you guys too? Why did command decide to put so many of us down here, when we can clearly hear shit's going down across town?"

    (Mentalist is going to bullshit them into thinking she's a new hire that command also put on sewer guard, and get their attention on her juuuuuust enough for 33 to do the dirty work.)

    Assuming Desperate/Standard:
    Geth, roll 3d6 for Sway (Bamboozle The Guards)
    {Holy Effing Shatballs! Assuming I get whatever I want here, let's give discrider +1d}

    Sway (Bamboozle The Guards):
    3d6 17 [3d6=6, 5, 6]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    discrider
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    33 steels herself, as she pulls her blade to the ready.
    Her heart rate quickens as she tries to not contemplate what she is about to do.
    But then..

    'Haha won't fight will you? What's the matter, can't wiggle out of your cell?'
    The slack-jawed convict leans over her, taunting.
    'Maybe next time, you'll show the boss sum respect! If she wants your food you give it to her, not play keep aways! Ain't no-one going to eat mushy pie.'

    The Mentalist's voice echoes back down the passage.
    'If you guys are headed back out again, then I'll see you back at the showers!'
    There's an electronic beep as a grate is opened, but no 'clack' of it closing follows.
    'This is ridiculous', mutters a voice closing on the intersection, 'why do we need so many down here to watch the rats?'.

    33 grits her teeth as the brute lifts a boot.
    'Course, maybe that's about to change.
    Soon be all you can eat.'

    A soldier steps into the junction.
    'Oh boys...', the Mentalist taunts, and the soldier looks back down the tunnel.

    33 explodes into the confused group.

    (33 has two ranks of struggle, a fine melee weapon, the +1d from the Mentalist and will also be pushing herself, so that's like 5d I think.
    @cheeseliker just checking that's correct)

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    NipsCheeseliker
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    (The Crayfish's main cannon fires a kinetic projectile.)

    Tom grimaces as he sees new blips appear on his HUD, and punches a button. From the dark underside of the secured vehicle, a small tracked drone drops out, bristling with two drums of rockets. It quickly drives inside another ruined building, waiting to ambush the smaller mechs should they take the straightest route towards him.

    "I'm going to stay on the Elephant," he says into his mic.

    (help me out here with what I should roll, both of them?)

    Xagar on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (I couldn't find info about the set up roll in the rules either, though it shows up in a couple examples of play, I will just go with how it is in Blades in the Dark. Since you got a crit, discrider will get +1 effect up to Standard(since these guys are higher tier than you, it would normally be limited) and +1d. so the roll will be 3d6 Desperate/Standard. )

    The two guards stop, one of them turning a flashlight on you briefly. "Shit, you too?" one says. Both are young-ish, one has brown hair, the other blond, likely new recruits from Hulinton. "They didn't say anyone else was going to be down here," the other said. The brown-haired one shakes his head. "They never tell us anything. Name's Theodore, this is Kay. You got a smoke?"

    They are very distracted and not paying attention to their surroundings whatsoever, 33, giving you ample opportunity.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (It looks like Soldier can carry a fine melee weapon, and the fine qualifier adds +1d as well?)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    (wait no, it's improved Effect + the other improved Effect from my ability when pushing myself)

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    (I guess this is what makes these style of games difficult on forums, haha. Also we're posting at the same time which makes it a tad confusing.

    @discrider Alright. To start off, you would roll 2d6 desperate/limited. The fine weapon gives you +effect so the roll is 2d6 desperate/standard. Nips gives you 2 bonuses for Critting the Set Up roll. That can be +1d, +positioning, or +effect. Pushing yourself can either give you +1d, effect or position, but you have the bonus from your ability so you get +1d or +positioning AND +effect. If you push up your positioning, the possible consequences are lighter and easier to deal with. If you bump up effect, better things happen, etc. Just reminder, positioning goes desperate/risky/controlled and effect goes limited/standard/great.)

    Cheeseliker on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    @Xagar You can just roll Bombard again if you're firing on the elephant. The roll would be desperate/limited. You can Push Yourself for 2 stress to gain die/positioning/effect. Also, @webguy20 could spend 1 stress to assist and give you +1d or +positioning or +effect.

    Cheeseliker on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Also edited my posts because I mixed up positioning and effect, whoops!)

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (If you go through with your previous plan, 2 ranks, +1D from Mentalist and Pushing Yourself, using fine melee weapon, you'd end up with....4d6 Desperate/Great+ or 4d6 Risky/Great. Keeping it desperate gives you an XP for the roll, but Risky has less lethal consequences.)

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    (Found the rule in the book:
    SETUP When you make a setup action, you are weakening an obstacle or empowering an ally. With a success, any squadmates that follow through on your action have improved Position or increased Effect. You choose the benefit based on the nature of your ploy.

    So I think Neb's distraction doesn't give a +1d(sorry), I guess because then it would be the same as simply Assisting. So the roll would be 3d6 Controlled Great. Really, the best situation you can be, haha. )

    Cheeseliker on
    Nips
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    (Alright, I will push for 2 Stress to change the effect of a second bombard to standard.)

    I still have plenty of tricks up my sleeve for when they close. Stay cool. Don't think about what's happening in the sewers. Stay cool. Stay cool...

    Geth, roll 1d6

    EDIT: The shot impacts cleanly, and Tom exhales heavily. Just like the sims, right?

    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

    Xagar on
    CheeselikerNips
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (Pushing in a Mech activates a Quirk rather than using Stress)

    Geth roll 3d6 for I'm sorry for presuming your bloodlust Geth

    I'm sorry for presuming your bloodlust Geth:
    3d6 10 [3d6=4, 1, 5]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited June 29
    (Oh that's right @Xagar, you spend a quirk so you have to say which quirk is helping you perform this action?)

    @Nips @discrider
    33 takes out the two guards with impressive efficiency (feel free to describe how this goes down, Great success means they're knocked out or killed, your choice.) You notice their uniforms and their walkie-talkies. You could conceivably wear those uniforms...You also find one of them has a key card for the gate. You do suspect that they are likely supposed to radio in at some point.

    (Controlled consequence for Mixed Success: Alert Clock [x][ ][ ][ ]. When/if it hits four, the alarms go off, alerting those in the security room. This is a consequence you can Resist. Briefly, resisting as a Pilot means using one of your attributes, Insight, Prowess or Resolve in order to negate the consequence. You roll the appropriate attribute, and take stress = 6-highest number rolled. How would you resist this? One way would be to radio in as these guys to say everything is fine, I would call that Insight. )

    Through the gate, you could go down the tunnel that leads right underneath the grate outside the comms tower. You do know there is a camera pointing down that tunnel, however. Luckily, you've improved your position at this point to Risky, no longer desperate. What do you do?

    @Xagar @webguy20

    Tom, you fire another kinetic projectile that blasts into the elephant's side, rocking it. It drops the piece of debris it was going to throw and it stumbles, parts of it falling off. It is still functioning however, ripping up an abandoned car and throwing it in your direction. It goes wide, smashing into a three-story building, sending rubble flying, but this large AWV is still dangerous. (Even a limited success will take out the elephant at this point)

    Clocks:
    Elephant [X][X][X][X][X][ ]
    Apes+ Kettle[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

    Ape:
    Beamsaber_Ape_HiRes_shrunk.png

    The two apes are closing in, your drone is at the ready. What do you do?

    Rhon, you hear the kettle, which seems to be closing in on your location but you can't see it due to your mech's size and the few buildings remaining in the area. What do you do?

    (Anyone whose made an Desperate Action roll so far gets 1xp per roll. I believe that's Xagar, Webguy20, and Nips. Sorry discrider, you'll get your chance!)

    Cheeseliker on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (Heh, that's not an Ape mech; my quadrapedal mech with hands is an Ape mech :P)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    33 flows like water.
    'Block. Counterattack.', her instructor states flatly. 'Reset. Elbows up.'

    The men barely see her coming.

    Barely breathing, 33 flourishes her blade.

    'Hah.'

    'And I was half worried that this was all for show.'

    She glances around before wiping the blade half heartedly on a dead man's standard trousers.
    The blade itself was untested, having been won at the academy for swordsmanship.
    Kiku was more used to using a training stick, and was only trained for self-defense.
    Well, was trained for only self-defense.

    She quickly lifts the grate's keycard from one of the bodies, before tossing one man's radio to the Mentalist.

    'So what do you think,', she smiles weakly, rakishly putting a man's hat on her head, 'Makeover?'

    '.. we have to get past that camera. And putting on this livery should at least help us pass.
    Unless we want to take our chances destroying the thing.
    Might help us blend in on the base too.'

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    Cheeseliker
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    (I thought you could choose Stress or a Quirk. I guess I will use Military Workhorse.)

    EDIT: Assuming both Apes are going for me, I'd like to leave my position, and try to lead the Apes into Dice and my drone.

    Xagar on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Can Ron position himself and his mech, back up against building and wait for the kettle to go by, hoping to score a shot from behind?

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mentalist gives the BDUs of the two soldiers a once over, making sure 33 didn't make it too obvious they were perforated repeatedly. Once she's satisfied, she looks up at her knife-wielding companion.

    "I mean it's not exactly high fashion, but right now it's more about dressing for the occasion. Let's fit up best we can, and get inside that compound."

    Mentalist starts stripping the guards, keeping an ear on the shortwave radio in case the base commanders call in again.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    A voice comes over the walkie-talkies. "Ted, Kay, report."

    (Here's chance to Resist. Without resisting, you still give an acceptable answer but they're a little suspicious, thus the tick on the clock. If you Resist, you completely convince them everything is fine.)

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited June 30
    Mentalist grabs the talkie, and doing her best mimic impression reports a terse and obviously disgruntled "All clear".

    (I wouldn't think I'd bother with just the first clock tick like this normally, but today I wanna flex those rules & rolls.)

    Geth, roll 2d6 to Resist with Resolve
    (6-5, I take 1 Stress)

    to Resist with Resolve:
    2d6 8 [2d6=5, 3]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeselikerdiscrider
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    "Affirmative" the response comes back, no suspicion that you can tell. You make your way through the gate and down the tunnel, until your underneath the comms tower. You climb up and emerge behind the Comms tower. You can see the flashlights of soldiers patrolling the fenced perimeter, 50 feet away, but none of noticed you.

    The same voice comes over the walkie. "Uh, Ted, Kay, this is not part of your patrol route, please report."


Sign In or Register to comment.