As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I'm hoping it's like the first hit is free; here's a summon coin and some units, keep going, you know you want to.
    I think we also get a free Gilgamesh NVA from the Mog King. So you should be able to NVA Gilgamesh easy if you already have one and his STMR already.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I have one STMR'd Greg and three extra copies. With the free stuff I'll probably be able to get him all the way to +2, which is nice.

STMR'd Bartz with no extra copies, too. So yeah, banner seems an easy skip, here. I guess might as well give finish the lap in the rainbow banner.

Welp, didn't get much. I'd be happy about a couple more Sylvies if we weren't in the No New NVAs era, because she'd be the natural choice for an NVA in Easter, but as is...

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Alright, Raegen's at EX+1 finally. Guess Firion can take his spot on the Fragment team for now to make some extra progress towards his STMR.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Alright, Raegen's at EX+1 finally. Guess Firion can take his spot on the Fragment team for now to make some extra progress towards his STMR.
    Nice! I may need you to set him up for me. There is a video showing his OTKO potential for a bunch of trials that I have not completed. It would be nice to take one team and just clear most/all of them. I'm not sure where to start, but I'll let you know.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    Nice! I may need you to set him up for me. There is a video showing his OTKO potential for a bunch of trials that I have not completed. It would be nice to take one team and just clear most/all of them. I'm not sure where to start, but I'll let you know.

Sure thing! Just let me know and I'll set him up.

I still haven't completed Bahamut, I'm wondering if he would be good there. His limited turns in shift is fine thanks to the break gauge mechanics. I think he should be able to do enough damage, combined with a couple finishers, to get it done. I may ask you to set him up for Bahamut at some point!

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I second having more NVA Raegens available. I've been wanting to use mine, but his BS LB only really chains with itself.

Zomro on
  • Options
    The great thing is his BS gears stupidly easily so chances are he can be built for multiple trials at once.

• Options
    Got Eldryn to EX+2, which for me enough NV tickets for a guarantee. Got NV Edel. Not bad, since that gives me enough fragments for her EX+2. I'll wait to awaken her though as I don't really have a huge need for her STMR. Will probably awaken her when IW comes back around.

• Options
    Next JP banner is FFXI. NV Aphmau, with NVAs for Livid Shantotto and Shadow Lord. Shadow Lord's BS sprite (in spoiler) looks awesome! Also, his STMR sword is getting buffed to 188 ATK.
    3TioLPP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I have so many shadowlords. I'm ready.

• Options
    Looks like we are getting the update to let NV units start a fight in Braveshift. This will be a BIG boost to some units, as they can start the battle in either form and then swap immediately to the form they want. So just load up the form you're not gonna use with autobuffing stuff.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    This update also comes with the 3% NV rate (1.5% on-banner). I'm not going to try my luck. We are supposed to be getting King Behemy soonTM.

edit: Looks like I was right about the NV Treasure Summon. Locked behind a cash paywall.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Holy shit, this rate-up is such a terrible trap. 40k lapis and some tickets got me 7 NV units... all of them off-banner.
    I guess I'm swimming in trans pearls now but god damn.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I have three WoLBartz right now. Tempted to burn two omniprisms and fuse those 7*s to get his STMR, and then shard the third to get his NVA. That would let me throw him on the fragment dungeon team and be able to EX+1 with the login shards. WoLBartz is a pretty good damage dealer on his own, and has a massive AoE 45% physical wind amplify for DV.

Edit: Did it, NVA Bartz obtained.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Hell yeah random 3* EX ticket gave me NV Sol. Gonna pop him on the fragment team immediately to get him to EX+1 and grab that card.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    3 NVs during pulls, all off banner, all stuff I have ex+3. Bleh, at least I have my pity Faris now.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I sort of want to pull for Faris, but I'm a FF9 lover and I know Vivi in particular is coming in the not so far future. Combined with King Behemoth I can't justify pulling. The ability to know what's coming down the pipeline kills my urges.

• Options
    I am amused that most of my farm party for this mog king is just Gilgameshes. One NVA, two at 7* with the free one from event.

Will melt when the farm is over, of course, but in the meantime, I've managed halfway decent mog bonus.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I decided I'd use up my 3* Ex tickets and apparently miracle luck happened. NV Faris get! First one even

• Options
    I made the mistake of sharding the Gilgamesh from the event to NVA my Gilgamesh. I didn't realize I already had 25 fragments from another mission... Oh well. I'm trying to decide if I want to get a 2nd CG Bartz STMR from the 4 I have. The problem is that I will not be able to get him to EX+1 if I do. More killers on gear is nice, but not worth an STMR moogle and probably not as useful as EX+1 Bartz.

• Options
    I made the mistake of sharding the Gilgamesh from the event to NVA my Gilgamesh. I didn't realize I already had 25 fragments from another mission... Oh well. I'm trying to decide if I want to get a 2nd CG Bartz STMR from the 4 I have. The problem is that I will not be able to get him to EX+1 if I do. More killers on gear is nice, but not worth an STMR moogle and probably not as useful as EX+1 Bartz.

His STMR is also wind elemental, so it could actively harm you because of that.

• Options
    Free Weekly 10+1 had NV Lasswell in there! Neat! I guess he's going in the Shard Dungeon to get him EX+1.

• Options
    Free Weekly 10+1 had NV Lasswell in there! Neat! I guess he's going in the Shard Dungeon to get him EX+1.

He kinda sucks! But eventually we will be able to upgrade HKLasswell's STMR which makes NV Lasswell SIGNIFICANTLY better.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Did one pull for either Greg or Bartz copies, got Faris, along with 3 other rainbows. Not bad for my first pull in ages.

• Options
    I know you can rerun the Malboro event bosses (part 1 & 2) every day and get extra currency. Has anyone rerun the Malboro boss challenge? Just curious is we should be rerunning that every day. I would have to swap gear around every day to do that...

• Options
    I know you can rerun the Malboro event bosses (part 1 & 2) every day and get extra currency. Has anyone rerun the Malboro boss challenge? Just curious is we should be rerunning that every day. I would have to swap gear around every day to do that...

I didn't get around to clearing it yet since I couldn't one-shot it with my raid clearing team. But it doesn't have the 1/1 daily text along the bottom, so I assume it's just a one and done mini-trial.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    The big Marlboro seems to have some pretty significant physical defense. Triple chaining three AMoE peeps barely put a dent on it.

Me: "Wait. Self, you have wizards now. You should see if magic works here".

For the record: it rather does. Aerith and Dracofina sufficed to turn it into a crisp, and I didn't even remember to put on killers.

Drascin on
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    The big Marlboro seems to have some pretty significant physical defense. Triple chaining three AMoE peeps barely put a dent on it.

For the record: it rather does. Aerith, Citra+Folka, and Dracofina OHKO'd it in turn 2 (after turn 1 for buffs) quite handily.

I just used NV Elena and blew it up in a couple turns with a friend, so hybrid works pretty well too.

I had 45 NV Sol fragments, so I only had to run the fragment dungeon once to get his EX+1, so that's ncice!

• Options
    Son of a...
    4* EX Ticket from clearing the Malboro mini-trial dropped NV and it's Faris. After all those off-banner pulls.

• Options
    I tossed 3 tickets at the Faris banner to round down the numbers. The 3rd one dropped NV... off-banner NV OK. I'm okay with that. His TMR is very good and he has his uses in DV.

• Options
    Aphmau, the latest NV Tank in JP, has 135% imperils for fire and earth. Sieghard's NVA has a field effect on his BS LB that applies a 25% earth imperil that, since it's a field effect, stacks with regular imperils. Using both you can get a beefy 160% earth imperil. Earth element finally getting some respect!

• Options
    Is it just me or does the BS for of Gilgamesh seem to have weirdly low stats? Like, I just got it, and with the same equipment in both forms, BS form has like 800 less attack than base form.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

For the record: it rather does. Aerith and Dracofina sufficed to turn it into a crisp, and I didn't even remember to put on killers.

I . . . had not even slightly considered this.

Not that I have a large amount of NV or even powerful mages that do light damage, and I think I only have like, 3 sources of plant killer, but still good to know!

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I . . . had not even slightly considered this.

Not that I have a large amount of NV or even powerful mages that do light damage, and I think I only have like, 3 sources of plant killer, but still good to know!

I'm in bed and about to go to sleep now, but if you remind me tomorrow, I can probably set up Dracofina for you. If you have anyone to CWA chain with her, honestly it's fairly likely she can solo the thing in a couple turns.

• Options
    Looks like CG Shantotto and Lillisette are getting enhancements/buffs in JP. Also, CG Shantotto's STMR is getting buffed to give +50% LB damage. That's HUGE for a robe that already has the highest flat mag of any robe. Very glad I already have it!

• Options
    Oh boy, a Global Original War of the Visions crossover unit.
    That seems like a terrible idea when you're a week or two away from giving Esther a "revamp" because you didn't "have time" to do NV units for actual units that players like.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    I am happy that IW is coming back and they're temporarily changing the dagger rare to +20% ATK along with +%LB fill rate. I will likely run some of my daggers through again (definitely gonna return that Tonberry dagger).

Otherwise, this seems like an easy skip. I don't give two shits about WoTV and I don't need new damage dealers.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Have to wait to see her kit to see whether it's worth the chase, but I skipped Sterne last time and should be pretty easy to grab now with a few summon coins.
    So be in it a little at the minimum for a Sterne STMR.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Already have all three of those STMRs, so unless the new unit is absolutely bonkers or I feel like another sterne stmr would be good it’s an easy skip for me.

• Options
    I don't think I have a single copy of any of those units. But also, meh.