As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"With the Power of God and [Anime] on my side...

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Are there any anime or manga series that deal with finance?
    Kind of like How Many Kilos Can You Lift? Or Eye Shield 21? But for investing? :P

I've never seen this, but it sounds highly funny.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_(TV_series)

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rental Girlfriend) is getting a spinoff manga starring another of the rental girlfriends (Sumi, the shy girl).

Considering Sumi speaks less than Komi from Komi Can't Communicate, I'm wondering how it will go.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    This week's Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Going from a slice of life about making books to game of thrones.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    This week's Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Going from a slice of life about making books to game of thrones.

Havent watched it yet but Im super worried
    Shes gonna end up betrothed to the head priest to "protect " her

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Finally going through Dorohedoro. Thought I'd do a couple episodes a day starting yesterday.

I'm up to episode 10 now, probably gonna finish tonight.

This show is a fucking ride, I tell you what.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    My wife isn't all the way caught up on My Next Life as a Villainess, but so far she's a Nicol shipper (with the understanding that Sophia would be tagging along to live with them forever), though she says Geordo is the most attractive.

She thinks Katarina is far too dumb to ever realize any of the girls have feelings for her, but that she's at least shown she understands the concept of a heterosexual relationship (whereas her takeaway from a yuri novel was "they're such good friends").

While that's a good point, I'd still rather see her end up with any of the girls in her harem before any of the guys.

She did at least decide that if Katarina somehow ended up with Alan, then Mary would manage to make herself part of the relationship as well, as she's already spent the last seven years manipulating Alan.

Lars on
  • Options
    I'm a bit behind of broadcast, but so far Maria seems like the one that Katarina has expressed the most attraction to.

...Plus I mean Maria's the protagonist, who's gonna settle for the supporting cast?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    The only two characters who Katarina has actually been flustered around are Maria and pretty boy Nicol. And Nicol she mostly just thinks he's super hot with Maria she thinks is both hot and great in every way.

Plus giving her addiction to sweets I put my money on the baker.

• Options
    That's true if Katarina gets with Maria diabetes is only like 15 years down the road

• Options
    I'm sure there's insulin magic.

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    That's true if Katarina gets with Maria diabetes is only like 15 years down the road

Well in the weird quasi medieval settings theres no processed sugar or corn syrup

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    If Katarina against all odds manages to figure out people're into her and she does get together with someone, it's got be Sophia.
    After all, their love transcends death. What could be more powerful than that?

Guess I'm just a sucker for those kinds of stories.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    My wife isn't all the way caught up on My Next Life as a Villainess, but so far she's a Nicol shipper (with the understanding that Sophia would be tagging along to live with them forever), though she says Geordo is the most attractive.

She thinks Katarina is far too dumb to ever realize any of the girls have feelings for her, but that she's at least shown she understands the concept of a heterosexual relationship (whereas her takeaway from a yuri novel was "they're such good friends").

While that's a good point, I'd still rather see her end up with any of the girls in her harem before any of the guys.

She did at least decide that if Katarina somehow ended up with Alan, then Mary would manage to make herself part of the relationship as well, as she's already spent the last seven years manipulating Alan.

Alan's pretty much the only guy I think would be an okay choice. Geordo plays the "You're my fiance and thus have to be with me" card too often, and Nicol is just zzzzzzz, and as for Keith - dude, she's your sister! Let it go already!

...why did i think so much about this?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I feel like everyone's expressions when she asked them to help farm was a good test for who the best fit for Katarina is.

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »
    The only two characters who Katarina has actually been flustered around are Maria and pretty boy Nicol. And Nicol she mostly just thinks he's super hot with Maria she thinks is both hot and great in every way.

Plus giving her addiction to sweets I put my money on the baker.

The first few times she saw Sophia she couldn't stop talking about how pretty she was and wanting to touch her hair (which was a contrast to what Sophia expected, as before that she'd been treated as a demon for being an albino).

Also when Alan first met Katarina, he directly accused her of seducing Mary but that didn't register in the slightest with Katarina (though she was aware she had stolen a love flag from him).

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Clearly the answer is polygamy.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Honestly that seems like the only acceptable answer. Catarina has chemistry with too many people.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

And so anime was solved forever.

• Options
    Some manga are going that way. Not just going with the polyamorous ending, but doing it from Chapter 1.

100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You
    Kanojo mo Kanojo

are two that come to mind.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    So I'm a week behind on Kaguya anime, but in episode 9 (last week), an interesting detail I noticed:
    So in the cheer team the only person with a face besides Ishigami is Onodera, the girl who he knows already. Everyone else's faces are blank, even when they interact with Ishigami.

Also, am I crazy, or is anyone getting an 80s feel from the soundtrack?

When things get silly, this sound comes to mind:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

When Miko Iino gets fired up, I swear this song is playing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0

silence1186 on
  • Options

Ah yes the Tenchi method

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Worked for Jura-

Ah yes the Tenchi method

Dammit.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I thought the Tenchi method was doing the sister

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Finished LotGH Season 1... that escalated quickly.

Yang is still the bae.

Couscous wrote: »
    I thought the Tenchi method was doing the sister

Polygamy is legal on Jurai.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    But licking doorknobs isn’t.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Promised Neverland ended. Overall, I liked it, I think.

• Options
    I feel like Rokudou no Onna-tachi is reaching the climax of the story with this current arc. I hope it gets officially licensed soon, as apparently the chances of being licensed drop drastically once a series is completed.

Which is dumb. Give me Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Hatsukoi Zombie, dammit.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    How does kaguya keep getting better

This is illegal

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    6q59pk14c2t1.png

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    How does kaguya keep getting better

This is illegal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkNE_f3aG_Q&t=26s

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Kaguya future spoilers
    On top of all the good shit, they have now introduced Harem protagonist Ishigami

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Chainsaw Man twisting the knife this week

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Power of God and anime hmmmm?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBz1GmTbF54

• Options
  • Options
    The kaguya manga pretty much just keeps getting better as it goes.

Dude is really good at this whole manga thing

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    @Kana please post about the Takarazuka Revue.

I have a stack of DVDs to watch and all I've finished so far is the sampler. I need people to watch/talk about these with me.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Chainsaw Man twisting the knife this week

Making a deal with the future devil: Hell yeah this rules.

Being shown the future as per the agreement: Well this sucks what the fuck.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Have you seen the other manga that by the Kaguya-sama guy that just started not too long ago?

It's about this doctor who is a super big fan of this idol, because he had a little girl for a patient who was a big fan, but the little girl died so he carries on the torch for her.

Then the idol actually shows up at his hospital under a fake name. She's only 16 or 17, but she's pregnant with twins and won't identify the father, even to her manager. The doctor agrees to keep the whole thing a secret. Then before the delivery...
    ...the doctor is brutally murdered out in the woods by a mysterious figure...
    ...only to be reborn as one of the idol's newborn twin babies...
    ...and the other twin is the little girl patient who had died...
    ...and they both retain their full memories (though don't know each other's identities yet) and can even talk and shit as babies.

Each issue is framed with the first page being a flash forward to when the twins are celebrities and the mom is conspicuously absent.

As of the most recent chapter, the are up to being 3 years old, and the doctor occasionally googles himself only to find that not only was his murderer never caught, but his original body wasn't even found.

It's called Oshi no Ko.

This discussion has been closed.