Started What We Do in the Shadows the other day and now I'm all caught up

I want Laszlo to turn me

Jackie Daytona and Colin Robinson are two completely perfect tv characters

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Started What We Do in the Shadows the other day and now I'm all caught up

I want Laszlo to turn me

Jackie Daytona, Laszlo and Colin Robinson are three completely perfect tv characters

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    someone say something about crossovers in here?

john_munch_6563.jpg

actually sorry Munch, cops are cancelled, get out of here

munch is the least cop cop in a bunch of shows about copass cops

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    We talking TV crossovers in here?

We talking about how they made not one, not two, but three Jimmy Timmy Power Hours?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    He is still a cop, that's all that matters

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Also yes definitely use a guide for Buffy/Angel, it's neat

You get to hear the same phone conversation from two different sides!

Stuff like that

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I 100% guarantee that Detective Munch has watched, allowed, and turned a blind eye to someone like Detective Stabler beating a suspect.

He's bad.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I 100% guarantee that Detective Munch has watched, allowed, and turned a blind eye to someone like Detective Stabler beating a suspect.

He's bad.

oh absolutely yes

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Finally got around to Douglas on Netflix. 11/10, still amazing. She removed some, uh, very upsetting bits that had been in the initial (over 2 hours) live iteration and added some new stuff.

Hannah Gadsby is, no hyperbole, the best working comic today and arguably the best comic of all time, in my opinion. She is a fucking master of her craft.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    WWDITS
    yeah maybe not the high spot of the season but Laszlo and Nandor setting off for some mutual satisfaction at the end was exquisite

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

or you could just cancel it, that'd work too, better in fact

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Also yes definitely use a guide for Buffy/Angel, it's neat

You get to hear the same phone conversation from two different sides!

Stuff like that

Yeah there's the obvious crossovers which are fun, of course, but these are my favorite bits. The direct mirror stuff because these are all characters who know each other and care about each other and keep tabs on each other.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I did not expect Future Man to have more dong than boob, but there they are. Even if at least one of them is fake.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    The poochie has arrived in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

You're already on season 5?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    The poochie has arrived in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

You're already on season 5?

Oh, you mean Dawn.

I was referencing Faith.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The biggest poochie of Buffy is absolutely Riley

• Options
    Faith is absolutely not a Poochie how can you make such an outlandish statement

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    As someone who was watching live at the time, the Dawn thing was incredible.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Hey y'all, I'm Faith.

I'm the cool new Slayer who plays by my own rules.

Everybody loves me and I'm super-cool.

GOD, SHE SUCKS.

• Options
    Faith is too much of a dramatic foil to feel that way to me, especially paired as she is with Wesley Wyndham-Price

I feel like she is pretty quickly presented as Not Actually Great, which is a part of it

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

I 100% thought Zon was talking about Riley

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options

I 100% thought Zon was talking about Riley

It took me a minute to figure out, yeah, because Riley is just so much that

• Options
    I honestly forgot about Riley entirely, he's such a black hole of charisma

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Riley is really dull, and just part of a low point, but I don't think he's a "Poochie"? Faith fits that way better when she is first introduced.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Season 1 Xander literally dresses like Poochie, and I believe his first scene has him arriving by skateboard.

Edt: Wait, Poochie apparently has two designs. I was thinking of the one with the blue shirt and jeans, not the leather jacket and cutoffs one.

Lars on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It'd be one thing if he was actually really quite good at his role but he doesn't have have that to lean on.
    and then he comes back later as secret agent man and it's somehow even worse

I actually quite like The Initiative as a thing though, it makes a lot of in-universe sense and even forms the basis of one of my favourite Angel episodes
    the one with the submarine

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    The best part about Riley is that he is just constantly getting hit in the head

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I had a roommate once with a Buffy cast poster where he'd put a post it note over Riley's face and written something like "I made Buffy's life miserable" on it.

I think about that guy sometimes. I think he has a kid now.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The best part about Riley is that he is just constantly getting hit in the head

In a Joss Whedon show?

Was Riley secretly a female character the whole time?

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Young Justice S2 really steps on the gas, huh

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    The Expanse S3 finale

I had just decided I liked Ashford, it’s like he heel turned between two episodes.

Also Drummer is hilariously, incredibly in love with Naomi, wowee.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    new Queer Eye is up, check it out if you enjoy crying

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I like queer eye

I sure do hope Karamo threatened to walk after that first season episode where they "pranked" him by having them get pulled over while he was driving at the start of the episode

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    ...it took me until now to realize Drummer’s ever-present extreme eyeshadow is probably tattooed

Although she definitely didn’t have it on when she woke up in the infirmary after almost dying

sig.gif
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    This Space Force show is both very unfunny on its own and unfunny in the context of *gestures around at everything*

Maybe they should be given the benefit of the doubt that they thought it would be a fun satire about a stupid idea the dumbshit president blurted out.

But fuck that nothing he has done has ever been funny. You can't tousle his hair as a goof, you can't call him drumpf, you can't make a show that is a comedy about carrying out his desire to militarize space. Because none of it is funny and it makes it seem like he's just a harmless bumbling goofball.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I've heard people go on and on about how good the Fire Nation beach party episode of Avatar is

You'd think it was transcendentally good, hearing people talk about it

Anyway, everyone was right

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I had a roommate once with a Buffy cast poster where he'd put a post it note over Riley's face and written something like "I made Buffy's life miserable" on it.

so like, everything I've learned about that show is because I walked in on like a dozen episodes while Roxanne was watching them

that's the context in which I ask the following question:

is riley the big dumb white guy who sucks?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m finally watching Douglas, I’d been putting it off in case it was too emotionally draining

Is good and again she always makes me nostalgic for my stupid homeland.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    It's totally wild that Zuko
    (Season 3 spoilers)
    Has great-grandfathers that DEFINITELY fucked

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

so like, everything I've learned about that show is because I walked in on like a dozen episodes while Roxanne was watching them

that's the context in which I ask the following question:

is riley the big dumb white guy who sucks?

I mean you could be talking about Xander but maybe.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.