As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Knights Flying Crown] A Randomly-Generated Beamsaber Mission

1234568

Posts

  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Sounds like a plan.

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Gather info = Choose an Action, describe what your pilot is doing and roll that Action. There's no positioning/effect. I'll try to get a post up before I leave fri-sun and will be unavailable.)

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    It sounds like Tom is going to scout the route somehow, Mentalist is going to talk to 3PCC and Kiku is going to check out the Broken Bank maybe?

    Nips
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular

    The Broken Bank

    Dust drifts over rubble-filled roads and on burnt-out vehicles. The streets are haphazard and wrecked. Buildings still standing have their windows broken, doors smashed and look empty, though a few you can tell are inhabited, the windows boarded over, the doors barricaded. Maneuvering this area is difficult. Rampant proxies and AI appear and disappear in the AR. This is a place of criminals and outcasts, those looking to hide or those looking to take.

    The only major road is Ambush Row, that provides a line straight south-east from the Tower. The wreckage around it provides ample opportunities for ambushes.

    There is a bar in this area, The Broken Bar, known as neutral territory for most.

    You follow coordinates to a different location, an underground parking garage that requires entry through a gate that is, surprisingly, working. You're let in when you identify as Knights Flying Crown. Inside, the first floor looks abandoned, a few busted cars or trucks. Below that, a make-shift base runs. Tents cordon off different sections. A few AWV's rest in the corner, looking shiny and clean. You spot handsome pilots talking, training or working on their AWV's. In another tent, techs look at film, check their cameras and equipment, and discuss editing techniques.

    One of the pilots walks forward to greet you. He's got flowing blond hair and blue eyes, as well as a chiseled frame with a jawline to match. "Name's Samuel Theodore, the 3rd." He doesn't put out a hand to shake, and in fact, doesn't look happy. "Not sure why we're playing second fiddle to a rookie crew like you."

    Another steps up beside him, slapping him lightly on the arm. This guy's lean but muscular, with meticulous facial hair. Again, you notice just how handsome the pilots in this squad are. "That's the mission, Sam, get over it." He grins and holds his hand out. "Jensen, we'll be your back-up but it's your show. The brass must like you."

    Sam grunts in displeasure and crosses his arms.

    What do you do?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (Thinking about it, either Kiku or Tom should also use Interface to see whether we can hack in and gain Intel on what the package actually is and how it will be transported
    Maybe Devil's Bargain to get a +d but let other attacking squads know someone else is trying to steal the same thing?
    Otherwise not sure if we can assist on these rolls)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Can I use Hunt to try to gather some information about this squad or the package? Failing that I would try an Interface on the squad or the AR nearby.

    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Tom will mingle at the Broken Bar, and try to find out what he can about the opposing squad, the Hatchetmen. Any rumors? What's their rep as a squad? Any info on their vehicles, any past ops, any notable personalities?

    Geth, roll 3d6k1

    EDIT: I think the squad still has some resources, if so, he'd be willing to commit 1 of them to get some confirmed or especially useful intel, especially about their vehicles or about the upcoming transport mission.

    3d6k1 4 [3d6k1=[4], 4, 4]

    Xagar on
    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (You could definitely spend a point of Personnel to 'grease the wheels', and bump up your roll to a 6. Will post response soon)

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (Note: you could be with the Mentalist and still do your own Gather Info action. There's time for both)

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mentalist gives a polite salute to Samuel and Jensen. "Well met. I'm Rick Tsubasa, callsign Mentalist. My cohorts here are callsigns Holdout and Guardian. Drake from the DFS called us in, but as per usual our superiors have been a little tight-lipped on specifics. If you have time, I'd love to have a sit-down and discuss what we each know about the target, and how you best think we should approach this upcoming sortie."

    Mentalist finishes her introduction with the most genuine, enticing, ten-dollar smile she has in her repertoire.

    (I'm basically going fishing for information the 3rd might have on the target or the mission at large, and I'm more or less willing to share anything Drake told us previously. Consort or Sway roll, or do I need to get more specific?)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (No that's fine. Sway would be you lying/manipulating/persuading to get more info, consorting is more being honest, getting info from friends/contacts, so it's kind of up to how Mentalist is doing this. Sway is more underhanded, Consort is more friendly. )

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    (Alright, I want to keep this cordial for the jump. Let's Consort.)

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Consort with the 3rd

    (E: Ding! Complete success.)

    Consort with the 3rd:
    2d6 8 [2d6=6, 2]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Sam grunts and walks away, leaving the friendlier man to talk to you. "Name's Gerald, let's sit and chat." He walks you over to a tent that holds a fridge plugged into a generator, a table and some comfy chairs.

    Gerald is very open to talking, especially with Rick being honest and open. "Listen, we're here to hit the enemy and look good doing it, but, for whatever reason, we're playing back up to you guys. Like I said, brass must expect big things from you." He leans in a little closer. "They wouldn't be sending us to document you for a little smash and grab, know what I mean? They must expect something...extra. An enemy VIP maybe." As you discuss more about the mission, he leans back after you reveal the Rules Of Engagement. He whistles. "There you go, they expect more muscle than they're telling you and want to video of you guys defeating the enemy. I'll let you know they've told us to only go in at your request and only in dire circumstances." He leans forward again. "I'll let you know, if you do call us in, Sammy over there is going to try to take over immediately. He doesn't care about you or your squad, he wants to be the one in the lime light, he wants to be the 'hero'. My advice? You only call us in if you absolutely have to, because once you do, we're going to be the ones looking like heroes." He goes to the fridge, grabs water bottles and hands them out. "We don't have much more info than you do, though we have learned a bit more about the package. It's a scientist traveling with a small cargo crate. What's in the crate, we don't know."

    (You got a 6 so you can ask a couple questions.)



    Tom, you manage to find some soldiers of an Independent squad who've dealt with the Hatchetmen before. The Hatchetmen are generally used to maintain and repair infrastructure, especially infotec. They know how to deal with rogue Proxies and AI, which the Broken Bank is full of, so maybe that's why they're handling this transportation. They have Light AWV's with light armaments, a couple two-leggeds and a 6-wheeled mobile AWV, sort of like a mobile base. A hacker or two generally operate within the base and you assume that's where the package will be.

    The Hatchetmen's two-legged AWV's do carry large Hatchets which they will use in battle, if needed, to damaging effect, thus giving them their name.

    If you grease the wheels(spend 1 point of Personnel to buy rounds of alcohol...)
    There's a rumor that very recently a Nor VIP has been seen with the Hatchetmen, one that could bring alot of firepower with the Hatchetmen...

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Kiku sits at the bar and finishes her drink.
    Tom appears to have everything in hand, and Rick is off who knows where, leaving her spinning in her seat.
    Paying the bartender, she slips out the door and heads towards the markets.
    May as well get some shopping done while they're here.

    Sauntering through the stands, she browses through componentry, looking for anything that might help her weaponise the countless wrecked mechs that litter this no-man's land.
    A blip on her communicator relays a message from Rick; probably need something to scramble the tech-heads channels if they're capable of dealing with all the rogue software round the place.

    Minion roll 1d6 for Engineer

    Engineer:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Rick smiles at Gerald. "As usual, the bigwigs with the deep pockets are seemingly holding out on us. Do you know anything about the box? We're completely in the dark about it. Biological? Chemical? Nanotech? What kind of transport and containment are carrying that box? The last thing we need is to cause yet another environmental disaster around these parts."

    [I want to know what the 3rd knows about the target's package. It might be nothing, and Rick won't push the issue if it's nothing.]

    She sighs, and then pulls out a data pad. "Also, let's get down to brass tacks on the ToE's for our forces; I've never been one to put a good look before the success of the mission, so I need to know what we each can bring to the engagement. If I think there's even a small chance the target can slip by, I'll be on the comms to you in a hot second."

    [I want to know details about the 3rd's equipment and personnel. What are they capable of deploying? How many men, mechs, and capabilities of such? Rick will happily volunteer our own details likewise.]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    "Some kind of tech," Gerald says. "That's as much as we know. The Nor have been very interested in the local megafauna so I wouldn't be surprised if it's something related. Might be why the DFS wants it too." Gerald goes on to describe the 3rd's abilities. They have three Medium AWV's with decent mobility and firepower, along with a wheeled AWV that carries the Camera Crew and equipment. They're meant to hit hard and fast and look good doing it. "You call us, we will be ready. Just remember, Sam will try to take over. One last thing," Gerald says. "If we know about this, others probably do too. We might not be the only ones going after this."


    (Gather Info: 1-3-Limited Information)
    Kiku, you don't find much that's useful. It seems if it were easy to do what you were thinking, someone would've done it already. It's going to take more to do what you want.

    (one option here is do Acquire Asset roll to get some kind of tech, which would take Downtime Action and you'd have to spend a Supply Point, I forget if it's Material or Personnel)


    Tom, you keep talking and learn a bit more about the pilots in the Hatchetmen squad. The gist: The two pilots who handle the two-legged AWV's are Tess and Janna, who tend to be extra aggressive in getting up close to enemy mechs and using their 'hatchets'. The hacker, Lanier, keeps to himself, wears goggles and is generally known as a weirdo, but then, most hackers are.



    (What we need before Engagement Roll:
    1. Where you going to hit them? Broken Bank or further south in the open?
    2. Type of Engagement:
    -Assault
    -Stealth
    -Deception
    -Social
    -Transport
    -Strange Tech(for example: using the rogue AIs and Proxies could be this type of engagement

    ))

    Nips
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Tom finds a spare moment to talk to the team. "I heard their name "Hatchetmen" is literal. Let's come up with a plan that avoids them. I think here at the Broken Bank is our best bet. Though the situation may get a little messier than out on the road, it's our backup's home turf, and I can use the AR here. Also, if that dinosaur or whatever they've got in there is so important, setting it loose might keep them busy." He leans back and mumbles "might be a bit optimistic..."

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Rick nods in agreement. "Yeah, hitting them in the Bank is probably our best bet. I don't know that we're going to be able to skirt the Hatchetmen completely, though, so we should be ready for a dust-up regardless."

    [I think we're on an Assault plan, unless one of you think we can finagle a Stealth or Deception inroad.]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (What's 'Hide my Mech, leap onto and carry off the transport with Wreck, before forcibly removing the cargo from its chassis with mod tools', cause I thought that might be stealth or deception)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    (That sounds awfully Assault-y to me!)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Cheeseliker
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (What are Rick and Tom's plan generally? Stay back and bombard? Everyone ambush at once, etc? Just want a general idea before we do the engagement roll)



  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    (I'll plan to set up a hack or electronic warfare thing to aid in the ambush, then bombard from cover. It's still an Assault, I would say.)

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    (I think since Rick is 2 in Battle, and her 'Mech is a Heavy with 6 Load, I'm pretty much committed to getting stuck-in and punching my way in/through/out. So, probably the first bump in the road for the oncoming convoy in an Assault.

    I think the plan goes something like:
    -Mentalist (in 'Mech) and Holdout's AR attack to stop the convoy
    -Mentalist (up close) and Holdout (at range) pin the convoy in place
    -Guardian jumps the convoy to grab the target, then we scatter
    -...
    -Profit!)

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    discriderCheeselikerXagar
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (with predetermined rendezvous point after we scatter, just in case Guardian picks up a tail)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    NipsCheeselikerXagar
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Engagement Roll:
    +1d luck
    +1d Bold: yes
    +1d Receiving External Support
    -1d Tier

    WHoever wants to can roll 2d6 for engagement!

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Kiku removes the last vial from the plastic bag, before fitting it carefully into a spice rack mounted to the wall of the cockpit.
    She looks around briefly before knotting the bag and stuffing it under the console.

    Light streams through the wide bay windows of the Guardian. Kiku squints a bit and repositions the retracting table to catch as much as possible. Most of the power being turned off to prevent detection.

    Kiku holds her breath as the first strokes of paint layer themselves onto a small ferris wheel.
    Not quite the same as the one back at base; this one is supported each side by a pair of unfinished mechs.
    A smile spreads across her face.
    At least I found something at the market
    Another layer spreads onto the model
    Especially when there's nothing to do but wait

    Outside, the bulk of the Guardian lies mostly buried.
    An attempt to blend into the surrounding scrapfield that the targets must pass through.
    But for the moment, there's quiet.
    And so Kiku continues to work.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Nips
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Minion roll 2d6 for getting this convoy rolling

    getting this convoy rolling:
    2d6 6 [2d6=5, 1]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    CheeselikerNips
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    (5=Risky Position)

    The Broken Bank
    mosul-raqqa-victor-blue-opener-4.jpg?quality=85&w=1024&h=512&crop=1

    As you set up on Ambush Road, the Broken Bank feels quiet. The rubble around you remains undisturbed, wind catching ragged cloth, making it flutter in the breeze. Here or there, images pop up in the AR, bugged Proxies and AI's glitching in and out of sight.

    The convoy comes rolling through moving a pretty good pace. The Hatchetmen likely want to get past the Broken Bank as quick as possible. The wheeled APC rolls down the road at a good clip, a mounted machine gun on the top scanning from side to side. On either side of the APC, the two two-legged AWV's, humanoid-shaped, like the Apes but with fully-manipulative hands clutching giant Hatchets as well as shoulder-mounted cannons, jog alongside the APC. They look light, mobile and fast. As the convoy continues, you can see Proxies and AI wanting to close in but being repelled, likely by the hacker inside the APC.

    Tom, you have time as the convoy approaches, there are various Proxies and AI around, some visible and some not, some more heavily bugged than others. You could use them as part of your hack or electronic warfare, or perhaps not. You do know any electronic attack will attract attention from the proxies around you.

    Mentalist, the convoy approaches your position and it looks like they will walk right into you except...they stop, suddenly, scanning something beyond you. They've spotted the camera crew's APC who've moved up in an attempt to get a better view of the action. You could still charge them, but it might not be as complete a surprise as you'd hoped.

    33, you are hidden well, waiting for your opportunity.


    What do you do?

    (If you'd have liked to make an Action prior to this scene, let me know.)



    Clocks:
    Unwanted Proxy Attention [][][][]

    Cheeseliker on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Tom grimaces as he sees the enemy APC stop, a memory of a heist gone wrong from his gang days. He had to hide out for a week after that one. All he says on the comms, however, is "Beginning my attack." His hand reaches far to the right, pressing a large switch labeled PROJECTOR. The light next to it changes to green, and his usual HUD disappears as a 3D model of the AR appears in front of him.

    Tom raises his hands to the APC in the center of the projection, trying to avoid disturbing any of the unpredictable proxies or AIs, and tries to disable its sensors...

    (I think this would be Interface, which I have 1 die in, and I'd push at the cost of 2 Stress to get an extra die. Let me know if anything else applies, not sure if I'd get anything extra from ambushing them.)

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (One of your comrades could take stress to help you, though I think it would take 2 for either because they Cut Loose with Tom, but you would get 2 bonuses, +1 die and either + effect or +positioning. The goal is to disable the sensors in the APC? Can you be really clear about the goal? What do you want to happen?)

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (I think it's we can choose to spend 1 or 2 when aiding Tom, for 1 or 2 benefits)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    (I think it's we can choose to spend 1 or 2 when aiding Tom, for 1 or 2 benefits)

    (Is that true? The FaTT game podcast never mentions Aiding for less than all Bonds, even though they'd clearly want to on the regular.)

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    (I think it's we can choose to spend 1 or 2 when aiding Tom, for 1 or 2 benefits)

    (Is that true? The FaTT game podcast never mentions Aiding for less than all Bonds, even though they'd clearly want to on the regular.)

    ...
    (Doesn't look like it's true. The only reference I can find says one pilot may spend stress only equal to their connection for benefits. But it also references a teamwork section that I can't find)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    @Cheeseliker I'm trying to temporarily blind the APC, which should make it both difficult for them to see our friendly APC and our ambush we're about to do.

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    ("One other pilot may spend an amount of Stress equal to their Connection (see page 60) to help the acting pilot. The acting pilot receives benefits equal to the Stress spent. The potential benefits are +1d, improved Position, increased Effect, or acting despite having level 3 Harm. See Teamwork on page 63 for more detail.

    ASSIST Describe how your pilot helps another with their action roll. Take Stress equal to the number of Ticks in your Connection Clock with them, then select that many unique benefits from the following:  They take +1d.  They have improved Effect.  They have improved Position.  They ignore their level 3 Harm.  They ignore their level 3 Damage. The stronger your connection with the pilot, the more Stress you take when assisting them, and the harder you work to aid them. If more than one pilot wants to assist, you may want to perform a group action instead.

    @Nips @discrider are either of you assisting? If not, @xagar can roll 2d6 from Interface and pushing himself. I'm going to give you Great effect due to the Ambush. Risky/Great. )

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    (Holdout and Mentalist are both on 3 stress currently, so it's a wash whether I help or he pushes.
    I can help and have something in mind if he'd rather the Help over the push.

    Wait, actually, a help would get him two bumps, so that's better than him pushing. So yeah, if 33 isn't, I'll help. It'd be +1d and Improved Position)

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    (33 was not planning on assisting)

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    (you can also ask for a collateral die. In this case, I would say for the collateral die, a rogue AI gets into Tom's mech system without him knowing. You can take it or leave it.)

    Cheeseliker on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    (also, need a little narrative about how Mentalist is helping with this action. Providing a distraction, providing line of sight or something. It works automatically and no roll is needed but it needs to be something.)

Sign In or Register to comment.