PC Games - Elden Path & Primal Light out today!

2456790

Posts

  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I just recently bought a few of those EA titles on Origin. And now they're on Steam. Hrm.

    Now they come with Steam trading cards so clearly you must buy them again

    DonnictonJedocPeewiNetscapeBedlamSorceOlivaw
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 4
    Couscous wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I just recently bought a few of those EA titles on Origin. And now they're on Steam. Hrm.

    Now they come with Steam trading cards so clearly you must buy them again

    Haha yeah I saw that. Thankfully I don't feel that particular need. For Speed. Trading cards.

    el_vicio on
    5FEdw1A.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 4
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    Dark Messiah
    I feel like the baddie, here. The Orcs don't seem particularly bloodthirsty or aggressive. They hold elections for their leader. There's a festival coming up soon and the dude is mostly concerned about some new clothes. The temple apparently belongs to them. Which means we're the invaders, there to pillage and murder.

    no but do it though

    I, uh ... thanks? no u?

    I don't know what that means, or how to respond to it :(

    Tamin on
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Just saying that Dark Messiah is still somehow one of my favorite FPS games.

    Is it because you can kick people into things? Or like throw objects at folks and watch them suffer the consequences of taking a barrel to the face? Or is it cause of the varying levels of difficulty thanks to your class? (It's real hard being a warrior at max difficulty) Is it the charmingly kinda not bad but bad story?

    I should play it again.

  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

    yes please

    hopefully it's a souls-like that I not just love, but actually finish, too!

    5FEdw1A.png
    Kristmas Kthulhu
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Bloodborne is definitely my favorite Souls-like

    I am not including Sekiro in that though because I consider it a different enough beast

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    NetscapeKarozMagic PinkOlivawstopgap
  • Happy Little MachineHappy Little Machine May I see your identification badge, please? Registered User regular
    I'm going to be so annoyed when the new Elder Scrolls doesn't have an improved Dark Messiah combat system developed by Arkane Studios despite the fact that both they and Bethesda are owned by the same company.

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I love Dark Messiah, even though it's a bit of a trashy game. It's just the perfect mix of RPG and first person shooter style game than I don't think any game has really topped. (They either shooters with some lite RPG elements, or first person RPG's)

    Also that kick is godly.

    I really wish Arkane would make a sequel or spiritual successor. Dishonored is just a completely different thing.

    Kristmas KthulhuDee KaeHappy Little Machine
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    Dark Messiah
    I feel like the baddie, here. The Orcs don't seem particularly bloodthirsty or aggressive. They hold elections for their leader. There's a festival coming up soon and the dude is mostly concerned about some new clothes. The temple apparently belongs to them. Which means we're the invaders, there to pillage and murder.

    no but do it though

    I, uh ... thanks? no u?

    I don't know what that means, or how to respond to it :(
    PiptheFair is saying that yes, we are in agreement that you are the aggressor, the invader, there with the intent - and, perhaps, even the desire! - to do harm. However, Pip is also suggesting that you should put aside your moral compass and go on and do a genocide. If pressed, it's possible that Pip would even go so far as double-dog daring you to do this, although I don't know if we'll reach triple-dog tier.

    Your possible responses are:
    1) "No, this is morally reprehensible! I choose to end the violence." followed by deleting your save and uninstalling the game, or
    2) "Hey, don't mind if I do, gonna kick me some orcs off of things onto other orcs" followed by digital war-crimes.

    JayKaosTaminKristmas KthulhuIoloKaroz
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Also, spoilers, though if you haven't figured it out by this point, I don't even know. The game is less subtle than a brick.
    You're definitely being set up to be the bad guy.

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    yeah just do it, it's fine

    JayKaoscB5573clipseDee KaeDonnictonKarozHappy Little MachineOlivawHacksaw
  • JedocJedoc Once to start a new life and once just to start a fireRegistered User regular
    Maybe go play Regular Totally Chill Messiah of Might & Magic.

    GDdCWMm.jpg
    MidnitePlatyOlivaw
  • McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I love Dark Messiah, even though it's a bit of a trashy game. It's just the perfect mix of RPG and first person shooter style game than I don't think any game has really topped. (They either shooters with some lite RPG elements, or first person RPG's)

    Also that kick is godly.

    I really wish Arkane would make a sequel or spiritual successor. Dishonored is just a completely different thing.

    I bet it wouldn't be very hard to get Ubisoft to them use the license.

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    yeah just do it, it's fine

    we'll definitely think you're cool if you do that genocide

    don't be a square and not genocide

    DelduwathcB5573clipseKristmas KthulhuMorivethDonnictonCrippl3YaYaMuddy WaterSporkAndrewHappy Little Machinechrishallett83Hacksaw
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    In the interests of roleplaying, I will continue murdering the orcs and taking their stuff

    purely in the interests of roleplaying, you understand

    cB557JedocCrippl3IoloCouscous
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    yeah just do it, it's fine

    we'll definitely think you're cool if you do that genocide

    don't be a square and not genocide

    Tamin can have a little genocide, as a treat

    BroloCrippl3IolocB557A Dabble Of TheloniusKarozSporkAndrewKristmas KthulhuTofystedethHappy Little Machinechrishallett83Hacksaw
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Bloodborne is definitely my favorite Souls-like

    I am not including Sekiro in that though because I consider it a different enough beast

    No the beasts were Bloodborne.

    VQqUwhO.png
    Midnitedurandal4532PlatyEmerlmaster999
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Dark Messiah

    current mood: very annoyed at goblins. Each time I thought I had cleared the area, more popped up. And then a couple of them ran into a hole in the wall, at which point
    a cyclops broke through the wall and I received the optional objective of killing it. So I did.

    I'm a bit miffed that, after letting/requiring me to use the environment to kill a dragon, this cyclops refused to follow me into a trapped corridor.

  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Bloodborne is definitely my favorite Souls-like

    I am not including Sekiro in that though because I consider it a different enough beast

    No the beasts were Bloodborne.

    I thought of this momentarily while I was typing it, sadly.

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    A good. Another game in the rich Hook cinematic universe.

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


    darunia106Kristmas KthulhuBahamutZEROA Dabble Of TheloniusPerrsun
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Command & Conquer and Red Alert defined the RTS genre 25 years ago and are now both fully remastered in 4K by the former Westwood Studios team members at Petroglyph Games. Includes all 3 expansion packs, rebuilt multiplayer, a modernized UI, Map Editor, bonus gallery of unreleased FMV footage, and over 7 hours of legendary remastered music by Frank Klepacki. Welcome back, Commander.
    20200605 C&C Remastered Collection

    Al_wat
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Dark Messiah

    current mood: very annoyed at goblins. Each time I thought I had cleared the area, more popped up. And then a couple of them ran into a hole in the wall, at which point
    a cyclops broke through the wall and I received the optional objective of killing it. So I did.

    I'm a bit miffed that, after letting/requiring me to use the environment to kill a dragon, this cyclops refused to follow me into a trapped corridor.

    I'm gonna be honest these posts are a little bit making me want to replay Dark Messiah

    Undead ScottsmanProlegomenaJayKaosBionicPenguinDee Kae
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »

    Can someone explain to me what is happening in the photo? I see a shark maybe, and a lot of brown smudges.

    steam_sig.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I think there's a big crocodile with a clock in its mouth behind the shark?

    BahamutZEROwebguy203clipseIoloKristmas KthulhuMunkus BeaverKarozHacksaw
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    in reference to peter pan, presumably

    BahamutZERO.gif
    webguy20Kristmas Kthulhu
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    edited June 5
    in reference to peter pan, presumably

    Peter Pan, that's the Hook tie-in prequel novel, right?

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    webguy20BahamutZEROSporkAndrewSnicketysnickscherbchenTofystedethKristmas KthulhuAistanI Zimbradarunia106Crippl3KarozGvzbgulHappy Little MachineVeldrinOlivawHacksaw
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Inkulinati looks AMAZING

    DonnictonIoloKarozMidnitedurandal4532
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    I think there's a big crocodile with a clock in its mouth behind the shark?

    Ah okay thanks. I can see it now.

    steam_sig.png
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Command & Conquer and Red Alert defined the RTS genre 25 years ago and are now both fully remastered in 4K by the former Westwood Studios team members at Petroglyph Games. Includes all 3 expansion packs, rebuilt multiplayer, a modernized UI, Map Editor, bonus gallery of unreleased FMV footage, and over 7 hours of legendary remastered music by Frank Klepacki. Welcome back, Commander.
    20200605 C&C Remastered Collection

    Ive been wanting this for quite a while!

    TofystedethUrsus
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    New Humble Choice is up, another paused month for me. That really went downhill when they switched from the Monthly format. I want to say Hellblade, as the highlight, has been in a Monthly before?

    5FEdw1A.png
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Not a new release, but in PC Gaming news relevant to my interests, a free patch hit the Sims 4 that adds ladders. I don't know why they weren't included in the Tiny Living pack, but I'm super excited to build true loft spaces.

    And since it's 2020, sims now piss fire.

    steam_sig.png
    BroloBedlamMidniteKarozKristmas KthulhuOlivaw
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Not a new release, but in PC Gaming news relevant to my interests, a free patch hit the Sims 4 that adds ladders. I don't know why they weren't included in the Tiny Living pack, but I'm super excited to build true loft spaces.

    And since it's 2020, sims now piss fire.


    darunia106Karoz
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    New Humble Choice is up, another paused month for me. That really went downhill when they switched from the Monthly format. I want to say Hellblade, as the highlight, has been in a Monthly before?

    Twitch's monthly content looks pretty good.

    I haven't played them but I've heard good stuff about, Observer, Dream Daddy and Flame in the Flood.

    steam_sig.png
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    New Humble Choice is up, another paused month for me. That really went downhill when they switched from the Monthly format. I want to say Hellblade, as the highlight, has been in a Monthly before?

    Yeah, it was July 2019

    Kristmas Kthulhu
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    New Humble Choice is up
    Bedlam wrote: »
    A picture is worth a thousand words:

    FCVsbrX.png

    Also:

    KmbTFXs.png



    BroloKarozHappy Little Machine
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 5
    Friendly reminder that the dude behind Supraland is pro Germanic New Medicine (he's selling books about it) and claims that there has been no convincing evidence that vaccines work

    el_vicio on
    5FEdw1A.png
    Midnitedurandal4532
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    that game is neat!

    3clipseTynnanautono-wally, erotibot300Midnitewebguy20Dee KaemanwiththemachinegunOlivawHacksaw
Sign In or Register to comment.