As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Knights Flying Crown] A Randomly-Generated Beamsaber Mission

1234689

Posts

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Mentalist quickly notes the room they're in, and scanning the room emits a quiet "Huh. Well that's lucky." She then waves 33 to the nearby walls. "We just need to mine the walls in here, and if the info I got was close to right the whole place will crumple after these supports are blown."

    She quickens her pace. "We need to move though, we're running out of time and space here."

    [Resisting "Someone Comes" consequence with Insight]
    [6-2=4 Stress. Oof.]

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Picking Up The Pace (Resist with Insight)

    [At this point, I'll also mark Placed Explosives on my loadout, to start...placing explosives. Any roll required?]

    Picking Up The Pace (Resist with Insight):
    2d6 3 [2d6=2, 1]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    With Mentalist's prep and 33's assistance, the explosives are placed quickly and efficiently, but you can tell the action outside is dying down.

    (Someone comes [x][ ][ ][ ])

    Do attempt to hide the explosives? (Finesse, Controlled, Standard)
    and
    How are you getting out?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    33 eyes the charges, making sure they're all over the appropriate load points.

    "I think we're done here."
    She gestures back at the fire plan.
    "Now, I figure there are two ways back to the sewer.
    Either we go around the guys we left back with Alix, or we go over the top.
    Now going around, we should be able to break out through to the sewer without needing to walk all the way back to that back entrance, but it'll be noisy. Fast though.
    Or we can go upstairs and attempt to come down the outside. But that's slower and I don't know if you'll..", 33 hesistates, and then impotently waggles her injured arm, "we'll be able to handle the climb easily."

    33 chuckles.
    "Either way, this'll be good cardio for you."

    "If you have other options you want to try, we could attempt something less direct.
    But the quicker we get out, the shorter fuse we can put on these things, and the less likely we'll have to come back."

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Tom puts on his best generic hero voice and broadcasts "The Jovangellion Empire will never fall! You may have defeated us this day, but we will be back! Long live the Empress!"

    Rubble sprays from the back wheels of the Crayfish as he spins it around, threading a course through the ruined streets at high speed. He flips a switch labeled "Shields," and a thin barrier of golden hexagons appears, tightly wrapped around the vehicle.

    (Pushing with Light-Footed for an extra die on Maneuver)
    Geth, roll 2d6k1

    2d6k1 6 [2d6k1=[6], 2]

    CheeselikerNipsdiscrider
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mentalist nods, then pulls the balaclava up over her mouth. "I vote fast, out and around. And if our luck breaks bad, maybe they haven't made us yet and I can still try to talk our way out. Maybe feign your injury is worse than it is, get you to a hospital, yadda yadda. Let's go."

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    33 nods, and finishes arming the charges.
    Direct line route, small amount of time for dealing with inconveniences, and a good way clear down the pipe should do it.
    , she thinks, adjusting the timing.

    There's an ominous beep as 33 arms the explosives.

    'Ok, lets hustle. Keep behind me, and', she hisses as she injects a noxious liquid into her arm, '.. and.. don't slow down.'

    33 starts breathing heavily as she pulls a collapsible tube from her backpack.
    'And you might want to get down.'
    There's a hefty SHUNK as a gaudy 'Plan B' is loaded into the tube.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mentalist eyes the boom-tube, then quickly scans her structural notes. A lone bead of sweat rolls down her forehead behind her mask.

    Finally, she points to a precise section of wall while taking a couple steps back. "Land it right there for maximum Exit Hole Production."

    [Aiding, spending 1 Stress. 7 Total]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    33 nods and aims.

    Geth roll 2d6 for Kaboom

    Kaboom:
    2d6 2 [2d6=1, 1]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Nips
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    33, before you fire, you feel adrenaline coursing through your body as the drugs begin working immediately. Your vision blurs once more, before becoming clear. The only sound you hear is your own heart pumping, faster and faster. You can feel it in your eardrums, thump, thump, thump. There is an almost overpowering urge to destroy. You aim at the wall, trying to remain steady but your hands are shaking as you fire.

    There's a second of silence, immediately followed by a WHUMP! and the wall explodes outwards. Chunks of the wall goes flying and smoke fills the room. There are shouts outside. Tons of chatter over the radio, shouts from the store room in the comms building, but for both of you, your ears are ringing and everything sounds just a bit muffled.

    There is a hole in the wall but you've undoubtedly drawn attention.

    Can you make it to the sewer grate before the soldiers get to you?

    33, you hear the shouts from outside and you don't even want to leave anymore. You just want to kill.

    (33, you could roll Struggle to attack the soldiers outside. Because you've taken the Stimpack, I would give you Controlled, Great. You're moving faster than they are, they're confused from everything going on, etc. A success would mean taking out the ones that may be in the way of escaping. The only problem is, I don't see 33 leaving unless you resist the "Destroy Everything" consequence from the stimpack...The other option is 33 stays behind fighting and gets captured while Mentalist escapes. I do want to stress that getting captured is perfectly valid. There is no "fail" or "endgame" or anything like that. The story would continue. Maybe the next job would be breaking 33 out!

    Another option, is we go the previously mentioned Mentalist talks your way out technique. You claim the explosion must've been another attack or something. The only thing is, again, 33 would need to resist "Cannot discern friend from foe" consequence or else how would she know she should listen and do as Mentalist says?

    I also want to say taking a Scar is not a terrible thing. It does not permanently hinder your character. It's basically an XP-trigger that you, the player, can use as much as you want in later missions if you decide "oh this scar would make so-and-so act this way." It also doesn't have to be something 'new' that happened just on this mission. Yes, the stress from the mission may have triggered it, but narratively, it could be something your character has been dealing with for a long time. Every one of your characters has a tragedy in their background so it's likely you all already have scars, fictionally.

    Just wanted to throw that out there. )




    Tom, you roll through the city, twisting and turning down streets and alleys.

    The knight leaps from rooftop to rooftop, attempting to keep up, firing at you. Bullets slam into concrete behind you, or bounces off your shield, but it's hard to gain ground from such a large mech with boosters, leaping over the city...that is until it lands on a roof that cannot hold it's weight. The roof collapses underneath it and it falls out of sight behind you.

    You escape.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    There's a hiss as smoke emanates from the crater that was a wall.
    The general hubbub quietens for a second as the soldiers process this, before another much more deadly grenade arcs from the cloud towards the nearest cluster of enemies.

    33 has had enough.
    She is getting out, and blowing everything up whilst doing so.

    Her third grenade is already primed as she starts screaming.
    "FUCK YOU ALIX!", the last munition sailing towards the corner near where Alix was forcefully liberated from the building, "ITS 33. YOU DON'T GET TO USE MY NAME"
    There were probably some enemy soldiers there. It was busy before.

    The sewer grate.
    33 unsheathes her sword and quickly levers the lid open.
    Her feet barely touching the rungs, she slides down into the darkness breathing heavily.
    Stepping a couple of steps back, she dares anyone to come follow her.
    Struggling to maintain her composure, she waits for the detonation.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Cheeseliker
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mentalist trails only a few steps behind, fiddling with an object in a belt pouch...

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    The outside of the comms building seemingly becomes a battlefield, explosions, screams, guns firing into smoke.

    The soldiers outside had nearly had the situation under control. The one attacker had given themselves up and was being taken into custody when everything went to hell. An explosion in the side of the building, smoke pouring out, more explosions. The soldiers scattered, taking cover where ever they could, calling for backup on the radio which only seemed to play heavy metal music.

    33 hurtles outside, whips the grate off and slides down into the darkness.

    Mentalist follows...climbing down the grate after her...

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mentalist hollers forward to 33, only a few strides ahead.

    "Eyes ahead, 33! We just need to keep moving, then we're clear of this job and onto the payday!"

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "I ain't coming out", 33 spits at the jailor.
    "You want me to move, you'll have to make me"

    She brings her arms up ready in defiance.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    "Whoa, okay soldier. At ease. There's no threat here."

    Mentalist wracks her brain, and tries her best to get a thorough read on 33's bearing and concoct a scenario that'll jive and keep them moving.

    "You were caught behind enemy lines, and I was sent in to exfiltrate you. We're already out of the jail, we just need to follow these tunnels away from the opposition's stronghold. If we keep moving, we stay safe from recapture."

    Another bead of sweat rolls down Mentalist's brow behind her mask.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    33's eyes narrow.
    "No idea what you're on about"

    The jailor hasn't moved from her cell entrance.
    So it doesn't seem like she has a high chance of being dragged out any time soon.

    33 sizes up the guard.
    They'd probably need more than just her to move her anyway.

    "If you're done gawking, you can go tell 'er to go get stuffed.
    I ain't letting anyone pick me another cellmate, and she can go join her crony in the gutter."

    There's a flicker in her eyes.
    She never did get another cellmate.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mentalist pulls the mask off her face. If 33 doesn't recognize her behind it, maybe it's served beyond its usefulness.

    "C'mon, 33! Look me in the eyes, and think it through. We were on a mission, we got into the compound, that merc Alix jumped us, and then several explosions later we got here. But we're not clear yet, and need to get out before the remaining guard force catches up."

    The envoy pulls a small handheld canister out of her back belt pouch, holding it behind her while her other hand is outstretched in a pantomiming plea.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular

    Tom, you manage to get out of the ruins of North Hulinton and headed on the road back to Journey City without anyone following. You don't see your companion but the plan was to retreat and meet back at the FOB, so that's what you do.

    -

    You pull into the abandoned amusement park about halfway on the road between Hulinton and Journey City, mostly rubble, a few still-standing rusty rides, along with your facilities lying hidden underground. None of your comrades are back yet. What do you do?

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mentalist edges forward slightly, just outside of swinging distance.

    "Alright then, 33. If you're not going to come out of your cell, you need to stand perfectly still..."

    Geth, roll 3d6 for Sway (Controlled/Great)

    Sway (Controlled/Great):
    3d6 8 [3d6=1, 4, 3]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    33, the voice compels you to comply, and you do so, standing perfectly still as Mentalist edges closer. You realize a moment too late what's happening, as the Mentalist attacks. You struggle, dishing out a little pain before you're (tased/tranced?).

    (Consequence: level 1 harm, Bruised)

    Mentalist, 33 is incapacitated. What do you do?

    Cheeseliker on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    (Tranced! And taking that consequence, no resist.)

    Mentalist rubs her jaw where 33 instinctively struck her. When she realizes that 33 is now in yet-another altered mental state, she coos quietly and puts 33's arm over her shoulder.

    "Shhhh, it's okay. It's all a bad dream, let's get you back to bed."

    Mentalist half-carries 33 down the sewer tunnels into the darkness away from scene of the job...

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (Marking relationship with the Mentalist as she carried me out)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    NipsCheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    ----
    Mentalist and 33 make it through the sewers, up into the streets and finally out of town to a transport they'd set up (or their mechs lying outside the town somewhere).

    As you both walk/limp through the streets, there's an enormous explosion behind you. Screams, the sound of metal crunching. If you turn to look, you can see the comms tower collapsing behind the tops of city buildings. Soldiers rush everywhere, yelling over staticky radios. Citizens retreat into their residences. You manage to get out of the city in the chaos.

    At some point through the transport, 33 comes off the drugs, coming out of a daze.

    You get back to the abandoned amusement park and reconvene with Tom.

    ----MISSION END----
    XP: (These are open to discussion, just giving my opinion, let me know if you disagree or think differently!)

    Squad XP: 1 xp if it happened, 2xp if it happened multiple times or in dramatic fashion

    Execute a successful negotiation, espionage, sabotage, or propaganda op? Yes. +1
    Bolster your squad's reputation or develop a new one? Yes. +1
    Express the goals, inner conflict, or essential nature of the squad? Yes! +2
    Face off against foes above your pay grade(higher tier): Yes. +1

    Squad xp: 5

    Pilot XP:

    (I'm going to completely leave it up to you guys to determine how much xp you get, 0,1 or 2 for each question, just give us a quick reason you think you get so-and-so xp. As an example, I'll do webguy20s
    Dice:
    Address a challenge with understanding and poise? 1xp, ambushing the enemies showed understanding of the situation
    Express history, tragedy or opening? Didn't really get a chance to, 0xp
    Struggle because of your belief's, history or tragedy? Didn't really get a chance to, 0xp
    Total xp: 1)

    ----Mission Reward----

    Mission Successful: take a supply roll from the Employer Faction (Democracy). Roll dice equal to Target's tier(Cult of Earth Found Tier 2) + Employer Faction Status(starts at 0).

    Geth roll 2d6 Supply Roll

    Take your Employer Faction's Supply roll bonus. Democracy: +1 Personnel, +1 Material

    The Squad earns 2 Rep. If the target of the mission was higher Tier than the squad, take +1 Rep per Tier higher. tier 2 = 2 tiers higher than 0, = 4 REP.


    ---DATA INCOMING---

    Supply Roll:
    2d6 3 [2d6=1, 2]

    Cheeseliker on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular

    Squad gets 2 Supply Points.

    Assign the Supply Points as Materiel, or Personnel. Any Supply Points beyond the squad’s maximum storage capacity must be used by the end of the next Downtime phase or they are wasted.

    Each pilot checks to see if they did something that furthers their Drive. If they did, add 1 tick to a Drive clock.

    Every pilot can take a free Upkeep Downtime Activity, but must still spend the required Materiel.

    Every Pilot removes any Level 1 Harm they have, and every Vehicle removes any Level 1 Damage it has.

    ---Trust and Status incoming---

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    If a Squad benefited from the mission consider giving +1 to that squad's Status. (I can't think of a direct benefit to a specific squad, except maybe a Jovangellion one? I'm open to ideas but it's also fine to not get +1 with a squad from this mission. Maybe Jovangellion Jackals who are "Diplomats and Spies", at the moment you are -1 with them, getting +1 would bring it up to "0")

    If a Squad was Harmed by the mission consider giving -1 or -2 to that squad's Status depending on how bad the damage was. (This is a little tricky considering you were presenting as Jovangellion. I'm fine with keeping Cult of Earth Found at +0 if you guys want to go with that.)

    For every Squad Status point above or below zero, add a descriptor that expresses how that Squad views the players' squad. (Since this was a quiet mission, we don't need to do this)

    If the mission was kept completely quiet and the results can’t be traced back to your squad, skip Trust adjustments for the Target. Instead lose only 1 Trust with them as rumors filter back to them. -1 Trust with Church of the Celestial Myriad.

    Adjust the trust of the Faction that employed the Squad for the mission.
     Civilians died. -1 Trust ( )
     The ROE was broken. -2 Trust ( )
     Important infrastructure damaged that was not the mission's target. -2 Trust ( )
     A Squad that was not the mission's Target and belongs to the Employer was Harmed. -2 Trust ( )
     The mission was successful. +Trust equal to double the Target's Tier, minimum 1. (+4)
     At least one secondary objective was completed. +2 Trust ( )
     You have Vendetta with one of their squads at the start of the mission. That Squad does not have to be involved in the mission. -1 Trust ( )

    +4 Trust with The Democratic Federated Systems

    Adjust the trust of the squad's patron Faction.
     Another Faction was aided. -1 Trust ( )
     The Patron's interests were Harmed. -2 Trust ( )

    Entanglement

    Entanglements exist because the world is unfair, the brass do things that seem random and incompetent, and your friends are vulnerable simply because they know you.

    geth roll 2d6k1 Entanglement









    Entanglement:
    2d6k1 5 [2d6k1=[5], 3]

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Debriefing: One of your Squad is questioned by your superiors. One of the pilots or a Cohort is taken in to be grilled. Make a Fortune Roll using the Squad's Tier to see how well they resist the pressure (1-3: level 2 Harm, which can be resisted by Pilots as normal, 4/5: -2 Trust) or bribe the grunts grabbing the person with 1 Personnel.

    Tons of crunchy stuff here, you might be asking what do I need to do?

    1. As a Player, Determine Pilot XP as stated above and post.
    2. As a group, you have 2 Supply points, 1 Personnel and 1 Material point. (You owe 1 Personnel, do you pay it? If not, you suffer -1 with that Squad you owe). Determine whether those 2 Supply points will be Personnel, Material or both (1 of each). Can hold off until you decide what you're doing for downtime.
    3. As a player, determine if you did something that contributed to your Drive Clock. If so, put a tick on the clock.
    4. As a player, determine if you want to perform the free Upkeep Downtime Activity. Upkeep: Clear exhausted Quirk boxes on vehicles. Spend at least one Materiel and roll that many dice. Your vehicle refreshes a number of Quirks equal to the highest result. If the result is higher than the number of Quirk boxes filled the remainder is wasted. Additional exhausted Quirks can be removed by spending 1 Materiel point per Quirk. Each pilot gets a free Upkeep action as part of their Reward. You can also spend 1 Materiel to take an extra Upkeep activity. (Only Xagar needs to do this. x Material = x dice rolled. Highest result = # of quirks restored. You currently have 1 Material but 2 supply points that could also be Material)
    5. Determine Downtime Actions!


    ----Downtime----
    During the time between missions pilots can have freeplay scenes (where pilots talk with each other and NPCs) and perform 3 Downtime Activities. These freeplay scenes can be part of a Downtime Activity, have non-Downtime Activity dice rolls involved, be purely narrative, or become a Downtime Activity; whatever fits best.

    If a Pilot or Cohort Assists with a Downtime Activity (except for Cut Loose), describe how they help, and take +1d. This costs no Stress and no Downtime Activities for the pilot or Cohort assisting. Only one Pilot or Cohort can Assist at a time. Allies and the Direct Superior do not provide +1d when helping with Downtime Activities but likely provide access to resources that would otherwise be unavailable.

    Downtime activities include:
    Acquire Asset: Temporarily gain use of a Vehicle/Tool/Cohort for the next mission

    Collect: Gain Supply Points from a Region (take from the citizenry/military of that region, useful but can trigger entanglements)

    Fix: Roll engineer to fix damage to your mech.

    Start/Continue Long-Term Project: Researching a new beam weapon, finding a missing person, building a romance, finding a personal sponsor, and even possibilities that break the rules! The GM will determine how many segments the Project Clock has depending on what the goal is. (These could definitely help your Drive Clocks)

    Recover: Heal up!

    Salvage: If you have a damaged vehicle, you can salvage it for Supply Points

    Schmooze: Improve relations with a Faction

    Train: When you spend time bettering yourself mark one attribute XP or one Playbook XP. If you have the right Squad Training upgrade mark two XP instead.
    You can only train each XP track once per Downtime. You can also spend 1 Personnel to take an extra Train activity.

    Enhance: When you spend time to improve your vehicle add 1 mark to the Vehicle Enhance track. If you have the Testing Facility Squad upgrade mark 2 instead. When the track fills add a new Quirk to your Vehicle OR add a point to a Vehicle Action. You can also spend 1 Materiel to take an extra Enhance activity

    Cut Loose: When your pilot cuts loose you’ll remove some Stress from your Stress track. Pick another pilot and describe how the two of you spend time dealing with the pressure you’re under. This can only be done as a Downtime action because to really dump some anxiety takes a fair bit of time. However, you can decide that your pilot skips the next mission (perhaps going AWOL) so they can cut loose, and you’ll play a different member of the Squad for that mission. This might be a new squaddie, a friend, or an already familiar NPC, any of which will help further flesh out the squad’s cast.

    Manufacture: Craft something


    So much stuff, sorry to dump it all on you guys. Feel free to play out some freeplay scenes between characters as you arrive back at the FOB. Also, your direct superior will be sending a message to you about your success soon. Think about what downtimes you want to do, if you need more info on them, let me know.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Important things to consider:

    Are any of our 'Mechs damaged, that might require Materiel to fix?

    Do any of us have Pilot Harm, that might require Personnel to heal?

    I think we should pay our allies the 1 Personnel right off the top. But damn, that was some lousy rolling. Geth!

    [Edit] Cheese, are we using the 'relaxed' healing rules, or the more strict ones?

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    I would lean towards relaxed, where level 1 harm/damage automatically goes away when you use the Recover/Fix Downtime.

    Nips
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I would give the squad 2 XP for completing our mission in a dramatic fashion, as the demolishing of the radio tower with unexpected explosives is pretty dramatic.

    Pilot XP:
    Address a challenge with violence and coercion? Yes, 2xp
    Express history, tragedy or opening? Yes, 2xp
    Struggle because of your belief's, history or tragedy? This is the difficult one. Did throw my rival through a wall compromising stealth, so 1xp
    There was also Kiku struggling with killing, before reverting to 33, and the flavouring of drugs with her Opening, but they probably don't count.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I can get the Mentalist to disguise me and then go visit Alix for heals right?
    Or less glibly, how do we get a medic onboard?

    Looks like we can either declare an Ally who is a medic (but who might not be willing/able to help without something in return) or Acquire an Asset who is a medic for a period.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Blah, looks like I got my connection clocks wrong.
    We only get connection ticks with other pilots when we Cut Loose or spend Drive or use certain abilities, not when we satisfy beliefs about the pilot.
    And I can only get one tick from having consequences placed on me by my rival (and one for putting ticks in his challenge clock)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Am thinking that Kiku takes Prowl, and then gets dressed down by the brass.
    And after that, goes to visit the prison stitcher to recover, and hopes they're in a good mood.

    The Prowl skill should give Kiku decent physical resistance (1/2 of 0 stress, 1/8 of 3+ stress), and is thematic.
    Even if she never uses it <~<

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Prowl isn't just about being sneaky, it can be about moving very quickly as well. I like it!

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Ok, let's take a stab at this.

    Address a challenge with deception or influence? +1 (Sewer shenanigans)
    Express history, tragedy or opening? +1 (Mostly for mostly talking down 33 at the end!)
    Struggle because of your belief's, history or tragedy? 0 (Honestly, I don't feel like Mentalist struggled on any of these points)

    Total Pilot XP: 2

    So with the 5 Squad XP, that's 7 total? And that goes into the Playbook XP track or Attribute tracks?

    Gotta go back and check my Desperate rolls too...



    1. As a Player, Determine Pilot XP as stated above and post. [Check]
    2. As a group, you have 2 Supply points... [Like I said, Pay The Man, and then...Profit?]
    3. As a player, determine if you did something that contributed to your Drive Clock. If so, put a tick on the clock. [Not seeing it, myself, so no tick.]
    4. As a player, determine if you want to perform the free Upkeep Downtime Activity. [No Need!]
    5. Determine Downtime Actions!
    [So for my three Downtime Activities, I'm probably going to Recover, Cut Loose, and....maybe Collect? I feel like we're really Supply constrained, and I think this is about the only way to shore that up outside of missions.]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I would say you also talked down 33 and used deception on the base's command with the radio, for 2XP for your first criteria.

    With the second, did you express any of those while setting up the engagement roll (for 33 to completely botch)?

    I don't think we get to spend Squad XP though; I think that just levels up the Squad.
    And we have 1 personnel, 1 material from Democratic patron, as well as 2 supply points.
    So absolutely pay the hackers.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    You can probably also take the free Upkeep action to lose your lvl 1 harm?
    I don't think you took any level 2 harm that you need to Recover from..

    Checked and the automatic removal of level one harm/damage is just part of the Reward.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Alright, since I'm the only one that needs to Recover at the moment anyway.
    Kiku is going to get dressed down by the brass.

    Minion roll 1d6 for We were awesome, what are you complaining about?

    We were awesome, what are you complaining about?:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Kiku sits into the interview room, tired.
    The brass always like to talk and talk.
    Great honour this, attack on our great cities that, as if they aren't part of the problem.

    Drake pulls open a manilla folder that Kiffen has retrieved from.. somewhere.
    'I don't suppose you recognise this person, do you?'
    The sewer cam has picked up an out of focus shot of Kiku's face.
    Her eyes and manner unmistakable.
    'I don't believe we've been introduced'

    Drake rolls his eyes.
    'And him?'
    Drake pulls out shots of Alix getting placed into a wagon, covered in plaster.
    Kiku smirks.
    'I don't recall ever needing the work of a re-modeler.'

    Drake fumes.
    Now he simply dims the lights and presses a remote.
    A frazzled 33 can be seen stumbling in the mist, clearly shouting "FUCK YOU ALIX! ITS 33. YOU DON'T GET TO USE MY NAME".
    Kiku's eyes draw.
    'Now to be honest, I don't remember that. What are you pumping into me anyway?'

    Drake slams the table.
    'THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A STEALTH MISSION RECRUIT.
    NOW YOUR FACE IS PLASTERED ALL OVER THE COMMS FROM ONE SIDE OF THIS ROCK TO THE OTHER.'
    Kiku shouts back.
    'YEAH? BLAME THE DOC THAT GAVE ME THIS FACE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    DAMN TURNCOAT NEARLY BROUGHT THE WHOLE PLACE DOWN ON US.
    I'M SURE HE'LL OBLIGE YOU IN MESSING THIS FACE UP AGAIN IF YOU SAY "PRETTY PLEASE"'

    Drake's face, on the other hand, has turned a bruised purple.
    "OUT!"
    Kiku abruptly stands up as Kiffen catches her chair before it slams into the back wall.
    There's a shushing sound as the weathered man steps between the pair and ushers her to the door.
    "That could certainly have gone better. You get some rest.", he murmurs as Kiku is evicted efficiently.
    "I'm sure you could use it"
    The door closes to an
    "You'll have to excuse her, still not well.."

    (-2 Trust from the 5)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    NipsXagarCheeseliker
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Tom arrives back at the base alone, spending much of the drive home trying to contact Dice without success. He doesn't leave the hangar, and doesn't even leave the cockpit of the Crayfish until he's finished a systems check. The camera pans on his face, showing a column of red lights dimly reflecting on his sunglasses that mark missing equipment, and he scowls.

    After filing the order for the missing components from the cockpit, he shuts off the display and heads outside, double checking the techs outside know which model of drone to load in. He walks out of the base, almost a mile away where a small, battered car waits. He drives to a small coffee house in a nearby town, where he sits in silence for a while, expecting to hear a communication from his new teammates at any moment. His mind runs over the battle, alternately berating himself for being this close to being fucking dead and complimenting himself for planning ahead well enough not to be.

    Cup empty and the sky darkening, he checks his watch. Where are they? He tries to tamp down any thoughts of the countless things that could have gone wrong, and heads back to base.

    @Cheeseliker Do we have a name/description for any vehicle techs/mechanic types?

    ---
    Pilot XP: Tom gets 1 for a decent job planning ahead, 0 for the social ones since I didn't get a chance to interact much with others in the scene.

    Geth, roll 1d6 for Upkeep to reload all my used stuff

    EDIT: Stuff fully reloaded.
    EDIT2: Oh, the park is abandoned. That makes sense...

    Upkeep to reload all my used stuff:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

    Xagar on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Discrider is correct, the squad XP is for leveling up the squad. That's how you get improvements, more special abilities, Cohorts(fireteams or Specialists), etc.
    The systems pushes you to roleplay in order gain more xp. It's also a reason a Scar isn't such a bad thing, it gives you another xp trigger. Also, I'll try to be a bit better about giving you more opportunities for your characters to roleplay and interact, sometimes I get too focused on action, particularly in a slow-moving forum game, but character interaction is absolutely important.

    The free Upkeep is only for mech quirks. You can't use it for a Recover or Fix action.

    Also, Xagar uses 1 Material for Upkeep, that's why he rolled 1d6. So you now have 1 Personnel and 2 undesignated supply points. You pay the hackers with 1 personnel, leaving you with 2 supply points.

    As for an Ally, here's from the rules:
    -
    Once per session a Pilot can declare that they “have an old friend” who can help. This can be someone from the Pilot's past, an NPC that has NOT yet interacted with them,
    or a previously declared Ally. Describe the scenario of when you last saw them, and make an Action Roll appropriate for those circumstances. A 4-6 indicates that you are on good terms with the Ally and they are likely to help you. A 1-3 shows that they don't want to see you, but could be convinced to help. Any roll less than a 6 incurs Consequences as appropriate to the Position, which might be related to your past with the Ally, the Ally's current situation, or something unrelated to the Ally. Add the ally to your Connections sheet with a short description instead of Beliefs.
    -
    The book states you can declare 1 ally per session and for our purposes, I think a Session can count as 1 mission+downtime. Only Nips has declared an ally so far (we will count the random allies as bonuses), either Xagar or 33 could declare an ally medic person. You will have to describe who they are and make a roll still.




    Also, with easier healing/fixing rules, all you need is to take the Recover/Fix action to get rid of level 1 harm/damage.

    Xagar, what do you mean by vehicle techs/types? Do you mean people? You have a workshop in your FOB but you don't have Engineers. If you want to do the Fix action, you have to either Acquire Asset(Engineer), roll Engineer yourself, or create an Ally whose an Mechanic as above. If you only have level 1 damage, you might as well roll yourself, because no matter what you can fix it yourself.

    Also, for Cut Loose, you need to choose another character you are Cutting Loose with. It doesn't count as a Cutting Loose action for them, however.

    Also, don't forget about Long-Term Projects! They are very cool things! Especially if your characters Drive isn't something you can especially address during missions, you can attempt to address it through Long-Term Projects. Long-term projects can be Literally Anything you think would be cool.

Sign In or Register to comment.