As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Unicorn Overlord] Vanillaware Tactics and Spherical Continuity

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Platinumed this game and while take some time to see exactly where it sits I can easily say it’s in my all time top 10 games somewhere. What a story and I love how it unfolds from all the perspectives and had me open mouthed on more than one occasion. I even enjoyed the tower defense RTS stuff enough I ramped up there difficult and enjoyed working out strategies. I also successfully as a personal challenge kept the battle chain bonus up through the entire game. The only thing the game disappoints me in is that I can never experience this for the first time again, and I don’t know if I’ll ever see another experience quite like it.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I kept the chain bonus going for about 75% of the missions before I had to drop it to recover some brain-fatigued character required for a bonus objective.

Luckily, the game is incredibly generous with its battle ratings, so it’s a pretty easy platinum. I loved the game but if I really had to sit down and get in the weeds on the combat, I might not have ground out the entire thing.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    I wish the combat had a little more specialization - upgrade path and reasons to use them; pretty much had one or two good abilities on each mech, upgraded them and then stat upgrades as needed to push those abilities.

But the story is fantastic and I don't know what kind of story boarding is required to design all the little pieces weaving together

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I kept the chain bonus going for about 75% of the missions before I had to drop it to recover some brain-fatigued character required for a bonus objective.

Luckily, the game is incredibly generous with its battle ratings, so it’s a pretty easy platinum. I loved the game but if I really had to sit down and get in the weeds on the combat, I might not have ground out the entire thing.

You can just replay older missions for them to recover, too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

You can just replay older missions for them to recover, too.

Especially trivial when you already have bonus completed on a previous one. Add in buffs to overload for them and it was very easy to always have whoever you needed up.

Also, lol Missile Rain and Super Large Missile, the best kind of battlefield solutions as long as air cover doesn’t ruin it.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    i finished the game and i have some questions
    seriously spoilers, don't click unless you've finished the game
    i wrote a lot of nonsense trying to even provide context for my question which required me to organize my thinking and reread logs and realized i had fewer questions than i thought.
    i was initially confused as to how ida lies to morimura w.r.t 426's crimes, but i hadn't processed that morimura only has the memories of 2 loops ago, so she is relying on ida for information about what happened 1 loop ago. it still seems like a pointless lie, because 426 did kill 6 of the compatible, and how could he have sabotaged their sentinels Type 98s from beyond the grave since he would have already been dead by the time the battle for sector 4 came around (since it looks like he dies in that loop during sector 2's battle). except i guess ida could have lied about the timeline there so whatever, i guess it works. not sure ida yet has such strong motivation to want 426 out of the way, but also 426 did murder a bunch of people ida was maybe friends with and try to murder ida too so i guess that's motivation enough.

oh i guess also how does 426 have memories from 1 loop prior. i'm assuming its explained in the Ida scene where he's reviving him but i'm too lazy to check if there's an explanation that makes sense

my initial assumption was that morimura, izumi and ida had been looping for way longing than they actually did, although the post-game info makes the timeline fairly explicit. i guess i just assumed some of the stuff happened over multiple loops because the sentinels are developed almost entirely in the span of one loop (and new generations in between deimos invasions of different sectors!!) and that seemed like not enough time but i guess i'm not factoring in magic future technology and manufacturing

who is the AI piloting sentinel 19 originally? we know the gen 3s were originally all piloted by AI, and the 3 we know were all pilots who died 1 loop ago in the battle for Sector 4 (Tamao, Kisaragi and Miura). Dialogue indicates there was a 4th pilot who also died, and presumably was also reconstructed as an AI to pilot Sentinel 19. Of the compatible, it can't be Izumi, Sekigahara, Morimura, Yakushiji, Shinonome or Okino, because they were killed by 426 in that loop, and it can't be Ida, because he is observing on the ground and survives the loop. That leaves Hijiyama, Ogata, Takamiya, Minami and Gouto as candidates, and I think of those the most likely is Hijiyama, considering they have the two other compatible from Sector 5, and it makes some degree of sense, since the Hijiyama of the current loop was originally going to be 19's pilot. I thought maybe Sentinel 19 was a 3rd gen that never had a pilot, but it was participating in the Sector 2 battle / Sentinel Infection Incident. Seems weird they don't tell me though? Or was it Minami? There's some stuff about the Miura AI / BJ having feelings for Natsuno as well, but I thought that was because of the 2188 logs?

is the entire point of the 2188 ryoko shinonome log just a red herring? we have no information about 2188 ida & shinonome's relationship and it seems like most of the shenanigans related to Project Ark are unrelated to shinonome's intervention. although, i guess she is responsible for the big one?. i guess this is less a question and more a gripe

i guess i also don't have a great understanding of what the final phase of project ark was originally intended to be? why is looping even a possibility, isn't phase 3 the simulated first 16 years of life before the final 4 years of simulated training for the 15 clones? so what would have been the failure condition necessitating a loop before the deimos were included? (since apparently having one of the compatible die doesn't trigger a loop, so, sorry, you don't even necessarily get your full 16 years). hrm i guess actually it makes sense since the deimos are getting access to universal control and forcing a 'hard reset', essentially, so looping could have never been intended but just a consequence of starting the simulation over. except i guess the clones who were currently incubating presumably, uh, die, which is a fairly gruesome fate, especially considering its stated that there are hundreds of loops before we get to the loops that occur in game

Why does Tetsuya Ida look like an older Gouto for most of the game? ok i know this is a question without an answer but come on he really looks like an older Gouto

were all the terminator androids under Ida's control or were there deimos androids too and just art reuse? i'm assuming they were all Ida androids, which is fine, because having androids wander around to keep people away from the Sector 3 mainframe and kill people because you just want to loop again is perfectly in character, but shouldn't that be a give away that Ida is doing evil shit and not to be trusted or I guess is the only person who knows that Ida made androids Morimura and she never encounters one of the terminator androids?

good game. i liked the combat well enough, i expected it to be bad since people talk about this game as basically just being a visual novel. it definitely has some problems though, the UI is quite bad and some of the balance decisions are iffy, and the pacing is kind of iffy as well (although thats within player control i guess). but you could definitely iterate on this idea and get a really fun game.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Finally finished. I loved the combat personally, but I always knew I would, since I enjoy tower defense games(even My Life as a Darklord).

Watching the console nearly choke to death on all those particle effects, especially during Missile Rain, was a blast.

4bsk0jbot08v.png
    P10 wrote: »
    i finished the game and i have some questions
    seriously spoilers, don't click unless you've finished the game
    i wrote a lot of nonsense trying to even provide context for my question which required me to organize my thinking and reread logs and realized i had fewer questions than i thought.
    i was initially confused as to how ida lies to morimura w.r.t 426's crimes, but i hadn't processed that morimura only has the memories of 2 loops ago, so she is relying on ida for information about what happened 1 loop ago. it still seems like a pointless lie, because 426 did kill 6 of the compatible, and how could he have sabotaged their sentinels Type 98s from beyond the grave since he would have already been dead by the time the battle for sector 4 came around (since it looks like he dies in that loop during sector 2's battle). except i guess ida could have lied about the timeline there so whatever, i guess it works. not sure ida yet has such strong motivation to want 426 out of the way, but also 426 did murder a bunch of people ida was maybe friends with and try to murder ida too so i guess that's motivation enough.

oh i guess also how does 426 have memories from 1 loop prior. i'm assuming its explained in the Ida scene where he's reviving him but i'm too lazy to check if there's an explanation that makes sense

my initial assumption was that morimura, izumi and ida had been looping for way longing than they actually did, although the post-game info makes the timeline fairly explicit. i guess i just assumed some of the stuff happened over multiple loops because the sentinels are developed almost entirely in the span of one loop (and new generations in between deimos invasions of different sectors!!) and that seemed like not enough time but i guess i'm not factoring in magic future technology and manufacturing

who is the AI piloting sentinel 19 originally? we know the gen 3s were originally all piloted by AI, and the 3 we know were all pilots who died 1 loop ago in the battle for Sector 4 (Tamao, Kisaragi and Miura). Dialogue indicates there was a 4th pilot who also died, and presumably was also reconstructed as an AI to pilot Sentinel 19. Of the compatible, it can't be Izumi, Sekigahara, Morimura, Yakushiji, Shinonome or Okino, because they were killed by 426 in that loop, and it can't be Ida, because he is observing on the ground and survives the loop. That leaves Hijiyama, Ogata, Takamiya, Minami and Gouto as candidates, and I think of those the most likely is Hijiyama, considering they have the two other compatible from Sector 5, and it makes some degree of sense, since the Hijiyama of the current loop was originally going to be 19's pilot. I thought maybe Sentinel 19 was a 3rd gen that never had a pilot, but it was participating in the Sector 2 battle / Sentinel Infection Incident. Seems weird they don't tell me though? Or was it Minami? There's some stuff about the Miura AI / BJ having feelings for Natsuno as well, but I thought that was because of the 2188 logs?

is the entire point of the 2188 ryoko shinonome log just a red herring? we have no information about 2188 ida & shinonome's relationship and it seems like most of the shenanigans related to Project Ark are unrelated to shinonome's intervention. although, i guess she is responsible for the big one?. i guess this is less a question and more a gripe

i guess i also don't have a great understanding of what the final phase of project ark was originally intended to be? why is looping even a possibility, isn't phase 3 the simulated first 16 years of life before the final 4 years of simulated training for the 15 clones? so what would have been the failure condition necessitating a loop before the deimos were included? (since apparently having one of the compatible die doesn't trigger a loop, so, sorry, you don't even necessarily get your full 16 years). hrm i guess actually it makes sense since the deimos are getting access to universal control and forcing a 'hard reset', essentially, so looping could have never been intended but just a consequence of starting the simulation over. except i guess the clones who were currently incubating presumably, uh, die, which is a fairly gruesome fate, especially considering its stated that there are hundreds of loops before we get to the loops that occur in game

Why does Tetsuya Ida look like an older Gouto for most of the game? ok i know this is a question without an answer but come on he really looks like an older Gouto

were all the terminator androids under Ida's control or were there deimos androids too and just art reuse? i'm assuming they were all Ida androids, which is fine, because having androids wander around to keep people away from the Sector 3 mainframe and kill people because you just want to loop again is perfectly in character, but shouldn't that be a give away that Ida is doing evil shit and not to be trusted or I guess is the only person who knows that Ida made androids Morimura and she never encounters one of the terminator androids?

good game. i liked the combat well enough, i expected it to be bad since people talk about this game as basically just being a visual novel. it definitely has some problems though, the UI is quite bad and some of the balance decisions are iffy, and the pacing is kind of iffy as well (although thats within player control i guess). but you could definitely iterate on this idea and get a really fun game.

I have a LOT of questions about Ida, but I think most of it boils down to
    it was done to further 'test' the compatible to make them more prepared for life outside of the pods? The main thing I don't get is why he gave DD426 to Ryoko and inadvertently caused the infections.

Also, what was the 'horrific' thing that Takatoshi witnessed near the end from the logs?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    its been a while now so my memory isn't perfect but i'm pretty sure (major spoilers, don't click until you've finished, etc. etc.)
    DD-426 is Ida intentionally sabotaging the Sentinels because he doesn't want Morimura to activate Aegis so they can continue looping so he can resurrect AI Kisaragi (in a real body, I think? taking over Kisaragi of the current loop's body with the whole nanomachine memory/personality transfer thing?).

I'm not 100% sure what you are referring to - the 2188 logs? iirc there's some confrontation between...Ogata and his supporters and the security forces on the colony which ends in a bloody shootout killing a bunch of characters, Okino and Izumi being most relevant to Takatoshi? I think motivated by Ogata wanting to take over Project Ark for some selfish purpose?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    its been a while now so my memory isn't perfect but i'm pretty sure (major spoilers, don't click until you've finished, etc. etc.)
    DD-426 is Ida intentionally sabotaging the Sentinels because he doesn't want Morimura to activate Aegis so they can continue looping so he can resurrect AI Kisaragi (in a real body, I think? taking over Kisaragi of the current loop's body with the whole nanomachine memory/personality transfer thing?).

I'm not 100% sure what you are referring to - the 2188 logs? iirc there's some confrontation between...Ogata and his supporters and the security forces on the colony which ends in a bloody shootout killing a bunch of characters, Okino and Izumi being most relevant to Takatoshi? I think motivated by Ogata wanting to take over Project Ark for some selfish purpose?

I’m pretty sure that last part is exactly what he was referencing.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    ok so I started going back through the Timeline and the Mystery Files after beating the game.

There is a TON of info added that clarifies a lot of the storyline. This is me piecing it together as best as I can.

MASSIVE SPOILERS
    No SERIOUSLY
    The 2188 Stuff seems to largely have been
    --2188 Morimura's Nanomachine work that was sold on the Black Market (due to Ogata) was what killed humans on Earth, with the only survivors the ones being the ones on the Ark station. It was also responsible for Project Ark itself.
    --2188 Okino used video game code in creating the simulation which left it vulnerable to the Deimos Code, but also allowed for the eventual hacking in and use of Metachips and leveling up mechanics for the Sentinels as well.
    --2188 Ryoko created the Deimos Code to cause the Kaiju to spawn in the simulation as a way to sabotage it and kill off the future of humanity.
    --2188 Morimura's memories were uploaded into the AI for the simulation
    --The rest seemed to be largely irrelevant to the main storyline, except to show what the original versions of the 15 were like, and to confuse the fuck out of everyone, lol

The Terraforming project basically consisted of:
    --20 MILLION YEARS AGO The Orbital Facility of 2188 with the human survivors sets up all the Probes of Project Ark.
    --launch tons of probes that have the 15's DNA in them. The probes can replicate and repair themselves to keep going and spread out.
    --Probe finds suitable world
    --Probe creates Satellite
    --Terraforming Begins by the ACTUAL "Deimos" Terraforming robots
    --Facility is created on planet for the Growth Pods
    --20 year Simulation begins. Universal Control sets up the AI and 5 Sectors/Time Periods. Satellite will reset this if deemed necessary.
    --The Deimos Code caused the Kaiju to appear every 16 years, which ends up forcing this reset or Loop
    --If you get uploaded to Sector 0, then you would retain your knowledge/appearance but now be an AI construct in future loops
    --According to the Mystery Files, estimates are there have been at least 300 Loops prior to the current one, although info really only exists of the previous 2 Loops, due to Izumi and Morimura getting uploaded to Sector 0

Events in the Final Loop Occur

The 15 exit the simulation and start work on the planet

5 years later they have rebooted the simulation to just prior to the Attacks, and are able to re-enter it to interact with the AI, and are working to use the Pods to upload the AI into human bodies eventually.

This also does bring up the interesting idea that there potentially could be OTHER planets that got Terraformed by seperate Probes, and created their own simulations and versions of the 15.

edit: added a bit more info

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    ok so I started going back through the Timeline and the Mystery Files after beating the game.

There is a TON of info added that clarifies a lot of the storyline. This is me piecing it together as best as I can.

MASSIVE SPOILERS
    No SERIOUSLY
    The 2188 Stuff seems to largely have been
    --2188 Morimura's Nanomachine work that was sold on the Black Market (due to Ogata) was what killed humans on Earth, with the only survivors the ones being the ones on the Ark station. It was also responsible for Project Ark itself.
    --2188 Okino used video game code in creating the simulation which left it vulnerable to the Deimos Code, but also allowed for the eventual hacking in and use of Metachips and leveling up mechanics for the Sentinels as well.
    --2188 Ryoko created the Deimos Code to cause the Kaiju to spawn in the simulation as a way to sabotage it and kill off the future of humanity.
    --2188 Morimura's memories were uploaded into the AI for the simulation
    --The rest seemed to be largely irrelevant to the main storyline, except to show what the original versions of the 15 were like, and to confuse the fuck out of everyone, lol

The Terraforming project basically consisted of:
    --20 MILLION YEARS AGO The Orbital Facility of 2188 with the human survivors sets up all the Probes of Project Ark.
    --launch tons of probes that have the 15's DNA in them. The probes can replicate and repair themselves to keep going and spread out.
    --Probe finds suitable world
    --Probe creates Satellite
    --Terraforming Begins by the ACTUAL "Deimos" Terraforming robots
    --Facility is created on planet for the Growth Pods
    --20 year Simulation begins. Universal Control sets up the AI and 5 Sectors/Time Periods. Satellite will reset this if deemed necessary.
    --The Deimos Code caused the Kaiju to appear every 16 years, which ends up forcing this reset or Loop
    --If you get uploaded to Sector 0, then you would retain your knowledge/appearance but now be an AI construct in future loops
    --According to the Mystery Files, estimates are there have been at least 300 Loops prior to the current one, although info really only exists of the previous 2 Loops, due to Izumi and Morimura getting uploaded to Sector 0

Events in the Final Loop Occur

The 15 exit the simulation and start work on the planet

5 years later they have rebooted the simulation to just prior to the Attacks, and are able to re-enter it to interact with the AI, and are working to use the Pods to upload the AI into human bodies eventually.

This also does bring up the interesting idea that there potentially could be OTHER planets that got Terraformed by seperate Probes, and created their own simulations and versions of the 15.

edit: added a bit more info

Yeah, this seems about right, though
    based on Ryoko's screw-ups based on her own anxieties and self-deprecation, you could make a very solid theory that she's the real villain responsible for everything going wrong.
    Also, the real fly in the ointment was this being the final loop, since this was their last chance(though I forget why it was...).

Also, Renya's story in a nutshell, lol:
    u1caaxcbaftr.png

There's some great interviews here, and this question stood out:
    https://www.frontlinejp.net/2019/12/07/how-13-sentinels-was-created-interview-with-george-kamitani-and-vanillaware-staff-part-1/
    https://www.frontlinejp.net/2020/09/29/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-spoiler-qa-with-george-kamitani/
    Q. Does Vanillaware intend to be around until 2154? (See mystery file 216)

A. We'll do our best for the remaining 134 years."

Also, @cckerberos might like knowing they were inspired by Gunparade March for the battles. :D

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

Yeah, this seems about right, though
    based on Ryoko's screw-ups based on her own anxieties and self-deprecation, you could make a very solid theory that she's the real villain responsible for everything going wrong.
    Also, the real fly in the ointment was this being the final loop, since this was their last chance(though I forget why it was...).

About this:
    For the current Ryoko I'd say yeah, but this was coming straight from the video diary thing of the 2188 version. Basically came down to "Ida used me, and proved that even these last few remaining humans are crap. So I'm putting the code for the Terraforming robots into the simulation, to destroy it and create an endless loop so the clones never escape into the new world to be shitty ever again."

Also another thing that occured to me about Minami
    Her story seems to just be full of gaps near the end, like its missing several chunks.
    -She gets rescued from the future by Yuki, and shortly after is helping to find BJ with Miura.
    -You discover she is the one that has the Deimos key-code injected in her now instead of Ogata
    -she just kind of disappears until she randomly shows up with BJ in 2025 where Amaguchi is trapped.

The plot point of her getting the key code seems to get ignored too

• Options
    Remix album just came out, with an amazing cover:
    EtRSEX_U0AAFr9s?format=jpg&name=small

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Just finished 13 sentinels after getting it off the PSN sale and I have to say I take back some of my previous comments.

While I think it would have been cool to visually see the Sentinels the game overall was excellent and one of the more interesting sci-fi stories I've seen in a while (even if it is mostly a mix of other popular sci-fi stories).

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud3oLKuaXas

Also, this is $20 on sale if you can find it(unlikely).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
  • Options
    The Switch version just came out, but there's more important news!

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/grimgrimoire-oncemore-announced-for-ps4-switch

Best Vanillaware game is baaaack.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I don't know if I'd call GrimGrimoire the best Vanillaware game. The RTS sections are a bit clunky on a controller. But I did enjoy it.

Also, Advocat's English voice actor clearly took a lot of delight in his role.

• Options
    I don't know if I'd call GrimGrimoire the best Vanillaware game. The RTS sections are a bit clunky on a controller. But I did enjoy it.

Also, Advocat's English voice actor clearly took a lot of delight in his role.

It's definitely the one I had the most fun with, and had the least issues. I loved the characters, plot, and especially the gameplay.
    Odin Sphere and Muramasa both get super repetitive, and that's 13 Sentinels' whole motif.

Come to think of it, there's a recurring trend with VW and time loops...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Nice, I think that's the only release of theirs that I didn't play. Wonder if that will come west.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Just picked up this game on Switch. How long does it take for it to hit its stride?

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    That's very hard to even say given how non-linear the story is

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    They are doing Grim Grimoire Oncemore.

Awesome. I loved that game. I didn’t think it sold enough copies to warrant a remaster.

So yes. Give it to me.

zepherin on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Shenl742 wrote: »
    That's very hard to even say given how non-linear the story is

Word. I'll give it another 2 hours.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

With tremendous and heartbroken regret, we must inform you of the passing of
    @BillyKametz. Please see his obituary:

Billy Kametz, the English VA for Nenji Ogata (as well as Maruki from P5 The Royal, Josuke from Jojo Part 4, and many other roles) died at 35. Goddamn cancer.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Ferdinand von Aegir. :(

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Visual novels will always struggle over here the exception being Phoenix. Still they are growing in popularity slowly.

• Options
    Despite the surprising lack of discussion here, 13 Sentinels is confirmed to be Vanillaware's best selling game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDTGWV248bE
    It was confirmed that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has sold over 800k copies worldwide. The previously announced milestone was 500k copies last year on November 28, 2021.

gyoiapame361.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Really !? I knew they were niche developers but that’s surprising. Now for them to port dragons crown so I can actually play the game the supreme waifu came from.

Edit- also surprising cause the game is depressing as fuck,

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Haven't thought about this game in a bit, but it really is a gem. Plus the song Seaside Vacation is an omega bop.

• Options
    In GrimGrimoire news, they're having a cover contest, and the right one's winning:
    https://nisamerica.com/grimgrimoire/contest

l9sv5wxaa3vm.png

Also, that Vanillaware cuisine:
    esgaqn59sxy3.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Despite the surprising lack of discussion here, 13 Sentinels is confirmed to be Vanillaware's best selling game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDTGWV248bE
    It was confirmed that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has sold over 800k copies worldwide. The previously announced milestone was 500k copies last year on November 28, 2021.

gyoiapame361.png

They should celebrate by putting the 13 Sentinels OST on streaming services.

Yep, that's what they should do.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    I guess I could do worse.

165fe07drkwp.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    13 Sentinels is one of the few games I 100% and I will admit my early misgivings were unfounded.

While I would have preferred the mechs be visible during combat the gameplay was actually fun and pretty fast-paced.

• Options
  • Options
    Unicorns ahoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9MRbg7MqCw

This feels like a b-team Vanillaware project a la Grand Knights History, but I'm down for it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm going to buy it almost no matter what the reviews are like because he's a cute lil blonde unicorn nobleboy it's a strategy title and it also has vanillaware's art

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    was watching someone costream the direct and the big thing that made her freak out was the vanillaware announcement

i don't have much else going on for games rn so i decided to finally play 13 sentinels after picking it up on sale last year

what a strange, cool little game. i'm not sure i'm entirely keeping up with the story but i'm still kimd of enthralled. i also wasn't expecting progression to be so open; i figured it'd be linear story beats peppered with battle segments, but i can kind of just do whatever i want, which, huh