As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Emoticons

Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C ERegistered User regular
Was the switch to a new set of emoticons intentional? Aside from hating change and preferring the old versions of the more common emoticons, I'm sure many of us would miss classics like :rotate: and :bro: and :bee:

Not to mention I'd be more than a little surprised that :trollface: in particular was specifically approved.

If this was intentional, though, never mind, I love the new emoticons!

vRyue2p.png

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    :rotate: and :bee: were so good :cry:

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    :hydra:

:raven:

:sadface:

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    :open_mouth:

!vhno

Dang, looks like it's all broken.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    :bro:
    :tellmemore:
    nooooo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2020
    Some of these look like they're working, to me, tellmemore is in there as tell_me_more (:tell_me_more:) and the command for :bzz: is bzz, not bee

Not sure about some of the others, or if these are the emoticons you're remembering, could we get more of a list going of potential issues?

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Oh, they're all working again. Guess the issue must have fixed itself?

All those emoticons you see in the posts above that are now working were not working until very very recently.

Problem solved I guess!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Some of these look like they're working, to me, tellmemore is in there as tell_me_more (:tell_me_more:) and the command for :bzz: is bzz, not bee

Not sure about some of the others, or if these are the emoticons you're remembering, could we get more of a list going of potential issues?

yep :bro: was not working before, guess they fixed it, misremembering the syntax for some of them nonwithstanding

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    :so_raven: still exists, looks like most of them are back

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

yep :bro: was not working before, guess they fixed it, misremembering the syntax for some of them nonwithstanding
    If you type colon an autocomplete menu shows up. So you really only need to remember the first letter.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

If you type colon an autocomplete menu shows up. So you really only need to remember the first letter.

when the custom emoticons weren't working, they weren't showing up in the autocomplete list either

BahamutZERO.gif