[Knights Flying Crown] A Randomly-Generated Beamsaber Mission

1235

Posts

  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    My mech is backed up to a fallen complex, hearing the kettle approach he settles the levitation to its lowest setting, trying to disappear into the rubble, quietly deploying a mech sized assault rifle (I'm imaging like a rifle that shoots tank rounds here) and uses some rubble in front of him to stabilize the barrel. Hoping the Kettle is after his teammate, he waits for them to appear, go by and then takes the shot.

    Geth roll 2d6

    2d6 7 [2d6=6, 1]

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    NipsCheeselikerXagar
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 4
    33 hisses at the Mentalist.
    "Tell em that unless they're scared of the rats arming up and liberating the overworld in the next ten minutes, we're better off staying top side"

    33 starts looking around for an entrance to the tower.

    (Happy to take a stress to assist the Mentalist with this (1d))

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Cheeseliker
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 6
    Mentalist, keeping her voice low as to not attract audible attention, glances a raised eyebrow at 33 then spits into the talkie:

    "Understood, pursuing potential murinae-class contacts, will report in with findings shortly."

    Rolling Sway on Risky/Standard, taking 33's assist for +1d:
    Geth roll 4d6 for Rat-Based Plausible Deniability

    Rat-Based Plausible Deniability:
    4d6 14 [4d6=3, 5, 2, 4]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited July 8



    "Very well, just be quick. The events to the North may only be a distraction, we can't let our guard down."

    (5=Succeed with Consequence. Consequence= 1 tick on Alert [X][ ][ ][ ], and you have a short time before they become more suspicious. Feel free to resist either or both)

    You've both emerged from the sewer grate, behind the Comm's tower. There are windows with metal bars over them and you stay low so as not to be seen. There's also a back door that looks like it would require key card access to enter.

    What do you do?

    Cheeseliker on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (test)

    geth roll 4d6k1 test

    test:
    4d6k1 6 [4d6k1=[6], 6, 6, 6]

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (test 2)

    geth roll 3d6k1 test2

    test2:
    3d6k1 4 [3d6k1=[4], 3, 1]

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Getting rid of DMs luck drain
    Geth roll 4d6l1 tset

    tset:
    4d6l1 2 [4d6l1=[2], 3, 4, 5]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited July 8
    (webguy, take XP for desperate action.)

    Holdout leaves his position and wheels his way through the debris, leading the Apes into the same area the Kettle emerges into. None of the AWV's notice Dice and focus on Holdout, leaving them open to Dice firing his MECH-ASSAULT-RIFLE, spitting a spray of mech-sized bullets into all 3 AWV's. The surprise attack leaves the enemy AWV's disturbed, the two apes turning to face Dice, the Kettle continuing to chase Holdout.

    What do you do?

    Clocks:
    Elephant [X][X][X][X][X][ ]
    Apes+ Kettle[X][X][ ][ ][ ][ ]

    Cheeseliker on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Resisting the 'getting more suspicious soon' consequence with resoluteness in moving quickly.

    Geth roll 2d6k1

    2d6k1 5 [2d6k1=[5], 2]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    33 fiddles with the electronic lock.

    "Looks to be different to the one in the sewer.", she mutters.
    Aware of the guards, she steps back from the door, patting herself down.
    "You got the key?", she states to the Mentalist, not expecting an answer, "Wait, no here it is."
    She palms a small chipboard, and wires it into the console.

    "You might want to avert your eyes", 33 whispers, extracting a long lead from the bundle, "I'm about to avert mine, and it can get a bit squeamish"
    Flicking her right eye up and to the right, she pushes the lead into a port near the tear duct.

    33 blinks as the lock unfolds around her.
    Should really get the wireless kit for this, she thinks, as she reaches out into the lock with spindly arms of light.

    (Taking the collateral dice, not pushing, switching this to Desperate/Standard to unlock the door quickly)
    Geth roll 2d6k1 for hacking

    hacking:
    2d6k1 3 [2d6k1=[3], 2]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Cheeseliker
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    yay
    geth roll 1d6 for a 6
    :shrug: 4 would still be a desperate consequence but not a failure

    a 6:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 10
    33 curses as the inside of the lock starts to move in a non-Euclidean manner.
    She quickly pushes a gaily coloured smiley face on the circuit board.

    Her avatar shouts out into the cyberstorm, "Duri, in need of an assist here".
    (Figure it's this, or 33 rips some bars off some windows)

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (And @Xagar I'm changing the belief you picked for me to "Your character has my back" as I'm not sure I can have the Envoy and you on a fitness training regimen, and we both have a criminal opening..)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited July 14
    (Result from resistance: take 1 stress. Alert clock reset to 0)


    Meanwhile, one of the patrolling soldier's flashlights land on the two of you by the door and they begin walking over. "Hey, wait a second, shouldn't you be down in the sewers?"

    (Desperate Failure Consequence: Alert Clock [x][x][x][ ] -Resisting would knock it down by 1 tick to [x][x][ ][ ]. )

    Cheeseliker on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (Duri is the hacker we brought on the mission with us, currently spamming the comms)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited July 14
    (Technically, Duri was the connection to The Burden independent squad, who has a pirate-tech who is spamming comms with heavy metal rock. Sorry that was a bit confused, Duri is "an idealistic servant", so in my mind, they serve, maybe, some DFS noble while secretly being part of The Burden whose whole deal is getting off-worlders off their world. Nips let me know if that sounds right to you, being your contact and all. The DFS connection makes sense to me but you get final say about them.

    I'm deciding the pirate tech's name is Beryl (they,them) since we never really established them, my bad.)

    Beryl sits just outside the city up on the mountain range to the west to get a good signal, sitting in their Light Mech they call "The Jolly Roger", equipped with a long-range transmitter which they are currently using to blast heavy metal rock music over Hulinton's communications.

    They get the message and respond, "33, Affirmative, let me see what I can do, gonna need a minute." Their avatar, a literal pixelated pirate shows up in 33's AR and begins working on the lock.



    Cheeseliker on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 15
    [I'm fine with my hook to Duri and the Burden being leveraged by the squad; I imagine after I set things up with Duri he put me in touch with Beryl, and they've been half-monitoring the op from afar in case we needed them.]
    [I'll also say that calling her in actively like this will likely cost a bit extra once it's all said and done. I'm envisioning that the original deal with the Burden probably didn't involve direct involvement, but with a rider clause in case we needed to call in more (digital, remote) hands-on help.]

    [What I'm saying is, it's probably coming out of 33's cut. :P ]


    Mentalist turns quickly and interposes herself between the patrolling guard and 33, doing her best to fast-talk the guy and take his attention off of 33.

    "Yeah, like I called up to command, there were enough guys down in the one sewer line already, and we caught tail of a contact leading up here. We lost it coming out of the sewers, so we're just checking the door to make sure nothing slipped by."

    Geth, roll 2d6 to Resist (Alert Consequence) with Resolve
    (6-5, I take 1 Stress. Again.)

    to Resist (Alert Consequence) with Resolve:
    2d6 9 [2d6=4, 5]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (take 1 stress, also Beryl is they, them pronouns)

    The soldier shines the flashlight in your eyes briefly. "You talked to command? Alright, then." The soldier moves off.

    (alert: [x][x][ ][ ])

    The lock gives a beep and unlocks. The pirate avatar disappears. "You owe me one," Beryl says.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 15
    33 hisses as she jacks out.
    'Wish I hadn't needed to do that', she mutters under her breath.
    Rolling her eyes tentatively, she beckons at the Mentalist.
    "Let's get this sweep done", she states flatly, as they enter.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 15
    Mentalist nods, and cracks the door. When she sees any amount of clear space and a large-but-inconspicuous-enough object to linger behind, she follows 33 in.

    [Fixed Beryl's pronouns. Whoops, my bad!]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited July 15
    33 and Mentalist, you slide through the open door into a dim storage room. Shelves contain old cardboard boxes. The Cult of Earth Found have adapted an old radio station, so a quick glance shows the boxes are filled with files and physical music data. The only light comes from the open doorway across the room.

    You hear voices through the doorway, sounds like a handful of communications operatives perhaps. You find it easy to move among the bookshelves quietly, focusing on the voices until...

    33, you feel the cold hard metal of a barrel pressed against the back of your skull. "Well, Kiku," Alix gives a soft chuckle. You can feel his fucking smirk even if you can't see it. "Didn't expect to see you here. Didn't expect you to get out of that prison to be honest."


    (Rivals can inflict consequences at ANY time, up to (# of pilots = 4) times per mission. Alix is putting you in desperate position which either you can resist with Prowess. Because he's inflicting a consequence, that does tick a check on your Connection Clock with Alix. If you put a tick on the Challenge Clock and it fills, you will get another tick on the Connection Clock.

    A Challenge Clock starts when a Rival shows up: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

    Just a reminder: Alix wronged you in some way. Did he put you in prison?)

    Cheeseliker on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    33 growls.
    "She didn't"

    Geth roll 3d6k1 for throwing this chucklehead through a wall

    throwing this chucklehead through a wall:
    3d6k1 5 [3d6k1=[5], 3, 3]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    (Desperate/Great)

    With a burst of speed 33's sword is at Alix's neck and her shoulder in his chest, as she swings her aggressor at a nearby wall but hard.

    It's only after the man is full in flight that there's a flicker of comprehension.
    'So you're the reason the soldiers knew who was piloting my mech!'

    When the draft came down, the soldiers scoured the land for all fit and able bodies. Normally Kiku's status as the future successor of a factory other should have been enough to save her, but still they found her and stripped her of her mech.
    This was in spite of the empty factory that housed it, and the careful mothballing of the mech that had been done as soon as the first whiff of the draft came through.

    But no.
    Here is her bionics doc.
    The one person who knew of the extent of her neural interfaces.
    Mouthing off about her stint in the slammer.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Desperate Consequence: I'm going to do 1 Risky consequence and 1 Controlled Consequence.

    Risky: Alert clock ticks up by 2
    Alert: [x][x][x][x]
    Controlled: Reduce level of effect by 1, down to Standard(2 ticks)

    Alix [x][x][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

    Let me know if you want to resist either or both. Resisting both would take 2 resistance rolls. Also, not sure how you're going to stop that alarm after throwing a dude through a wall but I'm open to suggestions!

    I will narrate a post after we decide resistance)

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular

    Meanwhile, in the northern part of the city

    Loud sirens have been going off from towers on the wall and the wounded Elephant has retreated. In the distance, over the city, a large form can be seen flying over the buildings from large rocket boosters.

    It's clear, a new threat is incoming.

    Reinforcements Arrive [x][ ][ ][ ]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited July 20
    Tom speaks into his comm, "Dice, the diversion is working. Time for a change in tactics, we can't get overwhelmed here." His hand reaches down to the drone's control panel, and a light goes green as it fires...

    Geth, roll 2d6l1

    (we hardly knew ye mr. drone, rest well and angels sing thee sweetly etc)

    2d6l1 1 [2d6l1=[1], 5]

    Xagar on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited July 20
    (oh no, no dots in Battle? Ouch)

    Cheeseliker on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Alix slams into the wall and bursts through the cheap prefabricated particle board. There are shouts from outside and light flashes through the new hole as the soldiers outside start running to investigate.

    There's also confused low voices from the comms room. Someone steps up to the doorway and flicks on the light for the storeroom, bathing it in flourescence. The figure is a man in a uniform, unarmed, short-cropped hair and glasses. He sees the hole and the two of you in soldier-garb. "What the hell?"

    A throwing knife comes through the hole in the wall, slicing 33 across the arm. (Rival Move, inflict consequence: level 1 Harm, sliced. Can resist with prowess)

    What do you do?


    (I'm going to say your position up until this point improved to Risky.

    2 controlled consequences = Put you back into Desperate.

    Reinforcements clock ticks up by 1 [x][x][ ][ ])

    Tom, while focused on maneuvering your drones, The Kettle moves with surprising speed, slamming your mech up against a building and clamping down with it's pincers. You're unable to control your drones, and are just managing to keep from being crunched, which will cause significant damage to your mech. You're in a Desperate Position, What do you do?


  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    (Spending my Blinding Boosters quirk for an extra die on Maneuver to escape and retreat!)

    From below the carapace of the Crayfish, bright white jets flare, pushing back against the Kettle's pincers...

    Geth, roll 2d10k1

    2d10k1 9 [2d10k1=[9], 7]

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited July 22
    Haha wait those were the wrong dice.

    @Cheeseliker What's the Risky consequence this time? I should review the resist rules

    Geth, roll 2d6k1

    2d6k1 5 [2d6k1=[5], 4]

    Xagar on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »
    Haha wait those were the wrong dice.

    Cheeseliker What's the Risky consequence this time? I should review the resist rules

    Geth, roll 2d6k1

    Resisting uses an amount of d equal to the number of trained skills in the relevant category.
    And then you take stress equal to 6 - the highest die you rolled, unless you crit, in which case you gain a stress instead.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 24
    33 shouts at the man entering the room, eyes glinting in her chemical ravaged visage.

    "Soldier, contact! Male, all in black, covered in plaster"

    The knife zips through the loose fabric above 33's elbow.

    "Shit. Knives!"

    33 clasps the wound as she produces the uniform owner's gun, and slides it to the man.

    "Stay down. Take cover. Reinforcements are on the way."

    33 nods at the Mentalist.

    "Need you to patch me up in the next room."
    "Cover us as we get out."

    Geth roll 2#2d6k1 for Target Alix and Hobble out

    Target Alix and Hobble out:
    2#2d6k1 2 # 6 [2d6k1=[6], 2] 6 [2d6k1=[6], 4]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 24
    33 whispers to the Mentalist as they get through the door, "Let's just get these charges planted and blow this joint"

    (I've also added a Drive tick to Make the enemy remember my name, for throwing Alix through a wall after he got my name wrong; it's 33. Kiku is for peacetime)

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Alix [x][x][x][x][ ][ ][ ][ ])

    So the doorway leads into the comms room which still has a handful of people but I'm going to let those 2 6's ride and get you what you want.)

    "Yes ma'am!" the man says, sliding behind a shelf of old records and taking the gun, fully following your commands.

    Mentalist, you help 33 through the doorway into the communications room, which still has 4 or 5 people. 33, you bark commands about the contact in the previous room, while the officers open a locked panel filled with guns and arm themselves. A woman directs you down the hall to another doorway that leads into a staff lounge-type space, with a mini-kitchen, couches, etc.

    You hear sounds of yelling outside, but you close the door and are alone for the moment.

    33, you begin to feel woozy, your vision grows fuzzy and darkness creeps at the edge.

    (Rival move: Inflict consequence, Take Harm level 2: Poisoned )




    Tom, you fire your boosters, an explosion of bright light in the darkness of the night, pushing back against the pincers and pulling free. The pincers pull at bits of your mech as you leap into the air (level 1 damage: Ripped) and land on the top of a nearby still-standing building.

    Being on the building gives you a great view as something else blindingly white, comes shooting across the sky, bigger and bigger. It flies up and then comes crashing down, landing, one knee down, as if bowing for a moment before standing fully.

    zoh45hypq5jc.png

    It's huge, towering over the Apes and is larger than your own mech.

    "Surrender," a voice booms out.

    What do you do?


  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 28
    Geth roll 2d6k1 for not keeling over

    I keel over. Thanks Geth
    (Ignoring this; stimpack counteracts this, and the -1d penalty isn't on all rolls)

    not keeling over:
    2d6k1 2 [2d6k1=[2], 1]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    33 hobbles over to the staff sink before removing the torn sleeve of 'her' uniform.
    She draws her breath in as she runs the wound under the tap.

    "I'm.. I'm not feeling so great.", she confesses to the Mentalist, "Something wrong with the knife"
    She binds the arm with the remnants of the sleeve.
    "Might have to start your strength training", she laughs, sweat starting to bead on her forehead, "Might have to carry me out"
    "Although...", she fingers the infuser command equipped her with. Like more chemicals are going to help.

    "Let's get this done", she says weakly, as she rips the fire escape plan off the staff corkboard.
    "How are we placing these explosives?"

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Cheeseliker
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    "Alright, if the information I was given was right, we'll just need to plant these explosives on a couple of load-bearing supports..."

    [FLASHBACK TIME!]

    Mentalist fingers the keys on her terminal pad, plying the grey-network chat channels to find someone that can point her directly to what she wants to know: how to quickly and efficiently blow the legs out from under a building. Ping after useless ping she's rebuffed by scan-boys and data-jocks that are more style than substance. Ping after ping she keeps chatting up the comms, dropping a key phrase here or there signalling to the maestros in the masses at their own terminals what she's after: a person close enough to the construction of the site, that would know its weak points.

    [I'm trying to get the info on where to plant these explosives, Sway-ing my way through the crowds of online chatters. @Cheeseliker hit me with the deets on the roll, and the Flashback stress cost!]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited July 29
    (0 stress. controlled/standard)

    Cheeseliker on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mentalist hums to herself. "Here's a lead..."

    Geth, roll 3d6 for Sway (Controlled/Standard)

    Sway (Controlled/Standard):
    3d6 7 [3d6=1, 2, 4]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited July 29
    Mentalist, you find someone with reasonable knowledge and expertise. They give you a rough idea, a series of basic building blueprints with scans on them showing ideal places to blow, etc. They don't give a name or identifying information but you gather they're some kind of anti-offworlder anarchist type.
    You bring up the blueprints and go through them, trying to identify decent places to blow. You figure with a building as small as this one, you only need to plant a few explosives on each wall in this centrally-located room you're currently in and that would be enough to bring it down.

    Unfortunately, it does take some time and the fierce fighting outside has died down. Someone is going to check in on you before too long.

    (Someone comes [x][ ][ ][ ]. Could resist with Insight)


    Tom, you can no longer see Dice, it seems they've retreated.

    The knight raises it's sword. "Kneel before the Faithful!" It's voice booms.

    Cheeseliker on
Sign In or Register to comment.